NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Liberate Panem"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nordenwald
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordenwald » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:51 pm

District XIV wrote:He was using his main account, not Signs.

Seems legit /sarcasm.

Cautiously supported.
Strong Supporter of Austrian Economics
Proud Agorist Cheerleader
Smithdown and Wavertree wrote:Ron Paul was ordained by God to lead humanity into a golden age of prosperity and space travel and you spat it back in the face of the divine

you could have listened, you had a chance

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Nordenwald wrote:
District XIV wrote:He was using his main account, not Signs.

Seems legit /sarcasm.

Cautiously supported.

*sigh*

I'll request he comes here and proves it, since y'all don't believe me.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:33 pm

My concerns with the liberation are still valid.
Luna Amore wrote:Some interesting facts according to NSHistory:

- District XIV's first recorded motto was "Take over Panem!!!"
- Before moving to Panem he founded Second Panem, abandoned it, moved to Districts of Panem, abandoned that and then moved to Panem.
- You also left Panem long enough to make a new region The Fascist Confederation and then immediately abandoned it.
- Sometime after Panem, you founded Vidi and immediately abandoned it. Dito for Salus.
- You have two regions, Kratos and Rose (I think you founded this one, correct?), that you founded that are still around, but they each only have one nation in them.

Your regional history suggests that even if you got control of Panem, it would end up just as dead as it is now.

The justification for the the liberation was to boost activity. Nothing has changed since the liberation. The RMB is dead. The website linked in the WFE hasn't been updated in over a year it looks like. The region has no future right now.

There is zero reason, given your past history and what you've done so far, that it won't just end up your own dead trophy region. If you managed to refound it anyhow.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Luna Amore wrote:My concerns with the liberation are still valid.
Luna Amore wrote:Some interesting facts according to NSHistory:

- District XIV's first recorded motto was "Take over Panem!!!"
- Before moving to Panem he founded Second Panem, abandoned it, moved to Districts of Panem, abandoned that and then moved to Panem.
- You also left Panem long enough to make a new region The Fascist Confederation and then immediately abandoned it.
- Sometime after Panem, you founded Vidi and immediately abandoned it. Dito for Salus.
- You have two regions, Kratos and Rose (I think you founded this one, correct?), that you founded that are still around, but they each only have one nation in them.

Your regional history suggests that even if you got control of Panem, it would end up just as dead as it is now.

The justification for the the liberation was to boost activity. Nothing has changed since the liberation. The RMB is dead. The website linked in the WFE hasn't been updated in over a year it looks like. The region has no future right now.

There is zero reason, given your past history and what you've done so far, that it won't just end up your own dead trophy region. If you managed to refound it anyhow.

We're doing more behind the scenes than you'd think.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:43 pm

District XIV wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:My concerns with the liberation are still valid.

We're doing more behind the scenes than you'd think.

Which means there's no outward proof of activity. I'm a little curious where 'behind the scenes' is since the WFE website is very outdated.

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Luna Amore wrote:
District XIV wrote:We're doing more behind the scenes than you'd think.

Which means there's no outward proof of activity. I'm a little curious where 'behind the scenes' is since the WFE website is very outdated.

Private chats and telegrams. Unfortunately, I don't have any logs to post.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Applebania wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:Which means there's no outward proof of activity. I'm a little curious where 'behind the scenes' is since the WFE website is very outdated.

Even still, two weeks and no one updated the site/created a new one? Two weeks and little activity on the RMB (most of it is from 15 days ago right after the liberation was passed)?

You see why from an outsider's perspective this 'Oh no, we are active. Just not anywhere you can see' is bit suspicious?\

*Edit* The fact that you submitted it without any feedback is also strange. It seems like you're trying to quickly shove it through with little discussion.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nordenwald
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordenwald » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Luna Amore wrote:
Applebania wrote:

Even still, two weeks and no one updated the site/created a new one? Two weeks and little activity on the RMB (most of it is from 15 days ago right after the liberation was passed)?

You see why from an outsider's perspective this 'Oh no, we are active. Just not anywhere you can see' is bit suspicious?

What they said ^.

For real District, I'll support this resolution, but you still need to at least show us you're doing something with Panem.
Strong Supporter of Austrian Economics
Proud Agorist Cheerleader
Smithdown and Wavertree wrote:Ron Paul was ordained by God to lead humanity into a golden age of prosperity and space travel and you spat it back in the face of the divine

you could have listened, you had a chance

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Nordenwald wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:Even still, two weeks and no one updated the site/created a new one? Two weeks and little activity on the RMB (most of it is from 15 days ago right after the liberation was passed)?

You see why from an outsider's perspective this 'Oh no, we are active. Just not anywhere you can see' is bit suspicious?

What they said ^.

For real District, I'll support this resolution, but you still need to at least show us you're doing something with Panem.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ykf ... sp=sharing

Constitution^

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:41 pm

District XIV wrote:
Ninja Kittens wrote:
Signs refers to themselves in the third person?

He was using his main account, not Signs.

Uh huh....

I don't see any names or date stamp on that telegram. I can craft up a fake telegram as well. If Signs is concerned about the region, why did he simply not remove the password himself, or give it to you so you could have entered the region, and this whole shit show could have been avoided in the first place?

You have your much coveted author badge. Do you really need another one on another nation?
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:49 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:Uh huh....

