NATION

PASSWORD

What is the main military weapon of your country?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yoshi-Land
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yoshi-Land » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:38 pm

The M1 carbine is the standard weapon of the normal Yoshi infantry.

And the FN SCAR in service with the elite Human mercenaries.

New Thebian Legacy
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Thebian Legacy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:12 pm

TNA-Mk.1 Defense Rifle

Weight: 3.9 kg
Length: 35 inches
Cartridge: 7.62x45mm
Rate of Fire: 650 Rounds/Min
Feed system: 20 or 30 round detachable box magazine
Effective Range: 320 metres fully automatic
380 metres semi automatic
Sights: Adjustable Iron Sights

Modified as per advice, rear sight kind of messes up the appearance of it, but you know, gotta balance form and function.
Glad to hear any other criticisms.:)
IASEN
FTA
Thebian-Itailian Alliance
Storefronts:
PRNTL International Armouries - Military Problems Solved By Commision:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64654
"A state or an army should be made up of lovers and their loves, they would be the very best governors of their own city, abstaining from all dishonour, and emulating one another in honour; and when fighting at each other's side, although a mere handful, they would overcome the world. For what lover would not choose rather to be seen by all mankind than by his beloved, either when abandoning his post or throwing away his arms? He would be ready to die a thousand deaths rather than endure this. Or who would desert his beloved or fail him in the hour of danger?"

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:20 pm

New Thebian Legacy wrote:Image
TNA-Mk.1 Defense Rifle

Modified as per advice, rear sight kind of messes up the appearance of it, but you know, gotta balance form and function.

1. ROF (rate of fire) is rather low, most rifles have it between 700 and 850 rpm.
2. I doubt you will be able to hit anything more than 50 meters in front of you on full auto.
3. Semi-automatic range could at least be up to 600m
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Indeos
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:21 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
TNA-Mk.1 Defense Rifle

1. ROF (rate of fire) is rather low, most rifles have it between 700 and 850 rpm.
2. I doubt you will be able to hit anything more than 50 meters in front of you on full auto.

I think you're confusing range with how far it's accurate at. On full auto, your bullet will still travel that far.
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or http://kraftyradio.com/ every Sunday, 6-7pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Dear Jenrak - Give cancer the banhammer!
Serious Name: The Imperial Fiefdoms of Indeos
NSG: Proud Honorary Son of the Sea Queen Of Connaught
Long Live The Community! Long Live Max!

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Altamirus wrote:
Indeos wrote:
Dimoniquid wrote:WHAT?! :shock:

YOU LOOK AT HIS, BUT NOT AT MINE?! Or did you just miss it...
Dimoniquid wrote:Something similar to Solyhniya's

Sučasnyj Avtomat-15
Сучасний Автомат-15
Advanced Automatic Rifle-15

... I can speak Russian too, you know!

Anyway, I took the main base (the receiver), and worked on the stock and barrel afterwards, so it's kinda... well, just look.

Advanced Automatic Rifle Variant - 25

Statistics
Caliber: 7.62x39mm
Action: Gas operated.
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds for a box magazine, twenty rounds for a designated marksman box magazine, and one hundred rounds for a cylindrical magazine.
Length: 855mm
Barrel length: 505mm
Weight: 3.9 kilograms.
Rate of fire: 660 Rounds per minute.
Maximum range: 500 meters.

Calm down, I missed it. Anyway, you have rails showing on the bottom of the receiver and I don't think the sights line up, but other than that it looks pretty good. Also, think I can snag the code from you?

Why is he using such a outdated, stupid bullet size? The 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 have been proven to surpass the 7.62X39 bullet and cartridge.

Because he wants to, most likely.
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Solyhniya
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solyhniya » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Indeos wrote:
Altamirus wrote:
Indeos wrote:

Sučasnyj Avtomat-15
Сучасний Автомат-15

Anyway, I took the main base (the receiver), and worked on the stock and barrel afterwards, so it's kinda... well, just look.

Statistics
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds for a box magazine, twenty rounds for a designated marksman box magazine, and one hundred rounds for a cylindrical magazine.

Calm down, I missed it. Anyway, you have rails showing on the bottom of the receiver and I don't think the sights line up, but other than that it looks pretty good. Also, think I can snag the code from you?

Why is he using such a outdated, stupid bullet size? The 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 have been proven to surpass the 7.62X39 bullet and cartridge.

