NATION

PASSWORD

Atlas Region Sign-Up (OPEN)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zamani
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zamani » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:00 am

@Atlas, please fix the picture. The picture was not found.

OFFICIAL REQUEST OF MIGRATION TO ATLAS
A request made to the Executive President and Founder to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas[/align]

General National Information

Formal Nation Name: The Honorable Republic of Zamani
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 90,000,000
Active Military Personnel: 900,000
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): Jan 24, 2015.

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: No
If so, what troubles?: N/A
If so, how long ago?: N/A

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted):
Diplomatic RP: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=344204&p=25596557#p25596557
Military RP: Zamanian Civil War
Introduction
It was 1:27 PM, January 10th. My men were tired, their legs sore, some broken. And we return home, finding the Sultan drinking tea, living in luxury. I could not stand the sight. We risk our lives for this country, and the so called "Sultan" is drinking tea?! This was an outrage! It was time. The fool won't see it coming. The plan was set, assassinate him while he's giving out the medals.
That fat fool won't even begin. I took my place atop the tower, aiming. This moment, will change all of Zamani alone. It's all up to me. Those armored guards won't be quick enough, by the time they realize what happened, the body will be in a dumpster. The perfect aim, the perfect crowd, nothing could go wrong. That, was how it all started. But this, was more meaningful than a rivalry, this, will change Zamani forever. – General Akhbar
Current Events
“This is General Akhbar. I have some news to share with you.” General Akhbar admitted onstage, “I assassinated the Sultan! I did this, not for money, but for honor. This country, that we have built, is spoiled. By the very Sultan! He sits here drinking tea, while we risk our lives off fighting for the nation. It’s time the fighters have a say.” General Akhbar flared on the stage. He went down, with people cheering, roaring, none disagreed. But he did not let the support get to his head, now is the time for war.
General Akhbar was determined to be on the battlefield, but stayed, as not to be the biggest target. The army had a strategy, and quite a good one. There will be one force for bait, and the rest hiding, so once the army moves in, they would fall right in to the lair. It was sneaky, and had low casualties. For security, snipers were based on every building in Akhbar’s territory.
The snipers were useless in the end, as the opposing forces fell straight for the trap. The victory was celebrated for 21 days and nights, and surely one, to be told throughout the ages of Zamani. Changes were put to place, however. It now was a democratic republic, called “The Honorable Republic of Zamani” and elections were placed. Akhbar, retiring from duty, ran for president, and won by a landslide!
That, is the first Zamanian Civil war. From here on, hopefully it shall be continued in peace.

Sports RP: N/A
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: Not yet.
If so, pick some (bold specified choices): PPDC MPCP CSCP

Map and Offsite Information

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No - but I will be making one.
If not, would you like one?: I'm doing it myself c:
If so, what is the link?: (This is so you can be added to the region’s wiki) N/A
Desired Location: http://i.imgur.com/2ASEM2i.png (find it in the southern continent)

By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. Do note that any puppet, unless previously cleared by the Founder or Executive President, WILL BE DENIED. By submitting this application, it is also assumed that you don’t mind nations to go into previous Regional posts or close by forum posts to check that you are not going to stir trouble within the region.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:25 am

Though you've got nicer rp samples than what you've posted, I've seen enough to know to accept you.
Welcome to Atlas!
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Versail
Negotiator

Founded: May 21, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:27 am

No one want's a border with me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EEW-9NDM5k
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, Whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?~ Gandhi.
http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/2499

Azrea
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrea » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Hello!
I have been in Atlas before my nation fell inactive. I want to come back to NS & be active but most importantly - Atlas.
Do I have to re-apply once more?
Thanks,
Azrea

The Republic of Azrea
Area: 311,934 sq.miles | Population: 35,480,000 (As of August 1) |
Largest City: Greenville (3.7M population)
GDPpc : $34,100

KPB Ranking (Post WC75): 97

BoF56 QuarterFinalist

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:43 pm

Azrea wrote:Hello!
I have been in Atlas before my nation fell inactive. I want to come back to NS & be active but most importantly - Atlas.
Do I have to re-apply once more?
Thanks,
Azrea

Sorry, but I don't really no you (your rp style and such), so I'd prefer it if you could reapply.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kwadai » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:05 pm

A request made to the Executive President and Founder to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas

Formal Nation Name: The United Arab Emirates of KwaDai
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 72,246,110
Active Military Personnel: 462,716
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): 20th February 2013

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: Yes, on one occasion.
If so, what troubles?: Mistakingly posting explicit RP content.
If so, how long ago?: March 2015

Roleplaying

Please post at least one RP post (can be link or written out there, you only need to do one, but doing more increases your chances of being accepted):

