NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] Liberate Haven

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Replicated Malgraveans
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Replicated Malgraveans » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Something that sets a precedent to remove the passwords of roleplaying regions across nationstates and force them into the R/D dynamic without consent? What a complete and utter load of tripe and an extremely worrying one. Opposed.

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:You mean like besides the embassy which was given during the coup in exchange for support?

I'm seeing a lot of words and claims about Haven's involvement but no legitimate proof. Try again.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Minnysota wrote:Plus lets not forget you've still provided no proof that Haven was even remotely involved. And again, even if one or two Havenites were involved, that doesn't justify stripping them of their region. And can we stop calling this "Liberate Haven"? It's pretty clear that this is a Raid, not a Liberation.

You mean like besides the embassy which was given during the coup in exchange for support?
Delmonte wrote:Mallorea, I am in Anarchy right now endorsing a Raider delegate as part of an agreement with several raiding groups. Granted, I won't be there much longer, but that's where I've been for the past couple months. So doesn't that mean that the RP community supports the Raiders? By your Aristotelian quality logic.
The members of the Concordat who signed on to support raiders do. But TSP wasn't a raid, it was a coup, a coup backed by around two hundred RP'ers, including some from Haven and Haven's express approval.

Everyone in the Concordat is an RPer. I made the Concordant and I am RPer. The logic is exactly the same.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Roania wrote:
Nierr wrote:A large or small number of as yet unnamed Havenites who may or may not exist on this site anymore and may or may not have been organised on IRCs and sites that have nothing to do with nationstates.

Like the mainly Haven-descended SMS site.

I have no idea who any of these people are, but then, I may be out of the circle of RP these days.

There was a thing years ago that ended up with 4 of them deleted. From there they just wound down and created this SMS forum.

I thought that was the end of it but noooooooope.

New Azura
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Wait, wait, whoa, whoa... whoa... whoa.... whoooooa...

Haven still exists? When did this happen?
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

FRIEND OF KRAVEN (2005-2023)KRAVEN PREVAILS!18 YEARS OF STORIES DELETED

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS
CAPITAL:RAEVENNADEMONYM:AZURGOVERNMENT:SYNDICAL REPUBLICLANGUAGE:AZURI

Her Graceful Excellence the Phaedra
CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura
and the Defender of the Children of Azura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Other Supported Regions —
Esvanovia (P/MT), Teremara (P/MT), The Local Cluster (FT)

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
Maltropia wrote:It'd be an audience to a totally different game. It's more like tackling the runners on the track around the pitch.

We're all playing NationStates. Regional warfare exists and all of your nations exist in regions. These metaphors are ridiculous.

Not really. You see R/D as the central game of Nationstates.

We don't see it that way, because quite frankly, it fucking isn't. It's an unintended consequence of game mechanics, just as RP is an unintended consequence of having a nation-simulation game with fucking forums.

We're not playing R/D any more than you're posting IC in the thread I'm RPing in right now. It's just that raiders like to try to force others into their part of the game and have ways of doing that, whereas we RPers don't.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Maltropia wrote:Oh, Mall, I know Paradoxia's not high on your list of regions to demolish, but I have to confess that former WAD United States of Peace (who has since CTE'd) did participate in the post-TSP coup endorsement of Milograd. Just so you have material when you get around to my region.

I mean that's good to know for future reference I guess. Not sure what it has to do with my proposal.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Kraciva
Envoy

Founded: Mar 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kraciva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Wait what...what...yeah I don't think you'd find any support outside of those raiding regions...

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Nierr wrote:
The Batorys wrote:Lots of RPers hate milograd and blame him for getting raiders involved with RP regions.

That hate is completely misplaced, and totally ignores the fact that raiders were targeting RP regions before Milograd was even a thing.

Hell, Haven was targeted for a liberation by raiders before Milograd the nation even existed. Haven was raided and griefed before Milograd's coup.

Anyone who blames Milograd for getting involved with RP regions is ignorant of history.

They blame him for more raider involvement with RPers.

It isn't the only reason they hate him. But that's not the point.
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Vetok
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vetok » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, we are done here. Mallorea got what he wanted, which was the involvement of RP'ers in the WA forum. That's all he wanted. Let's just go home, because nothing he does will ever matter one flying fuck to any of us.

Roania
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Roania » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Well, shoot. For whatever reason I can't post with my new WA puppet. That takes the fun out of this, so... yeah. Umhm. Anyway, you know what? That's cool. Mall has sufficiently explained his grounds for this, and I believe him if he says this is a one-off thing. I still oppose it, but I'm glad to see that there's some consideration going on here.
Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years! Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years to the Lord of Ten Thousand Years!

