NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Unibot III

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 am

Mahaj wrote:
Eist wrote:Yea, no. There is a reason that we are talking about Unibot III.

I've had 1003 nations deleted.

Do I get a condemnation?

"Noting with horror that Mahaj, hereafter referred to as "Destroyer of Worlds", is responsible for the complete annihilation of 1003 nations,"
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:07 am

Frattastan II wrote:
Mahaj wrote:I've had 1003 nations deleted.

Do I get a condemnation?

"Noting with horror that Mahaj, hereafter referred to as "Destroyer of Worlds", is responsible for the complete annihilation of 1003 nations,"

If this act is never fully written, it'll be a crying shame. :rofl:
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

Iconoclastic Carbon
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Iconoclastic Carbon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:18 pm

not surprised to see a DSA member (UFC) embrace the UDL...

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Iconoclastic Carbon wrote:not surprised to see a DSA member (UFC) embrace the UDL...

Really?? You're actually going to go there?

I would have expected a little better from you.... But hey this is Antifa were talking about here, so I guess it is all out on the table, now isn't it?

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:06 pm

United Federation of Canada wrote:
Iconoclastic Carbon wrote:not surprised to see a DSA member (UFC) embrace the UDL...

I would have expected a little better from you.... But hey this is Antifa were talking about here, so I guess it is all out on the table, now isn't it?

"I would have expected a little better from you...Here's me sinking to exactly the same level." :palm:
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Eist wrote:

"I would have expected a little better from you...Here's me sinking to exactly the same level." :palm:

I'm only over here in this hellhole, due to the fact a few issues have come up that I have a vested interest in, and I don't particularly like personal attacks.

If The Internationale, and Antifa for that matter has a problem with me, they can take it up WITH ME. enough with the two-bit sideshow political attacks.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Eist wrote:

I'm only over here in this hellhole, due to the fact a few issues have come up that I have a vested interest in, and I don't particularly like personal attacks.

If The Internationale, and Antifa for that matter has a problem with me, they can take it up WITH ME. enough with the two-bit sideshow political attacks.

Relevance to the proposal...how?
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:43 pm

SkyDip wrote:

Relevance to the proposal...how?

You seriously did not believe that Antifa would not be all over this did you.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 am

I don't care, it goes back to discussing the proposal now.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Levivania wrote:Description: The Security Council
Recognizing: The Nation Unibot III, The Founder of The United Defenders League
Noting: Unibot has been a key member of the UDL and has helped make it into a world renowned organization.
Praising: Unibot's dedication has saved and protected countless regions from hostile invaders
Further Noting: In honor of Unibot's recent retirement from the UDL, he should be commended for his life's work
Hoping: That the commendation of Unibot III will ensure that history will not forget him:
Hereby commends: Unibot III

Ok, being serious here because this can be an help for future proposals, DON'T WRITE THEM LIKE GROCERIES LISTS. Remove some of that punctuation and be more specific on the events you want to commend, you have to think " Mr. X doesn't know Unibot, read this, will he be convinced to vote yes? ".

Right now, he will vote yes only if he skips without reading, and sadly there is a 20% population in WA that is still doing so, but that's usually irrelevant.

Oh, and one last parenthesis on the case, I always think if you want to do this, you should first repeal Unibot II commendation. You know, it's called updating, and common sense suggest arguments valid for Unibot II should be valid for Unibot III, otherwise he may not deserve it. Common sense, again.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:49 pm

I'll say this one thing; at least he is not a dead parrot.
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:15 pm

To be fair, Uni would normally have had a lot of support from me. I tend to be chaotic neutral in this place. I'm neither commendable nor condemnable and friends with anyone and everyone. I'm the motherfucking vanilla pudding of the World Assembly.