Tripoli International Airport, Emirate of Tripoli, KwaDai:
Maxim Allard had just arrived into Tripoli International Airport to catch part two of his journey to Nuevo Meshiko. In the last fifteen hours he had finished packing, checked his passports and tickets, slept, woke up, said goodbyes to his friends and family at Yafran International Airport and took a short flight across KwaDai to the capital, Tripoli where the his flight to Nuevo Meshiko would take off. Here he was to meet the other KwaDaian student who was travelling as another exchange student with him. Her name was Rania al Sharif. "She was lucky", Maxim thought "She lives in Tripoli"
Maxim and Rania were part of an International Exchange student programme and would be joining up with other teenagers from around the world to experience life and school in Nuevo Meshiko.
Tripoli International Airport was a magnificent building built on the sea front in Tajoura a division of Tripoli. The airport was sleek and high-tec with three terminals, three being the one Maxim and Rania were to use today. It was hub for Imperial Arab Airways, KwaDai's luxury flag carrier.

Maxim waited on the other side of customs for Rania, she was a beautiful girl with tanned skin and dark brown hair. Her eyes were the same colour as Maxim's a light shade of brown. Maxim too was very handsome he had a lighter brown shade of hair with a more lightly tanned skin also. Like Rania his facial features were all perfect. KwaDaian people paid close attention to appearance and personal hygiene therefore they were always neat and particular about clothing and presenting themselves well. Rania wore the traditional Arabic abaya with a headscarf which did not cover her face. Maxim was wearing teal coloured chinos with a grey long sleeve polo shirt and a blue scarf, it certainly was not cold in KwaDai during the summer with temperatures averaging 34°c every day on the coast but on the evening the day before a rare summer thunderstorm and flash flood had caused a lot of cooling and reduced current temperatures down to about 28°c. It was raining whilst the two waited for their flight but not heavily.

After clearing final passport and ticket checks Rania and Maxim boarded Imperial Arab Airways Flight IA126 Maxim and Rania found their seats next to the window about halfway down Economy Class of the plane. Unlike other airlines Imperial Arab Airways Economy Class was better than most airlines business class with five star entertainment and food provided all seats were equipped with iPads and liberal amounts of legroom.

Once safety announcements and the plane took off Maxim turned to asking Rania some questions. "So Rania, we have a long flight so we may as well get to know each other better, care to share with me a little about yourself?"
"Of course, why not?, Well you know I live in Tripoli. I am 17, I like travelling, cats, meeting new people and learning new things. I have two younger brothers. Also I speak Arabic and Italian as well as English and I'm Muslim as you probably guessed. What about you?", Rania replies smiling revealing her perfect white teeth.
"Me, well I live in East Yafran with my parents, younger brother and older sister, I'm 17 and love learning languages, art and music. Previously I lived in Sabha.I am a speaker of Arabic and French as well as English but I'm learning German and hopefully Italian, oh and I'm gay but I have only come out to my friends and sister all of whom took it well and supported me and now I've just come out to you", Maxim explains waiting for Rania's reaction to it(or to one part in particular) "Awesome, I'm glad they supported you, now you have another supporter", Rania says nicely

After a few hours of talking and using iPads and watching a film the plane and Maxim and Rania began to near Nuevo Meshikan airspace and the announcements as made to remain seated and prepare for landing.

"Wow Rania, we're here, time to meet everyone else", Maxim said rather excitedly once they began to walk off the plane and into the terminal.

The calm water of the canal rippled while Kaspir sat there on the bank solemnly his back to the cold stone with what should have been the start of his painting resting on his lap, usually he was more alive and willing to paint however tonight he felt different more subdued and quiet. Something was... peculiar. Kaspir did know without a shadow of doubt that it was all to do with the prophecy and The Returnthat the man in the square had been rambling about, everyone was preparing to leave. Kaspir and his best friend Alyo were of course leaving too as it would most likely be strange not to, he didn't know anyone who was staying. But he couldn't help feel slightly anxious. What if it failed? What if it went wrong? What if...it wasn't meant to be? That wasn't all though he had another feeling too, a strange one lurking in the back of his mind that he just couldn't understand or brush away.

Sighing he looked up and stared in awe at just how beautiful it was. True he had seen it all his life but it still just impressed him to no end. Kaspir picked up the blank sheet and lay it on the ground before then taking his brush, dipping it paint and settling down to start. He planned to do a painting unlike any he had ever done in memory of Bisith. He would create a scene of the canals snaking through the city exactly how they looked in front of him. Normally he would take little snippets of scenes from around the city and blend them all together, but not this time.

