NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Liberate NAZI EUROPE

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Liberate NAZI EUROPE

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:41 pm

The Security Council,

Believing that NAZI EUROPE should become open to invasion

Hereby liberates NAZI EUROPE.

Co-Authored by Tim-Opolis.

This is the result of a long drafting process and a ton of hard work. I'm glad to have your support. Thank you.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:44 pm

The Dourian Embassy wrote:
The Security Council,

This is the result of a long drafting process and a ton of hard work. I'm glad to have your support. Thank you.

I like it.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Grenetar
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grenetar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:45 pm

1st cool
anyway I would live to liberate nazi Europe.
Information on The Republic of Grenetar

NOTE: Where there is a * that is the DEFCON level The Republic of Grenetar is.
Defcon 1- Invaded
Defcon 2- Invasion Imminent
Defcon 3- War
Defcon 4- Preperations for war
Defcon 5- Tensions rising
*Defcon 6- Peace
Grenetarian Revolutionary War(1999)-Won

Grenetar
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grenetar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Grenetar wrote:1st cool
anyway I would live to liberate nazi Europe.

nevermind im not first.
Information on The Republic of Grenetar

NOTE: Where there is a * that is the DEFCON level The Republic of Grenetar is.
Defcon 1- Invaded
Defcon 2- Invasion Imminent
Defcon 3- War
Defcon 4- Preperations for war
Defcon 5- Tensions rising
*Defcon 6- Peace
Grenetarian Revolutionary War(1999)-Won

Topdop
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Topdop » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Again? :eyebrow:
Topdop (A mean old man)
Delegate of The East Pacific.

Typhlochactas
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Typhlochactas » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:42 pm

No.

Captain Woodhouse
Envoy

Founded: Dec 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Woodhouse » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Topdop wrote:Again? :eyebrow:

Oh, this is another can of worms entirely: a Libertation.

Newtered States
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Newtered States » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:23 pm

The Security Council,

You should change it to:

Believing that NAZI EUROPE should become open to invasion,<-----comma.

Does this mean I get co-authorship? :rofl:
Newt Gingrich '016

Sciongrad
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Totally for. What's the SC for if not to create Nazi-related chaos.? :p
Natalia Santos, Plenipotentiary and Permanent Scionite Representative to the World Assembly

Ideological Bulwark #271

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:05 pm

*sigh*

The National Front Disco
Secretary

Founded: Dec 26, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The National Front Disco » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Liberated Nazis? Yes please!

I'm really looking forward to this vote. I think I'll go buy a new suit to wear during the debate. Probably something in leather....
Proprietors of the World Assembly's only Nazi Hair Salon.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 am

What contributions did Tim-Opolis make to the writing of this proposal?

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:16 am

Sedgistan wrote:What contributions did Tim-Opolis make to the writing of this proposal?

He contributed the middle clause in it's entirety. I wrote everything else.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:15 am

I am so done with The Dourian Embassy...
If this comes to vote, I'll vote against it.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 am

Sedgistan wrote:What contributions did Tim-Opolis make to the writing of this proposal?

He contributed the middle clause in it's entirety. I wrote everything else.

Right. Just that co-authorship is supposed to recognise a "significant" contribution to a proposal. I guess in percentage terms, his was significant, but in terms of the actual amount of content added...

I'm not going to delete this particular one as a co-authorship violation, but if you (and certain others) continue to submit idiotic, and virtually content-less proposals, there will be modly intervention - namely deletion of the proposals, and warnings for spamming the queue.

Just bear that in mind.

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 am

This actually made quorum???? :?: Do the Esteemed delegates even read these things? While I agree the the idea of Nazi Europe sounds evil, have they actually committed any atrocities lately to warrant such action?

While I would love to vote for this, it is so poorly written, drips of sarcasm, and is just plain trash.

