NATION

PASSWORD

Silly SC proposals - post them here!

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:28 am

Commend Unibotian WA Mission

NOTICING the many proposals that the said nation has proposed has helped the entire WA in many, many ways.

No, please. Don't hold back.

ALSO NOTICING the nations general care for it's fellow WA members and how he genuinly cares about justice and what is right in the world.

Eh. Aside from the numerous spelling and grammatical errors.

The said individual has been the most active WA member in the field of proposing resolutions

OK, now that's a flat-out lie. Plenty of other nations have proposed and passed more WA resolutions. The author clearly needs some education on the history of the WA (and its predecessor).

and has had more resolutions passed then I care to remember.

Agreed. :p

Next to everyone that votes in the WA knows his name and multiple regional delegates know it, as he takes time out of his life to send every delegate information about his current proposal and how it will benefit WA nations.

Uh, so we're going to commend him based on TG campaigns? Not to burst the bubble here, but wouldn't that make just about anybody to pass a resolution worthy of commendation?

It is my hope that others will regognize the said person's care about Nation States and all of it's members and his devotion to improving life here on Nation States.

Gag.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Krioval wrote:
The said individual has been the most active WA member in the field of proposing resolutions

OK, now that's a flat-out lie. Plenty of other nations have proposed and passed more WA resolutions. The author clearly needs some education on the history of the WA (and its predecessor).

YELDA!

Next to everyone that votes in the WA knows his name and multiple regional delegates know it, as he takes time out of his life to send every delegate information about his current proposal and how it will benefit WA nations.

Uh, so we're going to commend him based on TG campaigns? Not to burst the bubble here, but wouldn't that make just about anybody to pass a resolution worthy of commendation?

What about my 700+ "this is why you shall approve this" TGs for Commend Yelda? Do I get a commendation too?

...Quick! Everyone go out and start TGing for anything WA-related you can possibly think of! Popcorn! Colostomy bags! Natives! We'll all get commendations, and all the delegates will love us for sending them so many telegrams! Oh, and make sure to send doubles, in case they didn't read the first ones. And if their finger somehow slips and hits the "add marked senders to Ignore List" button instead of the "Save marked telegrams" button, be sure to send them more copies with a puppet!

[/excessive sarcasm]
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:43 pm

First off - there's a Commend and a Condemn in the queue for the same nation. [/random]

And, now, for specifics:
Commend Hardenburgh
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation
Nominee: Hardenburgh
Proposed by: Churchilland

Description: Noting that Hardenburgh's Contribution to the world is outstanding, also Noting that Hardenburgh stands up for democracy and fights tyranny and corruption to create a more fairer, equal and peaceful world. Also noting that the Coup in the Coalition in Nation States was needed due to the fact it didn't really do anything.

I Conclude that Hardenburgh should get some gratitude from the World Assembly for hard work to remove tyrannous and corrupt forms of government and useless organizations

(Although I Am in favour of a New CoNS as long as it actually does something.)

A few grammar issues, for starters, but what really had me confused was the (side comment/opinion) that the proposing nation included. Also, since I'm clearly out of the loop, I have no idea what CoNS stands for - and if that's going to be referenced in the proposal, I'd recommend clarifying that at some point in the text.

Also: It lacks an action clause. Unless the author's "conclusion" is sufficient, he needs to add "The WA (or SC) Commends Hardenburgh" or something of that nature.

And here's the other one ....

Condemn Hardenburgh
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation
Nominee: Hardenburgh
Proposed by: Ylamoria

Description: BELIEVING that Hardenburgh is trying to inflict instability in the world and that this must be known by all. He is also pretty irritating.

NOTING that Hardenburgh is a member of the Hadenburghian Federation.

UNDERSTANDING that Hardenburgh is having considerable influence over the Hardenburghian Federation.

ALSO UNDERSTANDING that the Hardenburghian Federation have disturbed the regional peace of the Coalition of Nation States by trying to inflict chaos and disruption.

