NATION

PASSWORD

Saintland cracks down on foreign resident immorality

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Saintland cracks down on foreign resident immorality

Postby Saintland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Royal Decree

His majesty King Paulus XV of Regnvm Sanctvsterra, with the Blessing of God Almightly as expressed through His True Church doeth hereby decree:

Whereas there have been several incidents reported recently by the Saintland Press that reveal a moral laxity among foreign resident youth and women,

Whereas several foreign resident youths have been arrested recently for public fornication,

Whereas several foreign resident schools are educating their students in carnal immorality,

Whereas foreign residents made up the majority of the participants in the recent illegal protest against the "Patriarchy" that prevented the faithful in the city of St. Paulus from reaching Church on time last Sunday,

Whereas these incidents prove that foreign residents are out of control,

That several measures be adopted to restore moral standards among the foreign resident population:

Henceforth, all foreign resident schools must submit their curriculum to the King's Government for approval

No foreign resident school may teach "sex education" in any form.

No foreign resident school may teach any anti-Sanctii or anti-Church of Saintland propaganda.

Until further notice, the Church of Saintland will place a monk or nun in every foreign resident school and said monk or nun will have full authority over school rules and disciplinary procedures.

Until further notice, Military personnel will be quartered in every majority-foreign resident neighborhood.

Foreign residents are advised to keep a closer eye on their children and wives. Failure to do so could lead to deportation from the Kingdom.

The organization Feministvs Sanctvsterra and all similar organizations are outlawed. It is now illegal to join, financially support or otherwise aid any such illegal organization. Anybody who has knowledge of the membership, supporters or plans of such organizations and fails to report it to the authorities will be regarded as a supporter of the organization. You're either with us or you're with the atheistic nihilistic anarchists.

Let it be clarified that the World Assembly and other foreign anti-morality organizations are banned from operating in any manner in Saintland. Due to the suspected WA involvement in the recent illegal protest, the police and military are on high alert to be on the lookout for any signs of foreign subversion.

May God continue to Bless our Righteous Kingdom,

- Paulus XV, King of Saintland by the Grace of God
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Greto
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greto » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Recipient: Paulus XV, King of Saintland
Subject: Condemnation

To King Paulus XV,

It has come to our attention that your government is taking actions against foreign residents who currently reside within your nation, while we respect your right to rule your nation we do not condone the active discrimination of foreign people. Your military soldiers now stand guard over what? Innocent mothers and children? These people travel to your nation for an better life and instead have jumped into the frying pan, for a nation that claims to be blessed by the lord it does not do well to represent him in fair light. It is hereby that we are forced to condemn your actions and that most travel between your nation and ours will be restricted to only people with direct family.

With respect,
Department of State
The Western Russians wrote:Move to London and you get a fuck load of chavs shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Whereas in Scotland you get a fuck load of homeless people shouting at you telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Wales and you'll get a fuck load of DRG telling you you're going to get stabbed. Move to Ireland you're going to get a fuck load of IRA telling you you're going to get bombed.

Readiness Level Unified Armed Forces: DEFCON 5
Terrorism Alert Level: Low

Agymnum
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 pm

The Regent Board condemns the Saintland's close-minded views of foreigners as well as this blatant disregard for freedoms of speech and religion.

Luckily enough, no knowledge-loving Agymnum citizen would ever emigrate to such a hellhole as Saintland, and thus we have no stake in whether or not you treat foreign citizens badly. We still condemn you, but we do so from afar.
Glorious puppet of Highfort

Aardenland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aardenland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:10 pm

We would recall all Aardenlanders visiting the nation, but no Aardenlander had the lack of senses to venture into your realm. We sternly condemn this decree.

Signed,

Julius Wolovitch, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Counter-signed,

Joshua Paige, Minister of Defense and Security
Robert Janssen, Minister of Transportation and Migration
Arnold Pressman, Minister of Public Information

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:19 pm

To: Greto Department of State, Regent Board of Agymnum

My recent decree is intended as a temporary measure to prevent the breakdown of morality in my Kingdom. I did not require foreign residents to attend the Church schools or require foreign residents to attend Church every Sunday. Foreign residents retain most of their autonomy. Many called for harsher penalties. I came down just slightly more harsh than the press recommended, but much more leniently than public opinion wanted. The fear in this country is that the foreign residents could influence our own youth and our own women to rebel against our laws and customs. That's why I needed to crack down.

