NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Unibot III

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Levivania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Commend Unibot III

Postby Levivania » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Description: The Security Council
Recognizing: The Nation Unibot III, The Founder of The United Defenders League
Noting: Unibot has been a key member of the UDL and has helped make it into a world renowned organization.
Praising: Unibot's dedication has saved and protected countless regions from hostile invaders
Further Noting: In honor of Unibot's recent retirement from the UDL, he should be commended for his life's work
Hoping: That the commendation of Unibot III will ensure that history will not forget him:
Hereby commends: Unibot III
Last edited by Levivania on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd place: Silver Racket Tennis Tournament I, Banco del Prado - Tueres Tenis de Sangti
Semi Finals: Nation States Golf Championship 2013, Silver Racke Tennis Tournament II
quarterfinals: International Baseball Slam, International Baseball slam III, Twenty 20 World Championships 4, Market Cup VII
Hosted: Silver Racket I and II,
Other: 5-5 in NSCF 9 Made it the howling city Bowl

Independent leaning Libertarian

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:10 pm

He has already been commended for the achievements you mention (on the now-defunct nation Unibot II).
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Levivania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Levivania » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:11 pm

well, then why don't we update it
2nd place: Silver Racket Tennis Tournament I, Banco del Prado - Tueres Tenis de Sangti
Semi Finals: Nation States Golf Championship 2013, Silver Racke Tennis Tournament II
quarterfinals: International Baseball Slam, International Baseball slam III, Twenty 20 World Championships 4, Market Cup VII

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:17 pm

What do you mean, "update it"?

Levivania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Levivania » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:17 pm

since uinbot II no longer exists we should give it to unibot III

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Levivania wrote:since uinbot II no longer exists we should give it to unibot III

As you mention in your proposal, the purpose of a Commendation is to ensure that players will not be forgotten - even after they left the game (and thus, presumably, their nations have ceased to exist). In the long run, having a Commendation on Unibot III will make little difference, since that nation may CTE too.
The commendation of Unibot II is still effective and recorded in the WA books, and that's what matters.

I'm fairly sure this would be pointless (and, I suppose, in violation of SC rules regarding duplication).

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Levivania wrote:since uinbot II no longer exists we should give it to unibot III

That would require repealing the initial act first. Secondly while I have a lot of time personally for Uni I find myself thinking that Uni in his current form hasn't done anything as of late to warrant this. Don't get me wrong Uni's done great work but I'm just not sure I could support this. Perhaps pick a different target?
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Asimostan
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Asimostan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:34 pm

In all due respect, I think unobot III is a great nation/moderator, and contributes a lot to this game, but his commendment would take a lot of work Levi,
I think he deserves a commendment, but I don't know how to put my thanks to him in words

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Asimostan wrote:In all due respect, I think unobot III is a great nation/moderator, and contributes a lot to this game, but his commendment would take a lot of work Levi,
I think he deserves a commendment, but I don't know how to put my thanks to him in words

Uni's a mod? When did that happen??
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Abacathea wrote:
Asimostan wrote:In all due respect, I think unobot III is a great nation/moderator, and contributes a lot to this game, but his commendment would take a lot of work Levi,

Uni's a mod? When did that happen??

He's not, unless the ambassadors speaks about a different forum. Either way, I'm against this, as Uni has been commended on his deleted-for-spamming nation for most of this already, and duplication is illegal, as the ambassador from Abacathea pointed out, without repealing the original.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Asimostan
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Asimostan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:33 pm

It was to my understanding that he was, that's my bad, but he does great things on this site,

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Asimostan wrote:It was to my understanding that he was, that's my bad, but he does great things on this site,

Debatable at best.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Henri Matisse
Secretary

Founded: Sep 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Henri Matisse » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:54 pm

SkyDip wrote:Debatable at best.

As is your existence, for what is vacuous is vacant, and therefore a species of the nonexistent.

I would cast you indeed, as the fanciful shadow of a dark personage. A figment of a persistent dream, shared collectively by all of us - a subconscious, repugnant jealously of crippling insecurity, forever dealing in limp insults and petty non-persuasions, stroking itself silly in a delusional shroud of self-worth clouded only by a putrid miasma of guilt and shame.

Your words are a worthless commentary, a brutish lie compelled by the denial of this Objective Truth - you sir, are a dung pile to that which is Unibot, a nation challenged in stature only by a Spanish nemesis, forever lost to a time alien to our present condition.