I don't see any names or date stamp on that telegram. I can craft up a fake telegram as well.

Ravania Ultra = Signs

Oh, I'll bet I'm gonna need proof that Ravania is Signs, now, won't I? :roll:

*grumbles*
Last edited by District XIV on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Nice that you avoided this part:

If Signs is concerned about the region, why did he simply not remove the password himself, or give it to you so you could have entered the region, and this whole shit show could have been avoided in the first place?

District XIV wrote:

*grumbles*

It could not hurt. It won't help, but it won't hurt either....
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:Nice that you avoided this part:

If Signs is concerned about the region, why did he simply not remove the password himself, or give it to you so you could have entered the region, and this whole shit show could have been avoided in the first place?

"Nice that I avoided it" because I already replied to a similar statement by another user in the Liberate Panem thread.

I have no idea "why he did simply not remove the password himself".

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:09 pm

District XIV wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:Uh huh....

I don't see any names or date stamp on that telegram. I can craft up a fake telegram as well.

Ravania Ultra = Signs

*grumbles*

It'd probably be easier to just get him to post here.

And here's a fake telegram just for giggles:
http://i.imgur.com/TOUhDzE.png

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:09 pm

District XIV wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:Nice that you avoided this part:

"Nice that I avoided it" because I already replied to a similar statement by another user in the Liberate Panem thread.

So let me get this straight? You want the liberation repealed, and Signs back in power? What is to say that he will not simply drop the password back into place, and kick your ass out of the region? Are you going to come crying back to the council, and request the region be liberated yet again?
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Luna Amore wrote:It'd probably be easier to just get him to post here.

I asked him over TG to come.
Chester Pearson wrote:
District XIV wrote:"Nice that I avoided it" because I already replied to a similar statement by another user in the Liberate Panem thread.

So let me get this straight? You want the liberation repealed, and Signs back in power? What is to say that he will not simply drop the password back into place, and kick your ass out of the region? Are you going to come crying back to the council, and request the region be liberated yet again?

*ugh*

When did I ever say I wanted Signs back in power?

Nice job strawmanning there.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:15 pm

District XIV wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:It'd probably be easier to just get him to post here.

I asked him over TG to come.
Chester Pearson wrote:

*ugh*

Velkon wrote:To satisfy y'all, here's a TG Signs sent me:
12 hours ago

Hi

I was wondering when you'd submit the repeal-proposal. But I've noticed you did by now.

So when it comes through Signs will be able to put up a password and then we can work from there to refound.

viewtopic.php?p=21497257#p21497257

Right there....
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
District XIV wrote:I asked him over TG to come.

*ugh*

Right there....

Did any part of that indicate I wanted Signs in power?

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:17 pm

District XIV wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Right there....

Did any part of that indicate I wanted Signs in power?

It is the so called "telegram" that you are using as your only piece of evidence....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
District XIV wrote:Did any part of that indicate I wanted Signs in power?

It is the so called "telegram" that you are using as your only piece of evidence....

Aaaaaaand this is where I give up. Your persistent "hur hur it's not a real telegram" stuff bugs the hell out of me.

Where in said telegram, I will ask again, did I actually state that I personally desire Signs to have the delegacy?

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:25 pm

District XIV wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Aaaaaaand this is where I give up. Your persistent "hur hur it's not a real telegram" stuff bugs the hell out of me.

Where in said telegram, I will ask again, did I actually state that I personally desire Signs to have the delegacy?

Also are you planning on ignoring AD's questions? You do realize if she stacks against this out of the gates it will be DOA?
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:38 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:are you planning on ignoring AD's questions?

"Questions"? Hardly:
Anime Daisuki wrote:I echo what Wrapper said below this post. I would like to see Signs and the other older natives post to verify that they support the refound, knowing full well the risks involved.

-AD

More of a request, one that I cannot personally fulfill.
Last edited by District XIV on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 pm

District XIV wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:are you planning on ignoring AD's questions?

"Questions"? Hardly:
Anime Daisuki wrote:I echo what Wrapper said below this post. I would like to see Signs and the other older natives post to verify that they support the refound, knowing full well the risks involved.

-AD

More of a request, one that I cannot personally fulfill.

I had not realized she had edited her post, but I know you saw her original post....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:I know you saw her original post....

I may have, although I cannot recall what it said.
Last edited by District XIV on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signs
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Signs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:31 am

To set a few things straight:

Why didn't I drop the password:

1. I promised other natives to not do that and I'd like to keep my promises.
2. I never thought the liberation would come through.
3. I didn't have enough influence to set up a new password at that time as I wasted almost all my influence at the first one.

But then the liberation happened and now the situation has changed:

1. I've taken delegacy on the passing of the liberation and kept it till I had enough influence again to set a new password after the liberation was repealed.
2. I've been in contact with most (6) of the oldest natives and the returning ones, none of them is opposed to a refound.
3. The matter on who should refound isn't clear at this point. This is an internal matter and will have to be discussed after the liberation has been repealed.

Am I Ravania:

1. This is a non-issue. This nation is native to Panem and has always acted in the best interest of Panem.
2. Ravania supports the actions of the remaining natives that chose to lock the region to keep it safe a few months ago.

Do we need the repeal:

1. Yes, because our situation has been made unsafe by the liberation
2. Yes, because in order to safely refound we must be able to lock the region for a while.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives