NATION

PASSWORD

Esquarium Today [Regional News, CLOSED]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:01 pm

I SRF1 I SRF2 I SRF REGIONS I SRF3 I SRF4 I SRFI I SRF.INFO INTERNATIONAL I

I News I Francilie I Esquarium I Politics I Culture I Sports I Science I Health I Travel I Television I

LEGISLATIVE ELECTIONS The results of the 1st round of the legislative elections are coming in soon
Published : 1st March 2015, 18:52 Pontnouveau Time | Written by Astryd de Saint-Just

At 9 PM, every TV and radio channel will give a projection of the National Assembly.

PONTNOUVEAU ( FRANCILIE ) The first polling stations just closed, as 2 hours of complete silence began. Tonight, snap legislative elections occured, in the wake of Claire Journay's election in early January.

To Claire Journay, having a centrist Parliament is important to turn her nowadays famous "10-Points plan", nicknamed "Légijournay" by its detractors. But according to the last polls, the Coalition Centriste may only get a plurality in the National Assembly, with a strong competition by the SocDems, the right (UPF) and the far-right (FNF)

Since they have the Senate, winning the National Assembly would be really good for the President's party, which would confirm their win in the snap presidential elections, but a UPF win would say to the government that the right still runs this country. A win of the far-Xs would be a political earthquake, and a win of the SocDems will give the National Assembly to the left for the first time since Gérard Beaulieu's election year, 1982.

Polls already show a plausible turnout of 84%, and if this is true, that will be the highest turnout for a legislative election in 50 years.

Stay tuned...

NEXT ELECTION REPORT AT 8:30 PM

Last edited by Francilie on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Esquarium's favourite French-speaking federal republic gone far-right once

I'm neither a rightist, a centrist nor a leftist; I think all of them have good and bad ideas.

Namor
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:31 pm

Court dismisses "frivolous" Constitution lawsuit
March 1, NMR 2375

NAMO, CAPITAL DISTRICT - The national court dismissed The Constitution's lawsuit against satire news source The Pickle, citing its "frivolous" nature.

The Pickle was sued by the conservative Luziycan paper for its publication of a newspaper mocking Luziyca, called The Constipation. The logo and name of The Constipation resembles that of The Constitution, leading to The Constitution's editor sung The Pickle for copyright infringement. Pickle editor Yu Ta called on the court to dismiss the lawsuit - and it did.

It was ruled by the judge that The Pickle did not commit copyright infringement under Namorese copyright law. "The Pickle is not a serious source for information, so it does not meet the criteria for it to be considered a violation of [copyright] law."

The formatting of The Constipation is not owned by The Constitution, the judge said. While there are similarities, none of them constitute a violation of copyright law. There is no further need to examine the case, so the lawsuit is dismissed.

Yu Ta came out of the courtroom holding up a V-for-victory sign. Fellow members of The Pickle staff cheered. Asked about how he felt about the court's dismissal, Yu said he plans on spreading The Constipation's satire across the border: "The Luziycan people should enjoy some of the true freedom given to them by God."

COMMENTS
Ching Su
Hahahaha knew the court would do this 204 20

Ting Tang
I think it's clear by now that this lawsuit is stupid, so yeah, not surprised. 134 8

Zheng Sheng
Who's next on the Constitution sue list? The Shudri paper? 44 31

Other News
  • One year anniversary of Pavonistadian recognition of Ocelot Isles - Looking at the challenges that lay ahead for the independent nation.
  • It's official: Riro to hold referendum on joining Namor - The referendum, which was unilaterally announced by Riroese authorities, is scheduled to be held on April 29.
  • Spring Festival travel dies down - Normalcy is expected to return to the highways of Namor now that the Namorese New Year's is winding down.
  • Sakatia test fires ICBMs into international waters - In a move that's likely to spark tensions with other countries, Sakatian president Salkov personally ordered the firing of ballistic missiles into the Esquarian Ocean "to prevent foreign excursions."
© Namorese Radio-Television (PTH). All rights reserved.
NMR-free since August 2017!

New Sakatia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sakatia » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Amid massive protests in Sakatia, the Predstavnik votes to remove President Salkov from power

Salkov fights back and dissolves the Predstavnik; Minister of Defense Andrei Yalkev reportedly flees to Francilie

The "human wall" outside the Predstavnik on March 1, 2015

March 1, 2015
Plavagrad, Sakatia - - The Vesna (Spring) 2015 protests began in Plavagrad, following the Liberal Party victory in the Predstavnik elections. The protests primary goals are to get incumbent Sakatian President Vladimir Salkov to resign. About an hour after the protests officially began, the Liberal dominated Predstavnik voted in favor of removing President Salkov and calling early elections. Salkov has spent the last week issuing threats to the Predstavnik and several Liberal MPs were reported missing following today's vote.

An hour after the vote, President Salkov called the Predstavnik "a home of traitors, thieves and spies" and subsequently dissolved it. The Liberal Party head Andrei Anosov called the action "illegal and unconstitutional". He also urged the Sakatian security services to disregard any orders to detain MPs or storm the Predstavnik. Following Salkov's declaration, Protesters surrounded the Predstavnik forming a "human wall" to protect the building. Meanwhile another large crowd had gathered in Golden Square in central Plavagrad calling on the President to resign. The police so far have not resorted to violence, however have detained several protesters.

Meanwhile, reports surfaced that recently appointed Minister of Defense Andrei Yalkev has fled the country. Unconfirmed reports also stated that he told Salkov to head to Tulsk and form a new Sakatian government in the north. North Sakatia is where Salkov has a high approval rating, which is incredibly low in much of south.

Liberals dominate the Predstavnik, United Sakatia suffers heavy defeat
Salkov claims Liberal Party head Andrei Anosov is a "male prostitute"
Protests begin nationwide in Sakatia

Comments (2)
Dmitri, from Plavagrad said:
Death to the liberals. long live Salkov!

Withheld, from Omsk said:
Salkov is a demon that must be removed. He is ruining our image and destroying our nation. Sakatia is a joke in the eyes of the word now.
Refer to me as Sakatia not New Sakatia.
My factbook (Take a look)

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:19 pm

Vesperia Votes 'No' to Independence
Vesperia has voted to stay in Arkiasis after voters narrowly reject independence
ABC News | Posted: 28 February 2015

No supporters celebrate after their narrow victory.

ÅLSTAD - After meticulous recounts throughout the night the results have officially been announced with the "No" side winning with 6,782,559 votes over 6,705,622 for the "Yes" side, a margin of only 76,936 votes, the closest result of any election or referendum in Arkiasis history.

Prime Minister Troy Brown said he was delighted that Arkiasis would remain together and that commitments on extra devolution powers would be honoured "in full".

"We will now work closely with Vesperia and other parties in Parliament to propose new powers over tax, spending and welfare to Vesperia in the coming months with proposed legislation published by this summer." The prime minister also acknowledged that the people of Vesperia and all Arkiasian provinces must have a bigger say over their affairs.

Jonna Mikkelsen, leader of the Vesperian Labour Party said the people of Vesperia had "chosen unity over division and positive change rather than needless separation", adding: "This is not only a momentous result for Vesperia and Arkiasis but also for the whole region as a whole."

"We have shown the region that a multinational democracy is not one that is doomed to collapse." she said. "The result had reaffirmed the values that we all have in common and the bonds that tie us together", adding: "Let them never be broken."
Many Yes supporters were visibly upset by the result.

Shortly afterwards, Premier Patrik Lagerqvist of Vesperia said he accepted the defeat and called for national unity.

In a rallying call to supporters the Premier said "We will make sure that Leighton follows through on their promise to grant further powers to Vesperia."

The Premier also urged the Yes voters to reflect on how far they had come."We should not dwell on 'what ifs', instead we need to focus on how far we came and how large this campaign became. Many people thought that such a thing would never be credible or even possible. We proved them wrong." he said.

Many yes supports however, were visibly upset. In Mitteren Square in Ålstad where many pro-independence rallies were held, the mood was drastically different with yes supporters reflecting on what could have been.

Ålstad, the provinces largest city and capital had the largest support for independence with 1,094,055 residents in Ålstad voting yes and 538,863 voting no. A chalk inscription in the middle of the square read "Ålstad sa ja" or "Ålstad said yes", a reminder to everyone passing that Vesperia's largest city had embraced Patrik Lagerqvist's vision of forming a new, independent country outside Arkiasis.

Outside of Ålstad, Närvik had the 2nd largest support for independence followed by smaller majorities in Nelsonburg and Diersaad. However, the yes campaign lost severely in rural areas winning just 24% of the rural vote.

Despite the no vote, the referendum could have huge constitutional implications in Arkiasis and could determine the future of provincial power in Arkiasis.

"One thing we can all agree on is that Provinces should have the power to make their own decisions." said the Prime Minister. "There is an appetite for change and a strengthening of the powers for not only the Vesperian parliament but for all Provincial parliament in Arkiasis." This is backed by all the main political parties including pro and anti-independence parties.

"My role as Prime Minister is to create a process through which we can channel that energy into real action." The Prime Minister promised to engage with all political parties, trade unions, businesses and voluntary organisations and listen to "ideas and thoughts" from ordinary people.

Top Stories:
- Vesperia Independence Referendum - LIVE COVERAGE
- Celebrations held in Ocelot Isles to mark 1st anniversary of independence
- Francilie holds first round of legislative elections

10562 Comments

E-mail this article | @ Share this article
© Arkiasis Broadcasting Corporation, 2015. All rights reserved.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

Qianrong
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Qianrong » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:34 pm

Because modern news media is already a fiasco

Many had assumed that changing "National Security Forces" to "National Self-Defense Forces" would have made the Qianrongese military more defensive than it was in the past.
Unfortunately, this slight renaming does not seem to have greatly affected its habits.

