NATION

PASSWORD

UAWC Factbook (Q&A included)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Uawc
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:04 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
the UAWC is notable for its powerful military forces. Every UAWC citizen counts as military as when the country is attacked it is collectively defended. Of course not every citizen will be a straight-up soldier, but every citizen is military personnel and thus is given basic military training and on request, more specialized, extensive and advanced training is readily available. The UAWC rarely goes to other countries for military purposes (except to defend an ally), though when it does only about 8% of the total population will fight.

How do you equip, and train so many soldiers? The fact that the materials for all of those weapons will have to be mined, smelted, or created in some way, all of those parts will need to be made, and the weapons put together. All of that alone will take up several people just to equip one soldiers, also unless a massive number of your people are dedicated soldiers than it will be nearly impossible to train all of those soldiers. Also you will need to pay all of those soldiers, people getting the materials for the weapons, people making the parts, people assembling the weapons, and people training your soldiers, it will probably end up with at least 10% of your society being dedicated to making weapons, or training soldiers meaning that only 90% of your people and resources can be used for necessities such as food, and manufactured goods. This would not be as much of a problem if your people were warlike, and managed to gain wealth by raiding other people, but according to you, your nation is largely a pacifist nation.

To sum it all up, I really doubt your military is that big because a large part of your resources (food, supplies for weapons, supplies for housing, and buildings) are going solely to making weapons of war, yet you are gaining nothing in return for those massive investments. Also you are taking everyone that helps with the production of weapons of war away from other more vital tasks meaning that you cannot use as much resources on producing vital stuff (food, vehicles, tools, clothes, buildings).

Your assumptions are largely correct.

OOC: Please keep in mind that this is a national factbook and as such there is some degree of exaggeration.
Pro-democracy, pro-NATO, anti-authoritarian, anti-extremism.
Ex-leftist and ex-Muslim.

I stand with Ukraine and Israel.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:11 am

Bump.

Zeppy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeppy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:32 am

Does the UAWC have any type of constitution or document explaining the government or "communes" and the people their rights, duties, union and etc.?

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:32 am

UAWC wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
the UAWC is notable for its powerful military forces. Every UAWC citizen counts as military as when the country is attacked it is collectively defended. Of course not every citizen will be a straight-up soldier, but every citizen is military personnel and thus is given basic military training and on request, more specialized, extensive and advanced training is readily available. The UAWC rarely goes to other countries for military purposes (except to defend an ally), though when it does only about 8% of the total population will fight.

How do you equip, and train so many soldiers? The fact that the materials for all of those weapons will have to be mined, smelted, or created in some way, all of those parts will need to be made, and the weapons put together. All of that alone will take up several people just to equip one soldiers, also unless a massive number of your people are dedicated soldiers than it will be nearly impossible to train all of those soldiers. Also you will need to pay all of those soldiers, people getting the materials for the weapons, people making the parts, people assembling the weapons, and people training your soldiers, it will probably end up with at least 10% of your society being dedicated to making weapons, or training soldiers meaning that only 90% of your people and resources can be used for necessities such as food, and manufactured goods. This would not be as much of a problem if your people were warlike, and managed to gain wealth by raiding other people, but according to you, your nation is largely a pacifist nation.

To sum it all up, I really doubt your military is that big because a large part of your resources (food, supplies for weapons, supplies for housing, and buildings) are going solely to making weapons of war, yet you are gaining nothing in return for those massive investments. Also you are taking everyone that helps with the production of weapons of war away from other more vital tasks meaning that you cannot use as much resources on producing vital stuff (food, vehicles, tools, clothes, buildings).

Your assumptions are largely correct.

OOC: Please keep in mind that this is a national factbook and as such there is some degree of exaggeration.

OOC: Fact books are meant to be books made of facts, so that when people rp with you they can know what to expect, your data should be as realistic as possible.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Suomi Tasavalta
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Suomi Tasavalta » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:36 am

What does the UAWC think of Soumi Tasavalta?

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Zeppy wrote:Does the UAWC have any type of constitution or document explaining the government or "communes" and the people their rights, duties, union and etc.?

The UAWC is a constitutionally Communist and left libertarian country. Our constitution guarantees the right to direct democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of association, and many other rights and freedoms. Our constitution also guarantees Union citizens freedom from authoritarianism, as well as freedom from an organized government that would rule over the people.
Last edited by Uawc on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Suomi Tasavalta wrote:What does the UAWC think of Soumi Tasavalta?

