NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country, Type-9 [Read OP pl0x]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who should OP the next MMW thread?

Yes I am Biop
9%
Ulfr-Reich
19%
Vareiln
3%
Coltarin
8%
Risen Britannia
49%
Beano
13%

Total votes : 78

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Mon May 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Premislyd wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:
AK-47 is a blanket term used the Soviets and later, CIA, for the first series of prototypes and early production model AKs. The AKM is the best known AK and is commonly called an AK-47 because of the CIA and Soviet blanket term.

So, no. gtfo.

But now you ruined it for taking it seriously, thx

I DO NOT JOKE WHEN IT COMES TO SYSTEMA KALASHNIKOV.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Premislyd wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:
AK-47 is a blanket term used the Soviets and later, CIA, for the first series of prototypes and early production model AKs. The AKM is the best known AK and is commonly called an AK-47 because of the CIA and Soviet blanket term.

So, no. gtfo.

You ruined it by not making it funny.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Mon May 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Benomia wrote:
Premislyd wrote:

You ruined it by not making it funny.

It was funny for me <3
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon May 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Benomia wrote:
Black Hand wrote:Also any basic data?

I already have an entire IC history to it, but data isn't as plentiful.

7.62x25mm Tokerev+P (military designation .30 TTok), straight blowback operated, single action. Other than that, no.

Yea, that's it. I like it now.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon May 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Benomia wrote:
I already have an entire IC history to it, but data isn't as plentiful.

7.62x25mm Tokerev+P (military designation .30 TTok), straight blowback operated, single action. Other than that, no.

Yea, that's it. I like it now.

l8

Already a new version out.
Unreachable.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon May 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Yea, that's it. I like it now.

l8

And I happen to prefer this one.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon May 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:l8

And I happen to prefer this one.

Have fun not shooting things I guess. :/
Unreachable.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Yea, that's it. I like it now.

l8

That version was a one-off. I've moved the magazine forward to make room for some springs and stuff in the grip, because, frankly, the hammerless version just looked ugly.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Latest, possibly last, version.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Ulfr-Reich
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulfr-Reich » Mon May 13, 2013 2:09 pm

The description of that glorious 50mm broadsword cartridge:
The U.H.Q.G. is famous for it's cruel and terrifying designs, one such example is this monster of a shell. Having been called "grapeshot in can" by Tsavonian artillery operators due to how absolutely destructive the high velocity tungsten cored and bronze jacketed buck n' ball was during the siege of Schonenberg (a Tsavonian coastal city, one of their major ports in fact). The field-gun model of the M1907, which bears a "swivel out" stock/rear-frame mechanism, allowing the barrel to swivel out for ease of reloading. That mechanism allow for a strategic importance to be put upon the M1908 50mm Breiðr-Sverð for Tsavonian and other "non-Ulfran" light gunnery crews manning defensive position due to the level of flesh tearing doom being brought upon the charging Naðrfirar hordes.

In comparison to it's application for other nations during the Deep Wars (Naðrfirar Crisis), it garnered immense popularity with Ulfranes Haer close combat teams and FIA Kommandosoldate units due to it's application as a breaching shell, and general deck-sweeper.
Asatruar (bloody-well proud of it) | Ethnogeography & Migratory Anthropology/Linguistics Researcher (In my spare time) | Actual Jarlist| And yes, I am vehemently anti-pony/brony | Borderline FanT/NightmareT, very Norse/Proto-Germanic/Gothic| Æþalatsheim = http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aethal.

RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Benomia wrote:(Image)

Where is the safety?

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon May 13, 2013 2:12 pm

You've come a long way. A long, long way.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:

That much is true.

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Mon May 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Awesome, certainly better than any pistol I can lineart.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Purpelia wrote:

Where is the safety?

There isn't one. If one wants to prevent the pistol from firing, one simply moves the hammer into the upwards position.

Single action means that the weapon will not be able to fire in that state.

Vareiln wrote:

Awesome, certainly better than any pistol I can lineart.