NOTING that the Hardenburghian Federation has succeded partly in that by making the leader of the Coalition of Nation States, Almaniania quit as leader of the CoNS and wander far off into the realm of Realiticus Lifeticus (RiP).

FURTHER assuring the world that the Coalition of Nation States will rise greater and more splendid than before the crisis!

SHUDDERS to think of what Hardenburgh (unless their true mask is shown to the world) could do against other nations, alliances and regions by controlling the Hardenburghian Federation when they succeded in crippling the CoNS which is a pretty big alliance.

NOTING that not everyone in the Hardenburghian Federation are as bad as Hadenburgh himself, thankfully. That is why this condemnation is aimed at the person and not the region.

BELIEVENG that this condemnation will ensure "global harmony" in some extent; which frankly is the goal of the Security Council.

EXPLAINING that putting a big black mark with some red things on it over the information of a nation will make them other nations understand the evil of Hardenburgh and make them know the danger of him.

HEREBY CONDEMNS that Federation trash known as Hardenburgh for troublemaking, rabblerousing and trying to attack the Global Harmony in the world that is still left.

A few grammar/spelling issues, again - but that's by no means illegal.

However, I'm concerned that there's a borderline flame in proposal text ("that Federation trash"), which I doubt is legal in proposals. (Although it's not technically outlawed in the "Why did my C&C get chucked out of the queue?" thread, I figure that's a logical conclusion to make.)

Also, there's a lot of talky explanation (and less straightforward arguments/reasoning) - but that's certainly not grounds for illegality.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:05 am

SECURITY COUNCIL PROPOSAL
Commend Catholic

Nominee: Catholic

Proposed by: FlagGermoaustria

Description: Recognizing: Catholic is a region where nations are greated like brothers, and respected as such.

Understanding: Catholic has been one of the most active, but peaceful regions in NationStates.

Realizing: Catholicism is the biggest Christian sect in the world, and this is a region where those nations can freely, and peacefully practice their beliefs.

Calling: On other nations, and the WA to commend Catholic and all other nations, and regions that provide a peaceful climate for unhateful worship.

Hereby: Commends the region of Catholic.

DISMAY. GENERAL DISMAY.

RL references. Also calls on the WA to commend all other nations. Which is silly.
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Condemn Global Right Alliance

Nominee: Global Right Alliance

Proposed by: KillYouPayUp

Description: they have held from its citizens and it is time to rise up

No operative clause, illegal.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Sedgistan wrote:

There is that and then there is the coherency aspect: what is it trying to say?
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Uhh yeah
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Uhh yeah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:38 am

Sedgistan wrote:

There is that and then there is the coherency aspect: what is it trying to say?
Donutsu Kijiro to Mitaka!

Chorridonia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chorridonia » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:24 am

One fresh from the oven:

Liberate 10000 Island

A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region

Category: Liberation

Nominee (region): 10000 Island

Proposed by: Avoldom

Description: the region of lethergloved germany is what i think a threat to many surrunding regions an faraway they wish for quote vorld domination. i belive the washould take action. the region of these i say nazis shoul be acted apon.

No operative clause, the proposed liberated region is not mentioned at all and the spelling... Poorly written doesn't even begin to describe this.
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:53 am

Chorridonia wrote:One fresh from the oven:

Liberate 10000 Island

Description: the region of lethergloved germany is what i think a threat to many surrunding regions an faraway they wish for quote vorld domination. i belive the washould take action. the region of these i say nazis shoul be acted apon.

No operative clause, the proposed liberated region is not mentioned at all and the spelling... Poorly written doesn't even begin to describe this.

Not to mention that 10000 Island has an active founder and no delegate - so no delegate password to eliminate. Shocking.

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:58 am

Krioval wrote:

Liberate 10000 Island

Not to mention that 10000 Island has an active founder and no delegate - so no delegate password to eliminate. Shocking.

This whole document appears to be complete and utter nonsense. Where was it discussed in this forum?
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:59 am

Krioval wrote:

Liberate 10000 Island

And apparently they wish for world domination and are Nazis.
That's news to me.

