NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of your Country: Pattern VIII (Read OP)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP MMW Number 9?

Nua Corda
39%
Kouralia
13%
Spreewerke
24%
Coltarin
11%
Aqizithiuda
13%

Total votes : 193

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

WW1 would be interesting.

It could be interesting to see how they decided to go about it, but from my understanding, soldiers during World War I tended to spend most of their time in a hole shooting at soldiers in another hole on the other side of No-Man's Land, occasionally coming up out of their holes to rush into oncoming MG fire.

Respawning in 5, 4, 3....

Edit: Zombie Defense Mauser
Last edited by Sevvania on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

It could be interesting to see how they decided to go about it, but from my understanding, soldiers during World War I tended to spend most of their time in a hole shooting at soldiers in another hole on the other side of No-Man's Land, occasionally coming up out of their holes to rush into oncoming MG fire.

Fucking MG campers.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:20 pm

I think my new nation is going to be an Anglo-Saxon empire for the advancement of all white Anglo-Saxon men and women.

But instead of silly redneck white trash it shall be proper Englishmen.

SMLE ahoy.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Just to give you an idea of the size of the thing;

There it is next to a normal No. 4 in 7x55mm Cordian
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:22 pm

MMW of Spreewerke from 1960-1978 (where it is then just updated with AK-74 gas block and other "modernization" features, used until 1981 when I develop a true AK-103-alike):

y/y?

STATISTICAL STATS:

The SFR-58/60 is an updated variant of the Puzikas-provided AKM (SFR-58). Upgrades include a full-profile, left-side folding wood stock utilizing a push-down,-rotate folding method as found on the real-life Galil/FAL/K2/etc. The pistol grip also features a metal ferrule cap for reinforcement, and also features a hard-chromed bolt-carrier group to protect against corrosion from ammunition utilizing salt-based primers. The gas tube features two gas ports (one on either side: image explained shortly), opposed to a ported gas block. Later, variants with receiver-mounted optic rails were developed (buttstock had appropriate slot cut for clearance when folded), as well. Also worth noting, this rifle features a flash suppressor opposed to a muzzle brake, and due to it being the same diameter as standard muzzle devices, the bayonet is still usable. Also, all furniture is wooden: upper handguard is just painted black to help distinguish it from standard AKM gas tubes when being used alongside friendly forces using standard AKM gas tubes/gas blocks. To backtrack slightly, the gas tubes are issued with one port on either side. Due to the KC adopting a hotter 7.62x39mm cartridge, additional ports were added to lessen the force exerted on the piston/bolt-carrier/receiver when cycling the action. If, for some reason, sub-sonic were to be used, a gas tube with gas ports omitted could be used.

Fire Rate: Select-fire (safe, full, semi-); 600RPM fully-automatic
Effective Range: 300 meters, ~3.5MOA at 100m
Caliber: 7.62x39mm
Magazine capacity: 5, 10, 20, and 30-round box magazines; 75-round drum magazines

Anything I'm really missing? I typically don't do stat blocks.
Last edited by Spreewerke on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

Edit: Zombie Defense Mauser

They could throw in Metro 2033 elements with having to put your gas mask on every 30 minutes because ole' Herman the German decided to troll your trench with some mustard gas.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

True, but I love shooting games where you strategically wait for something to happen. Sitting on a hill for 30 minutes with a friend planning to ambush another friend? Sure why not?

I love 'em.

Charges into no-man's land and missions in tunnels would be great. Who says you can't have the single traditional flying mission too? I reckon if it wasn't made by Infinity Ward or Activision and was based around actual events and realistic gameplay, it would be beyond amazing.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Postby Sevvania » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Spreewerke wrote:MMW of Spreewerke from 1960-1978 (where it is then just updated with AK-74 gas block and other "modernization" features, used until 1981 when I develop a true AK-103-alike):

(Image)

y/y?