NATIONAL SELF-DEFENSE FORCES REPORTEDLY CONSIDERING MILITARY OPERATIONS TO END FIGHTING IN GOVERNMENTAL DISTRICT OF YUCHENG
March 1st, 2015 - Yucheng, Qianrong - Supreme Commandant of the National Self-Defense Forces Guan Xin-Ren has confirmed that the National Self-Defense Forces have been considering a "pacification operation" in the Governmental District of Yucheng, saying that "the rise of conflict in Yucheng seriously jeopardizes our ability to carry out our quest against the ASQ."

"We cannot stand idly by and allow this senseless mayhem to continue," Guan said, "As conditions worsen at their dangerously rapid pace, we have to consider the merits of ending the rule of hostile factions over Yucheng."

Earlier, the NSDF had refused to admit that military action was being considered. "We have not yet made a decision as to how we are going to address this rapidly deteriorating situation, but at this point I cannot say that military action is indeed on the table," NSDF spokesman Nguoi Bao Minh told reporters at a morning press conference two days ago, emphasizing that they were "deeply troubled" by the escalating hostilities and diminishing prospects for unity in the Governmental District but were hesitant to get the military involved. "Clearly, sending our young men and women into this tumultuous zone is not ideal, and we still hope that the combatants in Yucheng themselves can resolve the situation through peaceful means. And even if the conflict continues to worsen, or it becomes increasingly evident that the deployment of the National Self-Defense Forces may be our only real option to stabilize Yucheng, we will think through the decision thoroughly and repeatedly."

Now, however, they have changed tack and admitted they are investigating the possibility of action. "For decades, the Governmental District was quiet and safe," Commandant Guan told a press delegation. "Within the past weeks, however, the situation has grown drastically worse. Areas which were once stable are now filled with unprecedented political conflict. The meteoric rise of this conflict is also incredibly unnerving. The fact that this conflict rose so quickly means it might escalate similarly quickly." Guan continued by briefly covering the situation on the ground. "This now-dangerous landscape is being contested by more than half a dozen different groups who have formed unstable alliances, but the ideological differences within these coalitions mean that there's potential for these alliances to collapse, which could cause a severe and potentially lethal destabilization. These groups are dead-set on achieving these conflicting goals, and have said they will see themselves victorious. Any conflict of this unprecedented level is greatly unnerving to us." Guan added that the presence of a Zepuhan military force in the vicinity had done nothing to prevent the present situation. "Because they failed to take any active role in this situation, it has spun out of control." Attempts by the groups themselves to initiate diplomatic outreach have also generally not succeeded.

"While this would normally not justify us acting, the situation in Yucheng is critical to the NSDF's continuing fight against the terrorists in the Alliance for Sovereignty in Qianrong. We have become very dependent upon the security and stability of Yucheng for our operations against the ASQ in the Minjian region," Guan said, saying that anarchy in Yucheng would cripple anti-terror operations in the north of Minjian and increase the load on cities like Rongyao and Xiangmen. "Losing Yucheng would do to our operations in Minjian what losing Shanliang, Hai Nang, or Danh Dap would do to our operations in Tuhao, or what losing Lumangdaungan or Angkapalaran would do to our operations in Mahusayna."

But even if Yucheng avoids being thrown into total anarchy by the eight groups fighting to control the Governmental District, Guan says that their operations against the ASQ may still suffer. "There are three of these eight groups that would probably allow us to continue our operations at the level necessary to defeat the ASQ," he explained. "But at least four of the groups want to scale back our ability to fight the ASQ. At the present, we know that one of these groups is a probable ally of the ASQ, one that actively wants to fight against us." Guan explained the present situation in Yucheng too. "Right now, most of the district is held by groups that allow us to continue our fight against the ASQ. However, their hold over the Governmental District is fragile and could be easily disturbed. That could lead to a severe destabilization that would not only plunge Yucheng into chaos, but would also jeopardize our fight against ASQ terrorists. If any of those four hostile groups takes control of Yucheng, we might be unable to avenge the civilians murdered by the ASQ. Qianrong's fight against the ASQ would be sent back months if the situation in Yucheng gets any worse."

The NSDF's official strategy is simple, Guan says, though he cannot disclose details for obvious reasons. "There are a series of critical locations in the Governmental District that we would obviously target should the situation deteriorate. There's the National Palace, the Blue House and Yellow House, the Legislative Hall, the Supreme Court, and several bureaucratic buildings. These are critical points for the control of Yucheng, and if we are able to take them then we can continue our fight against the ASQ." Guan believes that this strategy will end the instability conclusively. "Our goal is to keep the peace," he emphasizes. "We will seek to end this chaos quickly, with minimal destruction."

While Guan is confident that the NSDF could stabilize the situation in Yucheng, many are intensely skeptical. Professor Tendarang Tapawbahay of the University of Depengulang explains that this is not the first time the NSDF has engaged in military operations in Yucheng before. "As recently as December of last year, the NSDF- then called the National Security Forces- was engaged in Yucheng militarily. They deposed the ineffective ruler there, who was perceived to be hampering their ability to fight the ASQ. However, even though the NSDF seized control of several critical points and quickly established a new government in the area, they faced massive local backlash and ultimately were forced to concede control of Yucheng to rioters who had managed to defeat them in several critical battles. The rioters managed to capture the leadership the NSDF established and utterly humiliated the NSDF, which expected an easy victory. Furthermore, this botched operation ultimately created the present instability and the belligerent situation facing Yucheng today."

In fact, some believe that the NSDF should cease reliance on Yucheng entirely and move its operational center to a nearby city such as Beifang or Siwang. And some say that the NSDF should pull out of Yucheng entirely, and let the factions fight each other. "We may have to accept the fact that the deep fissures afflicting Yucheng are at present unfixable, and that we’ll just have to wait the half-century or so it could take for the region to achieve some kind of stability naturally from within," says retired Ministry of Defense official Zhou Qing-Yuan, adding that even a well-intentioned mission with the goal of saving lives can turn dangerous very quickly. "In war, things never go to plan. What might start out as a small peacekeeping mission could very easily turn into a massive, bloody, protracted conflict."

But Zhou says that isn't all. "We are seeing similar levels of chaos and infighting in many of the smaller cities and towns of Qianrong, where extremists loyal to these factions have gained significant ground and power. Are we really prepared to risk Qianrongese lives for what could be a lost cause?"

"To top this off, many Qianrongese are preoccupied by the fight against the ASQ, or the possibility of Luziyca or Namor interfering in Qianrongese stability. The last thing they want is for the National Self-Defense Forces to become distracted by other conflicts, or wind up in some quagmire. The Qianrongese people want these resources focused on fighting Ngo Huu Tra and his gang of murderers. Besides, the majority of Qianrongese citizens probably don't even know what's going on in there," Zhou added.

Top 3 News Stories from Trang Vai
MICHILLIES: The Michillian government has confirmed that it will give the title of Exalted Civilian, awarded to those who provide "exceptional service and dedication to the Most Serene Republic and its people", to Nevan King Juhani III's stomach after the aforementioned organ developed a very lethal form of cancer that will take three to twelve months to kill the ruler of Esquarium's most backwards nation. Annemarie Vang said that Juhani's stomach cancer "has guaranteed an inevitable victory in our battle to end monarchic, racist, and sexist rule over the Nevan archipelago." In response, Nevan Prime Minister Tuomas Hyvarinen has reportedly authorized Nevan intelligence services to meet with the Ebola virus, though his government has denied these accusations.
NAMOR: Namorese Foreign Minister Shen Wuhong has said that only Namorese individuals and groups can attempt to use lawsuits to force the people they don't like into silence through bankruptcy, explaining Namor's response to an attempt by Luziyca's the Constitution to bankrupt Namorese parody piece the Constipation. Shen cited attempts by the Txotai AR regime to bankrupt dissident media source Radio Free Qianrong in 2014 as proof that trying to sue news groups so as to silence them is an exclusively Namorese technique. "Because of this blatant Luziycan assault on the rights of Namorese groups," Shen told the press, "we had to dismiss the case." In response, the Constitution ran an article saying that Shen was actually a reptilian space alien working with the ghost of Schiavo Padyatri to destroy Luziyca.
SCOTIA: The Scotian government has released a communique in which it strongly urged the Pavonistadian government to end "violent separatist rebellion in the Ocelot Isles," saying that "the fact that Ocelotians are celebrating their unjust revolt against Pavonistade-" a reference to Ocelotians celebrating the one-year anniversary of the OIIR 2014 referendum and Pavonistade's recognition of the Ocelot Isles as sovereign- "is a disgrace to Pavonistade and the memory of Mattheu Azurite." Scotia, alongside literally nobody else, refuses to recognize the Isles as sovereign in spite of the 1990, 2014, and 2015 referendums in which Ocelotians voted to be free from Pavonistadian rule. The Scotian National Party has released its own statement criticizing the government, urging that Scotia instead invade the Isles while Ocelotians are too busy celebrating.
Last edited by Qianrong on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Formerly Ruridova - Come join Kylaris!
---"Don't kill, and don't be killed, alright? That's the best you can strive for."---

Vozergovnia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vozergovnia » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:36 pm

2 March 2014
No Citizenship for those Who Refuse to Learn Vozergovnian

Belgrev, Vozergovnia - The Ministry of Justice and Interior has announced the country's nationality law will not be amended to make way for 2,000 stateless residents who have refused to attend government-financed Vozergovnian lessons arguing their age would make all attempts and efforts futile. An unnamed ministry spokeswoman announced the Ministry's decision by saying, ''The Ministry refuses to allow the naturalisation of residents which have not successfully integrated into our society. These people have been provided with all the necessary facilities to learn our language to a basic level but they have refused. The applicants who can show a basic level of fluency in the language will be approved but we can unfortunately not issue these long-term residents with naturalisation certificates for the aforementioned reasons''.

A foreign journalist asked whether the stateless residents' rights had been violated and whether they had access to travel documents to which the spokeswoman responded by saying, ''Our country respects international law and therefore respects the rights of these people; their rights have not been infringed. They have access to travel documents issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the one I represent, the Ministry of Justice and Interior, depending on their place at the time of petitioning for the issuance of the document. We have denied them citizenship under valid grounds but they continue to be legal residents of this country and as a civilised country we continue to recognise all their rights!''
A man exhibits his Vozergovnia-issued stateless
person's travel document.

