NATION

PASSWORD

Should Drugs Be Legal?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should Nordengrund Repeal Its Drug Laws?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Yes
46%
No
46%
Undecided
4%
Other (please state)
4%

Total votes : 84

Abatael
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Nordengrund wrote:
Uirokeilendh wrote:I. Virtually all 'recreational' drugs have a medical purpose.
Heroine for example, is essentially just another form of morphine. In-fact, it's safe when uncontaminated. The problem with it is it's addictive, and thus not inappropriate for medical use.
II. Alcohol & nicotine are used a recreational drugs, and those a legal in your nation.
III. You don't think people can use medicinal drugs for recreational purposes?

OCC: I have a reputation for being a hypocrite. Personally I have no problem with alcohol, smoking products or tobacco, because I do not think they are anywhere near as bad as the hard drugs. I also grew up around them.

IC: I, the chancellor of Nordengrund, do not rule a hivemind. Speaking in second person is a bad habit of mine because I like to represent all Nordengrundians in the issues.

OoC: You aren't hypocritical. You simply have exceptions to certain things; that's not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy would be you telling people not to use drugs, and then you using them.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
ROMVLVS·AVRELIVS·SECVNDVS.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Abatael wrote:Both Venolia, and Nordengrund are Godly.

I stand corrected, then. We still suggest Nordengrund to legalise most of the drugs, and put all who commits crime under drug influence and failed to recover their sanity after a while in mental institution. We think it weeds out the more corrupting factors of the society regardless of religions.

We are considering of legalizing all drugs, but hanging drug users that cause problems in society.
1 John 1:9

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Nordengrund wrote:
Tuthina wrote:I stand corrected, then. We still suggest Nordengrund to legalise most of the drugs, and put all who commits crime under drug influence and failed to recover their sanity after a while in mental institution. We think it weeds out the more corrupting factors of the society regardless of religions.

We are considering of legalizing all drugs, but hanging drug users that cause problems in society.

We prefer summary execution by firearms or burning, but as long as it is lethal enough, we think it is a suitable alternative.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Uirokeilendh
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Uirokeilendh » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Nordengrund wrote:
Uirokeilendh wrote:I. Virtually all 'recreational' drugs have a medical purpose.
Heroine for example, is essentially just another form of morphine. In-fact, it's safe when uncontaminated. The problem with it is it's addictive, and thus not inappropriate for medical use.
II. Alcohol & nicotine are used a recreational drugs, and those a legal in your nation.
III. You don't think people can use medicinal drugs for recreational purposes?

OCC: I have a reputation for being a hypocrite. Personally I have no problem with alcohol, smoking products or tobacco, because I do not think they are anywhere near as bad as the hard drugs. I also grew up around them.

IC: I, the chancellor of Nordengrund, do not rule a hivemind. Speaking in second person is a bad habit of mine because I like to represent all Nordengrundians in the issues.

OOC: There is no such thing as hard & soft drugs.

IC: You should maybe work on that. The Uirokeilendhic National Governmental Corporation can provide you with some marvellous pharmaceuticals to relax you, if stress is the problem.
This account is owned by: Conscentia/Hersilia and Ellada

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:

We prefer summary execution by firearms or burning, but as long as it is lethal enough, we think it is a suitable alternative.

We abolished execution by firing squad because we think it is a waste of bullets. We usually execute people by hanging or the electric chair these days.
1 John 1:9

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:30 pm

No. Hard core and soft core narcotics and drugs should stay abolished.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:30 pm

Uirokeilendh wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:

IC: You should maybe work on that. The Uirokeilendhic National Governmental Corporation can provide you with some marvellous pharmaceuticals to relax you, if stress is the problem.

OoC: Do you usually speak in fields, in which you have little to no experience? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_and_soft_drugs

Nordengrund, seriously, disregard everything this guy says.
Last edited by Abatael on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Prohibition doesn't work. It doesn't reduce consumption. It causes collateral health issues due to inferior product, it creates an anti-government subculture and it enriches the criminal element.

