NATION

PASSWORD

Factbook Templates | Wiki-style

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:32 pm

While I already use Ateria's military templates, it is refreshing to see some new military template there, as some of the ones there are quite old. While yours seems to be more for customization, and will be hard to use for those, who just like to fill in a form, it has a great potential. (In fact, perhaps you could update the list of examples of your leader template in other nation factbooks?)
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Soleanna
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Soleanna » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:34 pm

I appreciate the feedback! heh, the military template is old as Sol-Nippon, It's one of those templates I've made yet hadn't bothered to publish right away... on the other note, you're right about my templates designed to be customized by the user, which add to the uniqueness of everyone's factbook rather than just a dull identical-looking factbook as the next person.

Lastly, yeah it's been a while since I've updated the references for my templates. I've received an influx of mentions over the past month, so I'll dig through them later to add a newer generation of references.
Last edited by Soleanna on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • NS Stats are not used
  • Soleanna's name was derived from Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, although not much else is relative to the game, besides symbolic tributes.
  • All graphics were designed by myself, if not modified to my liking. Using my graphics requires prior consent.
  • The World Assembly is the actual tyrant here, stripping nations of their sovereign rights | ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ[WA = Tyranny]

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:24 pm

tag

Leavell
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Leavell » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Replying to this post so I can save it for later use :)

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:53 pm

What website did you use for the signature of your Empress Soleanna? I've been looking at different websites but none let me copy the URL of the image for the factbook I've been trying to make.
Last edited by Whitemore on Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★ The Empire of Whitemore ★ - " We will reach the Gates of Heaven!"

The remnants of Humanity set in 2601, 500 years after an alien attack on Terra forced Mankind to flee the planet.

• Loosely based off of several sci fi anime shows, some examples are; Code Geass, Aldnoah Zero and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Whitemoreans whenever a new War Campaign is launched - POV: You're Whitemorean and see a alien

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:10 am

Whitemore wrote:What website did you use for the signature of your Empress Soleanna? I've been looking at different websites but none let me copy the URL of the image for the factbook I've been trying to make.

Personally I saved the image and reuploaded for my character's.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Nevertopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:11 am

So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Black Lives Matter

Whitemore
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Whitemore » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:57 am

Nevertopia wrote:
Whitemore wrote:What website did you use for the signature of your Empress Soleanna? I've been looking at different websites but none let me copy the URL of the image for the factbook I've been trying to make.

Personally I saved the image and reuploaded for my character's.

Yeah, I used to do that with some of my older nations but decided to make it harder for me this time around. Luckily I did find a good website that makes signatures.
★ The Empire of Whitemore ★ - " We will reach the Gates of Heaven!"

The remnants of Humanity set in 2601, 500 years after an alien attack on Terra forced Mankind to flee the planet.

• Loosely based off of several sci fi anime shows, some examples are; Code Geass, Aldnoah Zero and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Whitemoreans whenever a new War Campaign is launched - POV: You're Whitemorean and see a alien

Napoleonic Europa
Envoy

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Napoleonic Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:33 am

Soleanna wrote:I appreciate the feedback! heh, the military template is old as Sol-Nippon, It's one of those templates I've made yet hadn't bothered to publish right away... on the other note, you're right about my templates designed to be customized by the user, which add to the uniqueness of everyone's factbook rather than just a dull identical-looking factbook as the next person.

Lastly, yeah it's been a while since I've updated the references for my templates. I've received an influx of mentions over the past month, so I'll dig through them later to add a newer generation of references.

Seems your template ended up being more popular than mine. Not sure if you remember me, but I'm something of a character template creator myself. I think I was the first one to use a chart in the sidebar. Your's is certainly better though, now that it's been a few years.

N A P O L E O N I C E U R O P A
There's been an attempt on Morgane Bonaparte's life

A nation that describes a victorious France taking control of Europe after the Napoleonic Wars and into the modern times. The population is 798 million and sprawls over most of Western and Central Europe. Due to a recent coup d'etat, Morgane Bonaparte has taken the throne. Though technically a Republic, the Tribunat has allowed a Bonaparte every time since 1804, effectively making it an absolute monarchy.

Soleanna
Diplomat

Postby Soleanna » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:31 pm

Sorry people, I'm not as active as I was back then on NS. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns. It's best to send it to me as a telegram.

Additionally, you may message me on discord.
Lancelot#5931

Napoleonic Europa wrote:
Soleanna wrote:I appreciate the feedback! heh, the military template is old as Sol-Nippon, It's one of those templates I've made yet hadn't bothered to publish right away... on the other note, you're right about my templates designed to be customized by the user, which add to the uniqueness of everyone's factbook rather than just a dull identical-looking factbook as the next person.

Seems your template ended up being more popular than mine. Not sure if you remember me, but I'm something of a character template creator myself. I think I was the first one to use a chart in the sidebar. Your's is certainly better though, now that it's been a few years.