The unsuccessful applicants issued a brief collective statement in which they criticised the government's ''abuse of power and rampant xenophobia'' while claiming the stateless person's travel documents granted to them are ''expensive'' and ''useless'' owing to the fact that the Vozergovnian Government has asked all nations to impose visa restrictions on holders since they run the risk of settling illegally. They went on to claim all their attempts at learning the country's national language would prove futile due to their advanced age. They also announced their intention to challenge the Ministry's decision through the judicial system but they are not expected to succeed in their attempts.

The applicants belong to the Tsak linguistic minority from Northern Vozergovnia which renounced their citizenship en masse to protest against their language's lack of official recognition. The community number around 12,000 and most have either left the country and assimilated in other countries or adapted into Vozergovnian society. The Tsak people's language is consequently at a critical stage where only 3,574 speak it as their native language and 8,003 as a second language.

The Ministry's decision has reignited a linguistic debate in Vozergovnian society. The people are divided; the older generations call for the recognition of all minority languages largely due to their memories of the horrible civil war while the younger, more nationalistic and homogenised generations applaud the Minsitry's decision and some even call for their deportation despite their statelessness which would render them de facto ''undeportable''.

Top Stories:

- Educational Reform to be Announced ''Soon''
- Central Bank Lowers Interest Rate; Negative Interest Rate Being Considered
- Flag Change Organisation Formed

987 Comments
Last edited by Vozergovnia on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free State of Vozergovnia
IIwiki | Map
Proud citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Proud citizen of Malta
I was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina but my family gained asylum in Malta during the Bosnian War. Since the war's end I've lived in BiH, Malta and the UK. I speak English, Maltese, French, Italian and Serbo-Croatian. Yes, I actually do prefer to call it that although artificially inflating my language count isn't a bad idea... Oh and I'm studying Spanish.
Pro: Liberal democracy, Ordoliberalism, Rhine capitalism, Civic nationalism
Anti: Marxism, Fascism, Ethnic nationalism, Anarchism

Restore the Maltese Monarchy!
Reform Party: A Way To Move Forward. Join Today

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Trial for the "murder" of Schiavo Padyatri to begin tomorrow
Adalrico D'Arpino's mugshot

FIRENZE, LOMBARDIA - Tomorrow, the trial of Adalrico D'Arpino will be held at the Firenze Courthouse. Adalrico D'Arpino was accused of murdering Schiavo Padyatri, and the prosecution has set their case up. The jury has been chosen, comprised of six men and six women, and all of them are of Lombardian ethnicity.

The prosecution seeks to charge 49-year old Adalrico D'Arpino with first-degree murder, and requesting life in prison with parole after 25 years, due to "clear malice motivated by racial hatred against the Shudri." When asked, Adalrico D'Arpino said, "I did not do it because I hate the gyps, I did it because he was clearly a thief. Clear and simple. He had something to hide, he refused to follow my orders, and he had a weapon. If I didn't kill him, God knows what he will do to our community 'ere."

In Firenze, 2,000 people have gathered surrounding the courthouse, most expressing support for Adalrico D'Arpino.

A father of four said, "It is a foolish thing for the police to arrest Adalrico D'Arpino. He was only protecting his community against a thief who was carrying a weapon. The jury ought to acquit him, because it was in clear self-defense against the gyp."
However, some have criticized it: Arcibaldo Mattice who was present said that "the attitude of the Lombardians against the Shudri are a huge problem: it is our greatest moral failure, and we are now more better known for this than our cuisine, which is a shame."

More as the story develops.
In other news
  • Namor - Court dismisses lawsuit against The Constipation, declares it frivolous
  • Arkiasis - Vesperia makes right decision, stays in Arkiasis
  • Ocelot Isles - Celebrate the first anniversary since independence
  • Francilie - Legislative elections to be held
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

East Carrolina
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby East Carrolina » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Conch Islands referendum about to end
"Yes" Supporters outside a voting booth in Lamorada, Conch Islands

Key West, Carolina. After over a month, the referendum is about to finally end, the margins very close. A Carolitics.com (a Carolinian political site) poll averaged all the polls, and it appears the NOs are leading by 1.1%. But some polls have the Yes campaign winning, such as the Key Westerner, a Newspaper in Key West, has the Yes campaign winning by 1.8%. Our own CNN poll has the No campaign winning by 0.7%. But before you vote, you may ask "Why are the Conch Islands voting on seceeding. There are some political issues on why.

General Politics
Carolina is a mainly conservative nation, while Conch Islanders tend to vote more Libertarian.

Gay rights
Carolina has banned gay marriage, and some states have anti-sodomy laws, while some Conch Islanders want to see gay marriage legalized

Foreign policy
Carolina has a semi-interventionist foreign policy, and is a member of the Esquarian Union, while if the Conch Islands where to be independent, they would have a very lax foreign policy and would interested in being a member of WETO, and the Esquarian Community.

Drugs
In Carolina, must drugs aren't legal, and possession of them is treated by the authorities like they would a speeding ticket. However, Conch Islanders want to legalize all drugs for recreational use.

So, in conclusion, this referendum will soon end, and there are a variety of issues it will revolve around. Jeffrey Tillman, Key West, CNN News

Geadland
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Geadland » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:36 pm

PLURALITY OF GEADS BELIEVE OTEKIANS SHOULD HAVE THEIR OWN STATE
Shock poll reveals Geads' rapidly-changing attitudes to the Oteki question
An Otekian rights demonstration in Stanhorst from last September, dominated by local students. Local mayor Gunvor Villemsen said she had never before seen students demonstrate for pro-Otekian causes.

2 March 2015 Last updated 16:33 Geadish Standard Time
GRK have released data from an opinion poll with a surprising result: a plurality of Geadish voters now believe that the Otekian peoples should have their own independent state. It is believed to be the first time any member of the Geadish Polling Council has found that the Geads are net supporters of Otekian nationhood. The poll found that 41% of the respondents were supportive, 38% were opposed and 21% were undecided. Without the undecided respondents, this amounts to 52% supportive and 48% opposed.

That was just one poll. The result was within the margin of error and it could just be an anomaly. A few weeks ago, the pro-independence Campaign for a Free Oteki pressure group commissioned a poll with Politik. This poll put opposition ahead by a 39%-37% margin (again within the margin of error). But these borderline results reveal a dramatic shift in attitudes in the last five years. Until then, Geads had overwhelmingly wanted the entire Txotai region to remain part of Namor. Electoral researcher Johan-Peter Blumendal, who was asked to assist with analysing the results, said that "When they showed me the spreadsheet file, I sent it back thinking that there was some mistake. I thought that the left-wing voters' data must have been missing, or something like that. But it was genuine."

Otekian nationalists previously had very little sympathy in Geadland for decades. Their cause was associated with the violence and terrorism. Otekian rebels committed many atrocities during their war against the Namorese authorities in the 1960s, including burning captives at the stake. Over the next four decades, acts of terrorism were carried out by groups like the Knights of Saint Luther. Many of these actions targeted Geads who lived in the region, not just the Namorese settlers and government. Occasionally they committed acts of terrorism in Geadland itself, the most destructive being the bombing of Kagala Flight 31 in 1978. Geads tended to agree with the Namorese view that Otekian separatism was the result of Luziyca attempting to harass Namor. So what has caused attitudes to change?

Social scientist Jolanda Leeman from the University of Eskrau searched for possible answers as she wrote her qualitative paper Geadish attitudes to the Otekian debate, which will be published in the Spring edition of the Electoral Research Journal. The people she interviewed included 30 who had "previously opposed Otekian statehood but switched to supporting it in the last 5 years." She concluded that "The most important cause of their changes in opinion was the recent disappearance of violent separatist groups." This argument was supported by the recent GRK poll. It found that out of respondents who had recently changed their minds, 52% cited the decline of separatist terrorism as being their main reason for changing their mind. Leeman wrote that "Geads are starting to view Otekian nationalism as no longer being a 'terrorist cause'. Many now see the Otekians as having a basic desire to have a nation-state of their own, just like what the Geads have."

The Knights of Saint Luther has effectively ceased to exist, once Luziyca turned against them and the organisation's leader Breuvi Chikmurdof was hunted down. The existing Otekian government-in-exile (OGIE) remains dominated by politicians who often supported them and never really apologised for it. But the movement is also changing. There is now a large liberal separatist movement, which renounces violence and more willing to accept compromise. This movement is driven by young Otekians in both Namor and in exile. Friction between the established conservative separatists and the younger separatists has been strong enough to cause a recent split in the OGIE. On the other hand, Namorese policy towards separatist groups has not changed much. One of Leeman's interviewees said that "I don't think it's wrong to ban terrorist groups. But Namor treats all separatists like terrorist groups, even ones that blatantly aren't." Edvard Johansen, a signatory of the "Letter of Millions" who opposes creating an Otekian state, said that "A lot of people seem to be forgetting that the many of the politicians in Frontiersburg are hardly liberal democrats. And even activisists like Csedomir Pantejmonov - he has previously advocated paying Kannei settlers to move away."

Nowadays, news stories about events east of the border are more likely to be ones that benefit the separatists. This includes the shooting of Feliks Oleg and the acquittal of the officer responsible. Polls showed that Geads were divided on whether this verdict was the right one. There was the case of the lawsuit against Radio Free Qianrong in which the media organisation was threatened with bankruptcy for a single use of the phrase "ethnic cleansing". Another notable story was Manya Valerija, a singer who had once represented Namor at the Esquarivision Song Contest but was arrested and imprisoned for expressing support for Otekian independence. The Anti-Secession Law, as well as various local laws that further restrict separatist activity, were criticised in Geadland even when few supported a secession. Jaan Torbjörnsen, the Commissioner of Solned and former Leader of the Opposition, said that "The Namorese government has no problem with accepting the secession of Riro from Katranjiev or the Ocelot Isles from Pavonistade. But they happily ban separatist movements that don't act in their own interest. The hypocrisy is staggering."