Poree
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Poree » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:13 pm

The problem is, you guys just did not take the right medication before you read this one. Had you taken the the right drugs you would see the true beauty of this proposal. :p
Sarah Woodman
Representative of The Empire of Poree
Regional Delegate

Mayor F Whale
Civilian

Founded: Apr 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mayor F Whale » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:15 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Krioval wrote:

Liberate 10000 Island

And apparently they wish for world domination and are Nazis.
That's news to me.

Well considering the proposer, Avoldom, is from 10000 Islands the accusations aren't exactly surprising.
I'm Mayor F Whale and I've approved this message, for deliciousness!

Traspina
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

recognition

Postby Traspina » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:04 am

I propose that the Security Council recognizes me as an untouchable leader and that my nationTraspina will not be held responsible for the countries that we wipe off the map with our nuke missiles.

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:42 am

Traspina wrote:I propose that the Security Council recognizes me as an untouchable leader and that my nationTraspina will not be held responsible for the countries that we wipe off the map with our nuke missiles.

Yes master.
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:39 am

Beware! It is the newbie spam creature from hell!

Vesser
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesser » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:53 am

Scalietti wrote:NOTING: Kalasparata has fully involved himself in the NS world. Some of his many achievements involve:
a) Creating another planet
b) Discovering a new dimension
c) Constructing rockets that travel at light speed
d) Sending dogs to the centre of the earth

UNDERSTANDING: That these achievements are well beyond any other nations in the field of scientific research.

THANKING: Kalasparata for his above and beyond approach to physics and chemistry by showing the world a better future

HEREBY: Commends Kalasparata for his tireless work in the field of science and technology

Diatraba
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diatraba » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Traspina wrote:I propose that the Security Council recognizes me as an untouchable leader and that my nationTraspina will not be held responsible for the countries that we wipe off the map with our nuke missiles.

get lost
Dimitri MacCarinson - Honourary Chief Ambassador on behalf of the Communist State of Diatraba (PMT)- One nation, one vision!
DEFCON: 3 - army at rediness - rediness levels above normal
UK Threat Level: Substantial - an attack is a strong possibility
REDCON: 2 - Full Alert - Army ready to fight
My Nation's Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian Authoritarian: 3.69
My Political Compass
Our economic report

Diatraba
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diatraba » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Fished straight from the proposal list:

Commend Noor Oryx

Nominee: FlagNoor Oryx

Proposed by: FlagZindariya

Description: To Commend Noor Oryx for it's amazing and astounding political freedoms with the nation's sensible mix of personal and economic freedom as well as being a peaceful and progressive nation

No operative clause nor worthwhile reason, as lots of nations, such as Grays Harbor have excellent political freedoms "sensible mixes" of personal and economic freedoms, but they don't get commended.
Dimitri MacCarinson - Honourary Chief Ambassador on behalf of the Communist State of Diatraba (PMT)- One nation, one vision!
DEFCON: 3 - army at rediness - rediness levels above normal
UK Threat Level: Substantial - an attack is a strong possibility
REDCON: 2 - Full Alert - Army ready to fight
My Nation's Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian Authoritarian: 3.69
My Political Compass
Our economic report

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation

Category: Repeal

Resolution: SC#3

Proposed by: FlagGerman Dragons

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #3: Condemn NAZI EUROPE shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: NOTICING that while the Nazi ideaology is based upon hate, there is no such practice in NAZI EUROPE (NE)

BELIEVING that condemming a region based entirely because of its name, and how the name happens to be associated with hate ideology and how the region has done no harm to any race, religion, etc, is just unacceptable.

NOTING that we need to learn to accept people and not shun them because of a belief, condemming NE, because of their orriented belief, that is not practiced there, would be like condemming Catholic for their belief in Christianity.

BELIEVING that in order to condemm a region, there needs to be an in-game reason, not just because what they are associated with.

HOPING that the World Assembly will learn to accept people for who they are and stop oppressing someone's belief.

Illegal, the phrase "in-game" is OOC & therefore violates Rule 4.