Not long after Kaspir started painting he could hear footsteps behind him and and abruptly turned his head to see who it was, breathing a sigh of relief when he noticed it was just his friend Alyo. Puzzled by why he was relieved it was his friend for it was safe here in Bisith for the to an extent anyway. "Any reason you are so...silent?", Alyo questioned sitting down next to Kaspir. Kaspir turned to his right looking at Alyo "I'm just questioning all of this, you know The Prophecy and that speech", he mutters quietly. "Well not much we can do other than just wait and hope for the absolute best", Alyo replies before standing up "Come on let's just go home, out of this cold"
Alyo grabs Kaspir's arm and pulls him up to standing. "Yeah I guess you're right", Kaspir's says following Alyo back towards their house.

Alyo and Kaspir continued along down the now eerily silent and empty street, it looked as if no one had been there since it was built. That of course was far from the truth. The reality was everyone was inside, asleep or escaping the cold. By day (though day wasn't easily distinguishable from night) the streets were full of life especially at this time with all the bustling activity and frantic people rushing around like there was no tomorrow.
Kaspir brushed his hair off his forehead with his hand before breaking the silence. "Alyo, what do you think of all of this, you haven't said much on it" Alyo glanced at Kaspir with an obviously confused look across his face "Kaspir, I have already said that I think all we can do is wait and hope for the best". "But that's not what I'm asking, I'm asking do you think it will work", Kaspir replies as they turned the corner and their house came into view. "To be totally honest with you....I really have no idea", Alyo yawned. This was the truth Alyo really had no clue, he was usually quieter than Kaspir about his emotions. While Kaspir would just blurt out his emotions, Alyo would try and hide them to himself. However he would always tell Kaspir because he knew he could trust him.

"Anyway we're home Al so lets just forget about it all", Kaspir says in his usual light and friendly tone opening the door and stepping into the warmer environment and breathing a loud sigh of relief. Alyo followed him quickly in a rush to get out of the bone chilling Bisith air. "Goodnight Kaspir, I can't stay awake any longer, if I do I'll just fall over I'm going to sleep", Alyo tries to laugh before dragging himself slowly to bed.

No more than ten minutes after Alyo had left the room for bed, a frightfully loud knock came from the door. Kaspir almost fell of his seat in fright, his heart racing. "Who the hell would just knock on our door at this ungodly hour?", Kaspir thought now quite annoyed. Standing up and walking over to open the door. Kaspir pulled his creaky door opened he would have enquired about fixing it but it was rather unnecessary now. Staring outside he noticed there was no there and was about to close the door when in the corner of his eye he noticed the edict and a man running up the street doing the same to every door now knowing that it was the cause of the loud slam on the door Kaspire pulled it off the door he didn't bother to read through it, that was for later. Instead he quietly he closed the door and ran quickly down the street in pursue of the man sticking the edicts up, he needed information, not on the edict of course he knew exactly what that was about, no what he was really after was trustworthy information about The Return and the expedition for those whose names were soon to be drawn.

Ezri Kuznetsov
Ezri rolled onto his back from his side after being woken by his alarm. He sat up and looked around his dorm, which was really quite simple. The day before he had met his roommate...it was then he realised how glad the dorms were home to more students. His roommate was a boy called Gordon. Thankfully, Gordon had already woken up and left the room.
Ezri doubted he would have been able to stand waking up to that pretentious stuck up human. Pulling the blanket off him, Ezri slid out of the bed standing up. luckily he wasn't all that tired. He was exceedingly attractive with his lightly tanned skin which was smooth and without blemishes. In addition to this he had soft dark brown hair with similarly coloured eyes. He definetly took his appearance from his Israeli mother's side.
Now he was ready to get dressed for the upcoming day. Ezri chose a pair of black skinny jeans, a light grey sweatshirt and a black and white scarf folded neatly around his neck along with maroon coloured Vans shoes.
Once he had dressed for the day Ezri left his room to see who else was awake and in the recreation room. There were some attractive guys in the school, unfortunately for Ezri he was not yet out and secondly he did not know if any of the other guys were gay. He entered the room and immediately was greeted by the sight of Gordon and a few others.

Maya Kuznetsov
Maya awoke to the sound of her alarm in the girls dorm. Her roommate, Isabella was already awake. Unlike Ezri, Maya had a very pleasant roommate which definitely would make things easier for her. "Good morning", she greeted Isabella a little sleepily as she was still in the process of fully waking up. Pulling herself up into a sitting position, Maya brushed her hair out of her eyes.

