NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation [NO MECHS] Tranche 7

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:16 am

San-Silvacian wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:(Image)

I some how ended up transforming my Kage Hyo into.... Super Merkava?

that moment an rpg-2 kills your tank from the rear.

It's supposed to be super cramped, so it reduces the volume needed to be protected. Plus, that is a heavy duty door, really heavy duty.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:18 am

Oaledonia wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:
that moment an rpg-2 kills your tank from the rear.

It's supposed to be super cramped, so it reduces the volume needed to be protected. Plus, that is a heavy duty door, really heavy duty.

Could use more stupid amounts of bolt on armor
Last edited by Padnak on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

Allmann
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Allmann » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:51 am

Finished tracks, thanks to Risen Britannia's tracks.
Now to add detailing and other stuff, any opinions? Any glaring errors?

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:53 am

Allmann wrote:Any glaring errors?

It isn't Western.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:55 am

Korva wrote:
The Greater Luthorian Empire wrote:Brofist.

The Oplot-M really is a cool looking tank. I just hate the digital camo the Thais slapped on it :/

I just use solid green on every vehicle so no worries about fugly digital camo from me.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Oaledonia wrote:

It isn't Western.

*twitching intensifies*

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Allmann
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Allmann » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Oaledonia wrote:

It isn't Western.

I can make it more western if I stick a NATO 120 mm gun like on the T-84 Yatagan.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Allmann wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:It isn't Western.

I can make it more western if I stick a NATO 120 mm gun like on the T-84 Yatagan.

Just make sure it doesn't end up looking like a T-84 Yatagan

ugly tank

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:I kind of want to design my own tank, but I feel like the Oplot-M that I'm already using is good enough. I also kind of want to use the Merkava IV instead of the Oplot-M but I don't feel like that would give me much of a real advantage over the Oplot-M either.

I feel like if I did design my own tank it would esentially be a Merkava though because my nation has similar defensive requirements to Israel and would have to fight in similar terrain in a defensive war, just spread out over a larger area.

Just do what I did. Throw a 140mm on it and a retarded amount of applique.
Unreachable.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:I kind of want to design my own tank, but I feel like the Oplot-M that I'm already using is good enough. I also kind of want to use the Merkava IV instead of the Oplot-M but I don't feel like that would give me much of a real advantage over the Oplot-M either.

I feel like if I did design my own tank it would esentially be a Merkava though because my nation has similar defensive requirements to Israel and would have to fight in similar terrain in a defensive war, just spread out over a larger area.

That would lead to limited ammunition though.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Allmann
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Allmann » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Padnak wrote:
Allmann wrote:

Just make sure it doesn't end up looking like a T-84 Yatagan

ugly tank

I will not, do not worry.
I like the M-95 Degman aesthetic and will stick with it, may add some ERA armour on the front half of the tank though.

Yuketobaniac
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuketobaniac » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:30 pm

Anemos Major wrote:(Image)
The fifth HT9A8 prototype vehicle, built for the Army Office of Technological Development and attached to the Second (Rei) Division during its testing period. [Full size here]

(Image)
An HT9A8 1S of the 5th the Guards Brigade of Horse Grenadiers, stationed in northern Duchy Fierei as part of the Fourth (Fierei) Division. [Full-size here.]

(Image)
An HT9A8 1S fitted with UCP (Urban Combat Package) modules. Changes to the base HT9A8 include a thicker forward ERA array, full NERA coverage by lowered and thicker side-skirts, slat armour around the engine block, a 360 degrees camera mounted on the Multipurpose Sensor Mast, the use of a 25mm airburst AGL in the RWS block, modifications to allow wireless communications with infantry within 200m of the vehicle and a universal electronics reacharge point and provisions for the storage of up to 400kg of equipment at the back of the tank. [Full-size here.]