Unibot moved mountains, and is the face of his era - an accolade not achieved by futile whisperings and pedantic insults, but as Sisyphus, through hard, titanic, and continuous labor, ceaselessly driven by an unyielding loyalty to his own personal truth, while surrounded by traitors and weak minded fools all the way.

And so, jealous shadow, I advise you this:

Unless you want a lick, off you go, Unibot's d*ck.

;)

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Do I want to reply to the flaming puppet nation before a mod gets here or...?

Unibot knows I have nothing but cuddles for him in the end. Doesn't change the fact this proposal is attempting to cover ground already trodden.
Last edited by SkyDip on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Henri Matisse wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Debatable at best.

As is your existence, for what is vacuous is vacant, and therefore a species of the nonexistent.

I would cast you indeed, as the fanciful shadow of a dark personage. A figment of a persistent dream, shared collectively by all of us - a subconscious, repugnant jealously of crippling insecurity, forever dealing in limp insults and petty non-persuasions, stroking itself silly in a delusional shroud of self-worth clouded only by a putrid miasma of guilt and shame.

Your words are a worthless commentary, a brutish lie compelled by the denial of this Objective Truth - you sir, are a dung pile to that which is Unibot, a nation challenged in stature only by a Spanish nemesis, forever lost to a time alien to our present condition.

Unibot moved mountains, and is the face of his era - an accolade not achieved by futile whisperings and pedantic insults, but as Sisyphus, through hard, titanic, and continuous labor, ceaselessly driven by an unyielding loyalty to his own personal truth, while surrounded by traitors and weak minded fools all the way.

And so, jealous shadow, I advise you this:

Unless you want a lick, off you go, Unibot's d*ck.

;)

I'm sure you thought this was cute, amusing, witty perhaps. It wasn't. *** Warned *** for the trolling/baiting. Can it, Henri.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:'m sure you thought this was cute, amusing, witty perhaps. It wasn't. *** Warned *** for the trolling/baiting. Can it, Henri.

Unsurprising but regrettable. Wonder what I did to poison that well?

Anywho...

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:57 pm

Yea, no. There is a reason that we are talking about Unibot III.
Last edited by Eist on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:I'm sure you thought this was cute, amusing, witty perhaps. It wasn't. *** Warned *** for the trolling/baiting. Can it, Henri.

And here we have a dead proposal.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:58 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:'m sure you thought this was cute, amusing, witty perhaps. It wasn't. *** Warned *** for the trolling/baiting. Can it, Henri.

Unsurprising but regrettable. Wonder what I did to poison that well?

Anywho...

Probably any number of things.....

Does it really matter though? You are an accomplished author, and this is a puppet trying to troll the council. While I have nothing but respect and adoration for my mentor Unibot, this is pointless, and not well thought out.

Do some research... Give us new material, and I would more than likely support a commendation for Uni III. Until then let him live in peace, without shining a huge unwanted spotlight on him.

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:27 am

Eist wrote:Yea, no. There is a reason that we are talking about Unibot III.

Uni isn't creative when it comes to naming nations?

Seriously if you're implying that someone doesnt deserve recognition from this council because they've had a few nations deleted then we've got a whole raft of repeals to get to drafting.
Where is Someone Special?
<@Unibot> I don't care about defender unity.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:29 am

Levivania wrote:Description: The Security Council
Recognizing: The Nation Unibot III, The Founder of The United Defenders League
Noting: Unibot has been a key member of the UDL and has helped make it into a world renowned organization.
Praising: Unibot's dedication has saved and protected countless regions from hostile invaders
Further Noting: In honor of Unibot's recent retirement from the UDL, he should be commended for his life's work
Hoping: That the commendation of Unibot III will ensure that history will not forget him:
Hereby commends: Unibot III

I spy some rule 4 violations

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 am

Mad Jack wrote:

Uni isn't creative when it comes to naming nations?

Seriously if you're implying that someone doesnt deserve recognition from this council because they've had a few nations deleted then we've got a whole raft of repeals to get to drafting.

Sure. We can start with Unibot II ;)
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:16 am

Eist wrote:
Mad Jack wrote:Uni isn't creative when it comes to naming nations?

Heh.
Where is Someone Special?
<@Unibot> I don't care about defender unity.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:23 am

Eist wrote:
Mad Jack wrote:Uni isn't creative when it comes to naming nations?

Nah.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:23 am

I've had 1003 nations deleted.

Do I get a condemnation?
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council