STATISTICAL STATS:

The SFR-58/60 is an updated variant of the Puzikas-provided AKM (SFR-58). Upgrades include a full-profile, left-side folding wood stock utilizing a push-down,-rotate folding method as found on the real-life Galil/FAL/K2/etc. The pistol grip also features a metal ferrule cap for reinforcement, and also features a hard-chromed bolt-carrier group to protect against corrosion from ammunition utilizing salt-based primers. The gas tube features two gas ports (one on either side: image explained shortly), opposed to a ported gas block. Later, variants with receiver-mounted optic rails were developed (buttstock had appropriate slot cut for clearance when folded), as well. Also worth noting, this rifle features a flash suppressor opposed to a muzzle brake, and due to it being the same diameter as standard muzzle devices, the bayonet is still usable. Also, all furniture is wooden: upper handguard is just painted black to help distinguish it from standard AKM gas tubes when being used alongside friendly forces using standard AKM gas tubes/gas blocks. To backtrack slightly, the gas tubes are issued with one port on either side. Due to the KC adopted a hotter 7.62x39mm cartridge, additional ports were added to lessen the force exerted on the piston/bolt-carrier/receiver when cycling the action. If, for some reason, sub-sonic were to be used, a gas tube with gas ports omitted could be used.

Magazine capacity: 5, 10, 20, and 30-round box magazines; 75-round drum magazines

Not bad, although personally, I think you should replace the black part of the handguard with perforated metal or something.

4/1/13 - Never Forget

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:MMW of Spreewerke from 1960-1978 (where it is then just updated with AK-74 gas block and other "modernization" features, used until 1981 when I develop a true AK-103-alike):

(Image)

y/y?

STATISTICAL STATS:

The SFR-58/60 is an updated variant of the Puzikas-provided AKM (SFR-58). Upgrades include a full-profile, left-side folding wood stock utilizing a push-down,-rotate folding method as found on the real-life Galil/FAL/K2/etc. The pistol grip also features a metal ferrule cap for reinforcement, and also features a hard-chromed bolt-carrier group to protect against corrosion from ammunition utilizing salt-based primers. The gas tube features two gas ports (one on either side: image explained shortly), opposed to a ported gas block. Later, variants with receiver-mounted optic rails were developed (buttstock had appropriate slot cut for clearance when folded), as well. Also worth noting, this rifle features a flash suppressor opposed to a muzzle brake, and due to it being the same diameter as standard muzzle devices, the bayonet is still usable. Also, all furniture is wooden: upper handguard is just painted black to help distinguish it from standard AKM gas tubes when being used alongside friendly forces using standard AKM gas tubes/gas blocks. To backtrack slightly, the gas tubes are issued with one port on either side. Due to the KC adopted a hotter 7.62x39mm cartridge, additional ports were added to lessen the force exerted on the piston/bolt-carrier/receiver when cycling the action. If, for some reason, sub-sonic were to be used, a gas tube with gas ports omitted could be used.

Not bad, although personally, I think you should replace the black part of the handguard with perforated metal or something.

Perforated metal is for Mall-Rambos of the 1980s, cut hands, and easily-crushed/dented.

Heat dispersion is a kind-of-bitch, but seeing as how the M16A1 had aluminum inserts for heat shields in its handguards, what's to say my lower HG cannot have the same?

Dorlania
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 13, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dorlania » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Dorlania wrote:yeah i was refering to Heavy Bolters as support weapons

ex. Catachans

Yeah I'm pretty much most regiments of the Guard use them. I'm yet to find a heavy machine gun that is more badass than the Heavy Bolter too.

Look at it! Look how badass it is!

Krieg has some of the best HBs around
Last edited by Dorlania on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face--forever"

Sardine World wrote:maintain

when you liberals cant get new technology because all the asians are dead, dont come crying to me

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Yes, but 9gag has nothing funny or original.
insert/gender/sexuality/political alignment/disorder
the soft parade has now begun~
Unity and Solidarity
Mallorea and Riva should resign

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Sevvania wrote:It could be interesting to see how they decided to go about it, but from my understanding, soldiers during World War I tended to spend most of their time in a hole shooting at soldiers in another hole on the other side of No-Man's Land, occasionally coming up out of their holes to rush into oncoming MG fire.

True, but I love shooting games where you strategically wait for something to happen. Sitting on a hill for 30 minutes with a friend planning to ambush another friend? Sure why not?

I love 'em.

Charges into no-man's land and missions in tunnels would be great. Who says you can't have the single traditional flying mission too? I reckon if it wasn't made by Infinity Ward or Activision and was based around actual events and realistic gameplay, it would be beyond amazing.