Ms Qusaibi
"Alright so can everyone please take bullet point notes from each slide on your tablets that I presume you were given first class yesterday. The first slide is just an overview of the climate of our country", the teacher announced bringing the stage onto the screen. It read:

KwaDai's climate is commonly classified as a tropical desert climate which means it receives very hot and dry summers, autumns and springs and warm winters. It is generally humid year round due to its coastal position, therefore only coastal areas generally stay consistently humid. The country receives near constant sunshine and very sparse rainfall.

Ms Qusaibi waited for everyone to finish note taking before moving on to the second slide.

The overall average for the entire country in July is 45°c and the average January temperature is 26°c. This varies from region to region with the coastal areas being the most humid and the inner areas being the most arid. The most comfortable time of the year is generally named to be between December and February with day and night temperatures significantly cooler than the rest of the year. Record high temperatures for KwaDai were recorded in the town of 'Aziziyā hitting 57°c and the coldest ever recorded temperature being 6°c. Most rainfall falls in November and January but even at that only about eight days are expected at most. May, June, July and August statistically receives least rainfall. Sea temperatures rarely drop lower than 23°c even at winter and go up to over 34°c in the summer.

"If you have any at any stage of the slide show questions please ask away", the teacher said in between switching on to the third slide.

Natural hazards are uncommon with KwaDai not being prone to earthquakes, hurricanes or volcanic activity, however sandstorms do occur, mainly during the last few weeks of spring and late summer. Sharq winds are the local name given to the strong and very dry eastern and southeastern winds that often batter KwaDai in spring and autumn which cause dust storms. Sometimes KwaDai receives strong winds from the north known as shamal which are more humid and can carry rain. Due to the exceedingly dry and arid climate of KwaDai when it rains, flooding often follows.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]After arriving in Nevidgrad, the KwaDaian, Lukas al Mansour quickly made his way to Chalet 48 the chalet he was assigned to stay in for the duration of his Luziycan cultural study experience, something he had been considerably looking forward to. It was not too far from where the bus had dropped him and the other students and artists off earlier that day. He felt the snow and cold may take a little bit of time to adjust to, seeing as he had come from a desert country however pushing that aside he concentrated on more important issues like unpacking and settling into Chalet 48. It was definetly something he would enjoy and hoped to make the most out of his time there.

After Lukas had spent an hour resting from his long time travelling and having chnaged to more suitable clothes in his new home he decided to brave the cold and head outside to look around and get to know the area and its people. Making sure to wear warm enough clothes (not something he was used to) he left the building and strolled out into the street. "Wow...this is certainly beautiful, I think I'm going to enjoy it here", he thought happily to himself. Luckily St Paul's Square was only a short distance from his chalet and it appeared to be the easiest place to start off in, perhaps he would first search for something to eat or drink.

Diplomatic RP: N/A
Military RP: N/A
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: Perhaps sometime later, but for now I will decline.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No
If not, would you like one?: Not currently
If so, what is the link?: N/A
Desired Location: Here would be good, but I can shrink the claim if necessary.

By submitting this application, it is assumed that you have read and agreed with the Constitution of the region. If you are a member of the World Assembly, upon entrance, please endorse the current Executive President. Do note that any puppet, unless previously cleared by the Founder or Executive President, WILL BE DENIED. By submitting this application, it is also assumed that you don’t mind nations to go into previous Regional posts or close by forum posts to check that you are not going to stir trouble within the region.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Montecroce
Attaché

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Montecroce » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:21 pm

Before I fire off an app...does your nation reflect real-life, in the form of cultures (religions, languages, etc.)?

The North American-European Union
Secretary

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The North American-European Union » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:07 pm

A request made to the Executive President and Founder to allow the below nation to enter the region of Atlas

Formal Nation Name:The Utopia of the North American-European Union, commonly NAEU
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population):850 million
Active Military Personnel:1.1 million
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old):I do not have a date as I was recently refounded but I was founded roughly 1 1/2 years ago. Proof from my population and can provide telegram proof as well.

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?:No
If so, what troubles?:See above
If so, how long ago?:See above

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP:NWP forum only
Military RP:NWP forum only
Sports RP:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=300444
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?:Yes, but could not find meanings to below acronyms

Do you have an IIWiki page?:No
If not, would you like one?:Looking into it
If so, what is the link?: (This is so you can be added to the region’s wiki)
Desired Location:
Around that bay northwest of Aronia
The Utopia of The North American-European Union
"Excellentia y innovatia e'omnibus"
Commonly NAEU

Der Staatenbunde
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Staatenbunde » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:47 pm

Montecroce wrote:Before I fire off an app...does your nation reflect real-life, in the form of cultures (religions, languages, etc.)?

yes to a point, you can make up your own culture/religions et al, but nothing non-earth

The Federal Republic of the Commonwealth
==Sasutary Island and the Milvian States==
[=Der Bundesrepublika die Staatenbunde=]

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:27 pm

The North American-European Union wrote:

Formal Nation Name:The Utopia of the North American-European Union, commonly NAEU
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population):850 million
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old):I do not have a date as I was recently refounded but I was founded roughly 1 1/2 years ago. Proof from my population and can provide telegram proof as well.

