NATION

PASSWORD

Global World Cities [Closed]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:14 am

Jagodon City, Gandham Islands
Carlson, Giliberafta
Lovers-by-the-bay, (FANCY!!), Beiluxia
Solmont City, CTE
Madison, CTE
Bergstadt-im-Schnee, Brillnuck
Hirizionburg city, New Hirizionburg
Dublin, Bandwagon

will be done TODAY!
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:49 am

Giliberafta wrote:The Official Survey- Format: 1.5.5

Overview
Nation: The Federal Parliamentary Republic of Giliberafta
Name of City: Carlson
Demonym: Carls
Population: 4 milion
Area of city: 693 square miles

Transportation
How many buses are there?: About 50,903
How frequent are these buses?: every 5 mins
How many trains are there?: 3,583
How frequent are these trains?: every 12 mins
How many airports are there?: 3
Is it easy to get to aound?: Somewhat, traffic gets heavy
What percentage of adults have a car?: 23%

People
Unemployment Rate: 5.8%
Power in city:78% Wind power, 21% solar power, 1% fossil fuels
How many HQs are in your city: 10
The average income per year: (USD) 23,421(the highest in the country
Infrastructure of out 10: 8.4
Percentage of children at school: 99.9%
Knowledge&Influence (Out of 10): 9.1
How many tourist came to your city in the last 12 months: 10,243,409
Is the economy is on what? (Tick box) [X]INCREASE []THE SAME []DECREASE
Quality of Life (Out of 10): 7.9
Political Power (Out of 10): 8.9
Attraction (Out of ten): 7.8

Paragraph
Carlson is a city with a great harbor, making it in the past, and still currently, Giliberafta's economic powerhouse. The city alone makes up 6% of the nation's economy. Carlson University is one of the highly most respected university in Giliberafta. Carlson is home of almost half of all the prime minister in Giliberafta. Carlson is also the "Hollywood of Giliberafta" and people would go in the city just to see the skyscrapers and eat the burgers. When Carlson is in a city crisis, this can affect Polaris, the state in which Carlson is in, by 12% of its economy, and it would eventually affect the country.

Thanks. Your survey will be responded in the next 25 days.

GLOBAL WORLD CITIES- Carlson

Hello and welcome to The Global World cities. And also I am sorry for the long wait that you had, I was quite busy but I have the time now to try to finish the GWC. Initally I wanted to finish them by October but I will finish them In the next few days. So, I see that Carlson has 4 million people in you city. It is not the ideal amount of people for a global World City but it doesn't really effect if your city is good enough to be a City. 639 square miles is quite a lot of space, don't you think? Per square mile there is 5772 people which is substantial, some GWC has less than that. It is good that you have a demonym, so far the survey is looking okay.

Per bus, there is 78 people. Now, you could reduce that by 10-25% which reduces the CO2 level and whatnott. Gratefully, an average bus has 78 spaces (54 seats, 23 stand, 1 wheelchair) so, this is quite good. The buses of your city is quite frequent but 50,903 buses in 693 might work and it might not. We have to figure that out. 12 minutes for the train might be overground or underground so I can't really judge that. The amount of airports is good, yes, you could cut one which could save you money but I won't generate it. Well if you see what I typed above, then you will see why traffic is heavy. At least you're smart and I can't get you back, darn.

The Unemployment rate is in the greenish yellow zone and if you was accepted in GWC it would lower your unemploment rate probably by about 1.5%. I am thrilled that your city has re-usable material (MOSTLY). The USD doesn't seem a lot but we can change that. The tourist coming to your city is a lot of tourists! If the economy is on the increase, why is the Average income so low?

Anyway, I will accept you as a Gamma City.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

North Britonisea
Attaché

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby North Britonisea » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:18 pm

WHO EVER WOULD LIKE TO BE THE VICE PRESIDENT OF GLOBAL WORLD CITIES, PLEASE SIGNIFY SO BELOW SO WE CAN HAVE A VOTE!

I am Britonisea.

Beiluxia wrote:The Official Survey- Format: 1.5.5

Overview
Nation: Beiluxia
Name of City: Lovers-by-the-bay
Demonym: Lover, Loverian, Loverien (Fr.)
Population: ~18mln in Lovers Metropolitan Area, >30mln in combined Capital Megalopolis Area
Area of city: The Lovers Metropolitan Area is 5198.8 sq km (2007.3 sq mi).
Note: The Lovers Metropolitan Area contains urban, suburban, and rural areas. The population density of the entire Metropolitan Area is much lower than what would be the density in urban zones and even suburban zones.