New age CoD WW1: "OMG THE JAPS HAVE AN HYDROGEN BOMB WITH ZOMBIES STRAPPED ON TO IT! EMP! EMP! EMP! QUICKLY! GRAB YOUR RIFLE! AND YOUR SQUAD OF CHEESY, ONE-FACED CHARACTERS WHO LIKE TO IRONICALLY CALL THEMSELVES SILLY THINGS LIKE SOAP, BECAUSE IN THE TRENCH YOU HAVE NO SOAP. ALSO DID I FORGET TO MENTION THOSE SILLY NEO-CHINESE THAT ARE ALLIED WITH THE JAPANESE FOR SOME REASON BUT ALSO HAVE A HYDROGEN BOMB TIMES INFINITY WARD."

CoD WW1 rifle Lee Enfield Tactical

BF WW1: "ALRIGHT BRO LISTEN HERE FOXTROT NINER ZERO ZERO BETA MAX GET THESE FUCKERS OFF ME. I'M GETTING FUCKED UP THE ASS OVER HERE LAYING DOWN C4. INSTEAD OF TWO NUKES WE ARE FACED WITH THREE POCKET NUKES CAPABLE OF BLOWING UP A MAN WHICH WILL LIKE, TOTALLY RUIN THE WORLD'S ECONOMY WHICH IN THE EARLY 20TH CENTURY WOULD BE MADE UP OF IMPERIALISM, EXPLOITING INDIA/CHINA, AND MUSTACHES."

screenie of uber realistic graphical glare from a single sniper scope and tactical lantern.

ARMA WW1: "HELLO THERE KIND SIR, WELCOME TO THE WESTERN FRON- OH DAMN THE NEW BOY JUST GOT HIT BY A SNIPER. TIME TO SIT FOR SIX MONTHS UNTIL WE DO A FIVE MINUTE OFFENSIVE WHICH WILL OPEN UP WITH FOUR MONTHS OF ARTILLERY FIRE."

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Nua Corda wrote:(Image)

8.92x65mm Wyvern

Loving it.

Benomia wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
This should be interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postnikov_assault_rifle

Puzikas, if you see this, could you please check the sources and see if the wiki article is right?

Ulfr-Reich wrote:Guys, I found a neat article on Forgotten Weapons. Benelli made a semi-caseless submachine gun, what the hell?

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/submachine-guns/benelli-cbm2/

A cool idea, but ultimately no better than a normal SMG. If anything, performance will be slightly worse.

Black Hand wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:This is nothing new. :meh:

It's mainly a reliability increase casket mags exist
Ulfr-Reich wrote:Guys, I found a neat article on Forgotten Weapons. Benelli made a semi-caseless submachine gun, what the hell?

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/submachine-guns/benelli-cbm2/

This is a WTF moment though it's kind of like the portal Turret guns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... GPIQ72-2Vg

The general design of the mags has existed since the 1960s (aka the latter Springfield SPIW prototype).

Speaking of prototypes and caseless ammo, here's the writeup for the ammo for my caseless ammo:

Aqizithiuda wrote:A repost of the ammunition section of my caseless rifle write up, for C&C:

Ammunition

Length: 45mm
Diameter: 11.32mm
Bullet Diameter: 6.7mm
Propellant Weight: 50.325 grains (3.261 grams)
Case Weight: 1.543 grains (0.1 grams)
Primer Wight: 1 grain (0.065 grams)
Booster Weight: 2.716 grains (0.141 grams)
Projectile Weight: 108 grains (7 grams)
Cartridge Weight: 163.074 grains (10.567 grams)
Operating Pressure: 58 000 psi

Ammunition for the Starkhaþ consists of 6 components - the combustible electric primer, the combustible case, the consolidated propellant charge, the booster charge, the bullet and the combustible nose cap - and has been coated with a protective layer of combustible heat resistant lacquer to reduce the chance of cookoff in hot chambers. Each component was selected especially for its purpose from a wide array and backlog of studies performed by governments and private enterprise across fifty years of time in order to provide the best possible round.

The case, for example, is made from felted nitrocellulose, in much the same way as the combustible component of NACO standard 125mm tank ammunition and modular charges for 155mm artillery units. Such cases have previously proven to be relatively durable and capable of being used in autoloaders without issues. However, in order to improve the durability of the round, Wesi designers utilised work performed by Nitrochemie Aschau GmbH1 and added 0.5% by weight cationic starch to a mixture of 51% nitrocellulose, 48.1% cellulose and 0.9% acardite. This fibre pulp is then strained and placed in a mold where it is compacted and shaped into a cylinder with an opening in either end - one opening relatively small, the other the diameter of the case. This resulting case has approximately 34% more breaking strength, almost the double the resiliance, 41% more resistance to tear propagation and 26% more textile strength than a case made without the addition of cationic starch.

