NATION

PASSWORD

The Atlasian Regional Geographic Society [Atlas only]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:35 pm

The High Lords wrote:
Roski wrote:
No - I'm putting it against Bratislav's numbers. It's ok to have slightly larger or bigger.

Basically, the founder of the region has set the rate, I'm just following it. But if you use Earth's numbers, that means I need to do earth's pixels as well, which means a drawing of earth done exactly the way the current regional map has been done - which just isn't that easy to do.

well not really

pixels counted / total pixels in map (3m) = X%

X% x 196M (I think) = size in sq mi

I don't go back to school until tomorrow, I'm doing enough math as it is Q-Q
Besides, there are complaints about map size - I'm intending to adjust map size by editing how much land is present in a pixel.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

The High Lords
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lords » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Roski wrote:
The High Lords wrote:

well not really

pixels counted / total pixels in map (3m) = X%

X% x 196M (I think) = size in sq mi

Besides, there are complaints about map size - I'm intending to adjust map size by editing how much land is present in a pixel.

how do you do that...?
----------------
---------------
----------------
Learning Swedish now!
I want to learn:
Italian
Irish
Scots
Being politically correct is so 2010
#Bernie

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:43 pm

The High Lords wrote:
Roski wrote:

how do you do that...?

You take the ratio (60.88sqkm/p) and you bump up the ratio number, like (62.98sqkm/p)

There's no mathmatics involved, just all of the land would have to be recalculated.

Basically, we take Cydonia's land (17 8,831,983sqkm (145072)), the we up it (I'll use that second ratio, the 8.8m is by 60.88, and by 62.98/p, it becomes 9,136,635sq km)

Basically the ratio changes because someone said so.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

The High Lords
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lords » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Roski wrote:
The High Lords wrote:
how do you do that...?

You take the ratio (60.88sqkm/p) and you bump up the ratio number, like (62.98sqkm/p)

There's no mathmatics involved, just all of the land would have to be recalculated.

Basically, we take Cydonia's land (17 8,831,983sqkm (145072)), the we up it (I'll use that second ratio, the 8.8m is by 60.88, and by 62.98/p, it becomes 9,136,635sq km)

oh
that's basically what i was saying to do
but my way has less error

and why would you make the map bigger? baaaaaad :P
----------------
---------------
----------------
Learning Swedish now!
I want to learn:
Italian
Irish
Scots
#Bernie

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:47 pm

The High Lords wrote:
Roski wrote:

oh
that's basically what i was saying to do
but my way has less error

and why would you make the map bigger? baaaaaad :P

People are complaining about land sizes (albeit I'm with them in the complaints), so this way we can make land bigger without having to do anything drastic like adding a whole new continent, or changing the map completely.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:49 pm

List update now in progress. Going to go and try to get through 80 done.

Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Roski wrote:List update now in progress. Going to go and try to get through 80 done.

kurwa

would you mind doing me at 82?
Sorry for the spelling mistake in my name.
ICly, I am the Vilats Union | IIWiki

Join Atlas!
You can call me Alev.
Neutral Good
QUOTES
Kouralia wrote:You're in a man of war. Screw 'main efforts' and 'objectives'; sail around and look like a badass mother-fucker and sing sea shanties.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:
Roski wrote:List update now in progress. Going to go and try to get through 80 done.

kurwa

would you mind doing me at 82?

Da, give me a moment :3

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:25 pm

Added plot 111 (Lueypola) to list.

Ideos
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideos » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:45 pm

An important thing to discuss here, and a helpful thing to look at, would be a list and map of all mountains, rivers, lakes, and the like in the region. I could assist in coming up with names for the terrain in Buralia, if you'd like. :)
“Men did not love Rome because she was great. She was great because they had loved her."
-Gilbert K. Chesterson

The High Lords
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lords » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Ideos wrote:An important thing to discuss here, and a helpful thing to look at, would be a list and map of all mountains, rivers, lakes, and the like in the region. I could assist in coming up with names for the terrain in Buralia, if you'd like. :)

That'd be good.

I could do some things for Sempit.
----------------
---------------
----------------
Learning Swedish now!
I want to learn:
Italian
Irish
Scots
#Bernie

Lzherusskia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lzherusskia » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Oh, this is a very smart thread. Plot #11 puts me mid-way between India and Argentina in terms of area, that I can absolutely work with, and the population density is still pretty low to go with it. There are a few notable geographic features in Lzherusskia, if you want to go ahead with that.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Hmm. First of all, huge thanks to Roski for pulling together areas.

Second, I would love to put together a more detailed map of the continents. If you all want to pencil in rivers, lakes, mountains, etc. into a 2:1 scaled up picture of your plot, I can put together a detailed map.

EDIT: The plots in the OP should be up to date now.
Last edited by The Nation of Ceneria on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:24 pm

The Nation of Ceneria wrote:Hmm. First of all, huge thanks to Roski for pulling together areas.

Second, I would love to put together a more detailed map of the continents. If you all want to pencil in rivers, lakes, mountains, etc. into a 2:1 scaled up picture of your plot, I can put together a detailed map.

EDIT: The plots in the OP should be up to date now.

I'll need halp soon

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:24 pm

Using GIMP's histogram, without counting borders, and with Roski's 60.88 sqkm/px, I'm at 1.073.436,16 km2.

That would be #29 IRL.
Last edited by Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Join Atlas!
You can call me Alev.
Neutral Good
QUOTES
Kouralia wrote:You're in a man of war. Screw 'main efforts' and 'objectives'; sail around and look like a badass mother-fucker and sing sea shanties.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:58 pm

thanks Roski :)
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:Using GIMP's histogram, without counting borders, and with Roski's 60.88 sqkm/px, I'm at 1.073.436,16 km2.

That would be #29 IRL.

what number are you on the map?

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Roski wrote:
Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:Using GIMP's histogram, without counting borders, and with Roski's 60.88 sqkm/px, I'm at 1.073.436,16 km2.

That would be #29 IRL.

Join Atlas!
You can call me Alev.
Neutral Good
QUOTES

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:37 pm

Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:
Roski wrote:

How many pixels did you have?

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Roski wrote:
Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:82.

How many pixels did you have?

17632, not counting the borderlines.

Join Atlas!
You can call me Alev.
Neutral Good
QUOTES

Lzherusskia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lzherusskia » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:21 pm

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... zqu7hY.png

It's not a good drawing, but here you have the major Lzher cities and geographical features. The Prodaryn Sea is the Lzher name for that body of area, no more.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Ideos wrote:An important thing to discuss here, and a helpful thing to look at, would be a list and map of all mountains, rivers, lakes, and the like in the region. I could assist in coming up with names for the terrain in Buralia, if you'd like. :)

The inland sea next to me is the Sesmeronian Sea, as determined on page 3 or something.

Join Atlas!
You can call me Alev.
Neutral Good
QUOTES

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:24 am

All curente plots have been updated.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:52 am

For the discussion on how to improve the map:

my view is that we should combine some of the island groups/make something jsut north of them for a new continent to minimise disruption. I'd also add some stuff to Sempit (that has been the view of several nations there) along with Buralia, and possibly make another continent either NW of Cetlaso or NW of Curente.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:50 pm

I was bored, and I remembered the poll about the map, so I made this.

For those who weren't on the RMB when I announced this, what do you think?
Last edited by New Kvenland on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information