NATION

PASSWORD

Creating Your Own Everything Mk. V

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:02 am

Husseinarti wrote:(Image)

san-silvacian army garrison uniform

he is built like a redwood tree

dress, garrison:

summer/tropical garrison:

tropical dress is the same as the other dress, but the palette is switched and officers wear white while rankers wear khaki

it can be worn during summer months and is only mandatory in tropical overseas locations, mostly so imperialist arrogance/haughtiness can be maintained

i havent decided the significance of the tie aka the Type D/E dichotomy; perhaps it's just a thing for the RSM to decide depending on his mood that week

Husseinarti wrote:(Image)

ZK-383
M1917 Enfield
BM-59
BM-59 w/ a 1x optic
FN Model D
Model 1860 Calvary Saber
Spontoon

ive already drawn the Bren, Hi-Power, and AG-42 if you want to add those

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/653 ... orical.png

Korva wrote:
Estovnia wrote:(Image)

no black lines looks considerably better in 1px:1cm

Looks fine in flamscale, just do them darker.

wyts only

hence https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/653 ... fantry.png
Last edited by Gallan Systems on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
And yet they came out to the stars not just with their lusts and their hatred and their fears, but with their technology and their medicine, their heroes as well as their villains. Most of the races of the galaxy had been painted by the Creator in pastels; Men were primaries.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

EsToVnIa
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:27 am

Korva wrote:

no black lines looks considerably better in 1px:1cm

Looks fine in flamscale, just do them darker.

how much darker do you think
Most Heavenly State/Khamgiin Tengerleg Uls

Weeaboo Gassing Land wrote:Also, rev up the gas chambers.

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:CUNT

12:02:02 AM <Tarsas> premislyd is my spirit animal tbh

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:28 am

dark enough i dont need a CRT to make out the lines
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
And yet they came out to the stars not just with their lusts and their hatred and their fears, but with their technology and their medicine, their heroes as well as their villains. Most of the races of the galaxy had been painted by the Creator in pastels; Men were primaries.

EsToVnIa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:35 am

should all the lines be darker, or just the outline

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:43 am

The outline is the darkest.

I use three lines, and four or five colours. First colour is the baseline, which represents "neutral" light. The second colour is the light shadow, which is areas of overhang that don't necessarily denote breaks in fabric, such as flaps of pockets or jacket openings, but might be used to accent such breaks. The third colour is heavy shadow, which is used for overhangs, like underneath pouches on modular vests, and the curvature of vests along the outer torso. The fourth colour is the outline, which is the darkest colour and occasionally used for shading, but mostly for denoting breaks such as outlines equipment, very large wrinkles in clothing, etc. A fifth colour is brighter than the base, which I use for shiny things which may be round, like penises and metal tubes.

The lines for a vest typically start with the outline, dark shadow, and light shadow. Then the base colour fills. The base colour should be slightly darker than the camouflage (treat as a very, very minor shade), since this makes it a lot easier to "cut out" from palettes, but that is probably obvious.

The colours should be fairly obvious here.

EsToVnIa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:45 am

yes that actually helps quite a lot, thank you

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:16 pm

How fragile are lava lamps? Like how horrible an idea would it be to build one into a novelty rifle stock?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Purpelia wrote:How fragile are lava lamps? Like how horrible an idea would it be to build one into a novelty rifle stock?

As fragile as most thin walled glass bottles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC8MJSLrFaQ

You could use tihciker/stronger glass/material but then you would have to beef up the light, particularly in regard to heat output. Doign this obvious palces a fairly big power demand and will make the stock pretty damned hot.

in short its not a goer.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:26 pm

:(

Alright, plan B. What about having it as a fixture inside tanks and IFV's? Basically it's like the equivalent of fuzzy dice only this one plugs in where your boiling vessel would.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Polosnia
Envoy

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Polosnia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Purpelia wrote::(

Alright, plan B. What about having it as a fixture inside tanks and IFV's? Basically it's like the equivalent of fuzzy dice only this one plugs in where your boiling vessel would.

Don't you want minimal heat for a what's a vehicle and a small space? Get a beer cooler instead or something.
https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=-3.88&soc=-1.03

Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.03
Partner of LETA , Co-founder of the UPN

The Polosnian National Anthem

Polosnia OOC is politically incorrect, and proud.

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Disco is dead.

Western Weyard
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Weyard » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:00 pm

Polosnia wrote:

Don't you want minimal heat for a what's a vehicle and a small space? Get a beer cooler instead or something.

If you do it right, you don't even need an extra beer cooler.
On the Leo 2, the filters for the NBC protection system/air conditioning have the exact same size as a 24-can rack of beer cans.
Current Director of Science & Development and Senior Member of the International Space Federation
Mefpan wrote:I'd rather have them throw the region into shit zone than have Erdogan strap rocket boosters to his country and Wernher von Braun it there and damn the obstacles.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Gallan Systems wrote:

Disco is dead.

No! Disco will newer die!

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:00 pm

5' 6" male dummy with size M helmet, size S vest, and the redrawn rifleman IIFS + ALICE web belt

Paragania
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Paragania » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:25 pm

"Once a great monument to the Kadren Republic, the Bridgeway super highway was once used by the Kadren citizens to travel from the capitol of Satodi to the city of Mournstead. Spanning over 3,750 miles long, the Bridgeway super highway was built to last for hundreds of years, unfortunately after the Osthmoorian revolution and nuclear war, time and war lay waste to the super highway, damaging and leaving behind thousands of cars and trucks, coupled with sandstorms covering large sections of it with sand and further deteriorating what remained of it. According to some experts, legend tells of what appears to have been a great traffic jam that extended for miles on end, forcing people to abandon their cars and move on foot, other things that might have caused this were massive evacuations during war time, perhaps before the nuclear war. Lawless criminals, fugitives, militiamen, terrorists and other scum are supposedly said to travel and loot on the highway, due to the intact valuables and belongings within the abandoned vehicles. Thus, routine patrols by drone and manned aircraft can commonly be seen. In the photo above, an AG-55D Tempest attack gunship flies over part of the highway and inspects the site below."

