NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country, Type-9 [Read OP pl0x]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who should OP the next MMW thread?

Yes I am Biop
9%
Ulfr-Reich
19%
Vareiln
3%
Coltarin
8%
Risen Britannia
49%
Beano
13%

Total votes : 78

Rich and Corporations
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rich and Corporations » Mon May 13, 2013 12:36 pm

I think the best SMG round would be the 7.62x25 necked down to 7mm and case lengthened by 3mm, loaded with more modern propellants.
Unless you want commonality with your SMGs and your pistols.

Apparently it is capable of defeating lvl II armor vests at close range with only FMJ. With my changes, it would be able to defeat lvl II armor vests at longer rnages with AP ammo. Making your PDWs into more assault rifle weapons.
7mm has been statistically proven to have ideal terminal performance.
Corporate Confederacy
DEFENSE ALERT LEVEL
PEACE WAR

Factbook [url=iiwiki.com/wiki/Corporate_Confederacy]Wiki Article[/url]
Neptonia

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Rich and Corporations wrote:I think the best SMG round would be the 7.62x25 necked down to 7mm and case lengthened by 3mm, loaded with more modern propellants.

Apparently it is capable of defeating lvl II armor vests at close range with only FMJ. With my changes, it would be able to defeat lvl II armor vests at longer rnages with AP ammo. Making your PDWs into more assault rifle weapons.

7.62x25 can already defeat up to Level III vests, although it's possible that that was an AP round.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Rich and Corporations
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rich and Corporations » Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Benomia wrote:
Rich and Corporations wrote:I think the best SMG round would be the 7.62x25 necked down to 7mm and case lengthened by 3mm, loaded with more modern propellants.

7.62x25 can already defeat up to Level III vests, although it's possible that that was an AP round.

Level III vests at what ranges? Warzones don't quite occur at point blank.
Corporate Confederacy
DEFENSE ALERT LEVEL
PEACE WAR

Factbook [url=iiwiki.com/wiki/Corporate_Confederacy]Wiki Article[/url]
Neptonia

Ulfr-Reich
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulfr-Reich » Mon May 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Reposting because of 50mm buck n' ball glory: Image
Asatruar (bloody-well proud of it) | Ethnogeography & Migratory Anthropology/Linguistics Researcher (In my spare time) | Actual Jarlist| And yes, I am vehemently anti-pony/brony | Borderline FanT/NightmareT, very Norse/Proto-Germanic/Gothic| Æþalatsheim = http://www.nationstates.net/nation=aethal.

RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.

Kalumba
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalumba » Mon May 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Shambulio Bunduki-72

SH-72

• Type: Assault rifle
  • Place of Origin: Kalumba
Service History

• In Service: 1973 - Present
  • Used By: Kalumban Army, Kalumban Navy, Guard Force, Kalumban Constabulary
  • Wars: Bechuaneland Emergency
Production History

• Designed:1972
  • Designer: Percival Gifford
  • Manufactured by: Kalumban National Armoury
  • Produced: 1973 - Present
  • Number Built: ~450,000
  • Variants:
    • SH-72
    • SH-72 Carbine
Specifications

• Weight: 8.2 lb (4.0 kg) (empty)
  • Length: 39.4 in (1000 mm)
  • Barrel Length: 18.1 in (460 mm)

• Cartridge(s):
    • .280 British
  • Action: Gas Operated, Rotating Bolt
  • Rate of Fire: 600 rounds/min
  • Feed System: 10 or 30-round detachable box magazine
  • Sights: Iron

Background

In the early 1960's the minority goverment of Kalumba was facing an increasingly violent and well armed insurgency in the Bechuaneland provice and required a new service rifle to replace the FN FAL, however international sanctions prevented access to the newer designs emerging around the world and forced the Kalumbans to begin work on their own indigenous weapon. Early prototypes resembled the FAL and continued the battle rifle concept. These prototypes were produced on a small scale and issued to frontline units, but there were numerous complaints mainly regarding the length and weight of the weapons as well as there inability to provide accurate automatic fire.

By the late 1960's the insurgents were causing increased casualties amongst the security forces and the need for an effective new weapon became increasingly urgent. The project was placed at the desk of Percival Gifford, an experienced aero-engineer who had recently been placed in charge of all arms manafacture. He decided the new weapon would fire the .280 British cartridge and must be capable of accurate automatic fire while being less than 1100mms in length.

By 1972 the new weapon was ready for mass production and was introduced as the KAR-72 (Kalumban Automatic Rifle-72). By the end of the year, however, a referendum established majority rule and the KAR-72 was in danger of being replaced by the AKM. Luckily the new government decided that indigenous production was better for the nation and the KAR-72 was re-introduced as the Shambulio Banduki-72 (Assault Rifle-72 in Uhali). The SH-72 continues in service to this day and a carbine version has been produced for use by special forces and police.

Construction and Design

The SH-72's reciever is based off that of the AKM and, along with the barrel and gas system, is constructed of milled steel and the stock is foldable and built of tubular steel. The weapons furniture was originally wood but has since been upgraded to bakelite, although recent versions are moving towards polymer furniture. The weapon is thus heavy and carries a high manafacturing cost, but is very reliable and possesses decent accuracy and a respectable effective range of 300-550 yards (the latter with bipod extended).