HT9A8 'Istrenyr' - First Standard (Block I) - Main Battle Tank

Designation:
Numerical Designation: HT9A8/IOCY
Name: "Istrenyr" - "Lancer Wyvern"

Key Data:
Crew: 3 (Commander, Gunner, Driver)
Designer: ODT-Milityr (Formatyr 'Yvernyr 2015')
Cost: TBA

Dimensions:
Length:
- Hull: 8.1m
- Gun forwards: 11.3m
Height:
- Turret roof: 2.2m
- Incl. RWS: 2.7m
- Chassis: 1.6m
Width:
- Hull: 3.7m
- w/ SCSP skirts: 4.1m
- w/ SCSP skirts: 4.4m
Weight:
- Base combat: 66,500kg
- w/ SCP applique: 74,800kg
- w/ UCP package: 80,500kg

Propulsion:
Engine: MA.252/mod H2, 20L, electronically-controlled, liquid-cooled, hyperbar, 10 cylinder opposing piston EUI diesel engine
Power: 1,800hp (1,342kW, steady state)
Power/Weight ratio: 27.07hp/tonne
Transmission: FMA MHPT M.550 Semi-Automatic Transmission, epicyclic gearing, hydrokinetic torque conversion, 6 forward/2 reverse gears
Suspension: In-Arm Active Controlled Hydropneumatic
Wheels: 7 road wheels, rear drive (12-tooth sprocket), front idler with 6 return rollers

Performance:
Speed:
- Road: 74kph road speed (electronically governed)
- Reverse (road): 38kph
- Cross-country: 52kph
Operational Range: 490km (internal fuel, road)
Acceleration: 0 to 32kph in 4.8 seconds

Armament:
Main Armament: 128mm SC12.4 55 calibre solid propellant smoothbore cannon, fitted with thermal sleeve and automatic compressed air fume extractor
- Ammunition: 42 rounds, 30 in two-bloc reloadable autoloader magazine (APFSDS/HEDP-MF/GLATGM/MRKE mix)
- Elevation: -9/+15 deg
- Elevation rate: 30 deg/sec
- Traverse: 360 deg
- Traverse rate: 45 deg/sec
Coaxial station (left): 12.7mm MG/H8A3 heavy machinegun (can be replaced by modular block compatible weapons)
- Ammunition: 1200 rounds (12.7x99mm, HEIAP/HEIAP-T mix)
Commander's weapon: 20mm M.30 Automatic Cannon on Powered Remote Weapons System (interchangeable with compatible armaments)
- Ammunition: 800 rounds (20x120mm CTA, APFSDS-T)
- Elevation: -15/+60 deg
- Elevation rate: 40 deg/sec
- Traverse: 300 deg
- Traverse rate: 60 deg/sec
Additional: Mounting point for 1x commander-operated ultralight UAV, left and right turret mounting points for additional armaments
Fire Control: Aoede Digital Fire Control System

Protection:
Armour: Mordens-3 Passive Protection Suite (Standard Combat Protection layout)
- Base: Multiple layer composite (multiple alloy-ceramic), IRHA/Type 7720 Ti-Al alloy base
- Forward Applique: Composite-tiles backed modular EERA array, TiB2/Ti-6Al-4V cover fronting
- Side Applique: 5-section IRHA skirts with mounted composite-tiles backed NERA
- Additional Armour: Top-mounted NERA and distruptive plating, further protection can be added as necessary
Passive Protection Systems: Castel Passive Protection Component
- Sensors: 4 module full-coverage coarse/fine laser detection/missile warning suite, five-unit distributed full-coverage thermal imaging system, secondary coarse thermal signature warning system, 9-faced distributed phased-array pulse doppler radar, acoustic detection sensor, cateye sensor
Active Protection Systems: Castel Active Protection Component
- Soft-kill: 2x E/MY.23 'Astal' Electro-Optical Interference Emitters (one unit on either side of turret), 2x E/MY.303 Independent Infra-Red Jamming units (on topside of turret, fully traversible)
- Hard-kill: 4x aimable MEFP launcher modules, 2x guided KE interceptor arrays (one unit on either side of turret)
NBC: Collective and overpressure protection, compartmentalised auxiliary systems, full vehicular climate control, mast-mounted environmental detector (biological/chemical agents and gamma radiation), EMP hardening
Fire: Pentafluoroethane, automatic (crew compartment), Halon 1301 extinguishing/foam fuel tank self-sealing suite (engine block)
Smoke: 2x 8-barrel, 2x 4-barrel 3-in (76mm) multiple role dischargers, one of each on each turret side, variable autocue, diesel injection into engine exhausts