Moderation History

Roleplaying

Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?:Yes, but could not find meanings to below acronyms

Desired Location:Around that bay northwest of Aronia

Hi,
Would you be able to perform some rp examples for me to judge the quality of your rping more? Also, why is your pop so large? How is your gdp per capita?

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:29 pm

KwaDai wrote:

Formal Nation Name: The United Arab Emirates of KwaDai
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 72,246,110
Active Military Personnel: 462,716
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): 20th February 2013

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: Yes, on one occasion.
If so, what troubles?: Mistakingly posting explicit RP content.
If so, how long ago?: March 2015

Roleplaying

Tripoli International Airport, Emirate of Tripoli, KwaDai:
Maxim Allard had just arrived into Tripoli International Airport to catch part two of his journey to Nuevo Meshiko. In the last fifteen hours he had finished packing, checked his passports and tickets, slept, woke up, said goodbyes to his friends and family at Yafran International Airport and took a short flight across KwaDai to the capital, Tripoli where the his flight to Nuevo Meshiko would take off. Here he was to meet the other KwaDaian student who was travelling as another exchange student with him. Her name was Rania al Sharif. "She was lucky", Maxim thought "She lives in Tripoli"
Maxim and Rania were part of an International Exchange student programme and would be joining up with other teenagers from around the world to experience life and school in Nuevo Meshiko.
Tripoli International Airport was a magnificent building built on the sea front in Tajoura a division of Tripoli. The airport was sleek and high-tec with three terminals, three being the one Maxim and Rania were to use today. It was hub for Imperial Arab Airways, KwaDai's luxury flag carrier.

Maxim waited on the other side of customs for Rania, she was a beautiful girl with tanned skin and dark brown hair. Her eyes were the same colour as Maxim's a light shade of brown. Maxim too was very handsome he had a lighter brown shade of hair with a more lightly tanned skin also. Like Rania his facial features were all perfect. KwaDaian people paid close attention to appearance and personal hygiene therefore they were always neat and particular about clothing and presenting themselves well. Rania wore the traditional Arabic abaya with a headscarf which did not cover her face. Maxim was wearing teal coloured chinos with a grey long sleeve polo shirt and a blue scarf, it certainly was not cold in KwaDai during the summer with temperatures averaging 34°c every day on the coast but on the evening the day before a rare summer thunderstorm and flash flood had caused a lot of cooling and reduced current temperatures down to about 28°c. It was raining whilst the two waited for their flight but not heavily.

After clearing final passport and ticket checks Rania and Maxim boarded Imperial Arab Airways Flight IA126 Maxim and Rania found their seats next to the window about halfway down Economy Class of the plane. Unlike other airlines Imperial Arab Airways Economy Class was better than most airlines business class with five star entertainment and food provided all seats were equipped with iPads and liberal amounts of legroom.

Once safety announcements and the plane took off Maxim turned to asking Rania some questions. "So Rania, we have a long flight so we may as well get to know each other better, care to share with me a little about yourself?"
"Of course, why not?, Well you know I live in Tripoli. I am 17, I like travelling, cats, meeting new people and learning new things. I have two younger brothers. Also I speak Arabic and Italian as well as English and I'm Muslim as you probably guessed. What about you?", Rania replies smiling revealing her perfect white teeth.
"Me, well I live in East Yafran with my parents, younger brother and older sister, I'm 17 and love learning languages, art and music. Previously I lived in Sabha.I am a speaker of Arabic and French as well as English but I'm learning German and hopefully Italian, oh and I'm gay but I have only come out to my friends and sister all of whom took it well and supported me and now I've just come out to you", Maxim explains waiting for Rania's reaction to it(or to one part in particular) "Awesome, I'm glad they supported you, now you have another supporter", Rania says nicely

After a few hours of talking and using iPads and watching a film the plane and Maxim and Rania began to near Nuevo Meshikan airspace and the announcements as made to remain seated and prepare for landing.

"Wow Rania, we're here, time to meet everyone else", Maxim said rather excitedly once they began to walk off the plane and into the terminal.

