NATION

PASSWORD

Spanking in your nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Surote
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Surote » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:37 pm

It's legal in private and public

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:47 am

Seperate Vermont wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Seperate Vermont wrote:
New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Third Spanish States wrote:Is the seed of tomorrow's tyranny. Parents caught doing it tend to have their children taken off by the people themselves because they care about each other, and a children have the rights to the same dignity an adult does. There is some serious talk about how first years of life are about molding someone to a specific type of society, and kids that are forced into strict discipline are being molded to be loyal slaves to the tyrant monster, to the capitalist pig and to the Church pedobear, rather than to be free people.

If said children were worthy of the same rights as adults, should they not be held to the same responsibilities that are held by adults? Should they not clothe and feed themselves and be truly independent in order to show that they can survive with their allotted amount of freedom? As long as children live under the same roof that their parents and guardians have paid for, they are to live under the same rules and social standards as demanded by the man of the house. If they lived seperately they are indeed free to live as they wish, but under a parents roof they have no place to bicker against their caretaker.

Everyone has the right not to be hit with a stick or assaulted. There are much better ways at discipline, and discipline to indoctrinate degrades freedom.

Any examples that works?

When they can comprehend, discussions and a simple, equal talk between both parties.
Saying "No", when they can't? Trying to discuss something first?

I really doubt it is going to work for many spoilt kids, who just trend to ignore what is being said.
((ooc: RL example:- students in South Asia, Most of Africa trend to be better diciplined than students in Europian countries. Intresting part is, Europe has banned smacking and Smacing is common in South Asia and most Africa.... ; I am not saying it applies to evey student, but I am just saying it in General terms.))
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shirotori (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shirotori (Ancient) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:59 am

"Spanking", and other forms of child management that parents use, are considered private issues that parents should themselves deal with. The People's Government of the Republic of Shirotori does not get involved in the disruption of family traditions.

Granted, there are certain common sense distinctions a judge will make in cases of abuse. But hitting your child as a form of discipline is not considered so.

It is the position of the Government that family consists of the basic unit of civilization and interfering with and disrupting it's operation will lead to anarchy, loss of discipline among the masses, and general chaos and disaster.

Ausgebombt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausgebombt » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:03 am

Disobedient children are shot.
Ausgebombt Factbook!
Maurepas wrote:I'd feel little less Anti-American-Marixist, if I felt America was worth a damn thing anymore.

".223 body penetration before you hit the ground."
-Ausgebombt Proverb.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:23 am

Canadai wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Seperate Vermont wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Seperate Vermont wrote:
New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Third Spanish States wrote:Is the seed of tomorrow's tyranny. Parents caught doing it tend to have their children taken off by the people themselves because they care about each other, and a children have the rights to the same dignity an adult does. There is some serious talk about how first years of life are about molding someone to a specific type of society, and kids that are forced into strict discipline are being molded to be loyal slaves to the tyrant monster, to the capitalist pig and to the Church pedobear, rather than to be free people.

If said children were worthy of the same rights as adults, should they not be held to the same responsibilities that are held by adults? Should they not clothe and feed themselves and be truly independent in order to show that they can survive with their allotted amount of freedom? As long as children live under the same roof that their parents and guardians have paid for, they are to live under the same rules and social standards as demanded by the man of the house. If they lived seperately they are indeed free to live as they wish, but under a parents roof they have no place to bicker against their caretaker.

Everyone has the right not to be hit with a stick or assaulted. There are much better ways at discipline, and discipline to indoctrinate degrades freedom.

Any examples that works?

When they can comprehend, discussions and a simple, equal talk between both parties.

I really doubt it is going to work for many spoilt kids, who just trend to ignore what is being said.
((ooc: RL example:- students in South Asia, Most of Africa trend to be better diciplined than students in Europian countries. Intresting part is, Europe has banned smacking and Smacing is common in South Asia and most Africa.... ; I am not saying it applies to evey student, but I am just saying it in General terms.))

They also have a higher infant mortality rate and higher poverty rates.

Though I fail to see any conections between Health facility, and smacking.

Seperate Vermont
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperate Vermont » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Canadai wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Seperate Vermont wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Seperate Vermont wrote:
New Nicksyllvania wrote:

Any examples that works?