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Nordengrund wrote:
Tuthina wrote:We prefer summary execution by firearms or burning, but as long as it is lethal enough, we think it is a suitable alternative.

We abolished execution by firing squad because we think it is a waste of bullets. We usually execute people by hanging or the electric chair these days.

Lethal injection?
Nice Little Quotes
“Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Yet human intelligence has another force, too: the sense of urgency that gives human smarts their drive. Perhaps our intelligence is not just ended by our mortality; to a great degree, it is our mortality.
-Adam Gopnik

Fighting for peace, is like fucking for chastity
-Stephen King

Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Political Compass of Sedikal
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Sedikal wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:

Lethal injection?

We regard that as one of the more stupid invention as it failed to improve the efficiency, successful rate, or cost of the execution, and we hope the feeling is shared by other nations as well.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Uirokeilendh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Uirokeilendh » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:35 pm

Abatael wrote:
Uirokeilendh wrote:

OoC: Do you usually speak in fields you have little to no experience in? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_and_soft_drugs

OOC: They are not scientifically determined classifications, and they a based on perceptions.
I do not consider them valid.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Uirokeilendh wrote:
Abatael wrote:
OoC: Do you usually speak in fields you have little to no experience in? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_and_soft_drugs

OOC: They are not scientifically determined classifications, and they a based on perceptions.
I do not consider them valid.

OoC: They're still existent, and here some more sites, most of which classify them:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hard+drug
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/soft+drug
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_drug
http://www.medic8.com/drug-addiction/fa ... drugs.html
http://www.medic8.com/drug-addiction/fa ... drugs.html

And, simply because you do not consider them "valid," (whatever that equivocal term is supposed to mean) does not invalidate, or somehow disqualify the terms for usage, especially for legal usage, which, in this case, is how they are being employed. And, terms "hard," and "soft" drugs are not unprecedented in legal utilization.
Last edited by Abatael on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Uirokeilendh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Uirokeilendh » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Abatael wrote:OoC: [...]

This isn't the place for an OOC debate.

Mirato
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirato » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Definitely not! Marijuana should be legal for medical purposes, but no recreational drugs.
A few facts:
Head of State: Rainha Amanda I of Mirato
Prime Minister: César Hussein
Capital: Novo Faro
Official Languages: Portuguese, Arabic
Member of: The Asian Union of Nations

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=mira ... k/id=40747<<<PLEASE read this. I spent hours on it. Thanks :)

Embassy programme: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=199216
Join the Asian Union of Nations (if your nation is in Asia, obviously) viewtopic.php?f=23&t=199294

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Uirokeilendh wrote:
Abatael wrote:OoC: [...]

This isn't the place for an OOC debate.

Of course it's not.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Cyaka
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyaka » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:57 pm

We have legalised all drugs and the government heavily regulates and taxes them. It prevents people seeing them as a taboo from a young age and also brings in money.

Antarsia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarsia » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Laws should only be in place to keep people from harming each other or each other's property. Use of drugs in one's home only affects one person; the one using. As such, the government has no business dictating what people can and cannot do to themselves.
Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28
Demonym: Antarsian
Population: 5.24 billion (Mostly Northern European, followed far behind by Asian.)
Official Languages: Antarsian (A Old Norse / Celtic mix with a 30-character runic alphabet.)
Tech: FT
Government: Antarsia is a direct democracy represented and enforced by an elected council.
Rulers: Donar Svellhammar, the current head of the council.
Capital City: Skylance City

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Antarsia wrote:Laws should only be in place to keep people from harming each other or each other's property. Use of drugs in one's home only affects one person; the one using. As such, the government has no business dictating what people can and cannot do to themselves.