Like the 2005 poll, the recent poll examined Geadish attitudes to proposed solutions of the dispute. Almost 90% of respondents agreed with the statement that "None of the Kannei Namorese who live in the Txotai region should be forced to move." 67% agreed that "None of the Kannei Namorese who live in the Txotai region should be paid or encouraged to move." They also agreed that "If a separate state is created for the Otekian people, it should consist only of certain parts of Txotai where the majority of the population are ethnic Otekians." This is known in Geadland as the "partition solution", the one that is advocated by Simon Josef Bloom. Respondents overwhelmingly opposed the Namorese stance on several key issues. 73% believed that "Namor excessively restricts Otekian separatists' right to free speech", 52% believed that "Namor excessively restricts Lutheran Catholic Christians' right to practice their religion" and 84% believed that "Namor annexed the First Republic of Oteki against the will of its population." 69% believed that "Namorese media is excessively biased when reporting on Txotaian issues."

The GRK opinion poll also looked at the gender, age, race and political ideologies of the respondents. One notable finding was that opposition to Otekian separatism was far stronger among Geads who were over the age of 50 than those aged 40-49 or younger. Most Geads born before 1965 remember the events of the Otekian rebellion. But even more interesting was the breakdown among voters by political ideology. The pro-Otekian shift in public opinion has been particularly strong among left-wing voters. In 2005, these voters wanted the Otekians to remain under Namorese rule by a massive 73%-17% margin. In the recent poll, this had been reduced to 41%-39%. Right-wing voters, who have consistently been more sympathetic, have changed their attitudes too. Leeman wrote that "In the past, the Geadish left was associated with being pro-Namor and the Geadish right was associated with being pro-Luziyca. But this rigid division - like so many others - is breaking down."

Blumendal, one of the original 100 signatories of the "Letter of Millions", said that "Even if many Geads now support Otekian statehood in theory, trying to get a practical settlement that they would approve of could be tricky. For example, they clearly oppose forcing or encouraging any of the region's Kannei population to move away. That's a morally right decision, but good luck trying to get the more hardline separatists to take that stance. This is not an easy dispute to solve. It would help if all the parties in concerned were actually able and willing to discuss it openly."

Left-wingRight-wingOtherTotal
2005Yes17.1%33.8%26.9%25.3%
2005No73.4%45.2%58.4%59.9%
2005Undecided9.5%21.0%14.7%14.8%
2005% of respondants44.0%36.0%20.0%100.0%
2015Yes38.6%44.5%41.0%41.2%
2015No40.7%34.2%38.1%37.8%
2015Undecided20.7%21.3%20.9%21.0%
2015% of respondants41.0%35.0%24.0%100.0%

Figures may not add up due to rounding
  • Sales of The Constipation treble in Geadland following lawsuit publicity
  • Liberals narrowly win Hart by-election
  • New Alliance and Greens riding well in opinion polls
Last edited by Geadland on Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kingdom of Geadland (Κογνερηικ Γαυδλȣνδ)
Wiki - Factbook - Map - Language - Esquarium Region - Embassy Program

Michillies
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Michillies » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:48 pm

-retconned-
Last edited by Michillies on Wed May 11, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sereníssima Reppública Hesperiana

Accept no substitutes!

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Trial for the "murder" of Schiavo Padyatri to begin tomorrow
Firenze Courthouse

FIRENZE, LOMBARDIA - At half past nine this morning, the trial of the person who rightly slain a gyp, Adalrico D'Arpino began. He was charged with one count of first degree murder, and one count of dangerous operation of a vehicle, and it was televised live on local television and the LRT News Channel.

After the charges were read, Adalrico D'Arpino swore an oath, promising to tell the court the truth: he said, "Io, Adalrico D'Arpino, giuro sulla Bibbia di presentare la verità, nient'altro che la verità. Così Dio mi aiuti!" (I, Adalrico D'Arpino, swear upon the Bible to present the truth, and nothing but the truth. So help me God!) Others did the same, all in Lombardian.

The prosecution then presented their case, and summoned two witnesses: Bunnu Padyatri and Tarsilla Ianni to testify against Adalrico D'Arpino. Both witnesses gave their testimonies, and the prosecution provided evidence to prove their case: a recording of the collision and murder, which was recorded by a passerby. That passerby then gave a similar testimony to the previous two.

Following this, the defense made their case. Lawyer to Adalrico D'Arpino provided evidence: security camera footage of the convenience store, where he was seen putting some chocolate bars in his hoodie pocket, a broken laptop near the scene, and crime statistics before and after his death, and witness statements by Secondo Del Pozzo, the cashier, and Samanta Giuntoli who lived near the scene of the crime.

Samanta gave a riveting testimony, saying that "I saw that hoodlum head from that shop to one of the homes: I saw him use a branch of a tree to break in, he stepped into the window, took a laptop, dropped it in a bush when he saw D'Arpino come, and then I saw him sprint like a devil back to his place. He had been stealing a bit o' stuff from us residents at Collina Albero, and I remember I saw a boy just like him steal my TV. I tried letting the cops know, but they didn't bother answering our complaint. I am glad that he killed that gyp: since he died, we have had no crimes."

At two in the afternoon, the trial was adjourned.

In other news
  • Michillies - North Cortoguay to try their attempts to leave Michillies into the maw of communism
  • Geadland - Plurality of Geads support having a sovereign Oteki
  • Vozergovina - Government declares no citizenship for those that do not learn Vozergovinan
  • Sakatia - Salkov deposed
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:37 pm

I SRF1 I SRF2 I SRF REGIONS I SRF3 I SRF4 I SRFI I SRF.INFO INTERNATIONAL I

I News I Francilie I Esquarium I Politics I Culture I Sports I Science I Health I Travel I Television I

POLITICS Elise Monfort-Valderbre's declarations triggers anger nationwide
Published : 3 March 2015, 2:01 Pontnouveau Time | Written by Carole Fréjean

Picture: Elise Monfort-Valderbre, in 2013
An EMV a day keeps Michillies away ? Let's hoping that this is false...

PONTNOUVEAU ( FRANCILIE ) In the wake of the Vesperian Independence Referendum, where the Vesperians said no to independence from Arkiasis by a short margin, reactions worldwide were unanimous. Geadland's Foreign Ministry said that "the outcome was fair and the decision was, in our view, a wise one.", while the Nevan PM Tuomas Hyvärinen stated that "Nevanmaa is glad to see that unity prevailed over separatism". Scotia and Michillies also issued statements favorable to unity. The President, Claire Journay, simply said that she "is glad to see that one of our partners, Arkiasis, stays unified", but Elise Monfort-Valderbre came with her reaction...

"I'm jubilating when i see the independence referendums failing around the world, showing separatists that their people don't follow them"

That sentence triggered anger nationwide. Why ?
In Michillies, our Latin fellows, North Cortoguay will vote on their independence soon. At least if the Michillian Government authorizes it. EMV's declarations, in this region, forced the pro-independence North Cortoguayans to be angry towards the Prime Minister. This situation had influenced Christiana to condemn EMV's sentence and summoned the Francesian ambassador to Michillies, Jean-Michel Lissot.

As the Francesians and the Michillians are similar people, with similar language and the same love for Republicanism, they get along very well and the relations between Francilie and Michillies were always warm. But EMV's sentence could break these relations. Break 2 milleniums of history. Break a thousand years of warm relations. Later on election night (that also was the Legislative elections in Francilie), a petition were launched on Internet to force EMV to apology to Michillies and North Cortoguay. It already have 1.500.000 signatures. Claire Journay also called EMV today. She asked EMV to apology as soon as possible. EMV refused that "offer".

Claire Journay herself said public apologies to Michillies and North Cortoguay, hoping that "diplomatic relations will restart soon" and "promise to give a lesson to my Prime Minister". Is EMV risking an eviction from the government ?

Esquarium's favourite French-speaking federal republic gone far-right once

I'm neither a rightist, a centrist nor a leftist; I think all of them have good and bad ideas.

New Sakatia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sakatia » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Protesters storm the Presidential Palace; Salkov nowhere to be found

Liberal Party head Andrei Anosov appointed Acting President by Predstavnik

Protesters demonstrating in Plavagrad

March 2, 2015
Plavagrad, Sakatia - - Protesters gathered outside the Presidential Palace, where former President Salkov was presumed to be held up. The building was guarded by a small group of the Presidential Guards, however they vanished shortly after sunrise. As the crowd outside the palace grew ever larger, Salkov's official twitter began sending tweets threatening airstrikes on the protest sites in Plavagrad.

As the sun rose, the Protesters stormed the palace's gates and made it into the building unopposed. The police and the SGB had vanished, making the capture of the palace relatively easy. When the protesters reached the Presidential office it was deserted. The Predstavnik appointed Acting Minister of Defense Colonel General Dmitri Yaroshev refused to follow Salkov's orders to deploy tanks into Plavagrad. Following the capture of the Presidential palace, the Predstavnik voted to officially impeach Salkov and appointed Andrei Anosov as acting President. They also set Presidential elections for March 20th.

Acting President Andrei Anosov is one of the most popular politicians in Sakatia. He took over the Liberal Party following its failure to win the presidency in 2012. He soon rapidly rose to become the most popular opposition leader in the country and led the Liberal Party to its recent victory in the Predstavnik. He openly challenged former President Salkov on multiple occasions and survived an assassination attempt in 2014.

Salkov removed from power
Predstavnik has 80% approval rating
Military refuses to deploy to Plavagrad and Omsk

Comments (2)
Dmitri, from Plavagrad said:
Salkov we will save you!

