NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Liberate Canada

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Devil Heart
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 07, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[DRAFT] Liberate Canada

Postby Devil Heart » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Aware that Canada was invaded on August 3, 2014 by forces led by The United Imperial Armed Forces, an organization which had not previously indicated any displeasure, let alone hostile intent to the government of Canada, and has provided only transparently trumped-up reasons for their actions,

Noting that the region of Canada is one of the oldest regions on NationStates, and has a long tradition of neutrality with regard to the war between the invaders and defenders,

Affirming that a large and active community of native citizens exists, and are strongly in support of this resolution, including former delegates Cowland5, Almonaster Nuevo and Parkplace,

Conscious that the delegate position has now been handed over to a nation from The Black Hawks, a group previously condemned by this council for their treatment of occupied regions,

Dismayed that - despite public statements to the effect that the region would not be decimated - over a quarter of the original population has now been ejected,

Noting that since password protection has been applied to the region, only Security Council intervention will allow any opportunity for supporters of the original government to enter the region,

Hereby Liberates Canada.

Co-authored by Almonaster Nuevo
Last edited by Devil Heart on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sanguinius the Angel
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanguinius the Angel » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Do edit this if you have the time to fix the links and shortcuts.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Add something about Jakker and the two sleepers.
Just some weeb.

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:34 pm

If you put in a clever pun alluding to Billy Joel you have my vote o/
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:40 pm

The Black Hawks. Not the riders.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Devil Heart
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 07, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Devil Heart » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Thanks Applebania, ammended.

I cannot see yet how to fix those link codes.
Thank you for any advice folks can offer

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Support wholeheartedly!

Warmest regards,

Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:03 pm

Tano wrote:If you put in a clever pun alluding to Billy Joel you have my vote o/

Joelly Roger off the port bow?
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:08 pm

So what's the point? If you pass this then anyone who enters will be banjected. You know Jakker isn't going to try and refound, so why bother?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:So what's the point? If you pass this then anyone who enters will be banjected. You know Jakker isn't going to try and refound, so why bother?

The point is... is... is... well. I can't see one.
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

Futistan
Civilian

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Futistan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:13 pm

To give a chance to defenders to fail at liberating, I suppose.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Description: The Security Council,
Don't put "Description" in the proposal text when you submit this, as it's supplied automatically.

Aware that Canada was invaded on August 3, 2014 by forces led by The United Imperial Armed Forces, an organization which had not previously indicated any displeasure, let alone hostile intent to the government of Canada, and has provided only transparently trumped-up reasons for their actions,
Alright, include the major contributors to the invasion--it will help bolster your argument.

Noting that the region of Canada is one of the oldest regions on NationStates, and has a long tradition of neutrality with regard to the war between the invaders and defenders,

Affirming that a large and active community of native citizens exists, and are strongly in support of this resolution, including former delegates [nation=short]Cowland5[/nation], [nation=short]Almonaster_Nuevo[/nation] and [nation=short]Parkplace[/nation],
Good clauses.

Conscious that the delegate position has now been handed over to a nation from The Black Hawks, a group previously condemned by this council for their treatment of occupied regions,
Include who the lead is: Jakker--someone who has already been condemned.

Dismayed that - despite public statements to the effect that the region would not be decimated - over a quarter of the original population has now been ejected,

Noting that since password protection has been applied to the region, only Security Council intervention will allow any opportunity for supporters of the original government to enter the region,

Hereby Liberates Canada.

Co-authored by [nation=short]Almonaster_Nuevo[/nation]
Good clauses. Add something about the sleepers who initiated the invasion.
Just some weeb.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:14 pm

That Billy Joel has been a mean one. I would support this fully if only the resolution didn't have mistakes. You gotta update the resolution as well as the OP silly :P <3
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:So what's the point? If you pass this then anyone who enters will be banjected. You know Jakker isn't going to try and refound, so why bother?

Then why did a password go up?

If it passes everything goes back to status quo. As far as I am concerned this is an actually legitimate use of the liberation function, unlike the last few that have been tried....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Osiris is opposed. The resolution is carelessly formatted, the resolution is factually incorrect, and we continue to support our allies in the United Imperial Armed Forces and our friends The Black Hawks.

If this resolution actually passes as currently written it will make even more of a mockery of the Security Council than did Liberate Christmas, and that's difficult to do.

Ananke II
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ananke II » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:26 pm

How do they know that though? So far people in Canada have been pretty good sports about the whole thing. Now there's a password in place though and Jakker is having fun banning active natives. What guarantee does Canada have that Jakker is not planning to refound the place?

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:unlike the last few that have been tried....

:roll:

Anyway...

Damn, you beat me to it. I was waiting for Canada's unseated delegate to give me the 'go ahead' :p

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:31 pm

Ananke II wrote:

How do they know that though? So far people in Canada have been pretty good sports about the whole thing. Now there's a password in place though and Jakker is having fun banning active natives. What guarantee does Canada have that Jakker is not planning to refound the place?

Good point, Ananke. That Jakker guy is unpredictable. Who knows what he's thinking?
One Stop Rules Shop

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote: You know Jakker isn't going to try and refound, so why bother?

No, we don't know that. He's been lying to us for months, why on Earth should we take him seriously now?
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:34 pm

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote: You know Jakker isn't going to try and refound, so why bother?

No, we don't know that. He's been lying to us for months over a year, why on Earth should we take him seriously now?

I fixed that for you, Al :)
One Stop Rules Shop

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Jakker wrote:
Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
No, we don't know that. He's been lying to us for months over a year, why on Earth should we take him seriously now?

Nope - you joined at the end of September last year. Can't even keep your own lies straight.

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:41 pm

http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vie ... 1407804595

'Cause, you know, fuck letting people criticize your resolution when you can just submit right away! :roll:

Liberate Canada wrote:Liberate Canada

A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

Category: Liberation | Nominee: Canada | Proposed by: Devil Heart

Description:

Unneeded^, the game fills that stuff out automatically at the top.
Last edited by District XIV on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
Jakker wrote:

Nope - you joined at the end of September last year. Can't even keep your own lies straight.

How interesting. I could have sworn it was earlier than that. This reminds me of many George moments from Seinfeld.

This specifically, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6MJwZ-O9o
This works well also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ
One Stop Rules Shop

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:55 pm

District XIV wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=devil_heart_1407804595

'Cause, you know, fuck letting people criticize your resolution when you can just submit right away! :roll:

Liberate Canada wrote:Liberate Canada

A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

Category: Liberation | Nominee: Canada | Proposed by: Devil Heart

Description:

Yup - you spotted it - we're new to this. :lol:

We've asked for the proposal we accidentally submitted to be withdrawn so we can indeed have people criticize our resolution. That's why it was posted here.

District XIV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
District XIV wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=devil_heart_1407804595

Yup - you spotted it - we're new to this. :lol:

We've asked for the proposal we accidentally submitted to be withdrawn so we can indeed have people criticize our resolution. That's why it was posted here.

That's good. :)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council