Sensors:
Primary Gunnery Sight: Eletyr MYR-34 full-stabilisation gunnery sighting suite (Daytime Optical Channel (3x, 10x, 20x three-step optical magnification), 3CCD video daytime channel (default magnification of 3x and 10x with digital magnification up to 20x), 3rd generation staring FLIR (3x, 7.5x (WFOV) 15x, 25x, 50x (NFOV) five-step magnification)
- Laser rangefinder: Eye-safe pulsed CO2 laser rangefinder
- Gunnery aids: Stabilised laser illuminated 3CCD range-gated camera, roof-mounted crosswind sensor, integral muzzle reference sensor
Commander's Independent Sight: Eletyr MYS-404 full-stabilisation independent sighting unit (Daytime Optical Channel (3x, 10x, 20x three-step optical magnification), 3rd generation staring FLIR (3x, 7.5x (WFOV), 15x, 25x (NFOV) four-step magnification)
- PRWS sensors: Daytime 3CCD Video Channel (3x, 10x magnification with digital magnification up to 25x, 2nd generation staring FLIR (3x, 10x, 15x three-step optical magnification with digital magnification up to 30x), eye-safe Nd:YAG laser rangefinder
Elevated Optronics Mast: Eletyr MYR-31 full-stabilisation 3rd generation staring FLIR (3x, 7.5x (WFOV) 15x, 25x, 50x (NFOV) five-step magnification)
Additional sensors/sights:
- Gunner: Auxiliary 8x telescope
- Commander: 5-unit distributed 3CCD vehicular periphery viewing array
- Driver: Observation block (three-block observation periscope to left, centre and right, passive IR-sight, 3CCD camera visuals at fore and aft)

Communications/Networking:
Communications Management: SAIC Combat Networking Suite
Radio: CAGRE (Common Air-Ground Radio Environment) architecture multi-mode VHF/FM (30-150 MHz) radio, CAGRE compliant multi-mode ALE/ALE(3G) HF (1600-29999 kHz) command radio
Networking: Multi-mode UHF IPv4 compliant high capacity data radio, IEEE 802.11 standard ad-hoc E-WLAN, digital broadband connection capability
Battle Management: CombatNet Tactical Battle Networking Framework (WarNet integrated), IEEE L-Band IFF transponder, GPS receiver, IVIS datalink, POS/NAV capability
Protection: Proprietary compression/encryption, dynamic malware protection, EMP hardening (boron carbide shielding, computer hardening (SRAM, depleted boron-coated chip arrays, partial redundancy, error-correcting memory)