Maybe in the nation of Antarsia the government does not care about the health, and virtue of the citizens, but, in Nordengrund, the governmental administration is familiar with the concept of humanity, and humaneness; that is why such laws are in place.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Antarsia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarsia » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:26 pm

Abatael wrote:
Antarsia wrote:Laws should only be in place to keep people from harming each other or each other's property. Use of drugs in one's home only affects one person; the one using. As such, the government has no business dictating what people can and cannot do to themselves.

Maybe in the nation of Antarsia the government does not care about the health, and virtue of the citizens, but, in Nordengrund, the governmental administration is familiar with the concept of humanity, and humaneness; that is why such laws are in place.

Antarsia is concerned for the health and well being of its citizens, that is why we provide universal healthcare including programs for those suffering addiction.

We simply value freedom more.
Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28
Demonym: Antarsian
Population: 5.24 billion (Mostly Northern European, followed far behind by Asian.)
Official Languages: Antarsian (A Old Norse / Celtic mix with a 30-character runic alphabet.)
Tech: FT
Government: Antarsia is a direct democracy represented and enforced by an elected council.
Rulers: Donar Svellhammar, the current head of the council.
Capital City: Skylance City

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Drugs sap the productivity of their users by causing a stupor so intense that they can do no useful task or have meaningful interpersonal relationships and cause a addiction so fierce that addicts often have to resort to a life of crime to fuel their addictions.

We would strongly advise against legalizing drugs.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:31 pm

it really depends on the priorities of the majority of you population what should be done, and upon the details of your nation's culture's as to what is likely to result from doing so.

in cameroi we don't outright ban possession or production of any substance or artifact, though we do ban the mass production, sale, and wholesale importation of any a 2/3rds majority of our population wish to.
so far these are limited to cars and guns. nothing about medicinal substances; for which, there just isn't that much demand to recreationally consume them.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Namor
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Namor » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:39 pm

In Namor, the drug industry is allowed however not encouraged.
NMR-free since August 2017!

Westerveim
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Westerveim » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Urmanian wrote:All drugs should be legalized. The state should have no part in deciding what people should or should not put in their body.

The policy of Westerveim's government regarding drugs is aligned with Urmania's.
Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved. -Aristotle

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Iglesiantis believes that all drugs should be legal. The Iglesian state doesn't say what you can put and what you cannot put in your body, as we view that as dictatorial, authoritarian, oppressive.

Abatael
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Nordengrund, do you want to know what drugs do to people? What they cause people to do? How stupid they make the user?

If you do, access the sites below at your own desire:

THE SITES BELOW CONTAIN IMAGES THAT SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND DISTURBING. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED.

THE SITES BELOW CONTAIN IMAGES THAT SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND DISTURBING. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED.
If this is a rules violation, I will immediately remove all the site addresses, and apologize.
http://img.youtube.com/vi/-yiyzzSwnGM/0.jpg - Caused from a mother using drugs.
http://dybiz.com/sites_randomblog/wp-co ... 00x216.jpg - Side effects from a drug known as "Krokodil."
http://dybiz.com/sites_randomblog/wp-co ... ug6344.jpg
http://dybiz.com/sites_randomblog/wp-co ... rug243.jpg - As you see here, drugs can literally cause you to rot away.
http://dybiz.com/sites_randomblog/wp-co ... 534634.jpg
http://dybiz.com/sites_randomblog/wp-co ... kodil3.jpg
http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1296546_f520.jpg - Defects from drug abuse.
Removed - These are an example of what drugs can cause you to do. Because of the affects of the drugs, he thought peeling his face off with a broken piece of glass, and feeding it to dogs would be a good idea.
Removed - Some more information in that picture concerning that particular case.
Removed - This one I would say is the worst. You may have heard about this, but, here, a man got high on a drug, and he then proceeded to assault someone else, and ate a portion of his face. Remember, this was due to him using drugs.
THE SITES ABOVE CONTAIN IMAGES THAT SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND DISTURBING. VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED.

How can you subject your people to such disgusting, and immoral, and inhumane conditions? You might as well just cut their faces off for them.
Last edited by Abatael on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information