The Dragon Throne has stood for Ten Thousand Years! For Ten Thousand Years, the Dragon Throne Stands! The Dragon Throne has stood, is standing, and shall stand for Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand Years, Ten Thousand of Ten Thousand Years!

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Maltropia wrote:Oh, Mall, I know Paradoxia's not high on your list of regions to demolish, but I have to confess that former WAD United States of Peace (who has since CTE'd) did participate in the post-TSP coup endorsement of Milograd. Just so you have material when you get around to my region.

I mean that's good to know for future reference I guess. Not sure what it has to do with my proposal.

It has to do with the fact that you're targeting RPing regular based on isolated incidents of indirect participation, and Password protected ones at that.

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:The members of the Concordat who signed on to support raiders do. But TSP wasn't a raid, it was a coup, a coup backed by around two hundred RP'ers, including some from Haven and Haven's express approval.

You are completely ignoring the other major faction there: the leftists. Embassies (which is by your own logic how we define support and being 'in on it') with The Internationale, Antifa and the Red Fleet say it all.

And I'd wager they contributed a damn site more WAs than RPers.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Katalonua wrote:
Ambroscus Koth wrote:It's a shame you've all been lied to over the years, being told you don't have to participate in gameplay, because it's functionally inaccurate. Can't help that, Maltropia.

I understand I don't have to target your group of players, Miehm. That's what makes it fun. I don't enjoy being told not to eat the forbidden fruit.

Actually, you really don't. I have this nation, Oroloo, in a dead region that got invaded. I was perfectly fine, still able to RP and such as with no consequence. So, yeah, you /can/ ignore gameplay. The problem is that regions make it easier to coordinate RPs. Thus, we try to keep them as separate from R/N/D as much as we can.

I'll admit that you have a good point though, we are not separate from gameplay, hell, it's why passwords and founders exist in our regions. However, is it too much to ask raiders to leave RPers alone? Is taking over an RP region, a solely RP region, really worth that much to you?

I never said you don't have the option to ignore Gameplay. I only said that it's inaccurate that you are not participating.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Vetok wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, we are done here. Mallorea got what he wanted, which was the involvement of RP'ers in the WA forum. That's all he wanted. Let's just go home, because nothing he does will ever matter one flying fuck to any of us.

... What? This is about Liberating Haven. Feel free to depart though, if you do not wish to debate the issue.
Rephesus wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I mean that's good to know for future reference I guess. Not sure what it has to do with my proposal.

It has to do with the fact that you're targeting RPing regular based on isolated incidents of indirect participation, and Password protected ones at that.
Again not entirely correct.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Voltrovia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltrovia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:18 pm

While I am an RPer I have one or two things to say:

Most RPers don't hate Gameplay. Most RPers aren't involved in Gameplay. Most RPers don't really care that much at all about Gameplay (much as most Gameplayers don't care about RP). And that's perfectly fine.

But if you try to force them to get involved in Gameplay by liberating and raiding an RP region (on what still seems like an incoherent basis) they will respond extremely negatively and with genuine anger and outrage. Ergo - the responses in this thread.

It isn't that the RP community (of Haven in particular) are working against raiders (or defenders for that matter), it's more that the vast majority simply wish to be left alone, regardless of the justifications for or arguments against this liberation proposal.
Last edited by Voltrovia on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If we burn the defence papers, maybe the journalists will go away. On a private estate in the middle of the night.
In 1988. Without quite letting the residents know. Only Voltrovian protagonist kids remember.

When Sparrows Shout (And The World Goes To War)
An idea (RP; very much unfinished)

Novar Ohan
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novar Ohan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:18 pm

I'd like to thank Mallorea and Riva for making this possible. Anyway, I oppose this resolution, blah blah blah, regional sovereignty concerns, etc.
Tsar Sebastien Alexeivich Chyornyev

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Vetok wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, we are done here. Mallorea got what he wanted, which was the involvement of RP'ers in the WA forum. That's all he wanted. Let's just go home, because nothing he does will ever matter one flying fuck to any of us.

... What? This is about Liberating Haven. Feel free to depart though, if you do not wish to debate the issue.
Rephesus wrote:It has to do with the fact that you're targeting RPing regular based on isolated incidents of indirect participation, and Password protected ones at that.

So it's partially correct. Nice to see a moderator deflecting arguments instead of addressing them.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Roania wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote: You know that I know various RP'ers in here were in there right? So hearing certain people claim that they hate Milo and never get involved is really fascinating.
People don't get to flame their way out of aspects of the game.
What's your point? It CTE after the coup... it participated in the coup... longtime resident of haven... Just like I said.