I can reassure you that the troops will be removed from foreign resident neighborhoods in a few months when things calm down and I plan on removing the monks and nuns from the foreign resident schools at the conclusion of this school year. In the meantime, foreign residents that don't want troops quartered in their neighborhood may choose to live in a neighborhood where citizens are in the majority, as most foreign residents in my Kingdom already do. My Government will only remove the most egregious trash from the curriculum of the foreign resident schools. By allowing these schools to go completely unregulated for so long, we ended up with schools that were teaching children that fornication is perfectly fine. The police recently caught a number of children recently fornicating in public parks in a number of different incidents! The illegal protest consisted of vicious personal attacks against the Patriarch of our Church and blockading the streets of our largest city while our citizens were trying to go to Church. Surely, you can't condone such wickedness.

For the record, Saintland is NOT a "hellhole." Saintland is the nation that strives toward the Kingdom of God on Earth.

- King Paulus XV

To: Julius Wolovitch, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Aardenland

I encourage your citizens to visit my Kingdom and learn why their opinions about us are mistaken.

- King Paulus XV
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games

Silila
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silila » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Upon learning of this royal decree the Parliament of Silila passed the following official condemnation in a 276 to 24 vote.

The Enlightened Democracy of Silila condemns the Kingdom of Saintland for its backward policies repressive to the healthy development of society. Specifically we condemn:
1. The enforcement of a repressive and overreaching moral code.
2. The enforcement of a specific religion on the populace.
3. The oversight of religious organizations in the education system. We are of the belief that religious interference is inherently prohibitive of proper education.
4. The sexist attitude displayed in the wording to the Royal Decree which implies an unacceptable attitude towards women.
5. The Kingdom's failure to adopt principles of rational government as demonstrated by the above criticisms

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:45 pm

To: the Parliament of Silila

1.The "repressive" and "overreaching" moral code you complain about is called the Bible.
2.The True Church (Church of Saintland) dates back to 966. We split with Christendom in that year and fled to our island. Our Church has been established ever since and its teachings are unchanged since the days of Iesus Christus.
3.The Church of Saintland runs the school system for citizens of Saintland. The reason I have temporarily placed monks and nuns in foreign resident schools is because I know they will restore discipline.
4.The Church of Saintland teaches that man and woman are complementary. Both men and women are expected to follow their natural gender roles in our Kingdom.
5.We don't agree that your amoral atheism is "rational" at all. The Church teaches that the Bible is inerrant and that the Bible comes before all other sources for knowledge about the real world. If the Bible says it, it is "rational" and it is true.

We hope that your nation will repent of your wickedness and convert to the True Faith. Every nation that converts gets its own Patriarch and the Patriarch will be your nation's direct connection to the Will of God. The Patriarch will appoint an absolute monarch for you and your King will rule by divine right and promote moral virtue in his Kingdom. While you may get away with rebelling against God for now, if you do not repent you will spend eternity in a lake of fire.

Praying that your wicked nation will turn to God,

- King Paulus XV
Why I left NS Sports

The Quadruple Alliance
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Quadruple Alliance » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:46 pm

Ah, so we take it thou art making certain all foreigners in thy lands are properly hatted at all times??
My nation into a setting for a RPG video game that I am programming. If thou wishes to know more, click the link!!
Roleplaying as Third World. Please take all economic statistics from trackers and divide by ten.
Madness is a Virtue (Formerly Walrusfolk Eurarcta)!!

Silila
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silila » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Saintland wrote:
To: the Parliament of Silila

1.The "repressive" and "overreaching" moral code you complain about is called the Bible.
2.The True Church (Church of Saintland) dates back to 966. We split with Christendom in that year and fled to our island. Our Church has been established ever since and its teachings are unchanged since the days of Iesus Christus.
3.The Church of Saintland runs the school system for citizens of Saintland. The reason I have temporarily placed monks and nuns in foreign resident schools is because I know they will restore discipline.
4.The Church of Saintland teaches that man and woman are complementary. Both men and women are expected to follow their natural gender roles in our Kingdom.
5.We don't agree that your amoral atheism is "rational" at all. The Church teaches that the Bible is inerrant and that the Bible comes before all other sources for knowledge about the real world. If the Bible says it, it is "rational" and it is true.