Transportation
How many buses are there?: over 20,000 buses serving over 3,200 local and regional routes
How frequent are these buses?: Usually around 5 to 10 minutes for local buses, or 15 to 30 minutes for regional buses
How many trains are there?: About 100 regional and national lines connect to Lovers. Lovers Metro (the underground system) has 19 lines alone, serviced by 81 trains.
How frequent are these trains?: Anywhere from once every 15 minutes to once every few hours, depending on the line; the Metro lines have trains running every 3 to 5 minutes in urban lines and every 10 to 15 minutes in outlying lines.
How many airports are there?: 2 intl, 2 natl/regional
Is it easy to get to aound?: Yes, since Lovers maintains an extremely efficient public transit system.
What percentage of adults have a car?: 28%

People
Unemployment Rate: 5.3%
Power in city: Natural Gas (36%), Geothermal (32%), Hydroelectric (23%), Coal (5%), Solar (3%), Other (1%)
How many HQs are in your city: Over 3000 major Beiluxian corporations have their headquarters here. Over 4/5 of the Fortune 500 companies have a regional hub in Lovers.
The average income per year: approx. ζ34,900 or USD56,922 at current exchange rates
Infrastructure of out 10: 9/10
Percentage of children at school: 99%
Knowledge&Influence (Out of 10): 9/10
How many tourist came to your city in the last 12 months: 12mln
Is the economy is on what? (Tick box) [x]INCREASE []THE SAME []DECREASE
Quality of Life (Out of 10): 8/10
Political Power (Out of 10): 10/10
Attraction (Out of ten): 8/10

Paragraph
Founded in the late 1600s by British colonists, Lovers-by-the-bay was the first British attempt at colonising Baeluksia Isle. The natural deep harbour of the surrounding Bay of Lovers turned the colony from a small fishing settlement into a large shipping port by the 1800s. Its prime location next to Lovers Strait made it an economic powerhouse even before Beiluxia's confederation in 1908. The city is now the provinsial capital of Haven Provinse and hosts more than thirty million inhabitants in its extended urban area. The original Town of Lovers-by-the-bay with a population of 1.5 million is where the traditional central business district and historical political centre of Beiluxian government lies. In recent years, companies have pivoted towards Southern Lovers, a newer skyscraper-etched CBD at the southern end of the Lovers Metropolitan Area. Within the Lovers Metropolitan Area are numerous suburbs and New Towns, each containing a population of a few hundred thousand; many commuters also come from nearby Metropolitan Areas and more rural regions. Lovers-by-the-bay's GDP of nearly one trillion USD, or almost a fifth of Beiluxia's entire economy, makes it an international finance centre.

GLOBAL WORLD CITIES- Lovers By The Bay

[pre]Overview
Nation: Beiluxia
Name of City: Lovers-by-the-bay
Demonym: Lover, Loverian, Loverien (Fr.)
Population: ~18mln in Lovers Metropolitan Area, >30mln in combined Capital Megalopolis Area
Area of city: The Lovers Metropolitan Area is 5198.8 sq km (2007.3 sq mi).
Note: The Lovers Metropolitan Area contains urban, suburban, and rural areas. The population density of the entire Metropolitan Area is much lower than what would be the density in urban zones and even suburban zones.

Hello Lovers Bay the Bay. Before we start, I love the name. Lot's of Britonish people are very in to nice sounding bays. Which denomyn will be your official? This is very good information when addressing the Global World Cities' Cities. Just in the Metro Area I was looking for and 18 million people is a strong amount of people per city. Your city doesn't have a high population density which means lover's by the bay is a nice spacious area where couples can dance and sing, It sounds good for now...

How many buses are there?: over 20,000 buses serving over 3,200 local and regional routes
How frequent are these buses?: Usually around 5 to 10 minutes for local buses, or 15 to 30 minutes for regional buses
How many trains are there?: About 100 regional and national lines connect to Lovers. Lovers Metro (the underground system) has 19 lines alone, serviced by 81 trains.
How frequent are these trains?: Anywhere from once every 15 minutes to once every few hours, depending on the line; the Metro lines have trains running every 3 to 5 minutes in urban lines and every 10 to 15 minutes in outlying lines.
How many airports are there?: 2 intl, 2 natl/regional
Is it easy to get to aound?: Yes, since Lovers maintains an extremely efficient public transit system.
What percentage of adults have a car?: 28%

The bus amount is just fine. It is very well that you connect your city to your region and that could also happen to our cities in britonisea. What a tip. We need to get the time of buses down by at least 2 minutes as it could really change the backlog of people waiting at the bus stop. The amount of trains is quite disappointing compared to the ammounf of people in your city and the area of your city. And also only about 4 trains serve each line? This is not good at all as the waiting time will be long and I caught you out because if these trains ran so quick, then all the trains will be going one way and the otherside has to wait a good twenty minutes until the four trains come, do you get me? 2 international airport is okay and the percentage of people owning cars is okay however it puts pressure on public transport.