I said the same exact line about ten days ago.
Last edited by Benomia on Mon May 13, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Benomia wrote:There isn't one. If one wants to prevent the pistol from firing, one simply moves the hammer into the upwards position.

I just wanted you to say that. Since the lack of a push safety was your argument against my gun.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Benomia wrote:There isn't one. If one wants to prevent the pistol from firing, one simply moves the hammer into the upwards position.

I just wanted you to say that. Since the lack of a push safety was your argument against my gun.

Not really. My problem with your safety is that it wasn't shared with any other gun in history, which means that you'd actually have to tell someone how to do it, rather than not having to which is what my gun is. The previews service pistol (Rokam Mk.2 Mod 2) used the same system as the ZR-1, so no new training is needed.

And the fact that your gun was going to have some odd looking holsters.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:

Let us not forget the first post I made in this topic...

*shudders*

Better yet, how about we all forget anyway.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:No. API in a pistol is ridiculous.

PM63 says hai
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Benomia wrote:Not really. My problem with your safety is that it wasn't shared with any other gun in history, which means that you'd actually have to tell someone how to do it, rather than not having to which is what my gun is. The previews service pistol (Rokam Mk.2 Mod 2) used the same system as the ZR-1, so no new training is needed.

It is shared with the K31 and my own strait-pull rifles (in principal of how it's used but not design). So anyone skilled with using strait-pull rifles would be familiar with it.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon May 13, 2013 2:34 pm

Benomia wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:No. API in a pistol is ridiculous.

PM63 says hai

It's not API.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Benomia wrote:Not really. My problem with your safety is that it wasn't shared with any other gun in history, which means that you'd actually have to tell someone how to do it, rather than not having to which is what my gun is. The previews service pistol (Rokam Mk.2 Mod 2) used the same system as the ZR-1, so no new training is needed.

It is shared with the K31 and my own strait-pull rifles (in principal of how it's used but not design). So anyone skilled with using strait-pull rifles would be familiar with it.

I said before that it would work fine for you, but not for me.
Aqizithiuda wrote:
Benomia wrote:
PM63 says hai

It's not API.

If you weren't referring to the openboltness of API, what did you mean?
also
Last edited by Benomia on Mon May 13, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Veyliss
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Veyliss » Mon May 13, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm currently stuck for ideas as to my next fictional weapons/vehicles project.

Does anyone know of a guide matching the kinds of situations squads get into, why it happens to them, and what weapons those situations call for?

Also perhaps an introduction to the pros and cons of various self-loading receiver mechanisms, and how to decide on things like amount of locking lugs.

Also why do the terms "short recoil" and "long recoil" get used?
Surely the bolt should just go back far enough for the next round to fit into the chamber, no?
My nation is called Veyla, Veyliss is its' patron Goddess, Call me... Mati (greek for eye)
Sub-opinionated, lazy-type-agnostic, left leaning centrist, keen on gay rights, economic/corporate intervention, freedom of expression, and social welfare, slightly pessimistic, insensitive, and nerdy
Paranoid, ruthless, and arrogant, polytheistic worshipper of a Goddess of Strategy, Competition, Loyalty, and Organisation, also keen on gay rights, economic/corporate intervention, and freedom of expression, but strongly against welfare, and keen on education, lawfulness, and foreign intervention.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Veyliss wrote:Also why do the terms "short recoil" and "long recoil" get used?
Surely the bolt should just go back far enough for the next round to fit into the chamber, no?

"Short" and "long" refer to the movement of the barrel, not bolt.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Serev Faction
Envoy

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Serev Faction » Mon May 13, 2013 2:44 pm

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦_________♦♦♦The Serev Faction People's Collective♦♦♦_________♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

We are an Alien Nation, unbound by NS population and gameside details.
  • On the Sh'ari Species [Coming Soon!]
  • On Serev Culture and Society [Coming Soon!]
  • Ongoing RPs: None ATM
Some info on the Serev Faction:
  • Quasi-Socialist Federal Council Republic
  • Official Language: Seravi
  • Demonym: Serev (Serev Sh'ari, Serev-made, Serev Hero)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information