Withheld, from Omsk said:
Mr.Salkov you will not be missed.
Refer to me as Sakatia not New Sakatia.
My factbook (Take a look)

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:54 pm

Elections in Txotai approaching
March 2, NMR 2375

KUSEF, TXOTAI - Txotai Head of State Vang Jun's second term is about to end, and the region will hold an election to determine who will succeed the Vang leadership.
Vang Jun, head of state of Txotai, will give way to a new leadership coming
to Txotai by the end of March

The Head of State is the head of the government of the Autonomous Republic of Txotai. According to the regional law, the head of state can serve no more than two consecutive five-year terms, akin to the President-General of Namor. The head of state is elected by a direct popular vote, and can take office after being elected once receiving approval from the Central Council and the President-General in Namo.

Vang Jun took the office of head of state of Txotai in NMR 2365, succeeding his father, Vang Lan, who was the first head of state of Txotai when it became an autonomous republic in NMR 2355. A majority of the region's region voted to become an autonomous republic in a referendum. Father and son created what some called the "Vang dynasty" in Txotai, gaining acclaim from Namo for its dedication in stamping out terrorism, reducing crime and promoting inter-ethnic stability and harmony while overseeing the region's democratic development. But as Vang Jun steps down, and no one in the rest of his family is involved in regional or national politics, it is clear that this "dynasty" is coming to an end.

Speaking to The Txotai Times, Head of State Vang said he has "no hard feelings" about this. "Since Txotai became an autonomous republic - since the end of the rebellion actually - we made excellent strides to make sure everyone's voice is heard, to make sure that the government is free of corruption and transparent from top to bottom. It is everyone's job to keep it that way, and I'm willing to endorse anyone who echoes this sentiment."

Vang said that he is "not above the law," and will allow a new leadership to be elected by the end of this March, as the law states.

Voting in the elections for the regional legislature and head of state will occur on March 27, a day before Liberation Day, Namor's national day. Several people have expressed their bid for the leadership - among them Deputy Head of State Irakliy Lazar (independent), Wei Siang, mayor of Lagania (Democratic Socialist), and Hua Bai, mayor of Kusef (Liberationist).

Across the region, many say they are saddened to see Vang go, but are willing to carry on. "Father and son did a great job governing Txotai," said Jian Chin, a 55 year-old resident of Kusef. "They made this region more stable and prosperous. Now that Vang Jun's going, I think I'm going to miss him. But everyone knows he can't prevail forever in a democratic society. It's always nice to have change in the leadership."

When asked if he thinks the new elected leadership will do a better job in governing Txotai than the Vangs, Nikifor Veljko, 40 from Kovdor says he isn't sure. "We'll see. The people are wise enough to choose a leader they think will work on their behalf."

COMMENTS
Huan Min
Vang should run for a third term. He was doing such a great job, why discontinue? 100 110

Jing Hui
@Huan Min Like him for not, he's going out because he can't serve another term. Just let the rule of law do its thing, it's what made the separatists unpopular, anyway. 122 20

Hong Kun
@Jing Hui Agreed. Separatists keep changing tactics. At one point they scream "Christian theocracy," then they scream "democracy" and suddenly they want to combine the two together. Many of them are in their elderly years, tho, so just let them part company with their sympathizers and let the people of Txotai - not them - decide their own futures. 99 5

Other News
  • Vesperia votes to stay in Arkiasis - The region of Vesperia narrowly voted to stay a part of Arkiasis in the region-wide referendum. The central government said that it will introduce policies that will grant the region more autonomy.
  • Trial of Shudri murderer in Luziyca begins - The trial of Adalrico D'Arpino, who murdered a Shudri person, began. He is being charged with one count of first degree murder.
  • The Constipation gains international fame following lawsuit - How The Pickle's asset became more of a success story after The Constitution tried dismantling it.
  • Sakatia's Salkov removed from power - Domestic media reported that the president is "nowhere to be found."
© Namorese Radio-Television (PTH). All rights reserved.
Last edited by Namor on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Qianrong
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Qianrong » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:40 pm

The National Report
國民報告 - Guómín Bàogào
報誥國家 - Báo cáo Quốc gia
પમ્બંસંગ ઉલટ - Pambansang Ulat

QIANRONG TODAY
Today's top stories about events within and about Qianrong

ASQ terrorists kill 44 civilians in series of violent suicide bombings against three Yucheng Metro stations
MARCH 2, 2015- Yucheng, Qianrong- Fourty-four civilians have died in Yucheng following a series of Alliance for Sovereignty in Qianrong terrorist attacks on the Beinang Square, Yang Hao-Ming, and Ganghui Avenue Yucheng Metro stations. The attack is part of a campaign by the resurgent ASQ to divide Qianrong into Minjian, Tuhao, and Mahusayna, and to exterminate Qianrong's Christians, Otekians, and Shudri.

The first detonation occurred at 11:34 AM at Beinang Square Station, followed quickly by a detonation at Yang Hao-Ming Station and then one at Ganghui Avenue Station. Fortunately, the attacks did not occur during a rush hour period; however, 44 civilians have still been murdered by the ASQ.

ASQ Supreme Leader Ngo Huu Tra released a brief video following the attack in which he swore that the attacks on the Yucheng Metro "are only the beginning of our quest to destroy the oppressive forces who have put this archipelago in an unnatural state."

The Yucheng Metro has been shut down for the time being, and security cameras are being reviewed to try and identify the suicide bombers. The Yucheng City Transit Authority has also said that they will also be looking at increasing the security measures taken by the YCTA and by the Yucheng Metro in the wake of the attack. The Yucheng Municipal Government has also sworn venegance against the ASQ.

Myhrodniv Klitishko dismisses Oteki elections as sham, says that locals should not assist Namorese occupation
MARCH 2, 2015- Shanliang, Qianrong- Myhrodniv Klitishko, the new leader of the Otekian Qianrongese Association, has dismissed upcoming elections in the Namorese-occupied Oteki region as "occupationist shams," urging ethnic Otekians to boycott the elections in protest. He also expressed fears that the elections- not only their results, but also demographic statistics- might be falsified by the Namorese government to produce a favorable result and image.

"As the occupation regime- a ruling regime filled with political dynasties, corruption, racism, injustice, and general illegitimacy- prepares to hold these so-called elections," Klitishko said, "it is our hope that the Otekian people will reject the shams of the occupation and the collaborators." He also said that he fully expected Namor to claim that many Otekians had voted for pro-Namo candidates in the elections. "It is incredibly easy to falsify statistics and try to silence those who say otherwise," he warned. "I fully expect that the Txotai AR and Namor will do everything they can to fabricate a propaganda victory."

The Oteki region has been ruled by Namorese regimes since the 1950s, when the Namorese Liberation Army invaded the sovereign region and subjected it to a brutal occupation that has seen Kannei moved into the region and Otekian culture eroded and discriminated against. Namor says that it does not repress Otekians, though many groups have cast doubt on this claim. They also cite the fact that many nations view their rule over Oteki as legitimate, an example of the bandwagon fallacy. Qianrong is home to nearly a quarter of the world's Otekian population, half of which fled Oteki following Namor's invasion and conquest.

Le, Vlasinov say that ties with New Zepuha are a priority and ties with Namor an improbability
MARCH 2, 2015- Yucheng, Qianrong- Prime Minister Le Gia Dinh and Secretary of Foreign Affairs Siemyscza Vlasinov have said that the main foreign policy concern of the government is to establish closer ties between Qianrong and New Zepuha in the wake of the murder of three Zepuhans and three Qianrongese by the ASQ in February.

"Following the horrifying murders of these six people," Prime Minister Le told the press, "our need for a close relationship with New Zepuha is more obvious than ever. The ASQ has declared war on both of us, and both of us must work together to defeat the menace of terrorism." Later, Foreign Secretary Vlasinov said that even those who viewed the relationship as unsavory had to concede that it was necessary. "I know that New Zepuha's relationship with the FDRQ makes many Qianrongese uncomfortable," she said, "but what can we do? At this point, they have just as much reason to fight the ASQ as us." She emphasized that Zepuhan aid might very well play a critical role in the outcome of the Second Domestic Terror War.

The Republican Unity Party, which Le and Vlasinov belong to, also supports a diplomatic reset with Luziyca, though they have downplayed this. The only other party to support a reset with Luziyca is the People's Progressive Party, which advocates a total diplomatic reset. The Front for Change and Liberty, Democratic Labor Party, Qianrongese Patriotic Front, and Alliance for the Restoration all oppose closer ties to Luziyca, meaning that closer ties to Luziyca are presently very unlikely.

Le and Vlasinov also described the possibility of closer ties with Namor as "a total improbability" for a variety of reasons. Most obvious is the fact that, under Namor's politically repressive Anti-Secession Law, Siemyscza Vlasinov is a political criminal. "As Qianrong leaves its National Unity Act behind, we have to make sure we avoid the nation whose laws inspired the National Unity Act." However, Le also cited decades of animosity and centuries of Namorese imperialism as items that had created an "unbridgeable gap between Qianrong and Namor."

National Self-Defense Forces leader admits that Operation All In was fabricated by the Free Democratic Republic
MARCH 2, 2015- Danh Dap, Qianrong- Supreme Commandant Guan Xin-Ren has told the press that Acting Chancellor Hsieh Jiang-De, Acting Defense and Intelligence Minister Guo-Tse Zu, and former National Security Forces leaders Zhong Zhe-Ling and Ng Nguoi Thua fabricated the existence of "Operation All In", alleged to be a Namorese-Aininian conspiracy to find the Alliance for Sovereignty in Qianrong.

"There was an Operation All In," Guan explained, "but it was actually the Qianrongese program to try and convince the world that Namor and Ainin were funding the ASQ. The allegations regarding Namor and Ainin are false, as is the evidence that was used to prove the allegations... Hsieh, Guo, Zhong, and Ng sought to bind Qianrong's domestic terrorists with its foreign enemies to try and unify the Qianrongese people against both threats, and for a time they succeeded."