The calm water of the canal rippled while Kaspir sat there on the bank solemnly his back to the cold stone with what should have been the start of his painting resting on his lap, usually he was more alive and willing to paint however tonight he felt different more subdued and quiet. Something was... peculiar. Kaspir did know without a shadow of doubt that it was all to do with the prophecy and The Returnthat the man in the square had been rambling about, everyone was preparing to leave. Kaspir and his best friend Alyo were of course leaving too as it would most likely be strange not to, he didn't know anyone who was staying. But he couldn't help feel slightly anxious. What if it failed? What if it went wrong? What if...it wasn't meant to be? That wasn't all though he had another feeling too, a strange one lurking in the back of his mind that he just couldn't understand or brush away.

Sighing he looked up and stared in awe at just how beautiful it was. True he had seen it all his life but it still just impressed him to no end. Kaspir picked up the blank sheet and lay it on the ground before then taking his brush, dipping it paint and settling down to start. He planned to do a painting unlike any he had ever done in memory of Bisith. He would create a scene of the canals snaking through the city exactly how they looked in front of him. Normally he would take little snippets of scenes from around the city and blend them all together, but not this time.

Not long after Kaspir started painting he could hear footsteps behind him and and abruptly turned his head to see who it was, breathing a sigh of relief when he noticed it was just his friend Alyo. Puzzled by why he was relieved it was his friend for it was safe here in Bisith for the to an extent anyway. "Any reason you are so...silent?", Alyo questioned sitting down next to Kaspir. Kaspir turned to his right looking at Alyo "I'm just questioning all of this, you know The Prophecy and that speech", he mutters quietly. "Well not much we can do other than just wait and hope for the absolute best", Alyo replies before standing up "Come on let's just go home, out of this cold"
Alyo grabs Kaspir's arm and pulls him up to standing. "Yeah I guess you're right", Kaspir's says following Alyo back towards their house.

Alyo and Kaspir continued along down the now eerily silent and empty street, it looked as if no one had been there since it was built. That of course was far from the truth. The reality was everyone was inside, asleep or escaping the cold. By day (though day wasn't easily distinguishable from night) the streets were full of life especially at this time with all the bustling activity and frantic people rushing around like there was no tomorrow.
Kaspir brushed his hair off his forehead with his hand before breaking the silence. "Alyo, what do you think of all of this, you haven't said much on it" Alyo glanced at Kaspir with an obviously confused look across his face "Kaspir, I have already said that I think all we can do is wait and hope for the best". "But that's not what I'm asking, I'm asking do you think it will work", Kaspir replies as they turned the corner and their house came into view. "To be totally honest with you....I really have no idea", Alyo yawned. This was the truth Alyo really had no clue, he was usually quieter than Kaspir about his emotions. While Kaspir would just blurt out his emotions, Alyo would try and hide them to himself. However he would always tell Kaspir because he knew he could trust him.

"Anyway we're home Al so lets just forget about it all", Kaspir says in his usual light and friendly tone opening the door and stepping into the warmer environment and breathing a loud sigh of relief. Alyo followed him quickly in a rush to get out of the bone chilling Bisith air. "Goodnight Kaspir, I can't stay awake any longer, if I do I'll just fall over I'm going to sleep", Alyo tries to laugh before dragging himself slowly to bed.

No more than ten minutes after Alyo had left the room for bed, a frightfully loud knock came from the door. Kaspir almost fell of his seat in fright, his heart racing. "Who the hell would just knock on our door at this ungodly hour?", Kaspir thought now quite annoyed. Standing up and walking over to open the door. Kaspir pulled his creaky door opened he would have enquired about fixing it but it was rather unnecessary now. Staring outside he noticed there was no there and was about to close the door when in the corner of his eye he noticed the edict and a man running up the street doing the same to every door now knowing that it was the cause of the loud slam on the door Kaspire pulled it off the door he didn't bother to read through it, that was for later. Instead he quietly he closed the door and ran quickly down the street in pursue of the man sticking the edicts up, he needed information, not on the edict of course he knew exactly what that was about, no what he was really after was trustworthy information about The Return and the expedition for those whose names were soon to be drawn.

Ezri Kuznetsov
Ezri rolled onto his back from his side after being woken by his alarm. He sat up and looked around his dorm, which was really quite simple. The day before he had met his roommate...it was then he realised how glad the dorms were home to more students. His roommate was a boy called Gordon. Thankfully, Gordon had already woken up and left the room.
Ezri doubted he would have been able to stand waking up to that pretentious stuck up human. Pulling the blanket off him, Ezri slid out of the bed standing up. luckily he wasn't all that tired. He was exceedingly attractive with his lightly tanned skin which was smooth and without blemishes. In addition to this he had soft dark brown hair with similarly coloured eyes. He definetly took his appearance from his Israeli mother's side.
Now he was ready to get dressed for the upcoming day. Ezri chose a pair of black skinny jeans, a light grey sweatshirt and a black and white scarf folded neatly around his neck along with maroon coloured Vans shoes.
Once he had dressed for the day Ezri left his room to see who else was awake and in the recreation room. There were some attractive guys in the school, unfortunately for Ezri he was not yet out and secondly he did not know if any of the other guys were gay. He entered the room and immediately was greeted by the sight of Gordon and a few others.