That said, as Uni has been quick to pull out other delegations skeletons out of closets, and far more deserving ones, I'd caution the author that they may not know what can of worms they could be opening for themselves here if they proceed with this. Uni's done great things for the WA, terrible things, but great none the less. He's like the impressive Lord Voldemort of this universe.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:19 pm

Abacathea wrote:To be fair, Uni would normally have had a lot of support from me. I tend to be chaotic neutral in this place. I'm neither commendable nor condemnable and friends with anyone and everyone. I'm the motherfucking vanilla pudding of the World Assembly.

That said, as Uni has been quick to pull out other delegations skeletons out of closets, and far more deserving ones, I'd caution the author that they may not know what can of worms they could be opening for themselves here if they proceed with this. Uni's done great things for the WA, terrible things, but great none the less. He's like the impressive Lord Voldemort of this universe.

You sound very delicious though. I'd take vanilla pudding over Voldemort any day of the week.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Tano II
Civil Servant

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano II » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Retired WerePenguins wrote:I'll say this one thing; at least he is not a dead parrot.

And that had anything to do with this discussion...how? :eyebrow:

Oh right. It didn't. :roll:

But yeah, this isn't written very well. And I was under the impression that Uni was already commended...?

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Solorni wrote:
Abacathea wrote:To be fair, Uni would normally have had a lot of support from me. I tend to be chaotic neutral in this place. I'm neither commendable nor condemnable and friends with anyone and everyone. I'm the motherfucking vanilla pudding of the World Assembly.

You sound very delicious though. I'd take vanilla pudding over Voldemort any day of the week.

I'm definitely sigging that quote. I doubt this delegacy will ever be described so tastefully again!
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Tano II wrote:
Retired WerePenguins wrote:I'll say this one thing; at least he is not a dead parrot.

And that had anything to do with this discussion...how? :eyebrow:

But yeah, this isn't written very well. And I was under the impression that Uni was already commended...?

Unibot II (R.I.P.) was.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Tano II wrote:And that had anything to do with this discussion...how? :eyebrow:

Unibot has come back to the land of the active players. Some may wish that this had not been the case, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

Now there is the question of whether we have to go through this process every time the Doctor Unibot regenerates creates a new nation. If the purpose is the shiny symbol, I suppose one might argue for that. If it is just the text itself, Unibot II has already got the praises for all the NS world to see.
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

Tano II
Civil Servant

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano II » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Retired WerePenguins wrote:

Unibot has come back to the land of the active players. Some may wish that this had not been the case, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

Now there is the question of whether we have to go through this process every time the Doctor Unibot regenerates creates a new nation. If the purpose is the shiny symbol, I suppose one might argue for that. If it is just the text itself, Unibot II has already got the praises for all the NS world to see.

But you linked to a "joke" you made, which seems like going "look at my joke that has nothing to do with this conversation lolololol". You could have easily shown us your thoughts on the topic without having to self promote one of your "clever" posts.
SkyDip wrote:

Unibot II (R.I.P.) was.

Much obliged :)

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Tano II wrote:But you linked to a "joke" you made

I was linking to my comment on a Commend on a player recently revived for the sole purpose of getting a commendation. Unibot came back from the abyss, but at least he has been active of late.
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:53 am

Retired WerePenguins wrote:
Tano II wrote:But you linked to a "joke" you made

I was linking to my comment on a Commend on a player recently revived for the sole purpose of getting a commendation. Unibot came back from the abyss, but at least he has been active of late.

So you are one of the conspiracy theorists that think FS was revived purely to commend him? Classy.

But I'm getting off topic. I'll stop now.
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:55 am

Tano wrote:
Retired WerePenguins wrote:I was linking to my comment on a Commend on a player recently revived for the sole purpose of getting a commendation. Unibot came back from the abyss, but at least he has been active of late.

So you are one of the conspiracy theorists that think FS was revived purely to commend him? Classy.

But I'm getting off topic. I'll stop now.

I'm not too far off that boat. Seems perfectly plausible to me. /threadjack

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council