The individuals who Guan said played the biggest role in fabricating All In were all prominent officials in the Free Democratic Republic. Hsieh Jiang-De died in a coup when forces led by Guo Tse-Zu hit Chancellery Helicopter One with a surface-to-air missile; Guo Tse-Zu, Zhong Zhe-Ling, and Ng Nguoi Thua were all arrested by the National Transitional Council at the end of the Winter Rebellion.

The Qianrongese government has not reiterated All In's allegations since December, and appears to endorse Guan's move towards a more truthful military. Many in Qianrong, however, appear to have been convinced about All In; a poll conducted shortly after the revelation saw 67% of respondents say that Operation All In was real and that Namor and Ainin did fund the ASQ. The Namorese and Aininian governments, which viciously denied the allegations, have not responded to the confession.

Congress passes bill affirming Qianrong's right to defensive nuclear arsenal; Senate response uncertain
MARCH 2, 2015- Yucheng, Qianrong- The Congress has passed a bill enshrining the right of the Qianrongese government to maintain a defensive nuclear arsenal to ward off potentially threatening foreign powers in a 176-89-25 vote. Most supporters of the bill belonged to the Republican Unity Party, Qianrongese Patrotic Front, and Alliance for the Restoration. The strongest opposition came from the People's Progressive Party and Front for Change and Liberty; while many members of the Democratic Labor Party voted against the bill, a large number of them abstained.

The bill maintained that Qianrong has a right to develop and maintain primarily nuclear but also chemical and biological weapons arsenals in the face of "hostile foreign powers bearing ill intent towards the Qianrongese people." Though no nations are named explicitly in the bill- formally titled the Defensive National Security Affirmation Act, or DENSAA- several can be presumed: Namor, whose relationship with Qianrong has alternated between abusive and hostile; Ainin, a longtime ally of Namor; Luziyca, who dishonored their longstanding alliance with Qianrong last year; and the Nevan Realm, which Qianrong has no recognized since the rise of the Nevan Republican government. At least three of these four nations- Ainin, Luziyca, and Namor- have actively demanded the dismantling of the Qianrongese nuclear arsenal.

Though DENSAA easily passed Congress, it's future is uncertain as it heads into the Senate. The UDCQ, which holds a majority against the AQNS, has stated in the past that it views the Qianrongese nuclear arsenal as a risk to stability and a waste of money, saying it makes Qianrong into a target and could become a focus for ASQ attacks. However, the UDCQ's leadership might be unable to prevent members concerned about foreign interference from voting in favor of the bill, meaning DENSAA might manage to successfully pass the Senate and become national law.

News from Across Esquarium
LUZIYCA- Schiavo Padyatri murder trial begins in Lombardia
MICHILLIES- North Cortoguay to hold referendum, Michillies throws fit
OTEKI- Geadish survey finds that plurality want free Oteki
SAKATIA- Predstavnik names Anosov president after Salkov goes AWOL
QIANRONG- News satire site Trang Vai gaining popularity
Last edited by Qianrong on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly Ruridova - Come join Kylaris!
---"Don't kill, and don't be killed, alright? That's the best you can strive for."---

Lyannesia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyannesia » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:04 am

Costa Sud threatens secession after huge fight in the Royal Council

TERUESCA, LYANNESIA - Eleonore d' Kaarenmaa-Hennala-Selskari, Petty Queen of the Kingdom of Costa Sud, has announced her intention to withdraw from the Lyannesian Confederation, following a fight with the other monarchs and the Chancellor during a session of the Royal Council. Costa Sud is the only Lyannesian state left where the monarch rules in an absolute fashion, ruling only through a Privy Council. Despite universal suffrage for the whole of the Confederation, the people of Costa Sud do not get to vote over their regional government, which has caused great frustration to the Liberal and Socialist coalition of Chancellor Peralta. Despite the constitution allowing states to choose their form of government, the Chancellor has threatened sanctions against Costa Sud should Queen Eleonore not give a constitution to her subjects.

Opinion in Costa Sud itself is mixed. Recent polls have shown that the population is nearly equally divided on the issue, with a slight majority stating that they have no problem with the absolutist monarchy, given that the standars of life and civil rights are very much protected in the state. Outside of the state however, huge protests have erupted especially in Teruesca, where over 50,000 people rallied to support Chancellor Peralta in her struggle to bring Costa Sud in line with democratic change.

Furthermore, the threat of secession made by Queen Eleonor has caused an uproar in the Cortz d Lynese, with the Liberal-Socialist coalition proposing a ban on secession from the Confederation. This however would anger the other monarchies within the Confederation, who hold the right to secede from the Confederation sacred. Although no state has ever done so ever since the formation of Lyannesia as a nation in 1337, Costa Sud might be the first to do so. On top of that, with House Kaarenmaa-Hennala-Selskari being a cadet branch of the current Nevan royal family, an independent Costa Sud would recieve support from Juhani III and the Nevan government.

Meanwhile, the rulers of four of the eight Lyannesian states have composed a letter to Chancellor Peralta and Queen Eleonore, calling for a compromise to be made. Costa Sud will according to their prosopal, have a constitutional refferendum while Chancellor Peralta will withdraw the anti-secession law draft from Parliament as well as her pressure towards Queen Eleonore.

We will update you on the situation as it continues to evolve.
Last edited by Lyannesia on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

West Cedarbrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby West Cedarbrook » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Change in the Wind for North Cortoguay? What Are the Prospects?

Opinion: Dr. Yancey Pinneau, Professor of International Relations, Sabin University
The recently passed bill in the North Cortoguayan Cortes calling for a referendum on the status of North Cortoguay, remaining in Michillies, or opting for independence, or joining the Cortoguayan Federation remains, as it should, a matter for Michillian constitutional law. Michillian Justice Secretary Adelaida Echevarría inidicated that unilateral action by Santiago is illegal and unconstitutional. At this time the matter is being deliberated in Christiana and in Santiago, and it is proper and fitting for External Affairs to avoid any discussion of the matter at this time. I am glad to see that President Feld and Secretary Kansky have taken that course.

But Cedarbrookese observers in government and business do have questions regarding what any change in the status of North Cortoguay would bring to the Kramden. At this time polls in that region indicate a majority wishing to remain with Michillies. A union with East Cortoguay would be awkward for the territory, separated physically by a hostile West Cortoguay. This analysis will focus on impacts that an independent North Cortoguay would have on the balance of power in South Conitia.

In terms of regional security, detachment of North Cortoguay from the Michillian Republic could provide an opportunity for West Cortoguayan designs on the territory. An independent North Cortoguay, with a fraction of the population of Michillies would comprise almost all of the current Michillian frontier with it's Triumvirate oriented neighbor. Both Michillian and potential North Cortoguayan forces would be reduced by independence, leaving that frontier more vulnerable to probes by the West Cortoguayan military. An independent North Cortoguay could negotiate entry into the Southeast Oriental Entente, but if passions rose to the point of independence, would such a state request membership? And what would be the reaction in Christiana? All of this is speculation, but sober analysis would have to conclude that separation from The Michillies Republic would provide an opportunity for wider West Cortoguayan aggression.

In the business realm, West Cedarbrook has a more direct interest in the outcome of this issue. In normal cases, transfer of rights, obligations, and property can include overseas assets (embassies, monetary reserves, museum artifacts), participation in treaties, membership in international organizations, and debts. Often a state chooses piecemeal whether or not it wants to be considered the successor state. A special case arises, however, when the predecessor state was signatory to a human rights treaty, since it would be desirable to hold the successor state accountable to the terms of that treaty, regardless of the successor state's desires. At this point, it is too early in the game to even identify who would negotiate for a putatitve North Cortoguayan state. One presumes that Deputy Governor Ángèlino Marti has given some thought to this, but nobody in Wrycova has heard of his views. One could expect that a North Cortoguayan currency would not have the strength of the Florin, putting our exports at a disadvantage. Banks would presumably need rechartering at some point after independence, leading to greater instability in financial dealings with Santiago. Overall, these are negatives as compared to remaining in Michillies. These concerns have been voiced by representatives of Wolf Steel Corp. and General Electric Cedarbrook, among others.

Landing rights at Santiago International Airport for ArcAir, and other Cedarbrookese carriers may need renegotiation. Rail and road maintenance changes throughout North Cortoguay may also increase the cost of doing business there in an independent state. The status of Airo Michillias may also be in contention, as well as it's assets in the territory. And docking contracts at the port of Santiago, as well as maritime agreements may have to undergo discussion.

Overall, I have faith that Premier Joncarlo Cristoforos will continue to guide Michillies wisely, and that includes North Cortoguay. The Michillian legal system is robust and sound, and there is every reason to believe that our northern neighbor will weather this controversy well. So it is my conclusion that an overall solution will be reached, within the legal framework of the Michillian Republic, for the benefit of all it's citizens.

Dr. Pinneau holds the David Howard Endowed Seat at Sabin University. He has served in the Department of External Affairs as Assistant Secretary for Southern Conitia under Dr. Theodore Warshawsky in the Markowitz Administration.
OOC:
Pro America, Pro Israel, Pro India (BJP)
Pro Bush!

The Ocelot Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ocelot Isles » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:49 pm

OOC: I'm watching you, Fratanica, and your extraregional reports. :geek:
OOC 2: Details of the political parties are retroactively modified so as to be more realistic.

Ocelot Isles to Vote on New Governor-President in Two-Day Period
Preparing for the upcoming elections

Two days passed since the first anniversary of Pavonistadian recognition was widely celebrated. Now as Ocelotians look to the future, they now have another issue to vote on. They will vote to select a new Governor-President.

The need to vote for a new Governor-President comes after January coup, when disgraced Governor-President Julien von Osestadtie was slain by the armed police under the fanatic command of Alexei Spalin and Frederick Vive. James Adelaide, who served in the same position as and before Von Osestadtie, was installed as interim Governor-President. It is now that hopes of a formal Governor-President and a true Ocelotian Administration (rather than interim counterparts) are becoming realized.

