NATION

PASSWORD

Fall of Cerantia - will there be reprecussions?

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Cerantia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Fall of Cerantia - will there be reprecussions?

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Cerantia wrote:What will the WA do in response to The Parthians's actions? I was defending another nation that could not defend itself and had 400 nukes sent my way (WAS NOT GOD MODING it was simpl he had more technology and funds).

Cerantia wrote:THE FALL OF CERANTIA (continued
OOC: Yea, sure, it doesn't directly coincide with the proposed events, but I'd like to at least deal some minimul damage.
--------------------------------------------------

23:00 Hours, December 31st
One hour before extermination

Sirens blare throughout Cerantia as a suspected nuclear exchange is to take place. Citizens everywhere look up in confusion as the Tentones Tower begins it's anual New Year's light up. The series of blares continue, signalling a possible nuclear launch. Citizens scramble to the nearest underground facility.

The Naval Forces of the Cerantian Military are signalled to stay off of the coast of New Zepuha.

------------------------------------------------

23:17 hours, December 31st
43 minutes before extermination

Cerce Tentones and the other main polliticall members, allong with a sizeable population, are rushed to Sarka (a joint city controlled by Atlamar and Cerantia) and goes into hiding underground - this would normally be considered weakness, but is currently considered preservation of Cerantian legacy, therefore preserving our Glory and Honor.

Silos around Cerantia prepare to launch, the CME Ground Forces begin marching twords the enemy, with 3.2 million troops (coupled with 2.5 million from Atlamar, and the tanks numbere roughly 1 million in both of the Sarkomian Alliance's nations).

------------------------------------------------

23:34 hours, December 31st
26 minutes before extermination

7.9 Million Cerantians are either in bomb shelters or out at sea to avoid potential Nukes. Cerce Tentones prepairs a recording that was undisclosed at this time. Cerce Tentones requests that Atlamar takes control of Cerantia should the Emperor not live through the Nuclear exchange, if indeed there is one.

---------------------------------------------------

23:52 hours, December 31st
8 minutes before extermination

Orbital launch of missiles is detected, the 4 ICBMs and the Cruise Missiles are prept for launch.

---------------------------------------------------

23:59 hours, December 31st
1 minute before extermination

The first nukes reach the silos before the assorted missiles from Cerantia could be succesfully launched. However, only 20 of the 100 Cerantian submarines are destroyed due to the fact that 80 of the Subs were not yet at the base and were still off the coast of New Zepuha, as ordered. 10 Cruise Missiles from those submarines are launched at the 5 largest ground-based Military structures.

Cerce Tentones plays the recorderd message and sets it to replay after finishing:
To my people of the Cerantian Millitary Empire; You are frightened and scared, if I am to interperate the everyday citizen's response to a nuclear exchange. You are oviously mad at the Parthians for this, as I know I am. You may be questioning wether or not I am fit to rule with my decision to threaten a larger nation such as Parthia - you have every right to this, and may impeach me at your leigure - but now we are at war, in a war against a nation I know we cannot win against. But actions have been done, and we must now all pay the consequences. Atlamar has promised us their humanitarian support, if we survive this.

To the listeners of this message that may not be a Cerantian citizen, you are now looking at the tyrany of Parthia. We ask that, should we not be able to do so, you dish out proper judgement on Parthia for attacking a nation that was only defending a country that has been rendered indefencive. Parthia is a country guilty of war crimes and genocide. If any are listening to this, we have fallen victom to both - and Parthia needs to be punished accordingly.

-------------------------------------------------

0:00, 1st of January
0 minutes untill extermination

Nuclear missiles land all over Cerantia - older bomb shelters callapse killing countless thousands - ships not yet out of range are demolished - and citizens ranging from elderly to children are engulfed in a uranium-charged blast. Thankfully, due to the Cracion Peaks that border Atlamar and Cerantia, Atlamar is completely unaffected by the nuclear blasts - except, of course, the near-loss of it's ally. Only 3.4 million Cerantians still survive compared to the original 16 million. Much of the Navy and Military still survives because they were deployed before the nukes were launched, however only about 10% of the air force remains.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:19 pm

(OOC: International Incidents, not Security Council)
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Cerantia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:21 pm

A mean old man wrote:(OOC: International Incidents, not Security Council)

OOC: It's already there - I'm looking to see what the WA will do about it.