Maya Kuznetsov
Maya awoke to the sound of her alarm in the girls dorm. Her roommate, Isabella was already awake. Unlike Ezri, Maya had a very pleasant roommate which definitely would make things easier for her. "Good morning", she greeted Isabella a little sleepily as she was still in the process of fully waking up. Pulling herself up into a sitting position, Maya brushed her hair out of her eyes.

Ms Qusaibi
"Alright so can everyone please take bullet point notes from each slide on your tablets that I presume you were given first class yesterday. The first slide is just an overview of the climate of our country", the teacher announced bringing the stage onto the screen. It read:

KwaDai's climate is commonly classified as a tropical desert climate which means it receives very hot and dry summers, autumns and springs and warm winters. It is generally humid year round due to its coastal position, therefore only coastal areas generally stay consistently humid. The country receives near constant sunshine and very sparse rainfall.

Ms Qusaibi waited for everyone to finish note taking before moving on to the second slide.

The overall average for the entire country in July is 45°c and the average January temperature is 26°c. This varies from region to region with the coastal areas being the most humid and the inner areas being the most arid. The most comfortable time of the year is generally named to be between December and February with day and night temperatures significantly cooler than the rest of the year. Record high temperatures for KwaDai were recorded in the town of 'Aziziyā hitting 57°c and the coldest ever recorded temperature being 6°c. Most rainfall falls in November and January but even at that only about eight days are expected at most. May, June, July and August statistically receives least rainfall. Sea temperatures rarely drop lower than 23°c even at winter and go up to over 34°c in the summer.

"If you have any at any stage of the slide show questions please ask away", the teacher said in between switching on to the third slide.

Natural hazards are uncommon with KwaDai not being prone to earthquakes, hurricanes or volcanic activity, however sandstorms do occur, mainly during the last few weeks of spring and late summer. Sharq winds are the local name given to the strong and very dry eastern and southeastern winds that often batter KwaDai in spring and autumn which cause dust storms. Sometimes KwaDai receives strong winds from the north known as shamal which are more humid and can carry rain. Due to the exceedingly dry and arid climate of KwaDai when it rains, flooding often follows.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]After arriving in Nevidgrad, the KwaDaian, Lukas al Mansour quickly made his way to Chalet 48 the chalet he was assigned to stay in for the duration of his Luziycan cultural study experience, something he had been considerably looking forward to. It was not too far from where the bus had dropped him and the other students and artists off earlier that day. He felt the snow and cold may take a little bit of time to adjust to, seeing as he had come from a desert country however pushing that aside he concentrated on more important issues like unpacking and settling into Chalet 48. It was definetly something he would enjoy and hoped to make the most out of his time there.

After Lukas had spent an hour resting from his long time travelling and having chnaged to more suitable clothes in his new home he decided to brave the cold and head outside to look around and get to know the area and its people. Making sure to wear warm enough clothes (not something he was used to) he left the building and strolled out into the street. "Wow...this is certainly beautiful, I think I'm going to enjoy it here", he thought happily to himself. Luckily St Paul's Square was only a short distance from his chalet and it appeared to be the easiest place to start off in, perhaps he would first search for something to eat or drink.

Diplomatic RP: N/A
Military RP: N/A
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: Perhaps sometime later, but for now I will decline.

If not, would you like one?: Not currently
If so, what is the link?: N/A
Desired Location: Here would be good, but I can shrink the claim if necessary.

I'll just get the pass to you now.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The North American-European Union » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:15 am

Coraspia wrote:

Moderation History

Roleplaying

Desired Location:Around that bay northwest of Aronia

Hi,
Would you be able to perform some rp examples for me to judge the quality of your rping more? Also, why is your pop so large? How is your gdp per capita?

I would be happy to take park in the rp examples, just give me a topic. My population is large because my original backstory was that NAEU controlled the eastern portion of North America and the western portion of Europe, which gives us lots of land to work with and I actually did the math on it. I can scale it back if you want to. My GDP per capita is 110,000 terns/populus which translates to about 75,000 nsd/populus.
Commonly NAEU

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:45 am

KwaDai! You're applying! :D

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:00 am

Yeah, if you could scale it back, that'd be awesome.