Starting from midnight March 5, the polls will be open. Compulsory voting is enforced again and penalties for failure to vote will make a return. Polls will close at midnight March 7 and the results will be disclosed on March 8. A government reshuffle will occur and last for at least one month to reflect election results. No matter what the election results are, a new Governor-President will be tasked with great responsibilities. Aside from overseeing the repair of the infrastructure, he or she will need to accomodate Sinhako, redevelop the economy, address an expected recession, ensure national stability, and enforce the country's place in the international stage.

"It is very exciting that we will choose the new government of our country," said a first-year college student that reached age 18 yesterday. "[...] but it is also sad that we will see James Adelaide go again." A senior who survived the coup and the Third Ocelotian-Pavonistadian War hoped that "stability in our country will return." When asked about the upcoming Governor-presidency elections, Adelaide briefly stated, "I did what I need to do." Unfortunately, under current laws regarding interim office holders, Adelaide is not eligible to run in the election.

The three dominant political parties in the country are: the Frontier Party, which advocates civil religion and is associated with Adelaide; the Matteryorkist Party, adhering to the political belief of Matteryorkism; and Coalition Tomorrow, which is bent on social conservatism.
Demonym: Ocelotian
Independent from PAVONISTADE

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:49 pm

The trial continues on
Firenze Courthouse

FIRENZE, LOMBARDIA - Today, the trial of Adalrico D'Arpino was resumed at noon today. It was focusing more on direct examination, with lawyers asking the witnesses questions to ensure that they give sufficient evidence to their case in regards to this alleged murder.

The witnesses were asked questions, none of them leading questions, asking for information regarding the events that have occurred at the scene, and each of them complied. They gave answers that helped satisfy the claim of each side, with each witness going one by one.

Following the conclusion of the direct examination, cross-examination commenced, with the witnesses of the prosecution questioning the witnesses chosen by the defense. Both Secondo Del Pozzo and Samanta Giuntoli responded to those questions, answering to help bolster Adalrico's case, both related to the testimony and the issues not raised by it. Following this, the witnesses of the defense questioned that of the prosecution, and the witnesses have responded to the questions raised, mainly related to the testimony.

At around 2:30 pm, the witnesses were re-examined. They were asked to explain the testimony brought out by the opponent during cross-examination, and once again, the witnesses have explained things quite clearly. Secondo Del Pozza and Tarsilla Ianni gave theirs quite clearly. Bunnu Padyatri seemed to have tried hard to clarify.

The prosecution then began to try to prove that the defendant is beyond-doubt guilty, by providing the evidence that the prosecutors presented, as well as circumstantial evidence: such as the fingerprint on the gun, and the vehicle, combined with the witness testimony. A lawyer for the prosecution said that "All of these things are quite frankly, a smoking gun. He has left fingerprints on the gun, he has left his car at the scene, the recording of the collision and subsequent murder of Schiavo Padyatri, clearly indicate that he is guilty. The testimony is only the final nail in that coffin, not just for the murder, but for the racism that us Lombardians have done to the Shudri."

Adalrico D'Arpino then countered it, stating that "it was done in self-defense," providing his evidence and testimonies by the witnesses, saying that "the statistics, the testimonies, and the footage shows that what I have done was good for the community."

At 5 pm, the trial was adjourned, and Adalrico D'Arpino said on the steps, "I am very sure that we will win!" This met the roaring approval of the crowd, but some jeering from the protesters, who feel that the trial was unfair, notably due to the fact the jury is all Lombardian.

In other news
  • Oteki - Elections to be held by the end of the month as Vang Jun retires: will it be free and fair?
  • Lyannesia - Costa Sud threatens to declare independence
  • Qianrong - 44 civilians killed in Yucheng followed by terrorist attacks on subway system
  • Sakatia - Andrei Anosov to be named acting President

Namor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:33 pm

PTH's new reality show: "Omnipresence" to begin
March 4, NMR 2375

NAMO, CAPITAL DISTRICT - On March 8, PTH's new reality show, "Omnipresence," will begin showing.
Omnipresence, PTH's new reality show, will begin showing on Sunday

The show involves a group of Namorese traveling different countries and experiencing life in these countries. PTH went across Namor to search for people who are willing to take part in this season of the show, and offered to pay for travel expenses (although travelers will still need to pay for miscellaneous needs themselves). In the end, after a thorough process, four people who agreed to take part were selected to be featured in the first episodes of "Omnipresence."

Participants must have some basic knowledge about the countries they're traveling to; in addition, they are required to know basic or intermediate-level English so to reduce the chances of encountering language barriers when overseas.

The participants will visit a handful of countries across the region, ranging from Riro in the west to Pavonistade in the east. But viewers will also get to experience what's it like to visit places that are unexplored either because of their isolation or authoritarianism - places such as Gnasri, New Zepuha and the diplomatically-ostracized Arnborg. A full list of countries can be viewed here*.

"It is one of the costliest shows [PTH] is undertaking," said Ranjan Shizeng, PTH's director of programming and producer of Omnipresence. "And there probably won't be a show of this kind anywhere again." Ranjan said he was partially inspired by "She's Comin' Around Esquarium", a show originating from Luziyca's Oresund, but "What we're trying to do [with Omnipresence] is take this to a whole new level."

"Omnipresence" can be viewed on PTH Yishu starting this Saturday, at 19:00 Namo Time. More details about the show can be viewed on the PTH website.

*list may change anytime

COMMENTS
Chiu Huan
They're visiting New Zepuha? How does PTH make sure whoever's going there gets out alive? Surely some life insurance papers were exchanged? 202 80

Su Wu
@Chiu Huan Agreed. I heard there's a law in Zepland that bans yellow-skinned people. 30 4

Jing Mu
People, there's a reason why someone's going to places like Arnborg or New Zepuha, because they're somehow going to make it out of the country alive and well. Stop worrying. 44 38

Other News
  • Ocelotian governor-president election soon - Ocelotians will vote once again, this time on who will lead their country.
  • Separatist chieftain threatens Txotai people to not take part in March 27 elections - OGIE "president" Valeriy Anisim went on Twitter, threatening people not to take part in the upcoming Txotai elections, saying "[t]hey'll regret it if they don't." In response, the Namorese government said it will cooperate with the Txotai regional govt to make sure the elections are not interrupted by separatist intimidation.
  • Trial of Shudri killer continues - The murderer of a Shudri person said that he killed in "self-defense."
Last edited by Namor on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vozergovnia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vozergovnia » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:18 am

5 March 2015
Coalition Collapses; Monarchists Call for Restoration

Belgrev, Vozergovnia - Premier Ivana Prelog's coalition has collapsed and she has submitted her resignation to the State President, Daario Hervat who is expected to ask the Monarchist Rally's leader, Aleksandar Soltar, to form a new government. This comes after the Monarchist Rally (the minor partner in the coalition) refused to vote in favour of a highly-unpopular bill which would consider monarchism an ideology ''contrary to the nation's interests and a possible culprit behind future instability''. While Prelog, a monarchist, has declared her opposition to the bill fervent republicans within her party continued to endorse and later vote for the bill which ultimately failed to make its way to the State President's desk.

The Monarchist Rally released a statement shortly thereafter in which they promised to ''restore the monarchy in some form''. They have also promised to eliminate the word ''republic'' from all State documents if they manage to form a government and have vowed to replace it with ''Commonwealth'' or ''Free State''.

We think those MPs who voted in favour of this bill have lost their minds. The former King's son (who was born in exile) is adored by all Vozergovnian young and old alike. This nation calls itself a ''democratic republic'' but the people solely wish to retain the former; we are a nation of suppressed monarchists who have endured the bastardisation of our nation for far too long. This magazine, The Statesman, has observed the political situation in this country since 1884. In all these years we have never declared our support for the monarchy but now we do. May God Save The King!
Free State of Vozergovnia
IIwiki | Map
Proud citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Proud citizen of Malta
I was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina but my family gained asylum in Malta during the Bosnian War. Since the war's end I've lived in BiH, Malta and the UK. I speak English, Maltese, French, Italian and Serbo-Croatian. Yes, I actually do prefer to call it that although artificially inflating my language count isn't a bad idea... Oh and I'm studying Spanish.
Pro: Liberal democracy, Ordoliberalism, Rhine capitalism, Civic nationalism
Anti: Marxism, Fascism, Ethnic nationalism, Anarchism

Restore the Maltese Monarchy!
Reform Party: A Way To Move Forward. Join Today

East Carrolina
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby East Carrolina » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Conch Islands over; "No" campaign wins.
Lamorada, Carolina. Today, the close election that has rocked the Conch Islands is now over. According to the results, the No campaign has won, and the Conch Islands will remain part of the nation of Carolina. The election was very close with, the Yes campaign getting 57% voting No, and 43% voting Yes. The only cities were the Yes campaign won, were Key West and the surrounding towns/villages of West Bay, and Groveport, were the Yes campaign won by only 52-60% of the vote. However some Yes supporters are saying the No campaign won do to voter intimidation and election fraud. They sight that some in the Carolinian militray threatened military action if the Yes campaign won, although they did recieve condemnation from the main government. The Yes campaign also alleges voter fraud, although a Yes campaign supporter was caught trying to rig the votes in the city of Tavernier. This whining is most likely to be just Yes supports throwing a fit when they don't get their way, like spoiled children. Anyway, it appears the Conch Islands will stay part of Carolina. Kelsey Abner, Lamorada, CNN News.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:53 pm

D'Arpino found innocent!
Firenze Courthouse

FIRENZE, LOMBARDIA - After the debate yesterday, at 10 am, local time, the closing statements were read, first by the prosecutors, followed by the defense: reiterating their arguments presented in the trial, before the jury was sent for the deliberation.

The judge explained to the jury, "Negli ultimi giorni, si è di fronte una decisione difficile. Così, noi si carica di ritirarsi in camera di consiglio per decidere il verdetto." (For the past few days, you have faced a difficult decision. Thus, we charge you to retire to the jury room to decide upon a verdict.) With these simple words, the twelve members of the jury headed to the jury room, as well as the balliff.

In the room, they elected a foreman, and after twenty minutes, the jurors returned.