Basically it creates a level of disrespect for those considered "children" in the face of this newfound authority over their lives. Almost a more authoritarian upbringing leads to a constricted, emontionally shocked case that can stay throughout a person's life.
Last edited by Seperate Vermont on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, we are not obsessed with Maple Syrup. Speaking of that, Would you like some 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup? We have a surplus this year.
http://www.mechiwiki.com/nationstates/index.php?nation=Seperate_Vermont
GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

American MapleStory
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby American MapleStory » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 pm

In ROM spanking is legal by the parents and the teacher. When the child becomes a teenager, the parents and the teachers pull the teen's pubic and armpit hairs in front of the entire class/ in public.
Largest Metropolitans In ROM
Henesys
Leafre
Ludi
Perion
Kerning City
Ellinia
Lith Harbor
Nautilius
Ariant
Magatia
El Nath
Rien
Ereve
New Leaf City
Crimsonwood Keep
Orbis
Oros
Cras
Kokonia
Moonplace

DEFCON: 5 4 3 2 1 0
Economic Left/Right: +8.77
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +3.67

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Ausgebombt wrote:Disobedient children are shot.

I take it you do not have any children then, it is in the nature of children to misbehave occasionally to find out where the bounds of acceptable behavior are. And light but firm discipline is all that is required to correct this.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

JJ Place
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby JJ Place » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Spanking a child is child abuse. Child Abuse is illegal in JJ Place, and serious consequences are placed in order to ensure for the security of all children in JJ Place.
The price of cheese is eternal Vignotte.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Seperate Vermont wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Canadai wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Seperate Vermont wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Seperate Vermont wrote:
New Nicksyllvania wrote:

Any examples that works?

Basically it creates a level of disrespect for those considered "children" in the face of this newfound authority over their lives. Almost a more authoritarian upbringing leads to a constricted, emontionally shocked case that can stay throughout a person's life.

Okay that made sooooooooooooo much sense that my head nearly exploded - your "theory" is flawed in so many levels on both practical and theoretical side, perhaps you should try again.

Oakhurst Island
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oakhurst Island » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:19 pm

Mild corporal punishment of minors is perfectly legal in the Commonwealth.

Krsta
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:29 pm

Harming any other person is strictly illegal in the Republic of Krsta and the legal guardian of a person which still did not self - determine for full independence and citizenship of the Republic, will be sent to rehab and he will loose the right ever again to apply to be a legal guardian. However, if person is abused and thinks it doesn't have any personal freedoms, he can change that extremely and get all personal freedoms, by just going to a institution for applying for citizenship and do everything in just a few hours. Officials simply don't care are you 2 or 115, the only thing you need to do is to read "Convention on rights and responsibilities of the citizen", sign it and agree to it, prove that you are mentally ill and do the Oath of citizenship.

Oakhurst Island
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Oakhurst Island » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Yeah...here's a nation whose leaders have no children.

My friend, the concept behind spanking is that light, but firm discipline is applied in addition to verbal reprimands in an effort to enforce a responsible mindset in the child.

Krsta
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Oakhurst Island wrote:

Yeah...here's a nation whose leaders have no children.

My friend, the concept behind spanking is that light, but firm discipline is applied in addition to verbal reprimands in an effort to enforce a responsible mindset in the child.

And discipline means learning someone to obey someone other? Isn't it going back to slavery? Frankly, I would never teach my child to behave like a slave, especially not enslaved by me :eyebrow:

Oakhurst Island
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Oakhurst Island » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:48 pm

Krsta wrote:And discipline means learning someone to obey someone other? Isn't it going back to slavery? Frankly, I would never teach my child to behave like a slave, especially not enslaved by me :eyebrow:

No, it does not if you use it properly, because you spank them to reinforce them against potentially harmful ideas, like sticking a fork in to a low lying wall outlet, or throwing things at people when they are mad. This is not slavery, it is common sense.

Is part of it obedience? Yes, it is, because they live in the parent's household, where the parent makes the rules.

If they are raised to feel it is permissible to do any damn thing they please, to break any rules, what cause or desire is there to obey the law when maturity has come and they are now out by themselves?

~ President Alyssa Brigstocke
Last edited by Oakhurst Island on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tersanctus
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Tersanctus » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:11 am

There are several attitudes amongst the various cultures of Tersanctus in regards to 'Chid Abuse' versus discipline.

Forangentan Majority - These are the vast majority of the citizenry, indeed the native population. A child is raised with the utmost sense of honor and respect for the family. His failings are the failings of all, simply hitting a child who has failed is viewed as a sign of weakness and incompetence on the part of the parent. However a disrespectful or rebellious child may fall under the 'open palm' rule, as long as you do not strike repeatedly or with a fist its generally considered a form of discipline. Cases of assault or actual abuse coming to the government are rare, usually because tight-knit families will handle the situations themselves, such as an uncle taking a niece or nephew in from an abusive parent, while an intervention is formed to counsel them. Only in failed interventions will the case be handed over to officials. High degree of social contact between family usually assures signs of abuse coming to light.