We hope that your nation will repent of your wickedness and convert to the True Faith. Every nation that converts gets its own Patriarch and the Patriarch will be your nation's direct connection to the Will of God. The Patriarch will appoint an absolute monarch for you and your King will rule by divine right and promote moral virtue in his Kingdom. While you may get away with rebelling against God for now, if you do not repent you will spend eternity in a lake of fire.

Praying that your wicked nation will turn to God,

- King Paulus XV

We stand by our condemnation fully. You have only confirmed that it was correct.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Are foreigners prohibited from importing vehicles into Saintland?
I am a Belgian-Astholmian and wish to import my 1981 Ford Granada 2000 L Estate into your nation for 90 days.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

First Valerian Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby First Valerian Empire » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:56 pm

Recipient(s): His majesty King Paulus XV
Date: January 31,2013
Sender(s): Valyrian Office of Foreign Affairs,Napoleon I of Valyria
Subject: Moral Security

Dar HM King Paulus XV

We are impressed to hear of your nation's actions to reduce the influence that certain foreign subversive elements might have on your nation's youth and culture. It is a well known fact within Valyria that foreigners,especially, those immigrating from less religious nations have a penchant for disruption and mischief and if not contained and properly educated such behavior might spread to the youth.

In the spirit of friendship and faith we would like to propose that a minor cultural exchange take place between our nations so that we may learn more about one another's traditions and faith, so that our knowledge of like-minded nations would be greatly expanded upon for the benefit of both peoples.

Again,we are glad that another nations swift and measured response has blocked the influence of the Devil, and saved the souls of thousands from eternal damnation.

HIM Napoleon I
The Valyrian Imperium
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩۩۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
''Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.''

Ziegenhain
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ziegenhain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:56 pm

TO: Paulus XV, King of Saintland
DATE: 31 January 2013

SUBJECT: Saintland Foreign Crackdown

To King Paulus XV,

I write to commend you for your actions against foreign residents. It is comforting to see that there are still nations who wish to preserve their traditional customs and morality against the roaring tide of foreign immigrants who seek to impose their immorality upon them. Let it be known that Ziegenhain will fully support the actions of the Government of Saintland and will stand by their decisions to preserve their morals and customs.

Jörg Ostermann, Supreme Chancellor of Ziegenhain
Last edited by Ziegenhain on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wew lad

Factbook: Greater Ziegenian Reich
OOC Dispatch: Here

<Koyro> Putin's immortality is fueled by Obama's tears
<Unolia> Others argue that leagues like the Unolian Handball System, which operates on no subsidization at all and operating so much in the black that Nevanmaa won't let it marry whites, is shining example of Capitalism at work.

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:19 pm

"Cruciland is very pleased by the rational and holy actions taken by the newly-endorsed nation of Saintland. When your church and armed forces become powerful enough, then we will look forward to you spreading the Good News to other downtrodden and blind nations. May they never cause harm to you, nor crumble your legitimate government, nor shake the rationality and wisdom of your citizens. (who so definitely have kept their humanity, unlike the animals oppressing you)"

-Cruciland High Council.
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:13 pm

To: HM Napoleon I, Jörg Ostermann, Cruciland High Council

I thank you for your support. When I announced my decree to the world, I didn't expect that many nations would openly align themselves with the subversive elements. I now recognize that there is a conspiracy by the wicked to impose their immorality upon righteous nations. It is the height of irony that the allegedly "tolerant" are so intolerant of traditional cultures. In a hostile world, the righteous need to stick by one another.

May God bless your nations as he has blessed my Kingdom,

- King Paulus XV

The Quadruple Alliance wrote:Ah, so we take it thou art making certain all foreigners in thy lands are properly hatted at all times??

Basically. We just want foreigners that enter our Kingdom to show respect for our laws and customs.

Astholm wrote:Are foreigners prohibited from importing vehicles into Saintland?
I am a Belgian-Astholmian and wish to import my 1981 Ford Granada 2000 L Estate into your nation for 90 days.