Just another right-wing country, really.

The Valepian Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valepian Lands » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Could UAWC confess its crime of abusing its internet-culture savvy-ness?
RUN FOR AN EMBASSY!
FACTBOOK (!Out of Date!)
DEFCON: [5][4][3][2][1]
|Economic Stats|

The Tofu Islands wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:We should call it

NSG.

Only if it’s discovered that it’s inhabited by trolls.

Zeppy
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeppy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:26 pm

If one of the communes in the UAWC decided democratically to succeed from UAWC (if possible?), would would be the "government" or other communes reaction?

What if said commune elected democratically to become a capitalist state, would the reaction be any different?

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:30 pm

The Valepian Lands wrote:Could UAWC confess its crime of abusing its internet-culture savvy-ness?

Only if you can Triforce.
Last edited by Uawc on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kalakda
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalakda » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Does the UAWC military plan on streamlining its army and retiring most of its weapon types so it won't suffer from logistics problems in the future?
MAKE WAR ON LOVE - Put this in your signature if you agree.
Embassies In: Noordeinde Grays Harbor Orlkjestad New Olwe Chrisman Union Meldaria
Alliances: Christian Coalition of Countries, Space Colonization Coalition, United Conservatives Alliance, Pan-Slavic Union State
-Turgov Civil War (Pulled out)
-First Russenich War (Victory)
-Operation Wipeout (Stalemate)
-Modk Riots (Victory, GA rebels defeated)
-IRS rebellion (Victory)
-Second Russenich War (Stalemate)
George W Bush AOED wrote:I would blame Obama for the last 8 years.

Old Beringia wrote:Resembling the American 1950 average style. Before everything went straight to hell aesthetically wise due to pansy hippies.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Zeppy wrote:If one of the communes in the UAWC decided democratically to succeed from UAWC (if possible?), would would be the "government" or other communes reaction?

What if said commune elected democratically to become a capitalist state, would the reaction be any different?

Never happened before, people are happy with life here. But if it did happen, we'd kindly ask them to leave since they'd be using our land and resources but not contributing to society.

The Valepian Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valepian Lands » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:35 pm

UAWC wrote:
The Valepian Lands wrote:Could UAWC confess its crime of abusing its internet-culture savvy-ness?

Don't think I was to slow to see you failing to make a tri-force.

;)
RUN FOR AN EMBASSY!
FACTBOOK (!Out of Date!)
|Economic Stats|

The Tofu Islands wrote:

NSG.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Kalakda wrote:Does the UAWC military plan on streamlining its army and retiring most of its weapon types so it won't suffer from logistics problems in the future?

UAWC wrote:In an effort to standardize its equipment and simplify logistics, the UAWC has decided to make our CS-RO bullpup battle rifle the new main weapon of the Union. We've taken advantage of its high modularity, coming up with four standard configurations of the rifle to suit different purposes. Of course, there are many, many other configurations - the CS-RO is to the Union what the AR-15 is to capitalist countries.

First off, the standard, original version, simply called the CS-RO. Fires 7.62x54mm from a box magazine of 25 rounds (both larger and smaller magazines are available). Has a two-stage trigger and an internal safety. When on fully automatic, it fires at 550 RPM. The CS-RO was originally designed as a designated marksman rifle, but due to its relatively compact size compared to other rifles of the same type, high degree of accuracy, and other factors, it has found its place in many different roles. It is, as aforementioned, highly modular, and can be customized in many different ways. This rifle has been in service with the Union for many years and remains virtually unchanged.

Next up is the AR-RO. It's the assault rifle version, and fires 7.62x39mmC (Our version of 7.62x39, optimized for tumbling which significantly boosts the lethality of the round). It can use old, cheap AK mags, though usually is loaded with new ones of 30 (both larger and smaller mags exist, however). Like the other versions of the CS-RO, it has a two-stage trigger. Unlike them, it's 600 RPM when fully automatic.

And now for the MG-RO, the machine gun configuration. Can work as either a light or general purpose machine gun, feeding from either AK mags or boxes of 50, 70, 75, 100, and other sizes. Two-stage trigger, of course, and the MG-RO fires at 700 RPM when on fully automatic. It can be chambered in 7.62x39mmC or 7.62x54mm.