AGAINST

OCC: At least Cormac Stark's proposal has some eloquence to it. Could you maybe have put a little effort into this one? This is why the Security Council is doomed to fail, because trash like this makes quorum and we actually have to waste 3 days voting on it. Maybe you should have been condemned for continually wasting the Security Council's time with this garbage.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:33 am

There are "co-authorship violations" now? Can you cite chapter and verse where the SC even decided to impose any limits on co-authorship, let alone a minimum requisite level of contribution? :roll:
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 am

Sedgistan wrote:
<snip>..., but if you (and certain others) continue to submit idiotic, and virtually content-less proposals, there will be modly intervention - namely deletion of the proposals, and warnings for spamming the queue.

Just bear that in mind.

Its about time one of you mods said that.

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:There are "co-authorship violations" now? Can you cite chapter and verse where the SC even decided to impose any limits on co-authorship, let alone a minimum requisite level of contribution? :roll:

Thats easy. It can be found here.

Co-authors:
Multiple co-authors are allowed in the Security Council. Co-authors must be nations, not regions/organisations:

Ardchoille wrote:An authorship credit is for doing almost as much work on the proposal as the author -- a complete re-write, for example. It's not for collective critiquing, whether done by a forum or by region members.

There is no limit on co-authors, but a "reality-imposed limit" of 3 has been suggested. Nations which no longer exist can be cited, so long as they actually contributed to the authoring of the resolution. However, citing nations which are dead and clearly didn't contribute to the proposal may get your proposal deleted - as in this case (more on it here). Only those who contributed to the text of the proposal should be listed, so campaigners, lobbyists etc. should not be named - see here. Note that the text should make crystal clear that the listed nations are co-authors, or it may be considered a list of supporters, as per this ruling.
Last edited by The Great Destruction on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:There are "co-authorship violations" now? Can you cite chapter and verse where the SC even decided to impose any limits on co-authorship, let alone a minimum requisite level of contribution? :roll:

Try looking before snarking in future.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:32 pm

OK. Who are the "certain others" who will be cited for rules violations for submitting dumb proposals? Because Douria's the only one I know of lately who's arguably done so.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Dagguerro
Envoy

Founded: Apr 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagguerro » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:OK. Who are the "certain others" who will be cited for rules violations for submitting dumb proposals? Because Douria's the only one I know of lately who's arguably done so.

I would guess that's a reference to Newtered States and the Commend Sedgistan proposal currently at quorum which consists of precisely two sentences of text, one of which is the operative clause.
Patrician Lord Nicholas Ashemore - Elected Supreme Leader of The Benevolent Empire of Dagguerro

His Excellency Lord Daniel Swift - Dagguerrean Ambassador to the World Assembly

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Dagguerro wrote:I would guess that's a reference to Newtered States and the Commend Sedgistan proposal currently at quorum which consists of precisely two sentences of text, one of which is the operative clause.

I'm not entirely sure that's fair. Independently submitted proposals shouldn't be grounds for "spamming the queue". Until they come to vote, other than the delegates who approve it, who can tell if it's a bad proposal? I think as long as it gets the approvals, and it's legal it's not a "dumb proposal" but that's just me.

That said, I don't plan on running any more SC resolutions for a while(or telegramming for other's SC resolutions). So the point is moot. Unless someone else takes up the torch, I doubt this will go any further.

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:00 pm

How unoriginal.
Cormac was writing Liberations of NE before it was cool.
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:OK. Who are the "certain others" who will be cited for rules violations for submitting dumb proposals? Because Douria's the only one I know of lately who's arguably done so.

well, (actually i should have replied to your last post)...

if you name someone as a coauthor who doesn't want to be, they can submit a GHR and get it deleted.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 pm

*gets dragged into the thread by Mahaj*

*waves*

Hey.. Well this proposal escalated quickly O.o
I didn't actually think it was going to be.. you know.. doing stuff.

Anyways, I'm going to be voting AGAINST the Proposal. As said earlier, at least other drafts have been... longer.. and more detailed.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives