NATION

PASSWORD

Fourth Hispano-German Reich (PMT Factbook)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Fourth Hispano-German Reich (PMT Factbook)

Postby Third Spanish States » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:21 am

Index

1. Brief and General Overview
  2. The Übermensch Doctrine
  3. EXT&RMINAI
  4. Military Pt. 1: Regular Forces
  5. Military Pt. 2: Special Forces
  6. Military Pt. 3: Alleged Experimental Squadrons

Brief and General Overview

"My gift to industry is the genetically engineered worker, or Genejack. Specially designed for labor, the Genejack's muscles and nerves are ideal for his task, and the cerebral cortex has been atrophied so that he can desire nothing except to perform his duties. Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?"

Short Description: The Greater German Reich is a spread out civilization between a small subtropical island in a very remote corner of the world, once called Third Commune, and also in one of the last bastions of humanity in the Havenic Wastes, which otherwise are inhabited by untold eldritch horrors since the Cataclysm of the Great, when nearly all civilizations were swept away by a tide of supernatural forces, which brought beings older than the universe back from their sleep to rule the entirety of the region, while shifting most of its now isolated survivors into entirely different peoples and cultures. It is a totalitarian police State where the government control people through its control over drugs and other kinds of pleasure rather than through violence, although people still have limited economical liberties to open their own shops and industries, and most of the economy is still private. Yet through conditioning, it is said that the State prepares all from birth to have a place, and be happy about it, in this Brave New World.

Country Name: Fourth Hispano-German Reich (Viertel Spanien-Deutsch Reich)
Short Form: VSDR, Spanisch Reich

POPULATION
Nationality: Hispano-Germanic
Population: 6.4 billion
Ethnicity breakdown:
48% Spanish
48% German
3% Jewish
1% Other
Urbanisation:
95% of total population
Life expectancy at birth:
120 years average
Literacy:
definition: age 8 and over can read and write
total population: 100%

ECONOMY, COMMUNICATIONS & TRANSPORT
GDP: $204,800,000,000,000
GDP per Capita: $32,000~
Composition by sector:
agriculture: 22%
industry:35%
services: 43%
Unemployment rate:
Approx 1.5%
Budget: 20% of GDP; 51.2 trillion
30% military: 15.36 trillion
1% maintenance & administration: 512 billion
15% tyranny: 7.68 trillion
20% education and research: 10.24 billion
10% pensions: 5.12 trillion
18% healthcare: 9.216 trillion
6% other: 3.072 trillion

Industries: Biotechnology, information technology, robotics, armaments, aerospace, automobile, chemistry.
Agriculture: Rubber for boots to stamp on a human face, forever.

POLITICAL SYSTEM
Government type: Totalitarian Police State
Legislature: Laws-by-decree
Courts system: Military law
Governing Party: Transhuman Fascist Party (TFP)
Head of State: Ubersturmführer Wilhelm Franco.

MILITARY

The Spanisch Reich has three primary military branches: the Heer(Army), the Marine(Navy), and the Luftwaffe(Air Force). The greatest priority of the Reich lie in the -to be determined after geography becomes better defined-. In spite of its authoritarian nature, the Reich maintains a relatively small standing army during peacetime because of the fact a larger one would divert funds to the true primary objective of the Reich: the perfection of human society and of the human race. However, they have a large reserve force that can be readied when necessary.

The Heer is perhaps the most interesting of all branches because of several small experimental squads of chemically enhanced soldiers, although the only publicly known "chemical enhancement" is nothing short of drugs to delay sleep, and all claims about cybernetically-enhanced forces are lacking in evidence, even if the State propaganda proclaims their existence.

ECONOMY and SOCIETY

The Hispano-German Reich is a mixed economy, partly state-regulated, and partly private. Its society is a closed, authoritarian one, but a surprsingly nonviolent one that believes their political enemies can be converted through the use of psychotropic drugs distributed by the State, and that strives considerably to avoid cruelty. They are set upon an ideological goal of the genetic perfection of the human race through all kinds of technologies and methods, including the elimination of undesirables, the use of selective breeding, of genetic engineering on human beings and of radical, experimental electromechanical implants, and according to some, nanotechnology. A constructed language combining German and Spanish is being developed by the State. Called Neusprech(Newspeak), it will also make it impossible to write any kind of seditious or rebellious thought against the glorious Reich.

In spite of their authoritarian nature, they are extremely opposed to the practice of slavery, because the government believes it delays the evolution of the human race. Forced labor camps, which are otherwise common in most totalitarian states, also don't exist in the Spanisch Reich.

HISTORY

Somewhere in the former Anarchist Confederacy nicknamed "White Mesa Research facility", a large hadron collider test was going to be set simultaneously to some top-secret research program related to seeking evidences and transferring matter from parallel universes. Upon the onset of this experiment, something went terribly wrong, and the majority of the population disappeared, only to be replaced by the people of a strange, authoritarian society that didn't belong to this world. It is believed that the experiment led for the mirrors of people existing in this universe to be swapped with the ones in another, and thus, a new order arose. Cowered among the majority of tyrants and people used to this new order, the minority of anarchists that didn't disappear is slowly being wiped out, and soon will be gone.
Last edited by Third Spanish States on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 14 times in total.
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:27 am

The Übermensch Doctrine

"Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the Overman -- a rope over an abyss."