Anyway, we don't do enough diplomatic rps in my opinion, so here's your RP prompt:
The nation of Rasinia has sent you an offer of a military/trade alliance. Rasinia is huge, economically powerful, influencial and will give you access to many different markets. However, Rasinia engages in the brtal repression of its own people, and is suspected of supporting terrorism. Please RP your governments response.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The North American-European Union » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Esteemed Leader of Rasina:
We have received your treaty request and unfortunately have to decline your offer. While recognizing the benefits a treaty with a country as large and influential as your own, our administration believes that public approval of your nation in ours is below the levels they need to be for us to feel comfortable declaring allegiance with you. Without discussing the legitimacy of these claims, we believe that the public and governmental backlash from a treaty of this kind outweighs the benefits that would arise from the treaty itself. We are, however, interested in possible tariff reductions for your countries exportations as long as the exporting companies are acceptable per our Business Standards Act.

I am thinking 425 million with 750,000 in the military.
Commonly NAEU

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:47 pm

We have received your treaty request and unfortunately have to decline your offer. While recognizing the benefits a treaty with a country as large and influential as your own, our administration believes that public approval of your nation in ours is below the levels they need to be for us to feel comfortable declaring allegiance with you. Without discussing the legitimacy of these claims, we believe that the public and governmental backlash from a treaty of this kind outweighs the benefits that would arise from the treaty itself. We are, however, interested in possible tariff reductions for your countries exportations as long as the exporting companies are acceptable per our Business Standards Act.

I personally would like if you kept your population under 250 million.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:12 am

I was thinking more in depth discussions between your political leaders? Because some of them surely will think differently?

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:12 am

Roski wrote:

I personally would like if you kept your population under 250 million.

No need to go too restrictive.

Alexiandra
Senator

Founded: Feb 04, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Alexiandra » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:25 am

Formal Nation Name: The Armed Republic of Alexiandra
Nation Population (RP wise, it cannot over-exceed your current population): 498 million
Active Military Personnel: 2 million
Date your nation was created in (must be a month old): 4 February, 2010

Moderation History

Any troubles with the mods?: Nope
If so, what troubles?:
If so, how long ago?:

Roleplaying

Diplomatic RP: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=348478
Military RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=348822&p=25393939&sid=20a102bb17bd522468544e8e18415f33#p25393939
Do you wish to join any Atlas-only alliances?: I don't know what any of these alliances are.

If not, would you like one?: Yes
Desired Location: The territory immediately north of Ideos, please.

Last edited by Alexiandra on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
'A distinction is made in private life between what a man thinks and says of himself and what he really is and does. In historical struggles one must make a still sharper distinction between the phrases and fantasies of the parties and their real organisation and real interests, between their conception of themselves and what they really are.'

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:36 am

Accepted! Password incoming.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The North American-European Union » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:52 pm

I am sorry but I do not have time to play games to get in. I was the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the New Warsaw Pact (#37 in nationstates) and 2 or 3 people have already gotten in while I was doing some made up RP game.
Commonly NAEU

Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious ReBublic of Alevstan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:43 pm

The North American-European Union wrote:I am sorry but I do not have time to play games to get in. I was the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the New Warsaw Pact (#37 in nationstates) and 2 or 3 people have already gotten in while I was doing some made up RP game.

Was it that hard to write a three-line communiqué?
Sorry for the spelling mistake in my name.
ICly, I am the Vilats Union | IIWiki

Join Atlas!
You can call me Alev.
Neutral Good
QUOTES
Kouralia wrote:You're in a man of war. Screw 'main efforts' and 'objectives'; sail around and look like a badass mother-fucker and sing sea shanties.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:15 pm

The North American-European Union wrote:I am sorry but I do not have time to play games to get in. I was the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the New Warsaw Pact (#37 in nationstates) and 2 or 3 people have already gotten in while I was doing some made up RP game.

Dude,
Normally writing up an Application is standard operating procedure to get into a region. If you are unable to do that, then of course no one will invite you to their region.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

New Chilokver
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Chilokver » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:

Dude,
Normally writing up an Application is standard operating procedure to get into a region. If you are unable to do that, then of course no one will invite you to their region.

Damn. I was hoping it was an app from you.

About User
Hong Kong-Australian Male
Pro: Yeah
Neutral: Meh
Con: Nah
| [1] | [2] | [3] | [4] | [5] |
[HOI I - Peacetime conditions]
Head of Government: President Sohum Jain
Population: 195.10 million
GDP (nominal): $6.39 trillion
Military personnel: 523.5k
IIWiki
| There is no news. |
Other Stuff
Lingria wrote:Just realized I'm better at roleplaying then talking to another human being.
Fck.
WARNING: This nation represents my RL views.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:38 pm

New Chilokver wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:Dude,

Damn. I was hoping it was an app from you.

I am in a dying region. But I am still scoping out my options. I have 3 in the top tier that I may go with.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information