Here's a scene that was inspired by a part of the Top Gear Burma special, where they traveled down a massive 20 lane highway built for the future, rather than having to rebuild it for each generation. It was so empty, they could stop and have a game of football in the middle of it, as well as drag race. I thought it would be a fun scene to do, although now that I look at it, the desert is still too empty looking.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Actual feedback would be helpful

Paragania wrote:(Image)
"Once a great monument to the Kadren Republic, the Bridgeway super highway was once used by the Kadren citizens to travel from the capitol of Satodi to the city of Mournstead. Spanning over 3,750 miles long, the Bridgeway super highway was built to last for hundreds of years, unfortunately after the Osthmoorian revolution and nuclear war, time and war lay waste to the super highway, damaging and leaving behind thousands of cars and trucks, coupled with sandstorms covering large sections of it with sand and further deteriorating what remained of it. According to some experts, legend tells of what appears to have been a great traffic jam that extended for miles on end, forcing people to abandon their cars and move on foot, other things that might have caused this were massive evacuations during war time, perhaps before the nuclear war. Lawless criminals, fugitives, militiamen, terrorists and other scum are supposedly said to travel and loot on the highway, due to the intact valuables and belongings within the abandoned vehicles. Thus, routine patrols by drone and manned aircraft can commonly be seen. In the photo above, an AG-55D Tempest attack gunship flies over part of the highway and inspects the site below."

Here's a scene that was inspired by a part of the Top Gear Burma special, where they traveled down a massive 20 lane highway built for the future, rather than having to rebuild it for each generation. It was so empty, they could stop and have a game of football in the middle of it, as well as drag race. I thought it would be a fun scene to do, although now that I look at it, the desert is still too empty looking.

Pretty cool, even if one car crashing would spell disaster
Last edited by Fordorsia on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:33 pm

is this like post apocalyptic eritrea?

Rhodesialund
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesialund » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:24 pm

SNIP

For a minute I thought those specks were zombies. :p
Name: Valintina/Tina
Bio: President Donald Trump's Concubine

Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:17 pm

Fordorsia wrote:Actual feedback would be helpful

[img=http://orig06.deviantart.net/8c59/f/2016/174/e/0/fordorsia_heavy_pursuit_car_by_airborneleaf-da7ds33.png][/img]

It seems extremely tall, and the door, being so very straight, seems a bit odd. If nothing else it should probably sit lower. As it stands, the hood of the sucker is taller than most trucks and the tires are massive, and this is supposed to be a "pursuit car."
The whole thing just looks rather awkward, overall.

It might help to do some shading/detail work
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:12 am

Pharthan wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:Actual feedback would be helpful

[img=http://orig06.deviantart.net/8c59/f/2016/174/e/0/fordorsia_heavy_pursuit_car_by_airborneleaf-da7ds33.png][/img]

It seems extremely tall, and the door, being so very straight, seems a bit odd. If nothing else it should probably sit lower. As it stands, the hood of the sucker is taller than most trucks and the tires are massive, and this is supposed to be a "pursuit car."
The whole thing just looks rather awkward, overall.

It might help to do some shading/detail work

I imagined it being more in service with with Fordorsia Rural Guard, so well outside any city limits. I guess that's where speed would be more important, while still being good off road. Hence the large engine and wheels, I dunno.

What's wrong with the door being as it is?
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

EsToVnIa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:58 pm

This better or should i make it darker?

Husseinarti
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Husseinarti » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:02 am

This better or should i make it darker?

Deutsch demokratik revolution
Bash the fash, neopup the neo-cons, crotale the commies, and super entendard socialists

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:42 pm

A month or two ago, Pharthan question on the visual problems my Task Force ranks for my novel would have. So I decided to look over them and see what I could do.
Here is something I devised that might work.

I decided to start with the NCOs. Despite not having any visial problems, I did question the number of ranks I had. Like a Police force, this Paramilitary would not need a great number of NCOs like an army, and even within national Navies and Air Forces,their are a limited number:

First row are Standard epaulettes; Second are working dress/combat/jumpsuit sleeves; finally chest pins.

This is where Pharthan pointed out most of the problems. So with some ranks that would have a mix up. I added Bars to the directing ranks on the epaulettes (first row), and the Operational Commander rank has a star on the sleeve ranks (second row).

I also decided to make chest pins based off the Japanese Police Force, which I find personally appealing (third row).

Overall, I might replace the working dress/sleeve insignias, or perhaps combine them with the chest pins.
Last edited by Celritannia on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Heavonia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Heavonia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Celritannia wrote:...would not need a great number of NCOs like an army...

And yet there's 8 enlisted ranks? The British Army has 7, while the British Police Services have 2.
I am the personification of Perfidious Albion...
Heavonian Embassy Thread
Heavonian Factbook

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:59 pm

Heavonia wrote:
Celritannia wrote:...would not need a great number of NCOs like an army...

And yet there's 8 enlisted ranks? The British Army has 7, while the British Police Services have 2.

I did not say I based it off the British army, did I? XD

Plus, Specialists are equal, while having different positions.
So really there are 5 NCOs with one split into grades.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information