Foreman Liviana Aresco presented the verdict to the baliff, and the verdict was read as follows: "Noi, la giuria, hanno deciso che l'imputato si trova 'non colpevole', con l'accusa di omicidio di primo grado, e di ritenere lui 'colpevole' sul funzionamento pericoloso di una carica del veicolo." (We, the jury, have decided that the defendant be found "not guilty" on the first-degree murder charge, and to deem him "guilty" on the dangerous operation of a vehicle charge.)

The prosecution then requested that the jury be polled, and it was revealed that all of the jurors agreed with the verdict. Thus, the jurors were dismissed, and the judge entered the judgement: agreeing with it. The judge then informed Adalrico D'Arpino that he must pay a fine of ₤1,500 ($3,000) for dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. It was paid on the spot.

Following the trial, Bunnu Padyatri said, "If the Lombardians refuse to convict this man for murder, I will make sure that we make him bankrupt!" This was supported by many who opposed the verdict, including the Chief Executive of Lombardia, who said "Questo processo è un aborto spontaneo della giustizia." (That trial was a miscarriage of justice.) on Twitter.

Outside the courthouse, there was jubilant celebration as Adalrico D'Arpino was found not guilty. Adalrico said, proudly to those gathered outside of the courthouse, "Questa prova è finita! Sono abbastanza grato a Dio e la mia famiglia, per avermi aiutato a ottenere attraverso questo, e mi fa piacere che i giurati sapevano che si trattava di autodifesa contro un ladro." (This ordeal is over! I am quite thankful to God and my family, for helping me get through this, and I am glad that the jurors knew that it was self-defense against a thief.) The mayor also praised him for defending himself against criminal elements.

In other news
  • Carolina - Conch Islands referendum fails
  • Vozergovina - Monarchists demand that it become a monarchy again
  • Namor - Omniprescence to air soon: LRT4 to air it live
  • Opinion - The verdict presented by the case is a stain on Luziyca's reputation abroad

The Ocelot Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ocelot Isles » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:59 pm

May the Governor-Presidency Elections Begin: The Three Parties
Voting for the new Governor-President

Ocelotian eligibles line up patiently behind polling places around the country. Today marks the start of the election for a new Governor-President, one that will succeed the executed Julien von Osestadtie and the interim James Adelaide. As usual with previous elections and referenda, the polling places (all of which open in midnight) are attempting to keep up with an overwhelming population of voters who seek to determine the future of our country.

"Let this election be a large step away from the tyranny that Alexei Spalin tried to shove us into," Adelaide called to voters in Kongeuvia. "Let this be the turning point of our history, a point where a new capable leader is selected and where the Ocelot Isles will be prosperous again." President Yksteldehs Oppenheim also commented on the elections, saying, "This is a fruitful time for the people of the Ocelot Isles to choose who will guide them in the turbulence that will be faced."

This article is to list the three parties of the Ocelot Isles, their candidates, and their stances on various issues. The creation of such an article is mandated by the board of executives of the Ocelotian Gazette and recommended by the Ocelotian Administration, so that as much people heading to the polls as possible are properly informed.

Polls will close on midnight March 7 and results are released on March 8.

Running Political Parties

Governor-President: Howard Miton
Vice Governor-President: Jacque Robbens
Economy: focus on primary and tertiary sectors, maintain regulations on environment-damaging sectors, allow increased private sector activities, combat external debt
Infrastructure: reduce contracting with private organizations and have governments take more control of infrastructural repairs/development
Sinhako: promote investments and economic development in Sinhako, increase protection of autonomous region
Security: boost law enforcement spending, improve training of personnel, introduce martial arts detain all personnel suspected of involvement in January coup
Ongoing brain drain: tighten immigration process for those suspected of "being part of brain drain", levy emigration fees for a selection of people
Relations with Pavonistade: decrease dependency on Pavonistade, attempt improvement of diplomatic relations
Same-sex marriage recognition: Against
Abortion: For in cases of rape or life endangerment and before second trimester, Against during and after second trimester
Euthanasia: For in cases of terminal and unbearable illness, Against otherwise
Capital punishment: For
Prostitution legalization: Against
Civil religion: For
Relaxed immigration: Against
Gun control: For
Governor-President: Yanik Ob'bsatsla
Vice Governor-President: Jane Iatouqua
Economy: focus on tertiary and quaternary sectors, develop information and tourism industries, promote free trade, combat external debt
Infrastructure: incentivize foreign corporations to assist in rebuilding infrastructure, continue existing contracts
Sinhako: increase protection of autonomous region, pass new laws to combat anti-Shudri discrimination
Security: increase funding for security, legalize private policing for private properties and for public places that consent
Ongoing brain drain: boost creation of jobs and opportunities so as to inspire return for skilled expats
Relations with Pavonistade: encourage development of relations and cooperation with Pavonistade
Same-sex marriage recognition: For
Abortion: For in cases of rape or life endangerment, Against otherwise
Euthanasia: For
Capital punishment: Against
Prostitution legalization: For
Civil religion: Against
Relaxed immigration: For
Governor-President: Sofie Avolea
Vice Governor-President: James Henin
Economy: increase economic intervention, subsidize small businesses and farms, antagonize free trade and encourage protectionism, combat external debt
Infrastructure: maintain existing contracts but prevent new contracts from taking place
Sinhako: nullify the Sinhako autonomous region, deport any Shudri suspected to be "rogue" or "criminal"
Security: increase funding for security, detain and/or execute all personnel suspected of involvement in January coup, increase powers of law enforcement
Ongoing brain drain: severely limit or ban emigration for those considered to be adequately skilled or educated
Relations with Pavonistade: decrease dependency of Pavonistade, limit bilateral trade, further regulate presence of Pavonistadian corporations
Same-sex marriage recognition: Against
Abortion: Against in all cases
Euthanasia: Against in all cases
Capital punishment: For
Prostitution legalization: Against
Civil religion: For
Relaxed immigration: Against
Last edited by The Ocelot Isles on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Demonym: Ocelotian
Independent from PAVONISTADE

Victoriala
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Lion's Call | Mar 7 2014

Postby Victoriala » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:54 pm

24th Harmony 105:2
Year of the Sheep
Gone, gone, gone beyond,
gone utterly beyond,
Enlightenment hail!

First Foreign-blooded Bodhisattva Elected!
Event said to be an auspicious hour, says Great Abbot

After a long month of conclave, debates and of searches, the new Bodhisattva Vairocana of the Five Buddha Monastery has been elected among 12 recognized candidates. The new Bodhisattva Vairocana was recognized by the Council of Abbots as the foreign-blooded Marie Ponds, an ethnic Luziycan born in Mingwok and has taken the Shingon name Chanrung Le, meaning Meditative Distances in the classical tongue. She was enthroned to the Throne of Mercy this 23rd of Harmony (Gregorian:March 6), yesterday.

The former Bodhisattva Vairocana, Her Past Holiness Yungba Mai has expressed deep respect to the newly elected Bodhisattva Vairocana and has paid tribute to Her Holiness Chanrung Le in Prayer and in monetary worth, donating in estimates a staggering amount of 250 Hankwo (est. $530,000) to the current Shingon administration, stating that the tribute means as a "preparation for the new era of enlightenment". His Great Highness has also expressed his congratulations through a Shingon-wide celebration across Mingwok. The Great Abbot of the Five Buddhas Palace The Venerable Jingwu Henwuko has commented that her election is a "very auspicious time, making a bridge of humanity from Mingwok to the outermost world".

Her Holiness Chanrung Le was born in the Yunshe Freeport in 6 Purity 76:19 as Marie Ponds (Temple Name Wu Bai) by Luziycan Convert-Immigrants Ambrose Ponds and Yervana Ponds. during her childhood she was described as "very observant of Minyu custom for a foreigner" and a "very pious person [in Buddhist terms]", earning her merit in her local community. She graduated in the Royal Academy under the path of Theology, where she was observed by the Monks and Professors as "very dedicated to her efforts in the study of enlightenment". Her subsequent recognition as a candidate for the Bodhisattva Kwanyun led her to enter the Five Buddhas Monastery as a Yana Bhikku in 1999 until her recent ascendancy to the Throne of Silence.Her Holiness has also vowed that she will give the people of Mingwok "Peace, Spiritual Prosperity and Guidance" regardless of faith and ethnicity.

The Vairocana Bodhisattva is the recognized earthly incarnation of the Vairocana Buddha, known among Minyu Shingon tradition as one of the Five Wisdom Buddhas, representing silence and emptiness. Her Holiness is one of Zen Bodhisattvas, a council of five with the spiritual obligation as the guide for all Vajrayana Buddhist realms across Esquarium, recognizing the authority of other Vajrayana leaders.••

OTHER NEWS
National | His Great Highness reaches out to the Taiganese Empire - His Great Highness Wishes for good relations and shared prosperity as brother nations, also plans to reach with The Most Serene Empire and Karanawa
National | Winter Chancellors to introduce new railroad plans for Twogai - New railroad plans shall connect Twogai to the whole of Mingwok, Chancellor Koga says
Culture | Youth Magazine returns after two-month hiatus - Editors say "they had a month long vacation"
International | Luziycan nsuspect charged for murder of Shudri victim found innocent - Outrage by international entities on grounds of systemic racism in Luziycan constituency
International | Luziycan newspaper sues Namorese Satire - "The Constitution" sues Namorese Bukai Shimbun imprint The Constipation for Copyright Infringement

Last edited by Victoriala on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE COMMONWEALTH OF VICTORIALA
Fuck discourse, Memes are the way forward (its inevitable and you know it)
FACTBOOK | LA SOCIÉTÉ | NATIONS | ILLUMINATOR | +
Fucking little island person. 陰 and 陽 but mostly 陰. I draw and do designs.
My NS activity is 90% shitposts. Singy and I fuck each other occasionally.
Equity is True Equality. Pro-Aufklärung, Anti-Gegenaufklärung. [economic: -4.0 social: -4.21]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information