We don't have any restrictions on importing vehicles into the Kingdom, but it is prohibitively expensive due to our remote location and not really necessary. Most of our citizens use public transportation, so you won't see many cars on the road and many roads are in poor condition. Be warned that the King's Government isn't really in the mood to be lenient toward foreign subversives at the moment, so the King's Government strongly recommends that you follow our laws during your visit.
Why I left NS Sports

Agymnum
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:43 pm

The Regent Board understands the importance of laws and customs, but cautions the government of Saintland not to fall behind on progressive beliefs and ideologies.

Fornication is indeed okay, so long as proper precautions are taken to prevent pregnancy. Likewise, children should not be taught religion in school unless they request it - a child should never be brainwashed into believing in a religion that he or she would not otherwise accept.

The Regent Board knows your government is reasonable, and will make the right decision when the time comes. Hopefully sooner than later.
Glorious puppet of Highfort

Crata
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crata » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 am

His Excellency King Paulus XV of Saintland,
The honorable administration of Saintland,

following your recently passed laws, the Crataan legislative branches and administrative branches have decided to impose regulations for Crataan citizens to prevent Crataan citizens to be in serious danger in your nation. We have also warned the Humanitarian League, a secular humanist organization treating millions with humanitarian aid. Here is a rough overview of proposed and passed laws, regulations and statements:

• Official travel warning for Crataan citizens (approved by the Committee of Foreign Affairs; no legislative action required) with at least the following reasons: Religious indoctrination, restricted freedom of expression, restricted freedom of assembly, restricted freedom of personal safety, threats of serious injuries;
  • Official warning to the Humanitarian League (approved by the Committee of Foreign Affairs; no legislative action required) with at least the following reasons: Religious indoctrination, restricted freedom of expression, restricted freedom of assembly, restricted freedom of personal safety, threats of serious injuries;
  • Official call to release all Crataan citizens and to allow them to move to Crata freely (approved by the Committee of Foreign Affairs; approved by the Federal Assembly 791 - 48; approved by the Citizen's Council 121 - 29);
  • REJECTED: Official condemnation of Saintland (rejected by the Federal Assembly 201 - 629).

Please be also aware that should you consider indoctrinating Crataan citizens, you are violating the Crataan Bill of Rights.

Sincerely,
Dr. Robert Gray
Department of Foreign and International Relations of the Federal Republic of Crata
Libertas inaestimabilis res est
The Federal Republic of Crata / Bundesrepublik Crata

Current Administrative Associate of Noctur

Zimmer Twins
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zimmer Twins » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 am

Dear Saintland,
We Urge you to change this from foreign to everyone in your country. Otherwise this will be discriminatory and will not get our acceptance.

-New Zimmer City, Zimmer Twins
Last edited by Zimmer Twins on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Left: 3.23
Libertarian: 2.43
Non Interventionalist: -1.6
Cultural Liberal: -3.87

Pro-Choice, Same Sex Marriage, Renewable Power, Space Travel, Tests on nuclear power.

SOPA/PIPA/CISPA, Pro-Life, Homophobes, Fossil Fuels.

OOC: I'm just a guy who likes video games and knows nothing about politics. Wow I am addicted to this game. 500 posts in about 4 months.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 am

Secretariat for Diplomacy, International Affairs and Supranational Entities

TO: The Government of Saintland,

We care to inform you that all Gordano-Lysandians in your nation are being evacuated with the greatest haste. We hold strong concerns for not just the welfare of foreign persons within your nation, but your own citizens.

Indoctrination is an disgusting exercise in order to suppress the free will and free thought of your people. In doing this, you are threatening the existence of Saintland as your educative practices, critical thinking and economic and political outlooks are weakened. The integrity of your nation is damaged.

Hence, all foreign persons within the Kingdom of Saintland have also been invited to flee to the Royal Commonwealth of Gordano-Lysandus, along with any native persons who are under threat from governmental tyranny.

We'd like to give you this opportunity to rectify the civil, political, social and cultural rights of your people in Saintland. If no change is made, discussion will be held with the allies of Gordano-Lysandus to consider further action in light of your grievous crimes against your own people. You have been warned.

Yours,

Elliot Altus,
Secretary of State for Diplomacy, International Affairs and Supranational Entities.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Jandaria
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jandaria » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 pm

To: The Government of Saintland

We believe this to be discrimination against foreign peoples, and we insist you stop said action. I know your nation may not have the same beliefs ours does, and we respect that, but at-least realize you can not discriminate against someone for such idiotic reasons. Please, consider this.