Finally, we have the MP-RO. Nearly a submachine gun, it can lay down high volumes of fire and is meant for CQB in urban environments, for use by special ops teams. Again, 7.62x39mmC, 30-round mag with larger and smaller ones available. Two-stage trigger, 800 RPM when fully automatic. This is the least accurate of the CS-RO standard versions. However, due to its bullpup design it still has a long barrel by carbine standards and is still accurate enough to be useful.

All versions of the CS-RO are gas-operated and fire from a rotating bolt. And, in reality, these are all pretty much the same gun with only a couple different extra parts. A Union soldier can be trained to turn one into the other fairly quickly and easily, and the CS-RO comes with all the parts necessary to do so.

We're not retiring other weapons that fall into the categories the CS-RO does; they'll be available for citizens on request but will not be standard issue.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 pm

The Valepian Lands wrote:
UAWC wrote:

Don't think I was to slow to see you failing to make a tri-force.

;)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▲
░░░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░░░░░░░▲
░░░░░▲ ▲░░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲
░░░░▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲
░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓▓░████████░▓▓▓
░░░░░▓▓░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓░░░██░░██░░░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░▓▓░░░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓
░░░░░▓▓▓██░░▓▓░░██▓▓▓
░░░░░░▓▓███░▓▓░███▓▓
░░░░░░▓████████████▓
░░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░████▓▓▓▓████
░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓
░░░░░░░████▓▓▓▓████
░░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░▓▓▓
░░░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░▓▓▓

The Valepian Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valepian Lands » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:40 pm

UAWC wrote:-snipzorz

Ugh, we excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me but...

Yeah, you win an internet.*
*Nice copy-pasta
RUN FOR AN EMBASSY!
FACTBOOK (!Out of Date!)
|Economic Stats|

The Tofu Islands wrote:

NSG.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:42 pm

The Valepian Lands wrote:
UAWC wrote:-snipzorz

Ugh, we excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me but...

Yeah, you win an internet.*
*Nice copy-pasta

That's what I thought. 8)

La Habana
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:33 am

Ew, a smelly communist nation full of smelly communists! Run, children, run!! Ew gad, I can't get it's stink off of me!!! Help me PLEASE SOMEONE!!! Bring me the bleach! THE BLEACH!!!

OOC: You have permission to sig.
Last edited by La Habana on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Original CyberPunk Dystopia of NationStates.
Proteus of F7, God of Foresight and Transformation.
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
Council Member of The Vladivostok Alliance.
New Sociopia wrote:Really camp Jesus flailing his wrists wildly and saying 'Like, ohmygod! Get out of the temple bitches! You aren't nearly fabulous enough!'
La Habana wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:I own most of Antarctica!

Like hell you do.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:09 am

La Habana wrote:Ew, a smelly communist nation full of smelly communists! Run, children, run!! Ew gad, I can't get it's stink off of me!!! Help me PLEASE SOMEONE!!! Bring me the bleach! THE BLEACH!!!

wat

La Habana
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:25 am

UAWC wrote:
La Habana wrote:Ew, a smelly communist nation full of smelly communists! Run, children, run!! Ew gad, I can't get it's stink off of me!!! Help me PLEASE SOMEONE!!! Bring me the bleach! THE BLEACH!!!

wat

I just felt like saying it for the lols, and because I didn't have a proper question.
The Original CyberPunk Dystopia of NationStates.
Proteus of F7, God of Foresight and Transformation.
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
Council Member of The Vladivostok Alliance.
New Sociopia wrote:Really camp Jesus flailing his wrists wildly and saying 'Like, ohmygod! Get out of the temple bitches! You aren't nearly fabulous enough!'
La Habana wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:I own most of Antarctica!

Like hell you do.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 am

La Habana wrote:
UAWC wrote:

wat

I just felt like saying it for the lols, and because I didn't have a proper question.

Well, at least you asked for the Bleach instead of the Naruto.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Zeppy
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeppy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:15 am

The Federal Republic would like to the know the opinion of the citizenry and the "government" of the UAWC towards mutualism.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:29 am

The UAWC is back in action!

This time, with less idealism/revisionism/trolling/retarded PMG creations and more scientific Marxism!

Polska rzczpolspolita
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Polska rzczpolspolita » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:41 am

UAWC wrote:The UAWC is back in action!

This time, with less idealism/revisionism/trolling/retarded PMG creations and more scientific Marxism!

Hooray! Polska's oldest ally has returned!
The Republic of Both Nations

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information