NATION

PASSWORD

[WITHDRAWN] Commend Auralia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Noob Colony
Envoy

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

[WITHDRAWN] Commend Auralia

Postby Noob Colony » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Category: Commend
Nominee: Auralia

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING Auralia's establishment of several resolutions in the General Assembly that helps to influence free trade and the economy in member nations positively, including:

- GAR #208 Resolving WA Trade Disputes, a resolution which helps to reduce trade conflicts and its consequences and effects between trading member nations,

- GAR #209 World Assembly Trade Rights, a resolution that establishs the rights of trading in member nations,

- GAR #221 On Multilateral Trade Talks, a resolution whose purpose is to develop multilateral trade talks and promote trade negotiations,

- GAR #226 WA Development Foundation, a resolution that creates the WA Development Foundation to promote socioeconomic development by international trade and investment in foreign nations,

FURTHER RECOGNIZING Auralia's creation of GAR #196 Freedom of Information Act, co-authored by Quadrimmina, in which mandates the right to release official government documents upon civil request with little or no cost and restrictions,

BELIEVING that many nations have received multiple benefits from the resolutions, in the economy and in civil rights, and the efforts from Auralia will continue to positively impact the future of all member nations, especially in free trade and the economy,

HEREBY commends Auralia

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING Auralia's establishment of several resolutions in the General Assembly that helps to influence free trade and the economy in member nations positively, including:

- GAR #208 Resolving WA Trade Disputes, a resolution which helps to reduce trade conflicts and its consequences and effects between trading member nations,

- GAR #209 World Assembly Trade Rights, a resolution that establishs the rights of trading in member nations,

- GAR #221 On Multilateral Trade Talks, a resolution whose purpose is to develop multilateral trade talks and promote trade negotiations,

- GAR #226 WA Development Foundation, a resolution that creates the WA Development Foundation to promote socioeconomic development by international trade and investment in foreign nations,

FURTHER RECOGNIZING Auralia's creation of GAR #196 Freedom of Information Act, co-authored by Quadrimmina, in which the right to release official government documents upon civil request with little or no cost and restrictions is mandated,

BELIEVING that many nations have received multiple benefits in trading and the economy and in civil rights from the resolutions, and the efforts from Auralia will continue to positively impact the future of all member nations, especially in free trade and the economy,

HEREBY commends Auralia
Last edited by Noob Colony on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Paternal Leader: Master Noob
Want to know how to destroy my units? Read my military factbook.
[X]Defcon 1 - Noobs Fortified
[]Defcon 2 - War Engaged
[]Defcon 3 - In Standby
[]Defcon 4 - Aware
[]Defcon 5 - Peace
Likes: Civil/Political Rights, High Security, Canada, Sweden, Minecraft, DEFCON game, Saoirse Ronan
Neutral: Militarism, Capitalism, Communism, America, Britain, China, Russia
Dislikes: Discrimination, Human rights violation, Fascism, ODers, hackers, Suckish movies, Anti-noobs, Roblox and Robloxians, Lindsay Lohan

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:49 pm

OH Hell NO!!!

Noob Colony
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Noob Colony » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:21 pm

United Federation of Canada wrote:OH Hell NO!!!

What are you scared of in this proposal?
[]Defcon 2 - War Engaged
[]Defcon 3 - In Standby
[]Defcon 4 - Aware
[]Defcon 5 - Peace
Likes: Civil/Political Rights, High Security, Canada, Sweden, Minecraft, DEFCON game, Saoirse Ronan
Dislikes: Discrimination, Human rights violation, Fascism, ODers, hackers, Suckish movies, Anti-noobs, Roblox and Robloxians, Lindsay Lohan

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:03 am

Whilst Auralia is indeed a fairly talented GA author... that in itself is not inherently commendable.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:21 am

United Federation of Canada wrote:OH Hell NO!!!

After some of the tripe I've seen you associated with, where do you get the gaul to say this.

Cromarty wrote:Whilst Auralia is indeed a fairly talented GA author... that in itself is not inherently commendable.

Why is an active interest in shapeing the world for good not commendable?
Last edited by The Great Destruction on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:18 pm

The Great Destruction wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Whilst Auralia is indeed a fairly talented GA author... that in itself is not inherently commendable.

Why is an active interest in shapeing the world for good not commendable?

There are a lot of GA authors in line in front of Auralia, IMHO. Might want to beef of his/her resume first before attempting a Commendation. Or perhaps the proposal here just needs to focus on some of the other undertakings of the nation in question.