Other than the change of cartidge and addition of a bipod and other external features the SH-72 is identical internally to the AKM, and the many of the parts are interchangeable, a useful feature when fighting insurgents using the AKM. The iron sights are adjustable from 100-750 yards and contain tritium betalights to allow for night-fighting.

The SH-72 contains an integral bipod to allow for accurate and sustained automatic fire, as well as to improve accuracy at increased ranges. Unusually the SH-72 does not have a bayonet lug, altough many soldiers have adapted the FAL spike bayonet to fit the rifle.
Variants

The SH-72 comes in two variants:

• SH-72 The standard issue rifle, often supplied without the bipod
  • SH-72c a carbine variant issued to police and special forces

This BBcode format courtesy of Nua Corda

So can this pack .280 British or should I put it in a boring common calibre?
Unilateral Declaration of Indifference viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111178 - Honestly Kalumba has no interest in you or your problems.
Looking for a PMT RP, no godmoding, etc. Come and help Zimbabwe-Rhodesia defeat the Soviets in Africa viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116682
The Colonial Crisis viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138755
-St George wrote:Pedantry, thy name is Kalumba.
San-Silvacian wrote:
Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.

Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.

Baptism of Fire 43 Champions
A Luta Continua

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon May 13, 2013 12:41 pm

I prefer an over pressured variant of .40 S&W (10mm NACO) necked down to 7mm . This allows you to use it in service pistols and SMGs, and swap between .40 and 7mm with a barrel change, for AP vs suppressed performance. Slap in a 6.5 CBJ-style sabot penetrator for more heavy-duty vests, and your golden.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Mon May 13, 2013 12:43 pm

7.62x45mm better to use for AK-85 than 9x45mm silliness. I might go back to 5.45x39mm, maybe 5.45x45, but I'm in Samozland there. And thats just bullpups and plastic.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Mon May 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Kalumba wrote:-Snip-

7mm FN Short is lame

just go with the M885A1 variants of 5.56 NATO
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:7.62x45mm better to use for AK-85 than 9x45mm silliness. I might go back to 5.45x39mm, maybe 5.45x45, but I'm in Samozland there. And thats just bullpups and plastic.

7x45mm with 5.45-style bullet cavity.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 12:59 pm

My notanm1911 using API blowback for best machining pistolololol, yes/yes?
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon May 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Benomia wrote:My notanm1911 using API blowback for best machining pistolololol, yes/yes?

M1911 is short recoil, not blowback
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Benomia wrote:My notanm1911 using API blowback for best machining pistolololol, yes/yes?

M1911 is short recoil, not blowback

That's why it's not an M1911. For some reason, my pistol looks just like one, even though it has literally nothing in common beyond the general shape of the grip furniture.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Mon May 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
San-Silvacian wrote:7.62x45mm better to use for AK-85 than 9x45mm silliness. I might go back to 5.45x39mm, maybe 5.45x45, but I'm in Samozland there. And thats just bullpups and plastic.

7,62x45 w/ 5.45 cavity.

got it.

Boer Republics (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Boer Republics (Ancient) » Mon May 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Mr. Bond is upset with the lack of Walther PPK and .380 ACP pistols on this, the 380th page.
VoorTrekker K9 Companion, Working, and Combat Dogs.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon May 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Kalumba wrote:

Shambulio Bunduki-72

(Image)
SH-72

• Type: Assault rifle
  • Place of Origin: Kalumba
Service History

• In Service: 1973 - Present
  • Used By: Kalumban Army, Kalumban Navy, Guard Force, Kalumban Constabulary
  • Wars: Bechuaneland Emergency
Production History

• Designed:1972
  • Designer: Percival Gifford
  • Manufactured by: Kalumban National Armoury
  • Produced: 1973 - Present
  • Number Built: ~450,000
  • Variants:
    • SH-72
    • SH-72 Carbine
Specifications

• Weight: 8.2 lb (4.0 kg) (empty)
  • Length: 39.4 in (1000 mm)
  • Barrel Length: 18.1 in (460 mm)

• Cartridge(s):
    • .280 British
  • Action: Gas Operated, Rotating Bolt
  • Rate of Fire: 600 rounds/min
  • Feed System: 10 or 30-round detachable box magazine
  • Sights: Iron

Background

In the early 1960's the minority goverment of Kalumba was facing an increasingly violent and well armed insurgency in the Bechuaneland provice and required a new service rifle to replace the FN FAL, however international sanctions prevented access to the newer designs emerging around the world and forced the Kalumbans to begin work on their own indigenous weapon. Early prototypes resembled the FAL and continued the battle rifle concept. These prototypes were produced on a small scale and issued to frontline units, but there were numerous complaints mainly regarding the length and weight of the weapons as well as there inability to provide accurate automatic fire.

