NATION

PASSWORD

The NS Infantry Discussion Thread, Model 4

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will be the next Master of Ceremonies for the new Infantry Discussion Thread?

Purpelia
11%
Dread Lady Nanticana
8%
Aqizithiuda
10%
Transnapastain
10%
GEUTest
3%
Nirvash Type TheEND
24%
Kouralia
29%
Assorted Sucrose Based Lifeforms
6%

Total votes : 63

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Estovnia wrote:The summer is real

^
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Soviet Syrian Arab Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Syrian Arab Republic » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:06 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:
Estovnia wrote:

I fixed sandserb's terribad Rk 95 Tp

it can be in remembrance of the never banned Rk 95

its just because I didn't shade it

if i really wanted to be cool i'd shade it

Soviet Syrian Arab Republic wrote:By FAGMAS you ment how the "leet" teenagers call the FAMAS because of its "OPness"?

No because its going to be replaced by a weapon system, which fundamentally, is over 2 decades older than it.

wat is this "FAGMAS" then.

i can't do english very well.
You may see me as Radical. Just saying. Also every thing i say on the Diplomatic sub-forum is in my canon.
. Member of the SSNP paramilitary wing. Please T.G me. I love T.Gs
Ex-platoon members are Sahrea, New French Republic, Slovenski Rouge and some others not on NS.
Pro: Palestine, Iran, Bashar al-Assad, SSNP, anti-revisionism, China, Cuba.
Anti: Israhell, Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, USA, democracy, liberalism and libertarianism.
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:
You have literally 30 rifles that perform the same function. Why?

Cause fuck logistics.

*nods*

NSIDT
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby NSIDT » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Estovnia wrote:The summer is real

^

I don't know what summer has to do with anything. Speaking of which, NSIDT's warm weather uniform is a water-wicking 50/50 nyco blend BDU with 100% cotton undershirt. The BDU top is worn untucked. But the pants are ALWAYS bloused.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:12 pm

NSIDT wrote:
Bezombia wrote:^

I don't know what summer has to do with anything.

The kids aren't in school so they spend lots of time here instead.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

New Tsavon
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm beginning to think this thread has reached the point where it'll just keep getting worse and worse.

An endless summer, if you will.
Ave Nex Alea

Mallorea and Riva should resign

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:16 pm

Kharkaran wrote:Yo dogs. (Yo dogs? Really)

I'm not exactly new to the site, (see my sig), but I haven't really focused on my own nation. Now, I just made the new PMT/FanT nation you see before you, which I hope to properly detail- OK, why the hell am I telling you this? Ok, I'll get to the point.

The world Kharkaran is on, Sindra, is inhabited by immortals who derive longevity and nigh-invulnerability from a magical organ. Starting in the late industrial age of Sindra, essentially WWI to WWII-era, it became clear a new method of defeating immortals would be necessary. What I'm asking for is the specifics of a standard rifle round designed to incapacitate immortals to a point where their magic organ can be removed and destroyed to prevent regeneration.

The challenge is that immortals, when trained, can shrug off damage to organs, so I figure the round has to be designed for breaking bones and rending as much flesh as possible. Would this be the correct train of thought?

What would the caliber be? Would it be large and heavy? Would it be necessary for the round to be a special munition, such as explosive?

... Am I in the right place?

End-of-the-day reply. What you want are these, or something like a fifteen rounder HEDP notXM25. That'll blow as good as anything up.

Actually, since your troops are immortal, recoil isn't as much of an issue, just a discomfort. Make 'em fire cut-down and necked-up (to 25mm) Vulcan shells from massive bullpup rifles.
Impact-fuzed HE, you get a lot of range, you can cram a fair amount of shells into magazines for your immortals from your upscaled RK62.
this guy is a fucking furry and a therian
Btw, here's my IC flag

"Purp go to bed." - Nirvash Type TheEnd

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Kharkaran wrote:Yo dogs. (Yo dogs? Really)

I'm not exactly new to the site, (see my sig), but I haven't really focused on my own nation. Now, I just made the new PMT/FanT nation you see before you, which I hope to properly detail- OK, why the hell am I telling you this? Ok, I'll get to the point.

The world Kharkaran is on, Sindra, is inhabited by immortals who derive longevity and nigh-invulnerability from a magical organ. Starting in the late industrial age of Sindra, essentially WWI to WWII-era, it became clear a new method of defeating immortals would be necessary. What I'm asking for is the specifics of a standard rifle round designed to incapacitate immortals to a point where their magic organ can be removed and destroyed to prevent regeneration.