Edit for quote fixin'
Last edited by Skyrim Diplomacy on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
The Great Destruction wrote:Why is an active interest in shapeing the world for good not commendable?

There are a lot of GA authors in line in front of Auralia, IMHO. Might want to beef of his/her resume first before attempting a Commendation. Or perhaps the proposal here just needs to focus on some of the other undertakings of the nation in question.

Edit for quote fixin'

Yeah, Mouse comes to mind.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:There are a lot of GA authors in line in front of Auralia, IMHO. Might want to beef of his/her resume first before attempting a Commendation. Or perhaps the proposal here just needs to focus on some of the other undertakings of the nation in question.

While this is true, why does it matter? There is no shortage of proposal papper. If someone caered enough about them to write the proposal I'll support it. The good deeds of others should not detract from the good deeds of an individual nation.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Postby Sanctaria » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:There are a lot of GA authors in line in front of Auralia, IMHO. Might want to beef of his/her resume first before attempting a Commendation. Or perhaps the proposal here just needs to focus on some of the other undertakings of the nation in question.

While this is true, why does it matter? There is no shortage of proposal papper. If someone caered enough about them to write the proposal I'll support it. The good deeds of others should not detract from the good deeds of an individual nation.

I'd also question whether or not you can attribute the writing of a proposal/resolution to an entire nation. I'm not familiar with Security Council rules but if I recall correctly, when Glen-Rhodes was commended1 the writing of resolutions by that nation was attributed to the Glen-Rhodes Ambassador to the World Assembly, Dr. Castro.

Regardless, I don't think I'd support, in any case, the commendation of a nation on the sole basis that proposals by that nation were passed by the World Assembly. As has been shown on numerous times throughout the history of both the World Assembly and its predecessor, it doesn't take much to pass a resolution.

1I can't remember if this happened in the first attempt at commending Glen-Rhodes, or the second.

Ideological Bulwark #258

Author of:
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Sanctaria wrote:
1I can't remember if this happened in the first attempt at commending Glen-Rhodes, or the second.

It was both, from what I can tell from looking at the text of both resolutions.

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Sanctaria wrote:Regardless, I don't think I'd support, in any case, the commendation of a nation on the sole basis that proposals by that nation were passed by the World Assembly. As has been shown on numerous times throughout the history of both the World Assembly and its predecessor, it doesn't take much to pass a resolution.

True. Any possible judgement would come from the value of those passed proposals and the intent in which they were written.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Postby Sanctaria » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Sanctaria wrote:Regardless, I don't think I'd support, in any case, the commendation of a nation on the sole basis that proposals by that nation were passed by the World Assembly. As has been shown on numerous times throughout the history of both the World Assembly and its predecessor, it doesn't take much to pass a resolution.

True. Any possible judgement would come from the value of those passed proposals and the intent in which they were written.

You can't quantify resolution value (except stats wise), and intent can often be feigned.

Ideological Bulwark #258

Author of:
GA#590 (Co)

Noob Colony
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Noob Colony » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Thanks for all your replies. It helped me to review the flaws in the drafts.

However, this draft may be withdrawn, a note to you.
[]Defcon 2 - War Engaged
[]Defcon 3 - In Standby
[]Defcon 4 - Aware
[]Defcon 5 - Peace

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:04 am

Sanctaria wrote:
The Great Destruction wrote:True. Any possible judgement would come from the value of those passed proposals and the intent in which they were written.

You can't quantify resolution value (except stats wise), and intent can often be feigned.

Thats why there is a vote.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Postby Sanctaria » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:17 am

Sanctaria wrote:You can't quantify resolution value (except stats wise), and intent can often be feigned.

Thats why there is a vote.

Not really.

Some passed resolutions are repealed almost immediately after. They could have almost 80%, in some cases over that, of nations vote in favour and they're still repealed soon after implementation. So how does the vote show their value?

No, you can't quantify resolution value. You can quantify resolution popularity, but not value.

Ideological Bulwark #258

Author of:
GA#590 (Co)

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Why do I get the feeling that the complaints about "writing resolutions in itself is not commendable" would be markedly silent were this a commendation of a prolific SC author? :eyebrow:

Anyhow, against. Simply writing resolutions is not in and of itself commendable. :p
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Noob Colony
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Noob Colony » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Anyhow, against. Simply writing resolutions is not in and of itself commendable. :p

True. I ran out of ideas for commending, so we might see this withdrawn if decision is made.
[]Defcon 2 - War Engaged
[]Defcon 3 - In Standby
[]Defcon 4 - Aware
[]Defcon 5 - Peace

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council