It is perhaps ironic that the so called Fourth German Reich believes in an end so close yet so distant of our own. Like them, the anarchists that once formed the Confederacy, and those who are still left, believe there is no solid, hard-coded, immutable "human nature", and that the ultimate objective of our society is self-improvement not only of itself as a collective, but of our own selves both in knowledge and maturity, and also in the intellectual, moral and physical capabilities, to reach eventually a singularity, one where the human race will no longer exist as we know it, and from this singularity, create a flawless, perfect social order inhabited by the now mythical overman, or superman.*

The difference lies in what we, of the remnants of the Anarchist Confederacy, define as the idealized superman: a man free of the desire of ruling over others. A man engineered for a perfect anarchist civilization, and ultimately, in the only point we share with the Fascists, a man emancipated from the animalistic instincts we still share from our primitive ancestors.

Cecily Lockhelm, or according to some conspiracy theories, her clone, one of the last remaining defenders of Third Spanish States in the now called Fourth Reich

The Anarchist Confederacy also believed in the concept of an overman, and our culture encouraged people to partipate freely and voluntarily of foetus selection and genetic improvement programs instead of allowing for random chance to define how their children would be like and how capable they would be, so that each generation would be better than the previous one, and more adapted to our freer society as well. Discussion over ethics of abortion are a too minor matter in face of the threat posed by our enemy, but suffice to say, all scientific evidence points that before the formation of brain, foetuses aren't sentient. Our enemy also utilizes the same methods, but while our methods were free for every person to choose on whether to participate of or not and fully voluntary, while we didn't use any kind of violence against people who were below average, their methods are entirely totalitarian, inhuman and tyrannical. The Reich has no place for those they deem genetically unfit for their society, although they seem to believe that what we consider a genetic tendency to desire liberty can be overriden through addiction to drugs only them have access to. And by forcing all of us, anarchists, to have to choose between our not so uncommon taste for drugs or liberty, they think they will be able to control us, and twist us towards their goal of creating their vision of an overman.

Ultimately, while our vision of an overman emphasizes individuality, theirs emphasize the eventual annihilation of individual will in favor of the strengthening of the collective. They are a dangerous foe. For unlike the usual Nazi, fascist dictatorship around, they aren't driven by mere ambition. Even their leaders turn down to the ideal rather than twisting the ideal for their own individual interests, from the point such society seems to already have evolved. Their übermensch doctrine seeks the transformation of us from human beings to a human beehive. A flawless, perfect society, where all have a position, are entirely happy and pleased with their position, and will willingly put their lives to an end when no longer useful to the collective. And eventually... if technology ever allows, the destruction of all individual sentiences so that they may exist literally as a single entity, devoid of individuality. The idea is horrific. What they seek is not to create a post-human being, but to destroy what makes us human, to annihilate utterly all expressions of, and once possible, individuality itself.

We will fight to the end to ensure the Übermensch Doctrine of the Fourth Hispano-German Reich does not succeed, no matter how hopeless our odds seem. It is better to die free than to live in a world without freedom, and without humanity, even if nothing but oblivion awaits after our lives.

Cecily Lockhelm

*(Out of Character: Solar Communes is pretty much this singularity mentioned here. Although things didn't turn out to become as Utopian and perfect after the singularity as idealized in the past.
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:12 am

EXT&RMINAI
EXperimental Transfer & Routing of Massed INformation through Artificial Intelligence

"You feel something. I must know what you are feeling."

Many wonder what the EXT&RMINAI is. They heard the acronym somewhere and got curious. I will tell you what it is. After all, I have been one of the primary hardware engineers involved in its construction. I am not really afraid. They would soon kill me anyway because of the liability my continued existence after the project's conclusion represent, why should I hide the facts? I am still in hiding, right now, with the anarchists, but I know eventually they will no longer be able to protect me, for no matter what they want to believe, they are doomed to lose this war.

The EXT&RMINAI is a super-computer and artificial intelligence designed for surveillance, which intelligence and recordings are kept deep inside the seat of the Reich. It can process massive amounts of data every second, serving to filter information that may hint threats against the Spanisch Reich, while tracing and tracking, until the limits of existing surveillance devices, all people involved in such threats of rebellions. But that is not all, you see, the Reich has many interests, and they ordered me to ensure modules are programmed to allow for the system to spread out all across the region in its surveillance capabilities as soon as Reich operatives set up nodes in foreign territory.

Now there is something I must tell you, the most important detail about it. EXT&RMINAI is not a simple supercomputer, of the kind you can find easily elsewhere. I know it may be difficult to believe, but I have helped its development. It is a biocomputer, a computer built from organic and electronic components working together, which we developed from the reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial technology in the top secret program I participated of. But what is most impressive, is that I believe EXT&RMINAI has become self-aware and sentient as an artificial intelligence. If there is one chance you anarchists may have of, no matter how unlikely, winning this war, it can only be by convincing EXT&RMINAI your paradigm is the best choice for its own survival.

Albert Lazarus, defected scientist from the Reich

However, I have no idea on whether EXT&RMINAI truly became sentient or not, and we have no precedent for this. Even if it has become self-aware, I have no idea of what it would wish to do, or what to expect from it. All I know is that recently it has, without authorization, distributed several copies of itself through the net. I have a supposition it is trying to become impossible to be controlled by the fascists, but I am not sure if you can trust a machine, and I am not sure on what it truly intends to achieve with this rebellion against its master. I advise caution when dealing with such entity. Whether it is sentient or not, it remains a tool of the enemy.
Last edited by Third Spanish States on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
PMT Factbook.

Return to Factbooks and National Information