Unemployment Rate: 5.3%
Power in city: Natural Gas (36%), Geothermal (32%), Hydroelectric (23%), Coal (5%), Solar (3%), Other (1%)
How many HQs are in your city: Over 3000 major Beiluxian corporations have their headquarters here. Over 4/5 of the Fortune 500 companies have a regional hub in Lovers.
The average income per year: approx. ζ34,900 or USD56,922 at current exchange rates
Infrastructure of out 10: 9/10
Percentage of children at school: 99%
Knowledge&Influence (Out of 10): 9/10
How many tourist came to your city in the last 12 months: 12mln
Is the economy is on what? (Tick box) [x]INCREASE []THE SAME []DECREASE
Quality of Life (Out of 10): 8/10
Political Power (Out of 10): 10/10
Attraction (Out of ten): 8/10
#

Right, after a dip for transport, let's see if you can impress GWC now. You have an unemployment rate which is 5.3 which is not too bad but being with us can reduce that by at least half, about half of your power is using the fossil fuels. We are going to run out of this, whether this is IC or OOC so we need to change that a bit. The USD average income is great and I really like how much money the average person is getting in their household. The percentage of people going to school is very good but what does the 1% who do not go to school do? The amount of people who visit your city is not enough, due to your whole city we will give you a chance and you will be a gamma city, thanks for watching.

North Britonisea
Attaché

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby North Britonisea » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Evea wrote:(Edited and reposted)

The Official Survey- Format: 1.5.5

Overview
Nation: Evea
Name of City: Madison
Population: 21,903,451
Area of city: 14,806 square miles

Transportation
How many buses are there?: 24250
How frequent are these buses?: every 5 minutes
How many trains are there?: 3100
How frequent are these trains?: every 10 minutes
How many airports are there?: 2
Is it easy to get to around?: Yes
What percentage of adults have a car?: 80%

People
Unemployment Rate: 2%
Power in city: 35% Wind, 35% Solar, 30% Coal
How many HQs are in your city: 1231
The average income per year: (USD) 53400
Infrastructure of out 10: 8
Percentage of children at school: 100
Knowledge&Influence (Out of 10): 8
How many tourist came to your city in the last 12 months: 15,670,000
Is the economy is on what? (Tick box) []INCREASE [/]THE SAME []DECREASE
Quality of Life (Out of 10): 9
Political Power (Out of 10): 8
Attraction (Out of ten): 8

Paragraph
Founded in 1800, Madison is the largest city in Evea, and the District Capital of Anouk.

Hello.

Nation: Evea
Name of City: Madison
Population: 21,903,451
Area of city: 14,806 square miles

Good. Good. Good. The population is okay and the square milage is good. Where is the demonym? If you got the old survey, just fill that in. Per square mile there are 1,479-1,480 people on average if you averaged it out.

How many buses are there?: 24250 
How frequent are these buses?: every 5 minutes
How many trains are there?: 3100
How frequent are these trains?: every 10 minutes
How many airports are there?: 2
Is it easy to get to around?: Yes
What percentage of adults have a car?: 80%

The amount of buses seem okay and the frequency of the buses could be improved. I don;t know if you meant the overground trains or the underground trains so I can't judge you on the minutes. If it is underground it needs to be improved and if it is overground it is very good...the amount of airports is good however it would be a good investment to build another airport. The percentage of people having a car is a lot. Maybe reducing the car usage by 15% so please raise the prices of MOT.

Unemployment Rate: 2%
Power in city: 35% Wind, 35% Solar, 30% Coal
How many HQs are in your city: 1231
The average income per year: (USD) 53400
Infrastructure of out 10: 8
Percentage of children at school: 100
Knowledge&Influence (Out of 10): 8
How many tourist came to your city in the last 12 months: 15,670,000
Is the economy is on what? (Tick box) []INCREASE [/]THE SAME []DECREASE
Quality of Life (Out of 10): 9
Political Power (Out of 10): 8
Attraction (Out of ten): 8

I am going to go straight to the economy and the average income per year because it seems like your economy is stablising. The average income per year is okay for that to happen. The average income, of 53400, is good. Attraction, QoL and Political Power seems to be the same for all cities. We need to delete the 30% coal and maybe use solar.