Sanctan Minority - The descendent's of the Roman occupation and more or less the ruling class. They maintain a distinct blend of European culture with Tersanctan religious and cultural practices. Lesser degree of family cohesiveness, and more of a individual based raising. Children are rarely abused, however the cases coming forward to officials in much higher in percentage in comparison to the Forangetan Majority.

Various immigrant sub-cultures: Tersanctan culture tends to lean towards integration rather then absorption. That is the attitudes and beliefs of alien cultures become part of the whole, rather then the individuals losing their culture and background by the third and fourth generation, as is common in American and European cultures. For this reason the attitudes between what constitutes abuse or discipline is literally as varied as the cultures in the world itself.

Federal Republic Legal Definition: The specific statute against abuse includes neglect, verbal, emotional, physical and mental abuse. Physical abuse prohibits the 'needless' assault of a child. This has been argued in many cases as being vague, however, one strike with an open palm is generally considered the limit that a parent may strike a child and only in cases of discipline. Use of objects such as 'switches', whips, etc. Or anything that can be constituted as a weapon is assault, and therefore abuse, no matter what the case. First time offenders are required to attend year long anger management and therapy sessions three times a week before they are allowed contact with their children again. Second time offenders are no longer allowed contact with the children until they reach the age of majority (16, universal), whether prison time is given is determined by the severity of the situation as many of these parents are goaded into striking by the children themselves simply for revenge or desire to leave the homestead.

Unlike the underfunded foster and childcare programs of other countries where children can often enter into worse homes then in the one they reside in, the social program is if anything, overfunded, heavily regulated, and backed by the monolithic Shang Shao Temple. Background checks, weekly inspections, and vast network of homes open by the Forangentan Majority, who culturally see helping their neighbors, especially children, as their duty and an honor, virtually guarantee that no abused child is ever outside a constructive, loving environment for long. Even after the age of majority has been reached the parent is still legally obligated to finance the childs schooling if he so wishes until the completion of school, or the age of twenty five, whichever comes first.

In cases of incarcerated or deceased parents, the government will assume the brunt of schooling costs (usually all), with proof of passing grades each semester.

Lenirea
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenirea » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:43 am

Chairman Aeran said, " The child needs to be educated by the whole community; Spanking is the uncivilized way---it must not be done. A child must be taught to think independently; a good child is not a child who listens to his parents. Goodness cannot be taught, but badness in a child must be corrected. "
Last edited by Lenirea on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Soviet Republic of Lenirea(SRL)
Factbook

Voek
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Voek » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:51 am

We cut a finger off instead of spanking.
suspended

Gwarmos
Envoy

Founded: May 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gwarmos » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:59 am

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Voek wrote:We cut a finger off instead of spanking.

What do you do if they have no fingers left?

I guess toes, then hands, then feet, forearms, shins, arms, thighs....

I suspect there is a large minority of human torso's abound in his nation, and an alarming amount of nubby stubby persons :blink:

Sound the horn and call the cry:
How many of them can we make die?

Jankenjin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jankenjin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:30 am

Spanking isn't a very practical form of corporal punishment when you have a large, rather thick tail growing out of your rump.
Yes, we have a Factbook, for all those odd facts about this bunch of weird aliens.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:32 am

Jankenjin wrote:Spanking isn't a very practical form of corporal punishment when you have a large, rather thick tail growing out of your rump.

Oh, your population are rat-like? Also, do you remember me?
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Jankenjin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jankenjin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:01 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
Jankenjin wrote:Spanking isn't a very practical form of corporal punishment when you have a large, rather thick tail growing out of your rump.

More kangaroo-like, and we're having a hard time placing you. Were you in the IPPETASP thread at one point?
Yes, we have a Factbook, for all those odd facts about this bunch of weird aliens.

Living Freedom Land
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Living Freedom Land » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:13 am

Spanking is perfectly legal, and highly utilized, in Living Freedom Land. Just like the parental right to choose your child's school, the right to discipline is protected in the Free Land.
fnord

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:17 am

Jankenjin wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:

More kangaroo-like, and we're having a hard time placing you. Were you in the IPPETASP thread at one point?

Yes, but the majority of the population are human. Evolution may get the better of us, though.
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Southrons United
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Southrons United » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:18 am

Yes it is legal

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information