The next component, the primer, is based on work by Dynamit Nobel Aktiengesellschaft2. A mixture comprised of 55.55% by weight potassium picrate, 8% zinc peroxide, 8% titanium powder, 12.7% carbon fiber and 15.87% nitrocellulose is mixed together in a solvent until thoroughly homoginised. The resultant mixture is then poured into the primer cup of the combustible case via a pipette, and the remaining solvent causes temporary dissolution of the nitrocellulose fibers, allowing the primer to adhere to the cellulose in the case. This primer can be ignited by a 200 μF charge at 40 volts. On igniting, the primer will trigger a booster charge made from fast burning ball powder, which propels the projectile out of the caseless round into the barrel before the rest of the propellant ignites, and also shatters the consolidated propellant back into individual grains.

The consolidated propellant charge was carefully designed and tailored to the round. A study on caseless ammunition conducted in 1962 concluded that single bass powders of the IMR formulation, when consolidated, would still burn cleanly even after ten months immersion in water3. As a result, the propellant of choice used in the 6.5x45mm CCTA is an extremely thermally stable single based granular powder developed by the Wesi military following issues with ammunition during the Great Desert War. While initial cartridges used off the shelf, unoptimised powders, a powder designed to take advantage of the chamber size and consolidated nature of the charge had been developed, greatly improving performance.

The actual consolidation of the powder is a relatively simple affair. The powder is mixed with at energetic thermoplastic binder developed by French company SNPE and compressed in a mold at elevated temperatures. The heat softens the grains, allowing them to compress more easily, and the binder lubricates the grains and mold, further increasing maximum compaction4. This process allows the volume of the powder to be reduced by 33% or more, in turn increasing the effective capacity of the caseless round. When ignited, the propellant breaks apart into individual grains, meaning that there is almost no loss of performance.

A large powder capacity is no use without a good projectile, and the 6.5x45mm CCTA's 108gr steel cored projectile doesn't disappoint. Specially designed to take advantage of the nature of the ammunition, the projectile has a G7 ballistics coefficient of 0.28 at mach 2.5+, giving it a very flat trajectory5. The pointed steel core, which sits just back from the nose of the projectile, is hardened to deal with body armour and intermediate barriers, while the slight air gap in the nose and the lead core create instability in the bullet when it's travelling through flesh, increasing wounding ability beyond mere diameter.

The next component of the round is a combustible nose cap made from felted nitrocellulose, which keeps the bullet in place during storage and handling. This is attached to the rest of the cartridge through a combustible thermoplastic glue. The whole cartridge is then spray coated with five different layers of alternating substances6. The layers are:

Layer 1: Oleophenolic resin
Layer 2: Polyurethane resin loaded at 10% with lead chromate 60
Layer 3: Polyurethane resin loaded at 5% with phenolic microballoons
Layer 4: Polyurethane resin loaded at 5% with phenolic microballoons
Layer 5: Polyurethane resin.

These alternating layers are layered to a total thickness of 0.16mm, and increases the length of time required for cookoff by a factor of six, meaning that the round can sit in a chamber for an extended period of time even after sustained fire.

1 "Method for producing a combustible cartridge case for cartridge ammunition", Nitrochemie Aschau GmbH, US Patent 6910422
2 "Electrically primable igniter charges for caseless ammunition and propellant cartridges", Dynamit Nobel Aktiengesellschaft, US Patent 4956029
3 "Combustible Ammunition for Small Arms II. Development of a Combustible Small Arms Cartridge", Van Artsdalen, E. F. et al.
4 Development of a Lightweight Ammunition Concept Using an Alternative Case Material and Enhanced Propellant, Todd Cloutier and Lucian Sadowsk
5 Border Barrels Bullet Drag Calculator, Accessed 1/4/13
6 Varnish protecting a caseless or combustible-case round of ammunition against thermoinitiation, L'Etat Francais represente par le Delegue Ministeriel pour l'Armement, US Patent 4766812
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Postby Sevvania » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Spreewerke wrote:Perforated metal is for Mall-Rambos of the 1980s, cut hands, and easily-crushed/dented.