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Cerantia wrote:

Other than condemn them there's not much the WA can do about it at the moment. We can't take direct military action against them and we don't have the ability to pass sanctions (yet). If you're wanting the WA to get involved in the RP I would ask you, who would RP the WA forces? The mods? It's not going to happen.
OOC puppet of Yelda

Cerantia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:26 pm

This is what The Parthians did in response to my attempt to make them send humanitarian aid to those in San Franutsco, the country they bombarded with nukes earlier.

The Parthians wrote:Persepolis Palace

The Shah laughed as he read the Cerantian ultimatum, looking over the strategic map, he spoke to the Defense minister, now sitting across from him...

"Some people don't understand the meaning of common sense, do they Lord Marshall?"
The Shah asked rhetorically, pausing to light a cigarette before continuing. "Do you have another prepared?"

The Lord Marshall nodded, "Yes Shahanshah. We can neutralize them effectively..."

The Shah let loose a deep drag of the cigarette before punching in his authorization code into the computer again, his words were simple. "Exterminate them. All of them, obliterate this country as a message to the others."

Above Cerantia, Parthian satellites had moved into position since the ultimatum had been received, the closest having been gently maneuvered into the position from which they would strike.

Just like Krezren, just like San Franutsco, they would deliver the first blow as several hundred 5 kiloton warheads were strewn onto the ICBM silos, suspected nuclear bases, submarine ports of the country of Cerantia. The warheads slated for the ICBM silos, despite having only 30 seconds between launch of the Parthian warhead and impact, were designed to fan out into columns over the silos, meaning that even a launch taken before the impact of the warhead would result in the ICBMs being consumed in nuclear fireballs.

Along with the smaller ordinance, the larger nuclear satellites unleashed their payloads, entering the atmosphere and burning up to reveal 11 individual MIRVs from each of the 5 satellites set to attack Cerantia. The largest of these warheads, each 100 megatons in size, would impact the ten largest civilian population centers in Cerantia, while the smaller ten megaton warheads would pepper military bases with nuclear fireballs. Again, 30 seconds would separate them from firing to impact. Barely enough time for someone one the ground to scream before being consumed in some of the largest nuclear fireballs man could create.

35 seconds after the initial launch, Parthian ICBMs were offloaded from their bases in the Alborz mountains. Cerantia had threatened 4 ICBMs would be used, something the Shah would repay a hundredfold. Payment was given by the launch of 400 ICBMs each containing 10 1 megaton MIRVs. 45 minutes flight would separate 4,000 nuclear weapons from their impact points, which was generally anything not already slated for destruction by the satellite launched ordinance.

Finally, as the initial ICBM barrage flew off towards their targets, the Parthian missile force offloaded the crowning achievement to ensure the complete destruction of Cerantia. 10 ICBMs consisting of 500 megaton warheads designed to completely obliterate the country of Cerantia from existence.

Cerantia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:
Cerantia wrote:

Other than condemn them there's not much the WA can do about it at the moment. We can't take direct military action against them and we don't have the ability to pass sanctions (yet). If you're wanting the WA to get involved in the RP I would ask you, who would RP the WA forces? The mods? It's not going to happen.

OOC: Well, they could put an embargo on them or something at least.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Cerantia wrote:
Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:
Cerantia wrote:

Nope, WA can't do that. That's illegal. All we could do was condemn.
Last edited by Topid on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Weed

Cerantia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Topid wrote:
Cerantia wrote:
Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:
Cerantia wrote:

Nope, WA can't do that. That's illegal. All we could do was condemn.

So basically, what your telling me is that anyone can completely whipe out any country, WA or not, reguarldess of size and influence, withought reprecutions, save the WA saying "Hey, you did something wrong!"?

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:41 pm

The Security Council does NOT interfere with RP.

Cerantia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:The Security Council does NOT interfere with RP.

OOOooohhh, so is this forum in case someone invades a region and deports a whole bunch of people for no reason or something like that? In that case, somebody delete this post.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Cerantia wrote:So basically, what your telling me is that anyone can completely whipe out any country, WA or not, reguarldess of size and influence, withought reprecutions, save the WA saying "Hey, you did something wrong!"?

