NATION

PASSWORD

The Mahaj Factbook (Not Finished)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

The Mahaj Factbook (Not Finished)

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:46 pm

please do not post in this. Thank you.

OVERVIEW

The Sovereign State of Mahaj is a country. It is the homeland of the Maahugj tribe, and is gaining an international reputation. It is a democracy, with a President elected every four years, and a bicameral legislature. This legislature has two bodies, a Senate with 36 members, and a House of Commons with 100 members. Mahaj has a National Court, which consists of nine Justices. Mahaj is gaining a vast empire, though much of it consists of small islands. The people of Mahaj to this day remain close to the Maahugj roots.

HISTORY

How long the land of Mahaj has been inhabited is unknown. However, in the year 1430, the first known historical recordings of the land, known then by the natives as Nmhuj, were recorded by a tribesman. Mahaj originally was a lot smaller than it currently is, the Maahugj tribe originally inhabited the northern part of present day Mahaj and part of the land overseas to the north of Mahaj, a mere 60 miles away. In the year 1470, the first known conquest of the Maahugj tribe to southern Mahaj was recorded. These conquests continued on and on. The last conquest occured in about the year 1690, giving the Maahugj tribe complete control over the land known as Mahaj, and then some. In 1725, the first explorers came to the part of Mahaj that now belongs to other countries. Inevitably, a war took place over that land, and the Maahugj tribe was defeated. The explorers continued on, bypassing the rocky north of present day Mahaj. They settled in the south east, and instead of battles, the Maahugj tribe let them stay there. In the year 1769, the first constitution of Mahaj was passed. In that document, the nation was named "Mahaj". Slowly, the settlers grew in number and started expanding. The Maahugj tribe was soon left to essentially the Mahajite region, or the north. This occurred in about 1850. From then on, things remained similar. In the year 1912, a rebellious young Mahajite leader named 'Hungry Bear' managed to rally many Mahajites behind him and surprisingly mounted an attack on the others in Mahaj, who were mostly caucasian. The attacks lasted for around 5 years. Although in the end the Mahajites were defeated, their legacy remains. Additionally, more non caucasians immigrated to Mahaj after the war. Nowdays Mahaj is majority Maahugj again, thanks to great growth in the tribe. There is also an isolated part called the Bear Tribe, which, although human, take their name from Hungry Bear and have declared their opposition to all caucasians. By some, they are viewed as terrorists, by others, ethnic heroes.
Last edited by Mahaj on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:51 pm

ECONOMY

Mahaj is an economic powerhouse, based mostly off Agriculture and Manufacturing. Many adults in Mahaj work, as the unemployment is low. These people are paid a generous salary. Mahaj produces many things in its vast empire, such as agricultural products, some oil, cosmetics, and wood. Other things such as raw metal and rubber are partially produced in Mahaj and partially imported from other countries. Mahaj has many exports of the things it produces, though some is used by corporations and people in Mahaj. Most agriculture work occurs in the South and most manufacturing in the northeast.

STATISTICS

Gross Domestic Product: $61,495,300,227,336.62 ( $61.5 Trillion)

GDP Per Capita: $27,222.36

Unemployment Rate: 2.78%

Consumption: $26,782,704,000,000.00 ($26.7 trillion)

Exchange Rate: One Ele (Mahaj Dollar) per US Dollar: 1 Ele = 1.2979 USD

Income Tax Rate: Approximately 50%

Exports: $7,392,270,407,266.00

Imports: $7,391,124,292,359.37

Trade Surplus/Deficit: $1,146,114,906.62

Average Worker Wage: $33.62 an hour
Last edited by Mahaj on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:00 pm

PEOPLE

The People of Mahaj are generally members from the Maahugj tribe. However, there are many immigrants of various ethnicities and religions. Roughly 75 percent of Mahaj citizens are religious, and roughly 63 percent are from the Maahugj tribe. The majority of people in Mahaj are between ages 30-45. About 54% of Mahaj’s population is male. Mahaj’s population is estimated to be 735 million people.