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Mon May 03, 2010 5:04 pm

Commend A mean old man

Category: Commendation | Nominee: A mean old man | Proposed by: Unibotian WASC Mission

Description: The Security Council,

REALIZING that a commendation of a Mean Old Man was defeated at vote only a few months ago with many citing the defeat as retribution for a Mean Old Man’s supposed “public backstabbing and reprisal” against Unibot and the members of The Security Council, regarding SC#15-16,

UNDERSTANDING that just prior to SC#16 being voted on, a Mean Old Man and Unibot privately reconciled through telegrams, during which this conversation, Unibot became self-aware of what a stubborn git he had been to others, and a Mean Old Man promised he would not pursue the adoption of SC#16 as actively as he had previously been,

ATTEMPTING to make right what was previously wronged in the subsequent public discussions regarding a Mean Old Man as they were unfairly critical,

DETERMINING that a Mean Old Man since the beginning of his activity in the hallowed halls of the WA has been a vigorous supporter of quality in resolution writing and the drafting process…

(I) HAVING ADVOCATED for a diversity of opinions, independence, public drafting and and a system of democracy in the World Assembly free from manipulation,

(II) HAVING DENOUNCED the practice of stacking voting floors immediately as a manipulation of democracy that depreciates the individual vote,

(III) HAVING CRITICIZED the herd mentality of voters that “vote-stackers” exploit, which he popularized the phrase, “lemming-effect”, to describe,

BELIEVING that if more players articulated and acted upon their opinions and and principles such as a Mean Old Man has done without fear of reprisal, the World Assembly would be a more enlightened and democratic institution,

ADMIRING a Mean Old Man’s more lighthearted activities such as providing comedic caricatures of different In-Character entities, participating in various roleplays and advocating for more humor in the proceedings of the Security Council,

GIGGLING at the irony of commending an advocate of openness and accessibility with a proposal that was drafted in secret because it is inherently illegal due to a newly established rule -- “Rule #4” stipulates that proposals cannot be written entirely out-of-character,

APPLAUDING a Mean Old Man’s bold support of a campaign to rid the World Assembly of “Rule #4” in its entirety,

HOPING a Mean Old Man will take this opportunity to put his feet up, eat a cookie and quietly lurk in his own commendation thread -- a well-deserved break for one of the most lively critics in debate threads,

HEREBY COMMENDS A Mean Old Man for being who he is, instead of who he pretends to be.

A GHR was filed. This breaks Rule #4.

Keep on rocking in the free world, Old Man Eloquence.

Agaralia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Commend Reploid Productions

Postby Agaralia » Mon May 03, 2010 5:26 pm

As the forum admin Reploid Productions has served well in there duties

Carefully keeping peace and administering mod actions soudly

Creating Forum 7 which all forumers enjoy

Hereby commends Reploid Productions (or Reppy)

Would be deleted
Tom Bishop wrote:There's no point as we are already being oppressed.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon May 03, 2010 5:28 pm

This is probably the wrong thread for that. Are you asking whether it would be deleted, or just saying it would? Either are probably inappropriate - you'd be best off starting a new thread.

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Mon May 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Vesser wrote:
Scalietti wrote:NOTING: Kalasparata has fully involved himself in the NS world. Some of his many achievements involve:
a) Creating another planet
b) Discovering a new dimension
c) Constructing rockets that travel at light speed
d) Sending dogs to the centre of the earth

UNDERSTANDING: That these achievements are well beyond any other nations in the field of scientific research.

THANKING: Kalasparata for his above and beyond approach to physics and chemistry by showing the world a better future

HEREBY: Commends Kalasparata for his tireless work in the field of science and technology

Don't be hating on a torrent of sarcasm.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Blitzkrenia
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkrenia » Tue May 04, 2010 8:17 am

Condemn Wooookiees

Nominee: Wooookiees

Description: a delegate to the great region of the global right alliance should be leading its region in the political ideas and thoughts of the world assembly submiting proposals voting on legislation but does nothing of the sort instead he lays on the couch all day eating potato chips

Approvals: 0

Voting Ends: in 3 days

No comment.
"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow." -Oscar Wilde

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council