Of course, I remember you! Long time, no see it's been quite some time. I'm honestly surprised how popular it got, I wasn't expecting too much out of it. But here it is now. I wouldn't necessarily say mines is better, it's just more in-line with the modern aesthetic.
Last edited by Soleanna on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soleanna
Diplomat

Postby Soleanna » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am

Announcement
Templates with sidebars "infobox" have had their code revised
[floatright][box] tag has been replaced with [sidebar] tag.

What to Expect
  • No longer need to resize pictures beforehand, it'll automatically scale-to-fit
Special thanks to the Harmonic_Empire for sharing their insight
Last edited by Soleanna on Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Demerang
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Demerang » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:16 am

These are some great templates! Thanks for posting them!
The Everlasting State Demerang
"Send It Down! Take It Back!
PMT-MT
Coptic
and Arabic

Nevertopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:19 am

Soleanna wrote:Announcement
Templates with sidebars "infobox" have had their code revised
[floatright][box] have been replaced with the [sidebar] tag.

What to Expect
  • No longer need to resize pictures beforehand, it'll automatically scale-to-fit
Special thanks to the Harmonic_Empire for sharing their insight

nice. will update immediately.
Black Lives Matter

Soleanna
Diplomat

Postby Soleanna » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:56 am

Announcement
All templates have had their sidebar template code revised, due to an update made by the NS administration

Anything along the lines [below] have either been removed/seperated from the [table] tag or have ['td][/td'] tag added.
Code: Select all
[table=plain][tr][hr][/tr]
[table=plain][tr]text[/tr]

I've updated all blank dispatch version of the template, forum [raw] code will be updated shortly

What to Expect
  • Template aesthetic will remain the same
Special thanks to [violet] for forcing me to clean my code up
:hug:
Last edited by Soleanna on Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • NS Stats are not used
  • Soleanna's name was derived from Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, although not much else is relative to the game, besides symbolic tributes.
  • All graphics were designed by myself, if not modified to my liking. Using my graphics requires prior consent.
  • The World Assembly is the actual tyrant here, stripping nations of their sovereign rights | ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ[WA = Tyranny]

North Rom
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

NS Wiki Factbook Template

Postby North Rom » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:58 pm

Thank you for making this. I was looking all over for this because I remember this being very popular a few years ago.

Soleanna
Diplomat

Postby Soleanna » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:25 am

North Rom wrote:Thank you for making this. I was looking all over for this because I remember this being very popular a few years ago.

Of course! :blush:
  • NS Stats are not used

Cokoland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cokoland » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:28 am

I really needed this
My factbooks used to look horrible thanks for introducing how to make them look better to me
insert signature here

Nevertopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:05 pm

hey Soleanna just wanted to let you know my leader factbook has been updated and ready for use as one of your examples.
Black Lives Matter

Valacentinarchme
Civilian

Founded: Nov 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Valacentinarchme » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:01 pm

Tag

GrosseresNordland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby GrosseresNordland » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:07 pm

Do you provide a monarchy overview template?

Soleanna
Diplomat

Postby Soleanna » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Cokoland wrote:I really needed this
My factbooks used to look horrible thanks for introducing how to make them look better to me

Of course!

Nevertopia wrote:hey Soleanna just wanted to let you know my leader factbook has been updated and ready for use as one of your examples.

Got it! I've updated the reference list to include your factbook.

Additionally, anyone else interested in submitting their leader factbook? Looking for completed examples or enough that it doesn't look [wip].

GrosseresNordland wrote:Do you provide a monarchy overview template?

I assume you mean a nation overview? Refer here
  • NS Stats are not used

Kongfuzia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kongfuzia » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:02 pm

I notice that you use "-" symbol as the new line, I think it Is because the factbook only allows one instance of " " (regular space), right?

I suggest to use "⠀" (braille space), the factbook allows more than one instance of it.

See also: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E2%A0%80
前進 らㄏ 孔夫子亜!

~~~部 外交~~~
~~~孔夫子亜~~~

Soleanna
Diplomat

Postby Soleanna » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Kongfuzia wrote:I notice that you use "-" symbol as the new line, I think it Is because the factbook only allows one instance of " " (regular space), right?

I suggest to use "⠀" (braille space), the factbook allows more than one instance of it.

See also: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E2%A0%80

Ooo, interesting. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look at implementing that
  • NS Stats are not used

Nevertopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:15 am

Soleanna wrote:
Cokoland wrote:I really needed this

Of course!

Nevertopia wrote:hey Soleanna just wanted to let you know my leader factbook has been updated and ready for use as one of your examples.

Got it! I've updated the reference list to include your factbook.

Additionally, anyone else interested in submitting their leader factbook? Looking for completed examples or enough that it doesn't look [wip].

GrosseresNordland wrote:Do you provide a monarchy overview template?

I assume you mean a nation overview? Refer here

What an honor! I'd like to thank the academy, my fans and my personal diety on this momentous occasion!
Black Lives Matter

Holcia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Holcia » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:38 pm

Tag
The True Republic Of Holcia
“Conservatism, Patriotism, Unification”
ɯsᴉlɐʇᴉdɐƆ is cool

PreviousNext

Advertisement