By the late 1960's the insurgents were causing increased casualties amongst the security forces and the need for an effective new weapon became increasingly urgent. The project was placed at the desk of Percival Gifford, an experienced aero-engineer who had recently been placed in charge of all arms manafacture. He decided the new weapon would fire the .280 British cartridge and must be capable of accurate automatic fire while being less than 1100mms in length.

By 1972 the new weapon was ready for mass production and was introduced as the KAR-72 (Kalumban Automatic Rifle-72). By the end of the year, however, a referendum established majority rule and the KAR-72 was in danger of being replaced by the AKM. Luckily the new government decided that indigenous production was better for the nation and the KAR-72 was re-introduced as the Shambulio Banduki-72 (Assault Rifle-72 in Uhali). The SH-72 continues in service to this day and a carbine version has been produced for use by special forces and police.

Construction and Design

The SH-72's reciever is based off that of the AKM and, along with the barrel and gas system, is constructed of milled steel and the stock is foldable and built of tubular steel. The weapons furniture was originally wood but has since been upgraded to bakelite, although recent versions are moving towards polymer furniture. The weapon is thus heavy and carries a high manafacturing cost, but is very reliable and possesses decent accuracy and a respectable effective range of 300-550 yards (the latter with bipod extended).

Other than the change of cartidge and addition of a bipod and other external features the SH-72 is identical internally to the AKM, and the many of the parts are interchangeable, a useful feature when fighting insurgents using the AKM. The iron sights are adjustable from 100-750 yards and contain tritium betalights to allow for night-fighting.

The SH-72 contains an integral bipod to allow for accurate and sustained automatic fire, as well as to improve accuracy at increased ranges. Unusually the SH-72 does not have a bayonet lug, altough many soldiers have adapted the FAL spike bayonet to fit the rifle.
Variants

The SH-72 comes in two variants:

• SH-72 The standard issue rifle, often supplied without the bipod
  • SH-72c a carbine variant issued to police and special forces

This BBcode format courtesy of Nua Corda

So can this pack .280 British or should I put it in a boring common calibre?

Calling rounds that aren't the .280 British boring is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.
Unreachable.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Mon May 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Benomia wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:M1911 is short recoil, not blowback

That's why it's not an M1911. For some reason, my pistol looks just like one, even though it has literally nothing in common beyond the general shape of the grip furniture.

The only blowback pistol I know of is the hi-point, which is hilariously bulky as a result.

San-Silvacian wrote:
Nua Corda wrote:

7,62x45 w/ 5.45 cavity.

got it.

Because 20% improvement in ballistic performance < thirdy-caliburr bullertz
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Boer Republics wrote:(Image)
Mr. Bond is upset with the lack of Walther PPK and .380 ACP pistols on this, the 380th page.

Just to spite you
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 1:12 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Benomia wrote:

The only blowback pistol I know of is the hi-point, which is hilariously bulky as a result.

And the Makarov.

And Puzikas said to use Blowback, so I used Blowback.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Here it is:
(Since last posted, revised ejection port [I've done this almost every revision], revised that weird sticky-outy part, added mag release. Keeping the slide release on the left because that's what the TT has.)
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Mon May 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Benomia wrote:

San-Silvacian wrote:
7,62x45 w/ 5.45 cavity.

got it.

Because 20% improvement in ballistic performance < thirdy-caliburr bullertz

Oh look. I didn't do what you said and you're now butthurt.

Just an average day with Corda.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon May 13, 2013 1:17 pm

@beno

My only objection is that the length of the slide and barrel just looks way too short and the handle looks slightly too long. It just looks to me like a decent gun built for a guy with 6 fingers and with a 80mm or so barrel. And the thing is I know that the barrel is actually NOT too short. It's just the handle throwing it out of proportion. Make it a bit shorter if you ask me.
Last edited by Purpelia on Mon May 13, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Mon May 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Purpelia wrote:@beno

My only objection is that the length of the slide and barrel just looks way too short and the handle looks slightly too long. It just looks to me like a decent gun built for a guy with 6 fingers and with a 80mm or so barrel. And the thing is I know that the barrel is actually NOT too short. It's just the handle throwing it out of proportion. Make it a bit shorter if you ask me.

High capacity mags best capacity mags

But yeah, will revise.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

East America
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby East America » Mon May 13, 2013 1:21 pm

essentially a piston driven m16 in 300 blackout

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon May 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Benomia wrote:Here it is:
(Image)
(Since last posted, revised ejection port [I've done this almost every revision], revised that weird sticky-outy part, added mag release. Keeping the slide release on the left because that's what the TT has.)

Slide needs to be a bit bigger, and the grip could stand to be a bit more slanted. That or you'll need to make the slide and part of the frame hang off the back.
Unreachable.

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Benomia wrote:Here it is:
(Image)

Slide needs to be a bit bigger, and the grip could stand to be a bit more slanted. That or you'll need to make the slide and part of the frame hang off the back.

TT-33 says Hai.
Seems like the issue to me is that the Grip is just a awkward length that's all.. Otherwise beno you have made an Massive Improvement since my last comments to you, well done sir.
Also any basic data?
Last edited by Black Hand on Mon May 13, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information