HT9A8 Developmental Timeline

- 1971: Directorate of Armaments and Procurement (DAP, now the Army OTD) initiates studies into the development of a deep modernisation package for the HT6A4 Alentyr C Main Battle Tank, then in development.
- 1975: The 120mm armed HT6A5 Alentyr D 'Artal' enters production. The DAP approves the formation of a number of small scale study groups under the auspices of various state arsenals to look into conceptual developments towards an eventual successor for the second generation HT6 series.
- 1978: A full scale development group is established under Section 2 of the DAP's Land Warfare Office to develop the HT6A6 upgrade package for the Alentyr D.
- 1979: Senior members of the DAP go on record as having serious reservations about plans to retain the HT6 as a mainline battle tank into the 1980s.
- 1980: Direct intervention by the Chief of the Army Staff leads to the full closure of the 1975 study groups, the then commander of DAP's Land Warfare Office (Colonel Tersi Solendyr) and twenty-four additional officers tender resignations over the decision.
- 1981: Introduction of the Alentyr D2 (HT6A7) upgrade package into service.
- 1983: An inquiry by Imperial mandate (headed by Baron Illen) finds that the Alentyr D2 is significantly inferior to numerous 'third generation' main battle tanks then entering service in areas ranging from armament and protection to electronics and mobility.
- 1984: Following an internal consultation by the Imperial Army, the DAP is instructed to pursue the immediate development of a third generation main battle tank.
- 1985: Study of concepts for the YT7 is produced, DAP Section 2 establishes a separate research group with corporate branches towards the development of principles of technology for a future main battle tank.
- 1988: The initial technical trialing vehicles are completed.
- 1990: The first eleven production prototypes are presented to the DAP, an extension of the trial period is requested by the DAP but rejected by the Army.
- 1992: Initial deliveries of the new tank to the Imperial Army, enters service as the HT7 'Fyrdestyr'. The new tank's performance reports are not released to the Imperial Staff as scheduled.
- 1993: The 15th Brigade of Heavy Horse's commanding officer refuses to re-equip his unit with HT7 tanks and is dishonourably discharged.
- 1994: Announcement of the 'Millenium' armed forces modernisation project and the establishment of direct Crown oversight into the modernisastion process itself. The forced release of the HT7's performance figures and financial irregularities point to significant misconduct concerning procurement at higher levels of the army, culminating in the then-Chief of the Army Staff's suicide and forced resignation of half of the Army Staff in its wake. The emergency procurement of the HT8 (Leclerc) Main Battle Tank is approved.
- 1997: First Leclerc-equipped brigade is rotated out of training into active service.
- 1998: An internal agreement is reached between the new Army Staff and the Army's new Office of Technological Development concerning the development of a successor to the HT8, whereby the initial development of a successor would be carried out by a state-owned corporate conglomerate from design principles established by the DAP's research groups while a longer-term developmental project would be pursued by a production group formed and headed by the OTD.
- 1999: Army issues official Request For Information for a domestically designed MBT to replace the HT8.
- 2001: Fierei-Oblastinei Automotives and Metalworks Group established via the intervention of the Army and secures the production contract for the now designated YT9 tank.
- 2003: Conceptual studies produced by the OTD for 'Tank 2015'.
- 2004: Technical prototypes for the HT9 series completed and presented to the Army by FOAM.
- 2006: First production prototype of the HT9 (the HT9A6 model) dispatched for field testing in Asakura. Following reservations voiced by the OTD concerning the proposed 140mm armament for the HT9, a prototype 128mm high performance gun is built to the OTD's specifications and tested on an HT9A6 chassis as the HT9-128.
- 2008: Finalisation of the HT9A7 design and delivery of the first production prototype to the Army.
- 2009: OTD completes production of first four technical prototypes (three automotive and one for basic armament testing) for the then-designated 'HT9-2015' in early 2009, followed by two additional prototypes for electronics and FCS testing.
- 2010: First deliveries of the HT9A7 to frontline units.
- 2011: Completion of the final SC12.4 128mm cannon design.
- 2012: First delivery of the OTD's 'HT9-2015' production prototype vehicle to the Crown Army, accepted into service as the HT9A8 and entering production within two months.
- 2013: First deliveries of the HT9A8 to frontline units.

BIG A*S BAREL
Reblian civil war -Won
The Great War of geneviena 2014-Won
Eleventh Gilean war 2014-Won
The Bosakian Invasion of Daritii 2014-Withdrawl
World War I-Lost
Operation southern comfort 2015-Won
War On Ravon-Won
World war II-Lost
nope T-14 it'll prove to be a piece of junk, stick with the T-90 and T-72 and upgrade those to be better hellfire targets XDXDXD

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:

That could potentially happen at some point. I just moved to a new region and don't have a feel for how :ns: their military hardware is. I'm thinking it should stay at fairly realistic levels though because there is a realism focus.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Yuketobaniac wrote:BIG A*S BAREL

You might want to spoiler that mate

Zerinfriom
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zerinfriom » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:18 pm

Although the Empire has many Tanks utilized by it'self it like utilizing, and producing other military vehicles such as

The Challenger (Called the ZVC-14 Challenger-B in Zerinfriom)

The Leopard (Called the CRX-59 Leopard in The United Imperium)

And the Abrams (called the HT-34 Abrams in Zerinfriom)

And in it's Outer Colonial Area the T-90 (called the T-90-XT in Zerinfriom)
Last edited by Zerinfriom on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Information
Preference: Straight
Likes: Sea Food, Video Games, Talking to friends and Girls
Dislikes: Arguments, Boasting, Cheese mixed with food that cheese shouldn't be with
I lean to the left on social issues, I am moderate on Economic and foreign policy. I identify as a Liberal Socialist, but am more of a moderate.
Aliases Utilized by this account for different tech groups
The Demontronian Empire FT
The Zerinite Dominion PMT
The United Federated Republics of Zerinfriom MT regional
The United Dominion of Zerinfriom MT II
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

EsToVnIa
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:24 pm

What do you guys think is the "magic" number of naked women painted on the side of a vehicle before it becomes too much?

Personally, I think 3 is a good amount.
Most Heavenly State/Khamgiin Tengerleg Uls

Weeaboo Gassing Land wrote:Also, rev up the gas chambers.

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:CUNT

12:02:02 AM <Tarsas> premislyd is my spirit animal tbh

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Estovnia wrote:What do you guys think is the "magic" number of naked women painted on the side of a vehicle before it becomes too much?