The challenge is that immortals, when trained, can shrug off damage to organs, so I figure the round has to be designed for breaking bones and rending as much flesh as possible. Would this be the correct train of thought?

What would the caliber be? Would it be large and heavy? Would it be necessary for the round to be a special munition, such as explosive?

... Am I in the right place?

End-of-the-day reply. What you want are these, or something like a fifteen rounder HEDP notXM25. That'll blow as good as anything up.

Actually, since your troops are immortal, recoil isn't as much of an issue, just a discomfort. Make 'em fire cut-down and necked-up (to 25mm) Vulcan shells from massive bullpup rifles.
Impact-fuzed HE, you get a lot of range, you can cram a fair amount of shells into magazines for your immortals from your upscaled RK62.

If they're truly immortal, they can shoot a bazooka from their chin and tell their grandchildren how it felt.

Alternately, strap a nuke to their back, and order a soldier to march up to the offending president and 'shake their hands'.

Becase we've essentially got a nation of Deadpool.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

United states of brazilian nations
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United states of brazilian nations » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Vancon wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:
Again.

Middle East.

The Iraqi Army was like the 3rd or 4th largest army in the world at the time.

Then Western Europe happened.

(image)
And then 'Murica happened.

there can be only one thing more free than that...

full-auto-capable M16 clones in tacticool desert tan furniture.
south america, f**k yeah
Puzikas wrote:
Graznovia wrote:Why does the dude look like Putin?
Did you knot know? There is no Russian people, only clones of Putin. We don't get names, just Numbers.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Kouralia wrote:AKA FiSH and CHiPS(Fighting in Someone's House and Causing Havoc in Public Spaces):p

Fordorsia wrote:Breaking news: The estimated leading cause of death is dying.
Imperializt Russia wrote:Well what it is, is an 18.5mm piece of hollow metal that, through witchcraft and evil, becomes significantly larger than 18.5mm.
Puzikas wrote:fuck you for drawing a good looking bulpup AK.
Puzikas wrote:USBN has a sensor that triggers after anything vaguely Brazilian is mentioned.
For HUE!

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Pretty much a stripped down M249 (or something.) got bored one day and this is self admittedly the Worst Belt fed LMG i think could be possibly designed. To be fair, it was my first time. ;)

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:57 pm

The balkens wrote:(Image)

Pretty much a stripped down M249 (or something.) got bored one day and this is self admittedly the Worst Belt fed LMG i think could be possibly designed. To be fair, it was my first time. ;)

"Look I made a thing don't criticize it in any way."
Unreachable.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:

"Look I made a thing don't criticize it in any way."

I was actually looking for feedback. Like, what can I do to turn this pile of garbage from a unworkable and most likely unsafe weapon into an Export weapon?
Last edited by The balkens on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:46 pm

The balkens wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:"Look I made a thing don't criticize it in any way."

I was actually looking for feedback. Like, what can I do to turn this pile of garbage from a unworkable and most likely unsafe weapon into an Export weapon?

Slap a price tag on it?
this guy is a fucking furry and a therian
Btw, here's my IC flag

"Purp go to bed." - Nirvash Type TheEnd

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:03 pm

Estovnia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:Thanks to Spreewerke's "Inseminate the Foreigners Act" and "Literally Anyone Conceived by a Spreewerkian is Considered Military Personnel at Birth Act," we have the largest military in the universe. :roll:

Also, since we're talking about AKs, here's a notAK-103 in remembrance of the now-banned Saigas:
(Image)

I fixed sandserb's terribad Rk 95 Tp

it can be in remembrance of the never banned Rk 95

Crap, competition.
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Spreewerke wrote:Thanks to Spreewerke's "Inseminate the Foreigners Act" and "Literally Anyone Conceived by a Spreewerkian is Considered Military Personnel at Birth Act," we have the largest military in the universe. :roll:

Also, since we're talking about AKs, here's a notAK-103 in remembrance of the now-banned Saigas:
(Image)

Yeah... 'bout that ban...
Obama signed a document forbidding himself from funding his own executive order.
-Two years prior.

So actually carrying out the order would be an impeachable offense.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:07 pm

congrats, I now can't take off the barrel.

Also you removed the handguard, the thing that keeps muh hand from getting burned.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:09 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:

congrats, I now can't take off the barrel.

Also you removed the handguard, the thing that keeps muh hand from getting burned.