On Behalf of the Prince,
Joseph Krieger, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Embassy Program
Kindness, Loyalty, and Respect is what Jandaria is base on. A nation ruled by ponies, how unrealistic. Well...WHO LIKES REALISM ANYWAYS!?!?!? D:

Segland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Segland » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Official Diplomatic Communiqué from
The Republic of Segland
Republiq a Seglandique | Republique Seglandienne | Republica de Segland

To: Paulus XV, King of Saintland
Subject: Moral Crackdown

We see that your nation is improving its stance on the immorality of some foreign residents. It is because of this that we must congratulate you in a world where too few people are aware of God's plan for everyone, a world where righteousness is frowned upon and where "tolerance" is taken to extremes.

May God bless you and your nation.

Sincerely yours,
Jean Beluy-Chaveux, Chancellor of the Republic of Segland
The Seglandic Republic | Segelcynn Gemænewela | 色各兰共和国
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere." - Seamus Heaney

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:57 pm

To: Dr. Robert Gray

Crataan citizens are in no serious danger in my Kingdom. Foreigners are not compelled to join the Church of Saintland. If they join the Church voluntarily, they are subject to its jurisdiction and the laws related to the Church. If they choose to start on the path to citizenship, they agree to follow all our laws. We have open borders in my Kingdom and we also allowed foreigners to run their own schools completely unregulated. Recently, a small minority of foreign resident women and children got out of hand, so I needed to do something before they corrupted the morals of the citizens.

The call to release your citizens was completely unnecessary. Every foreign resident is free to go at any time. If they've committed crimes, they may be deported after they finish paying off their debt to the Kingdom, depending upon the nature of their crime. They are in no danger, so long as they respect our laws and customs, which really isn't too difficult. Even the personal safety of subversive elements is not in any risk, although they certainly won't find the treatment they get in our prisons very comfortable. We aren't planning on inflicting any serious injuries on anybody either, well at least no any that would last more than a few weeks. So long as your citizens don't try to subvert our institutions, they'll be fine.

As for the Humanitarian League, we would advise them to refrain from proselytizing in the Kingdom. We don't appreciate attempts to convert our citizens and we really don't appreciate attempts to convert them to atheism.

- King Paulus XV

To: Zimmer Twins, Joseph Krieger

Foreign residents are not discriminated against in my Kingdom. They are exempt from a number of laws that apply to citizens. Schools for foreign residents were completely unregulated for a long time and there were a number of schools that abused this to corrupt the morals of their students. I issued my decree to prevent this plague of immorality from spreading and corrupting the youth of the Kingdom. We also had problems with a group that was openly insulting the Patriarch of our Church and blocking city streets on a Sunday morning. As it turned out, around 2 out of ever 3 members of that group were foreign residents, so there is good reason to suspect foreign subversion.

I'm not going to require foreign residents to follow the laws that only apply to citizens and I'm not going to repeal my decree. I will continue to welcome foreign residents into my Kingdom. I welcome foreigners in my Kingdom. All I ask for is some basic respect for our laws and customs.

- King Paulus XV

To: Elliot Altus

I am unaware of any evacuations and I don't think anybody in my Kingdom regards me as a tyrant. The people of my Kingdom overwhelmingly support our laws, most of which have been in place for centuries. They appreciate being freed of the wasteful political campaigning and the rampant vice that is common in less enlightened nations. I have taken note of your threat and I will be expanding the size of my Kingdom's military even though I do not believe that you will actually be stupid enough to try to invade a remote island located in a polar region in the middle of winter. We warn you that knowledge of Greek fire is a state secret of the Kingdom of Saintland and we won't hesitate to use it on any naval or military transport ships that threaten our waters. Additionally, I should warn you that there are many nations that support us and I'm sure they'd be willing to help protect our Kingdom against invasion.

As for your claims that we indoctrinate our citizens, let me tell you that this is an absolute falsehood. There is no such thing as a "neutral" education. All education has a bias of some sort. We were taken advantage of by allowing foreign resident schools to go completely unregulated. Our citizens are educated in Church of Saintland schools. That includes members of the Royal family, who are educated in the same schools as the children of the (in name only) nobility and the children of the commoners. I know firsthand that I received no special treatment at school and many of my advisers were my friends at school.