Freedoms in Mahaj are high, but balanced. The populace are watched by a well trained police force, which easily handles most criminals. Crime is, for the most part, not a problem. Mahaj has a public school system which is funded through tax dollars and corporate donations. About 50 percent of school attending kids go to Public School. Forty percent to private school, and ten percent are homeschooled. Mahaj mandates that kids be taught from the ages of 6 to 16. Kids may not work unless they are at or over the age of 16. To legally be an adult in Mahaj, you must be 18 years or older. Mahaj is an environmental powerhouse, with much focus on maintaining this environment. Approximately eighty percent of Mahaj’s populace has health insurance. The people of Mahaj generally have a high living standard in the South, but in the north it is a different story.

STATISTICS

Average Age: 37

Median Age: 36

Gender Distribution:

Male: 54 percent
Female: 46 percent

Language Fluency

English (Official): 99.9%
Traditional Maahugj (Official): 48%
Hindi: 32%
Other: 10%

Literacy Rate: 99.9 %

Life Expectancy
Male: 84.3 years
Female: 82.5 years

Internet Access
Yes: 60%
No: 40%

Religious Breakdown: Image

Ethnic Breakdown: Image
Last edited by Mahaj on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:02 pm

GOVERNMENT
The Sovereign State of Mahaj has been a Republic for a long time and probably will be for a long time. Its government is organized into three branches. The Executive Branch carries out the laws, and is led by the President. The Legislative branch consists of Parliament, which is divided into two houses. A Senate consists of 100 members and the House of Commons 438 members. The National Court is the court of the land and it is led by 9 Justices.

Country Name: The Sovereign State of Mahaj

Country Name (short): Mahaj

Capital: Mahar

Population: 1.1 million people

Constitution: The written document of laws for Mahaj. Was created after a brief period of anarchy. Upheld through the Court system, and all must abide by it.

International Organization Participation: Mahaj used to be part of the World Assembly. Then it was represented by Mahaj WA Mission. Now it is represented by Mahaj WA Seat. The former ambassador to the World Assembly was Varun Vale. Now it is represented by Bhai Kah.
Last edited by Mahaj on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Image This is the Mahaj Senate Building.
Image this is the Mahaj House of Commons Building.
Image This is the President's house.
Last edited by Mahaj on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Geography of Mahaj

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:14 pm

The above is the political Map of Mahaj. Mahaj is divided into 18 districts with administrative relevance.

Districts

District 1: Oru

Oru is a small district, both land wise and population wise. Its soil is mostly rocky and the district is full of mountains, making it poor for farming, or anything really. Its main source of employment there is fishing and shipbuilding. The capital city of this district is the cleverly name Oru City. This district is part of the region known as the Mahajite region, although most of the Maahugj tribe is located in District 18. The population of this district is about 2 million.

District 2: Duempoh

Duempoh is a moderate sized district, located south of Oru. The northern half of Duempoh is considered part of the Mahajite region (named after the Mahajite mountains) and the southeast is mostly used for farming. Duempoh's economy mainly relies on fishing and shipbuilding. Duempoh is also home to the Dorrer Port, which serves as a port for ships on the north west side of Mahaj. However, there is another, larger, port on the west side as well. The capital of Duempoh is Dokmala, and Duempoh has a population of 6 million.

District 3: Akhar

Akhar is a small to moderate sized district, yet contains a large population for its size. With its mostly smooth shores, Akhar thrives on water related industries. Most of Akhar's economy depends on shipbuilding and trade, but there is a substantial amount for tourism and also fishing. South Akhar also has some high producing farms, leading to Akhar having the largest economy of all of Mahaj's districts. The district is home to the major port on the west side of Mahaj and one of the largest in the whole country, Admiral Cuan-Leon Port. Named for Admiral Cuan Leon, a famous Mahaj Naval Admiral, this port handles massive amounts of goods. Akhar is also home to many theme parks, increasing the tourism industry. The capital of this district is Jukh. The district holds an unbelievable 65 million people.
Last edited by Mahaj on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

reserved.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

reserved

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:15 pm

reserved.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:15 pm

reserved.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information