Depends on the tank and depends on the woman

Antarticaria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarticaria » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Estovnia wrote:What do you guys think is the "magic" number of naked women painted on the side of a vehicle before it becomes too much?

Depends on the tank and women, certain surfaces would look good with a women painted on em, others not so much.
Just a average person! Is that too straight forward?

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Zerinfriom wrote:Although the Empire has many Tanks utilized by it'self it like utilizing, and producing other military vehicles such as

The Challenger (Called the ZVC-14 Challenger-B in Zerinfriom)
(Image)

The Leopard (Called the CRX-59 Leopard in The United Imperium)
(Image)

And the Abrams (called the HT-34 Abrams in Zerinfriom)
(Image)

And in it's Outer Colonial Area the T-90 (called the T-90-XT in Zerinfriom)
(Image)

Four tanks and three completely different types of ammo. Sounds good. :)
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

The Soodean Imperium
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soodean Imperium » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Zerinfriom wrote:-snip-

It's not really advisable to have multiple equivalent Main Battle Tanks in service with your military. The Challenger 2, Leopard 2, M1A1 Abrams, and T90 have incompatible spare parts, use different ammunition, need different training, and are optimized around different types of tactics. Having all four at once will be a logistical nightmare, and won't actually bring any benefits to your military's flexibility.

A better solution would be to choose one tank, preferably one that fits your nation's military doctrine, and use that as your nation's main MBT. You'll notice that the US only uses the Abrams, the UK only uses the Challenger 2, and Germany only uses the Leopard 2 (not counting each country's previous-generation MBTs that remain in service); no country will operate a mixture of these tanks if they can avoid it.
Last harmonized by Hu Jintao on Sat Mar 4, 2006 2:33pm, harmonized 8 times in total.

"In short, when we hastily attribute to aesthetic and inherited faculties the artistic nature of Athenian civilization, we are almost proceeding as did men in the Middle Ages, when fire was explained by phlogiston and the effects of opium by its soporific powers." --Emile Durkheim, 1895
Come join Septentrion!
ICly, this nation is now known as the Socialist Republic of Menghe (대멩 사회주의 궁화국, 大孟社會主義共和國). You can still call me Soode in OOC.

Zerinfriom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerinfriom » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:59 pm

The Soodean Imperium wrote:
Zerinfriom wrote:-snip-

It's not really advisable to have multiple equivalent Main Battle Tanks in service with your military. The Challenger 2, Leopard 2, M1A1 Abrams, and T90 have incompatible spare parts, use different ammunition, need different training, and are optimized around different types of tactics. Having all four at once will be a logistical nightmare, and won't actually bring any benefits to your military's flexibility.

A better solution would be to choose one tank, preferably one that fits your nation's military doctrine, and use that as your nation's main MBT. You'll notice that the US only uses the Abrams, the UK only uses the Challenger 2, and Germany only uses the Leopard 2 (not counting each country's previous-generation MBTs that remain in service); no country will operate a mixture of these tanks if they can avoid it.

1. No comment

2. There is no better solution for my nation, we utilize the best, and these are not even the most used, the one that is most used is over the maximum space for a image on the forum.

But I understand your concern, but I just hope you understand the policy of, I do what I wish too do while you do what you wish too do.
My military has different ideas, policies, and concerns then your military, so let's just go by that fact.
OOC Information
Dislikes: Arguments, Boasting, Cheese mixed with food that cheese shouldn't be with
I lean to the left on social issues, I am moderate on Economic and foreign policy. I identify as a Liberal Socialist, but am more of a moderate.

Zerinfriom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerinfriom » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Yeah three is good. But I agree with what the other's said, it depends on the tank, and the woman, and the surface.
OOC Information

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:17 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:Four tanks and three completely different types of ammo. Sounds good. :)

I don't always use main battle tanks. But when I do, I use all the coolest pictures I can find.
- Zerinfriom
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Zerinfriom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zerinfriom » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:25 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:Four tanks and three completely different types of ammo. Sounds good. :)

I don't always use main battle tanks. But when I do, I use all the coolest pictures I can find.
- Zerinfriom

Lol, but I do always utilize main battle tanks, I just find the best picture that can fit in the forum's requirements, in this case the Abrams, Challenger, Leopard, and T-90
OOC Information

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 pm

I sincerely doubt that anything other than appearance factors into that decision.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information