Nobody is under threat of "government tyranny" in my Kingdom. Every foreign resident is free to leave at any time. We also allow citizens to leave if they choose, although women and children cannot leave the Kingdom unaccompanied.

In closing, let me express my hopes that your nation will realize the error of its ways and embrace righteousness.

- King Paulus XV

To: Jean Beluy-Chaveux

I thank you for your support. My hospitality and tolerance were abused by a small minority that has attempted to subvert my Kingdom. I took steps to restore order and regulate the previously unregulated schools for foreign residents. Apparently, there are many foreign governments that are unaware that we still tolerate many things from foreign residents that we would never tolerate from citizens. I'm not going to allow foreign residents to fornicate in public parks or blockade city streets on a Sunday morning making vicious personal attacks on the Patriarch of the Church. Apparently that makes me a "tyrant" who is "oppressing" foreign residents and one nation even threatened to invade my Kingdom! All this has done is prove my suspicions that there is a Satanic conspiracy, likely led by the World Assembly, to destroy morality around the world. I will not be intimidated by them and they will not succeed in subverting my Kingdom or corrupting its youth.

May God bless you and your nation,

- King Paulus XV
Why I left NS Sports

Azurand
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Azurand » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 pm

---From the Office of Caliph---
"In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, Most Merciful."

Honourable King Paulus XV of Saintland,
Firstly, I shall offered my sincerest greetings to Your Majesty the King and your honourable people. Your action against immorality is deserved for nothing, except a warm commendation from us, the Imperial Caliphate of Azurand. Despite you're from different faith than us, we shall congratulate you for enforcing morality, the God's order in Earth.

The Imperial Caliphate of Azurand has been infamous for our orthodoxy in enforcing Islamic morality, we've received many condemnations from barbaric liberals. But we know better, a World without morality will shattered our noble principles, crushed the nation painstakingly constructed by us. And now, today World is close to that, the World where righteousness viewed as "outdated" and immorality viewed as "tolerance". We're more than happy when know that, despite they've different faith, our partner in enforcing God's rule on Earth, in order to avoid His Wrath to this immoral Earth.

Henceforth I shall assured you, that the Azurandians that staying in your country shall accepted your laws, whether they're Muslims or Christians. However, if there's any of our people in your country that committed the violations to your morality law, I shall, on behalf of Azurandians, apologize for their actions.

I look forward for the further relationship with your nation, therefore feel free to apply in our Embassy Programme. The Imperial Caliphate also warmly will welcome your citizens which are interested to visit our nation, if they could and if they want to. Together, we may purge the World of vice and sin.

Thank you for your attention and may God bless you ever after,

His Excellency, Caliph of Azurand.
Last edited by Azurand on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAIN - PAIX - LIBERTÉ

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:28 pm

To: Caliph Mahmoud Al-Alim

I thank you for your support. Despite our different faiths, we do have common ground in the battle against Godless secularism. Far too often, Christians and Muslims fight against one another instead of fighting our real enemies. We have had no incidents involving your citizens or any Muslims showing disrespect for morality. Each and every one of the foreign resident lawbreakers has been from some "tolerant" secular nation. for all their professions of tolerance, they are intolerant of virtue. Should you ever have any issues with citizens of my Kingdom showing disrespect for your laws, you have my permission to do with them as you wish.

We intend to take up your offer to participate in your embassy program. I will be sending a message with an application once I have time to complete the form.

May God bless your Caliphate and curse the WA and other secular supremacists,

- King Paulus XV
Why I left NS Sports

Aurvian
Attaché

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurvian » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:39 pm

The Grand Council is disappointed by your perceived necessity to enforce your moral understandings on others. Surely there is a better way to cope with differences than with forcefully stiffling any diversity there is?
This nation was supposed to be something entirely else, so until I managed to fix what I answered wrong before I changed the concept this is not really what it's supposed to be. It's also not necessarily representing my own views.

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm

To: Grand Council of Aurvian

I am not stifling all diversity in my Kingdom. I am merely stifling immoral actions by a small minority that threaten to undermine the morals of my people. People in my Kingdom are perfectly free to live in many different ways. They just don't have the right to impose their immorality on everybody else.

- King Paulus XV

OOC: There's a big incident related to this decree planned for Monday, which was foreshadowed in the latest edition of the Saintland Press.
Why I left NS Sports

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information