Lacks exposed op-rod under the stock that wants to chomp on proletariat's hand like glorious DPM.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 pm

And a sharp, spring-loaded dust cover?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Syrian Arab Republic » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:58 pm

151,000 SSAR soldiers | armed with AK-47, AK-74, AKM, AK-12, Zavasta M-70, M14, ACR, Type 56, AK-101, AK-107, AEK-971, Egyptian Misr, Pistol Mitralieră model 1963/1965, MpiKMS-72, Kbs wz. 1996 Beryl, Vepr assault rifles
98,000 SSAR soldiers | armed with Zavasta M77B1, Heckler and Koch G3, M14, FN FAL, AVS-36, Howa Type 89, CETME, SIG SG 542, M1918 Browning, Rifle No. 5 Mk I, Zavasta M48BO battle rifles.
56,000 SSAR soldiers | armed with SKS, Steyr AUG, AKS-74u, Mosin Nagant M1944, M4, Heckler & Koch HK 417, IMI TAR-21 (Tavor), KBP 9A-91 carbines.
33,000 SSAR soldiers | armed with RPG-7, RPG-28, RPG-29, RPG-22, RPO-A Shmel, RPG-30 rocket launchers.
All soldiers use this ballistic helmet,this ballistic vest, and these boots all with US Army desert camo.
This is still W.I.P
Active: 338000 Reservist(s): 111,000

Newest revision.
You may see me as Radical. Just saying. Also every thing i say on the Diplomatic sub-forum is in my canon.
Ex-platoon members are Sahrea, New French Republic, Slovenski Rouge and some others not on NS.
Anti: Israhell, Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, USA, democracy, liberalism and libertarianism.
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:

Cause fuck logistics.

*nods*

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Soviet Syrian Arab Republic wrote:
151,000 SSAR soldiers | armed with AK-47, AK-74, AKM, AK-12, Zavasta M-70, M14, ACR, Type 56, AK-101, AK-107, AEK-971, Egyptian Misr, Pistol Mitralieră model 1963/1965, MpiKMS-72, Kbs wz. 1996 Beryl, Vepr assault rifles
98,000 SSAR soldiers | armed with Zavasta M77B1, Heckler and Koch G3, M14, FN FAL, AVS-36, Howa Type 89, CETME, SIG SG 542, M1918 Browning, Rifle No. 5 Mk I, Zavasta M48BO battle rifles.
56,000 SSAR soldiers | armed with SKS, Steyr AUG, AKS-74u, Mosin Nagant M1944, M4, Heckler & Koch HK 417, IMI TAR-21 (Tavor), KBP 9A-91 carbines.
33,000 SSAR soldiers | armed with RPG-7, RPG-28, RPG-29, RPG-22, RPO-A Shmel, RPG-30 rocket launchers.
All soldiers use this ballistic helmet,this ballistic vest, and these boots all with US Army desert camo.
This is still W.I.P

Newest revision.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Syrian Arab Republic » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:03 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:
This is still W.I.P

Newest revision.

Variety.
And,
Historically Syria did this.
We have Zavasta rifles and Soviet rifles, basically all PSU weapons.
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:

Cause fuck logistics.

*nods*

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:
This is still W.I.P

Newest revision.

Cause fuck logistics.

*nods*

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Syrian Arab Republic » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:

Cause fuck logistics.

*nods*

Indeed.
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:

Cause fuck logistics.

*nods*

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Soviet Syrian Arab Republic wrote:And,

Pretty sure the SAA has standardized to 7.62x39 AK variants judging by the combat footage I've watched. Maybe FSA/Al-Nusra/ISIS fighters have a million different guns, but SAA is probably actually standardized. And are you letting soldiers choose their weapon? You shouldn't do that. You should give them all one standard rifle and say "if you don't like it too bad" because that's what every real army does.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Syrian Arab Republic » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:

Pretty sure the SAA has standardized to 7.62x39 AK variants judging by the combat footage I've watched. Maybe FSA/Al-Nusra/ISIS fighters have a million different guns, but SAA is probably actually standardized. And are you letting soldiers choose their weapon? You shouldn't do that. You should give them all one standard rifle and say "if you don't like it too bad" because that's what every real army does.

Our army =/= not real.

But i will consider + take the advice you gave. Currently i have a system where their are "caches" for each branch of the SSARM with related ammunition for the weapon under the unit level of brigade. All over brigade use AKM.
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:

Cause fuck logistics.

*nods*

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:

The post-script here is of course that you do not want to send 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm NATO ammunition to a unit requiring 7.62x39 mm and 7.62x54 mm ammo. With this many rifles, the chances of a mixup due to Murphy's Law fucking your logistics up increases massively with every different bullet you have to provide. If your trucks bearing the much needed ammo for a unit with almost none left you do not want them to take a wrong turn and deliver NATO spec. to them if they need AK ammo. If you only had AK ammo this would not be an issue.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information