-I will put you as a Bravo City.

Giliberafta
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Giliberafta » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Britonisea wrote:
Giliberafta wrote:The Official Survey- Format: 1.5.5

Overview

Transportation

People

Paragraph
Carlson is a city with a great harbor, making it in the past, and still currently, Giliberafta's economic powerhouse. The city alone makes up 6% of the nation's economy. Carlson University is one of the highly most respected university in Giliberafta. Carlson is home of almost half of all the prime minister in Giliberafta. Carlson is also the "Hollywood of Giliberafta" and people would go in the city just to see the skyscrapers and eat the burgers. When Carlson is in a city crisis, this can affect Polaris, the state in which Carlson is in, by 12% of its economy, and it would eventually affect the country.

Hello and welcome to The Global World cities. And also I am sorry for the long wait that you had, I was quite busy but I have the time now to try to finish the GWC. Initally I wanted to finish them by October but I will finish them In the next few days. So, I see that Carlson has 4 million people in you city. It is not the ideal amount of people for a global World City but it doesn't really effect if your city is good enough to be a City. 639 square miles is quite a lot of space, don't you think? Per square mile there is 5772 people which is substantial, some GWC has less than that. It is good that you have a demonym, so far the survey is looking okay.

Per bus, there is 78 people. Now, you could reduce that by 10-25% which reduces the CO2 level and whatnott. Gratefully, an average bus has 78 spaces (54 seats, 23 stand, 1 wheelchair) so, this is quite good. The buses of your city is quite frequent but 50,903 buses in 693 might work and it might not. We have to figure that out. 12 minutes for the train might be overground or underground so I can't really judge that. The amount of airports is good, yes, you could cut one which could save you money but I won't generate it. Well if you see what I typed above, then you will see why traffic is heavy. At least you're smart and I can't get you back, darn.

The Unemployment rate is in the greenish yellow zone and if you was accepted in GWC it would lower your unemploment rate probably by about 1.5%. I am thrilled that your city has re-usable material (MOSTLY). The USD doesn't seem a lot but we can change that. The tourist coming to your city is a lot of tourists! If the economy is on the increase, why is the Average income so low?

Well, for the your last question, the average income is low due to taxes. I measure average income with the taxes already taken.

And tahnk you. It was wroth the wait. :)

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Giliberafta wrote:
Britonisea wrote:

Well, for the your last question, the average income is low due to taxes. I measure average income with the taxes already taken.

So it is like council tax? What is the average income without the tax?
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Giliberafta
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Giliberafta » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Britonisea wrote:
Giliberafta wrote:

So it is like council tax? What is the average income without the tax?

39,129 USD

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:40 pm

The Official Survey- Format: 2.2

Has your nation done a survey before?: No
Have you surveyed this city before?: No
If yes, is this a re-do or a reinstate?:

Overview
Nation: The People's Assembly of Scotatrova
Name of City: Muse
Demonym: Musian
Population of CITY: 12,306,193
The Area of the city is the noisy, most populus part of the city or the main area of the city URBAN ZONE. if you don't know what a city is, look it up. My mistake for saying Conurbation.
Area of city: 533.9 sq miles

Transportation
How many buses are there?: 15,000
How frequent are these buses?: Anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes
How many trains (Both Underground and overground) are there?: 750
You may specify how many U.Ground and O.Ground there are. 150 underground trains and up to 600 overground trains
How frequent are the Underground Tubes:?: 5-10 minutes
How frequent are the Overground Trains?: 10-20 minutes
How many airports are there?: There are 4 airports
What percentage of adults have a car?: 72%

People
Unemployment Rate: 7.2%
Electricity in city: Energy is generated from a power plant near the city and wind mills
The average income per year: (USD) $25404.6
Percentage of children at school: 89%
How many tourist came to your city in the last 12 months: 6 million foreign visitors
Is the economy is on what? (Tick box) [*]INCREASE []THE SAME []DECREASE
Quality of Life (Out of 10): 7
Attraction (Out of ten): 9

Paragraph
Muse is the nation's capital and also the most populous. It has a population of 12 million people with the metro area reaching 21 million. The city's nightlife has attracted residents and tourists alike. Over a third of the city population is concentrated in the downtown area. It is also the business and financial center of Scotatrova.

Thanks. Your survey will be responded in the next month.
Last edited by Scotatrova on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:46 pm

We're closed. Anymore surveys will be put on ignore.
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63