NATION

PASSWORD

Office of the Emperor of Gradonia Alan Erik von Schnider

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
The Gradonian Islands
Envoy

Founded: Feb 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Office of the Emperor of Gradonia Alan Erik von Schnider

Postby The Gradonian Islands » Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 pm

The Office of Emperor Alan Erik von Schnider IV

hello, and welcome to my office. I'm glad that you have come to visit me in Gradonia, you may be a bit confused on how the system of government works, I'm an Emperor but not by blood, let's get that out of the way before anything else.
again I welcome you to the Empire of Gradonia. I hope you enjoy your stay. You may contact the secretary by leaving a message here or sending a Telegram.
Yours Truly
~Emperor Alan Erik von Schnider IV

Explenation of Gradonian Emperatik system
In Gradonia there is an elected emperor that acts with the power of a king however there are certain limitations to the Emperor's power, for an emperor to do something they must receive a majority vote from a governing body known as the Emperor's Parliament, a group of 235 government officials and civilians alike that debate vote and discuss any sort of actions an emperor preforms. If they vote in favor of the emperors actions then it is immediately signed into affect. With the members of the Emperor's Parliament signing off on the new law or decree proclaiming that a fair and honest method was used to reach the final decision.
if however they ultimately vote against by a margin of 20 members or less the Emperor may override the overturn and sign the law into affect bypassing the parliament altogether.
The system of choosing the Emperor's Parliament is done by selection and voting
40 selected by the Emperor
30 Selected by the Parliament of Gradonia
30 Selected by the Department of Justice
the remaining 135 are voted on by the population of the various islands, the members of the Emperor's Parliament act as representatives along with those of the actual Gradonian Parliament

The Current Emperor is Alan Erik von Schnider IV, he is highly approved of and ha brought great social reforms to Gradonia after it previously faced the worst economic set back it had in 230 years. he is currently in his second year of his second term and plans on running again. Alan von Schnider belongs to the Gradonian Centrist Party. Some of the current Issues that are important to Emperor von Schnider are:

Education-Education reform is one of the most important issues Emperor von Schnider is currently dealing with. His education reforms will create a new system that will help millions of Gradonia’s children receive the education they deserve.
This includes extra curricular activites such as band, orchestra, debate and sports. It will also give hundreds of thousands of Grads to schools in need of money. Extensive renovations will be made to hundreds of schools on all islands, each classroom will have at least one computer for student use. Extensive programs will be created to help those with learning disabilities. 100 new universities will be created to help further education, government loans will be provided and each child will be given the opportunity to attend a university.

Veterans-Emperor von Schnider plans to help lift the 562,000 veterans out of debt by helping set up employment and benefit opportunities for those whom have fought in Gradonia’s wars

Abortion-Emperor von Schnider wishes to provide safe and legal abortions to those whom are dealing with health issues that would put the lives of the mother in danger. Otherwise Emperor von Schnider strongly opposes abortion unless a circumstance like the one above is preventing a safe birth.

Foreign Policy-The Emperor of Gradonia has made it his policy to be open to all sorts of diplomatic talk and agreements, so that friendships may be made and deals agreed upon to further the knowledge of the world and the cultures that it is filled with
For the Gradonian Islands war is always a last resort and requires all parts of the government to vote before any action may be taken against another country.
visit our Embassy

Economy-It is the current policy of the Emperor to interfere as little as possible with the economy as little as possible. This way growth may be achieved since 2004 when Emperor von Schnider lifted the economy out of the worst depression it ha ever seen, his policy that as long as people aren’t being exploited (Minimum wage is G12.67 p/h) the economy may go unchecked to further progress and growth.

To contact the Emperor you may post a message here or send a telegram, a secretary will be in touch with you shortly from there you may set up an appointment with the Emperor.

Last edited by The Gradonian Islands on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For If the bomb that drops on you, gets your friends and neighbors too, there'll be no-body left behind to grieve"
~Tom Lehrer (We Will all go Together When we Go)

"Hell is other people"
~Jean-Paul Sartre

"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way"
~Gustav Mahler

The Embassy of the Gradonian Islands:
The Empire of The Gradonian Islands Fact Book
The Office of the Emperor
Imperial Ships & Co.

Return to Factbooks and National Information