Heat dispersion is a kind-of-bitch, but seeing as how the M16A1 had aluminum inserts for heat shields in its handguards, what's to say my lower HG cannot have the same?

I simply prefer the aesthetic of perforated metal. The black handguard makes sense, but just doesn't look quite right to me.

Since you seem to be trying to add more detail to the preset AK, perhaps this should be of assistance:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/pimpmygun/
Search the pool for things like "AK pastie", "AK-74 pastie", basically whatever you might need plus the word "pastie" at the end. This will bring up other peoples' designs, and there's often a link to the weapon's code so you can import accessories, furniture, etc. for use on your own gun.

4/1/13 - Never Forget

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:56 pm

SMLE Obrez. Zombies, say hello to the gentlemanly wrath of the mad minute!
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Coltarin
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2011

Postby Coltarin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:59 pm

I was wondering what kind of SMG should I issue for a mid-'30s to mid '50s?
Coltarin (AKA Colt)
Paintis Bulpupis

Puzikas wrote:"No gun? Fuck it , you're now Comrade Meat Shield" level.
Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?
Spreewerke wrote:Basically plainclothes, armed security on a plane. Terrorist starts boxcuttering? Shoot his ass. Passenger starts being a dickhole penisweiner? Arrest his ass. Stewardess walks by? Smack dat ass. People obviously see you? Lose your job as a federal employee and suffer a failing marriage while your children don't speak with you at home and, due to your newly-developed drinking problem, you also lose all custody rights of your children. Your life culminates with your self-immolation inside your one-bedroom trailer home.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Coltarin wrote:I was wondering what kind of SMG should I issue for a mid-'30s to mid '50s?

M3?

Sevvania
Negotiator

Postby Sevvania » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:01 pm

I like this. Have you considered creating a line of similarly-styled zombie weapons for your storefront?

4/1/13 - Never Forget

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:02 pm

I want to question your intentions and call you a heretic, but it's just too awesome to be angry at.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Sevvania wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:Perforated metal is for Mall-Rambos of the 1980s, cut hands, and easily-crushed/dented.

I simply prefer the aesthetic of perforated metal. The black handguard makes sense, but just doesn't look quite right to me.

Since you seem to be trying to add more detail to the preset AK, perhaps this should be of assistance:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/pimpmygun/
Search the pool for things like "AK pastie", "AK-74 pastie", basically whatever you might need plus the word "pastie" at the end. This will bring up other peoples' designs, and there's often a link to the weapon's code so you can import accessories, furniture, etc. for use on your own gun.

My pants became 85% tighter when I clicked that link and typed "AK-103."

I THANK THEE.

Now it just makes my '70s-era model look shitty.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Sevvania wrote:

I like this. Have you considered creating a line of similarly-styled zombie weapons for your storefront?

I might actually add a ridiculous bayonet to this thing, because honestly it's going to be more effective as a sword.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Sevvania wrote:I like this. Have you considered creating a line of similarly-styled zombie weapons for your storefront?

I might actually add a ridiculous bayonet to this thing, because honestly it's going to be more effective as a sword.

Yes.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
WW1 would be interesting. I don't give a shit about "Extreme action invincible firefight with spinning".

Until the unwashed, mouth breathing masses cry out about how unrealistically long it takes to reload invade the voice chat.

Darkest Days did alright.

I wonder how RO2 would do it...
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Lolzieristan
Minister

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Being left-eye dominant/right handed, I personally get annoyed at all right-handed bolt-actions. But that aside, wouldn't it make sense to make a cut-down bolt action left-hand cycling? So your off-hand could work the bolt more easily?
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Lolzieristan wrote:

Being left-eye dominant/right handed, I personally get annoyed at all right-handed bolt-actions. But that aside, wouldn't it make sense to make a cut-down bolt action left-hand cycling? So your off-hand could work the bolt more easily?

I'm left handed. :P

I shoot rifles right handed, because I'm right-eye dominant, but I shoot pistols left handed. So this works perfectly.
Last edited by Nua Corda on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Lolzieristan
Minister

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Nua Corda wrote:
Lolzieristan wrote:

I'm left handed. :P

In that case, carry on :p
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information