We don't usually tell any nation who 'whiped out a country' anything. We've never commended or condemned because of RP. Most nations who RP do not acknowledge the existence of the SC since we are a mostly OOC body.

You are expecting the WASC to be like the UNSC in RL, and it's not. We deal mainly with raiders, defenders, and regional politics.

EDIT: Oops, too late.
AKA Weed

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Cerantia wrote:

OOOooohhh, so is this forum in case someone invades a region and deports a whole bunch of people for no reason or something like that? In that case, somebody delete this post.

Yes. Yes it is. :palm:

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Topid wrote:
Cerantia wrote:So basically, what your telling me is that anyone can completely whipe out any country, WA or not, reguarldess of size and influence, withought reprecutions, save the WA saying "Hey, you did something wrong!"?

We don't usually tell any nation who 'whiped out a country' anything. We've never commended or condemned because of RP.

Just on that note - this doesn't mean we can't Commend or Condemn based on RP actions. It's just not something that's happened yet. The IC values of 'Commend' and 'Condemn' have yet to be set.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Yeah, I don't see why you couldn't write a condemnation of The Parthians based on this. As for imposing sanctions... that could be a suggestion for a new category of WA resolution.

Cerantia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:
Cerantia wrote:

Yes. Yes it is. :palm:

Well, crap - so I got about 3-4 million people in bomb shelters underground that are completely unorganized and I have threats of more offencive action, and I can't really receive help from the national assembly that I signed in to that is designed to help other nations?

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Enn wrote:
Topid wrote:

We don't usually tell any nation who 'whiped out a country' anything. We've never commended or condemned because of RP.

Just on that note - this doesn't mean we can't Commend or Condemn based on RP actions. It's just not something that's happened yet. The IC values of 'Commend' and 'Condemn' have yet to be set.

Yeah I know, I said 'we have never' not 'we will never'. This very well could become a condemnation if someone put a lot of work in it... But seeing as the OP wanted more than that... It doesn't look like this will be that situation.
AKA Weed

Cerantia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Now, I'm not saying "Go nuke them for nuking me!", as a matter of fact DON'T do that - but if humanitarian aid can be sent, or if a trade embargo on said country could be ennacted, that would be sufficient. I just want to see some kind of action - the WA can determine the gravity of the WA's actions.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Cerantia wrote:Now, I'm not saying "Go nuke them for nuking me!", as a matter of fact DON'T do that - but if humanitarian aid can be sent, or if a trade embargo on said country could be ennacted, that would be sufficient. I just want to see some kind of action - the WA can determine the gravity of the WA's actions.

The WASC can:
Commend: Say we like or support a nation/region
Condemn: Say we dislike or oppose a nation/region
Liberate: Remove a delegate imposed password from a region.
That's it. No aid, no sanctions. We could condemn the other nation for his action, but it would have no effect.
AKA Weed

Cerantia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:33 pm

*sigh* Well, I realize that the WA doesn't want to favor one side or another in an external affair not reguarding the WA. And also I realize that you can't successfully roleplay such a decition if you so wished to make one. Thank you for reguarding my situation.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Cerantia wrote:*sigh* Well, I realize that the WA doesn't want to favor one side or another in an external affair not reguarding the WA. And also I realize that you can't successfully roleplay such a decition if you so wished to make one. Thank you for reguarding my situation.

Don't just give up. Maybe RPers could come to some sort of agreement that a condemned nation has sanctions imposed on it by all other RPing WA nations? Alternatively, you could lobby the admins for a 'Sanctions' resolution, which can be applied to either a region or nation, which then sees its economy implode.

Cerantia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerantia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Allright, I'll do that.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Says who? We should remember that the Security Council doesn't not have many limitations.
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Topid wrote:
Enn wrote:
Topid wrote:

Yeah I know, I said 'we have never' not 'we will never'. This very well could become a condemnation if someone put a lot of work in it... But seeing as the OP wanted more than that... It doesn't look like this will be that situation.

Oh, I know. Just wanted to clarify the point for anyone skimming over the thread. Which is all a lot of people do, unfortunately, when it comes to the SC (or the WA in general).
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Cerantia wrote:

Could ask for a merge, though that can be a little awkward to carry out.
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:

Says who? We should remember that the Security Council doesn't not have many limitations.

Double negative = I am confused.