I've never heard of Milograd, and I've been playing this game a lot longer than you. Had someone come up to me and told me to get involved in R&D because he wanted to launch some imaginary coup in a feeder region, I'd tell him to fuck off and call down the fires of hell upon his cause. I'd probably warn everyone about it just to rub salt in his wounds.

I'm involved in this solely because I loathe R&D, and its players. And I have to admit it's not much of a reason, but it's better than the reason you've proposed for starting this.

Yep, this.

The RP community is not monolithic. It is huge, and not everyone knows everyone or has even heard of everyone. Like I've never heard of you before this thread, despite you being around here even longer than me.

But it's a safe bet that the vast majority want to be able to opt-out of R/D if we don't want to participate in that.

Oseato
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oseato » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:20 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Minnysota wrote:Plus lets not forget you've still provided no proof that Haven was even remotely involved. And again, even if one or two Havenites were involved, that doesn't justify stripping them of their region. And can we stop calling this "Liberate Haven"? It's pretty clear that this is a Raid, not a Liberation.

You mean like besides the embassy which was given during the coup in exchange for support?
Delmonte wrote:Mallorea, I am in Anarchy right now endorsing a Raider delegate as part of an agreement with several raiding groups. Granted, I won't be there much longer, but that's where I've been for the past couple months. So doesn't that mean that the RP community supports the Raiders? By your Aristotelian quality logic.
The members of the Concordat who signed on to support raiders do. But TSP wasn't a raid, it was a coup, a coup backed by around two hundred RP'ers, including some from Haven and Haven's express approval.

Can you provide me with evidence, either on the Haven forums, RMB, whatever, of this "expressed approval" you claim?
République morivaine
La Resistance

"If world opinion is too feeble or egoistical to do justice to a martyred people, and if our voices also are too weak, I hope that Hungary’s resistance will endure until the counter-revolutionary State collapses everywhere in the East under the weight of its lies and contradictions."

Albert Camus, The Blood of The Hungarians, 1957

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:20 pm

Vetok wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote: You know that I know various RP'ers in here were in there right? So hearing certain people claim that they hate Milo and never get involved is really fascinating.

Hey, here's a thought...name them. Go on. I'm up all night doing other stuff so I've got all the time in the world.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:What's your point? It CTE after the coup... it participated in the coup... longtime resident of haven... Just like I said.

One name. One. One name to justify fucking over an entire region? Pathetic.

I know, right?

We don't always see eye to eye, but I think we can agree that this is fucking bullshit.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:20 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:

Rephesus wrote:It has to do with the fact that you're targeting RPing regular based on isolated incidents of indirect participation, and Password protected ones at that.

This is about you trolling roleplayers for kicks. Stahp. Srsly.

Don't reward the trolls.

Vetok
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009

Postby Vetok » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:

Ironic given that you've not posted a shred of evidence and the one name you gave was someone who CTE'd in December 2013 and only refounded after you posted this proposal.

Admit it! It's total horsecrap! You have no evidence for this whatsoever, and are grasping at imaginary straws.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:It's a shame you've all been lied to over the years, being told you don't have to participate in gameplay, because it's functionally inaccurate. Can't help that, Maltropia.

I understand I don't have to target your group of players, Miehm. That's what makes it fun. I don't enjoy being told not to eat the forbidden fruit.

Again with the rhetoric that sounds eerily like something a rapist would say.

Syndication
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Syndication » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Mini Miehm wrote:
You're damn skippy I'm angry. The delegates of the GCRs, whatever the hell those are, because I have no idea, can be assured that if they stop fucking with us, I will have absolutely zerofucks to give about raiding and gameplay in general.

Game Created Regions. The Pacific, The North Pacific, The East Pacific, The South Pacific, The West Pacific, The Rejected Realms, Lazarus, Osiris and Balder. So Delegates of said regions.

Mini Miehm wrote:When we have mods specifically targeting us for harassment, I will not only get angry, but I will advocate for the destruction of the entire gameplay segment of this site, if that's what it takes for people to just leave us alone.

That's not very nice. We love our mods. <3

Mini Miehm wrote:The quickest way to keep roleplayers from advocatng against the portion of the game that others enjoy is to quit trying to drag us forcefully into it. We don't want to be involved, so quit trying to involve us.

Can't we all just get along?

Mini Miehm wrote:Don't be shocked when we get extremely pissed off about it. Just as pissed off as the GCRs are liable to get when we advocate getting rid of R/D.

Why would you want to do that? That makes NS fun for those who take part.

"Let's get together and feel all right..."
Hello there. I'm a puppet nation. :)
This is how you own a topic that sucks.
46 Times Captain Janeway Was Outta Control Sassy
What do you need?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council