NATION

PASSWORD

Your nation's accent

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Varijnland
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Varijnland » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:39 pm

When speaking English? A sort of Scandinavian-Dutch-Afrikaner accent.

Retiring from NS, I wish you all the best in your future endevours :)

- Rasmus

P.S stay off drugs

Krjder
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Krïdans sound German, but when speaking English they sound more Dutch.
Be polite, write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Nation Type: Direct Democratic Federal Monarchy
Capital: Aastejk
Population: 480,670,500
Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
-Realm Chancellor Atsūjiri Gyēzashiri
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves
Dutch teen, Roman Catholic, socially conservative, economically libertarian. Enjoys; hunting, classical & march music, history and debating.

The Sierrian Empire
Envoy

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sierrian Empire » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Sierrians speak with the Queens English British accent.
Some spelling differences between British English and Sierrian English are:
Sierrian Horrour vs. British horror
Sierrian Altour vs British Altar
Sierrian Mourings vs British Moorings

Sierrian Terms:

Like in Britain, "bloody"is used in my sentences to as a curse. Ex. Jesus bloody Christ!, Bloody Hell!, This is bloody hot! etc...
Many Sierrian will exclaim "Mother bloody Mary!" or just "Mother Mary".
Sierrians will use the word "Daint" to describe a poor immagrant, it is a slang, and considered extremely offensive.
Fag is used to describe, a cigarette, a cigar or a pipe. In recent years, it has also come to be an antonym of "Joint".
The word "tripper" means, punk or other type of juvenile delinquent.

Yatl Rasc
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatl Rasc » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Oh, it depends on the region. The people of the bay's upper lip and the northeast of Yatl Rasc have the general "Standard" Rascui accent. The bay's jaw are also close, but pronounce "uh" sounds like "oh"s. The capital and other bay islands are very mixed, ethnically, so labeling them with one general accent is quite impossible! The people of the Yatl Rasc lowlands speak faster than normal, and seem to lengthen all their vowels. The highlands and northern deltas are an extremity of this, where it seems like some of their syllables just merge ("Yah-tel" starts sounding like "Yahl"). The islanders are varied as they can be, especially given that their native languages lost contact with most of the Empire's some 1000+ years ago. Their accents can be difficultly nasal to the point where mainlanders say that their incapable of making guttural sounds at all. My friend has devoted his life to the study of the Rascui language, and he seems to cringe every time he talks to someone from Valu'kau.

New Albrionn
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Albrionn » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm

The New Albrionnic accent has been described as a mixture of west coast North American, English, and Scottish. The latter two elements tend to be more noticable in the cities and among the upper classes. It's also been said that New Albrionners emphasise their s's.
On almost any matter I will discuss, I will negotiate, and I will compromise. But on the matters of liberty, justice, and knowledge I shall not be moved. Those who would impose or support tyranny, corruption, or ignorance are undeserving of consideration, nor understanding, nor even life itself.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Walosia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Walosia » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:40 am

Walosia have a kind of Southwest American accent with some Latinification (Some words are pronounced like they do in latin. Mostly done on words which are borrowed from Latin into English)
Member of the following Alliances
IATA Member
Full Member of the International Space Agency

CANON UPDATE (OOC):
I have given this a lot of thought and I have decided to do some major changes to the Walosian History Canon.

The largest change that I will be doing is the removal of the “Walosian-Khelsharian War of 2009” and the following abdication of Empress Liat as well as the removal of the character Liat completely. The reason why is because I have developed my nation into a more realistic fashion during the 2014-2015 era and after reviewing older post I see that the war and abdication of Liat is both unrealistic, doesn’t fit with the overall nation and is simply unprofessional.

Bojikami
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikami » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:45 am

We have a Russian accent.
Be gay, do crime.
23 year old nonbinary trans woman(She/They), also I'm a Marxist-Leninist.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.33

Esperanto State
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Esperanto State » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:55 am

Most Esperantans have American accents.

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:57 am

Our English accent can range from Dutch to Scandinavian to German, and from Serbo-croatian to Bulgarian to Czech and Slovak to Ukrainian and Russian. However, most of our educated populace can usually speak English at a native level, with only a very mild accent.

For our languages, our Russian constitutes a unique accent, while our German appears to be closer to the Austrian variety.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Libertade
Envoy

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertade » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:11 am

The most homogeneous accent by far is found on the English-speaking minority: An overwhelming majority are the descendants of Californian civilians, mostly skilled workers and businesspeople, who arrived during both American occupations. As a result, they've got a distinctly Californian accent.

Libertade has always maintained close cultural ties with Brazil, and its Portuguese-speaking majority speaks dialects fairly close to the Brazilians'.

The Spanish-speaking minority is by far the least homogeneous. The local accent is probably closest to Chilean or Argentinian, but most recent refugees have noticeable Basque or Colombian accents.

Zaldakki
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaldakki » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:14 am

Ze Zaldakkians haz a very Frãsh (French) aksãt.

Kyuji
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuji » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:16 am

Adorable , yet fierce .
Pro :Voluntary Cannibalism (in other words the kind where people willingly offer themselves up as food) , Freedom of speech , The Austro-Hungarian Empire , The Ottoman Empire , Taoism , Gay Marriage, Martial Arts , Madoka , Kyubey
Anti :Racism , Israel , Homphobia , Bigotry , North Korea , Krav Maga, Russia

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:25 am

Walosia wrote:Walosia have a kind of Southwest American accent with some Latinification (Some words are pronounced like they do in latin. Mostly done on words which are borrowed from Latin into English)

That November date? It was in 2012. Even if it was in 2013 it would still be gravedigging to revive this.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information