Few intermediate rounds can match the material destructiveness of the 7.92x39. For jungle warfare, or generally obstructed combat, I wouldn't want any other round.
The Democratic Hetmanate of Solynia
Демократичне Гетьманство Солинії
The Pan-Slavic Union State Embassies
Dimoniquid wrote:Dear God, Solyhniya, you kick so much ass!

Skaladora wrote:Christians in general and Catholics in particular should stop giving more weight to the words of random morons, and listen more closely to what the guy they believe to have been the son of God has been saying.

United human countries wrote:Funniest joke is one you don't have to explain.

Unless they don't get it.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Solyhniya wrote:
Indeos wrote:
Altamirus wrote:
Indeos wrote:

Sučasnyj Avtomat-15
Сучасний Автомат-15

Statistics

Few intermediate rounds can match the material destructiveness of the 7.92x39. For jungle warfare, or generally obstructed combat, I wouldn't want any other round.

.90(I think) Juggernaut. 'Nuff said.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:40 pm

Indeos wrote:
TNA-Mk.1 Defense Rifle

I think you're confusing range with how far it's accurate at. On full auto, your bullet will still travel that far.

If you can't hit the broadside of a barn with it it isn't really effective.

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:44 pm

Indeos wrote:
TNA-Mk.1 Defense Rifle

True, but you've corrected peoples ranges a lot, and I don't agree with it.

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Solyhniya wrote:Few intermediate rounds can match the material destructiveness of the 7.92x39. For jungle warfare, or generally obstructed combat, I wouldn't want any other round.

The 6.8 Special Purpose Cartridge is rape.
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Indeos wrote:
Indeos wrote:
TNA-Mk.1 Defense Rifle

If he didn't mean accurate range, than why are the ranges different for full and semi-auto. Unless he is using a different bullet, a different cartridge, or a different barrel, they should both have the same effective range, regardless of whether it is on full auto, semi auto, two, three, or five round burst.

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Indeos wrote:
Indeos wrote:
TNA-Mk.1 Defense Rifle

If he didn't mean accurate range, than why are the ranges different for full and semi-auto. Unless he is using a different bullet, a different cartridge, or a different barrel, they should both have the same effective range, regardless of whether it is on full auto, semi auto, two, three, or five round burst.

Yeah, I think that's just an error on his part. Anyway, I'm not going to argue about it.

Da Orkz Boyz
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Da Orkz Boyz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Whateva the 'ell we can salvage! We boyz ain't picky with whut dakka we use.
Last edited by Da Orkz Boyz on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GREEN IZ BEST!

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 pm

I think I have found out all of the main infantry weapons ns nations use. They can be divided into 4 categories

1. AK-47: Most nations that use it are either LOL we use communist weapons, armies that rely on sheer numbers, poor nations, or stupid people that think that the AK-47 is the best, and give it to everyone, including elite special forces that they spend a decade training. Despite the name I gave this category, it includes any weapon from before 1950 that is not chambered in a round with over 3,500 J muzzle energy.

2. LOL HUGE BATTLE RIFLES: Battle rifles like the ISR-Mk IV, and the FN Rougecote FGR. They are chambered in oversized rounds usually due to megalomania, or compensation issues.

3. LOL FUTURE MODERN WEAPONZ: I added the Z because Zs are cooler than Ses. Weapons the are top of the line, caseless ammo, BARS, fancy optics, the works. They are generally issued by very disciplined, well equipped militaries, or militaries that like to waste money on guns that cost as much as a new car or a 42 in plasma screen TV.

4. Modern weapons: They use modern weapons, that actually exist, or NS weapons that cost less than $2,500. Issued by normal armies, they are generally good enough, often chambered in any round between 5.45x39mm to 7.62x54mm. The nations that use these guns are boring, but probably have more effective soldiers for the cost to equip them than any of the above examples except for the AK-47 users.

Wolohanistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolohanistan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:34 pm

The stock on the Machine Pistol's done. There's a folding stock, a solid stock and a bonus barrel extension. All it needs now are some stats and a name.
Any thoughts?
Last edited by Wolohanistan on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
groovy GROOVY grovey govey govy gov go grooovy
Deviant Art

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:36 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:I think I have found out all of the main infantry weapons ns nations use. They can be divided into 4 categories

1. AK-47: Most nations that use it are either LOL we use communist weapons, armies that rely on sheer numbers, poor nations, or stupid people that think that the AK-47 is the best, and give it to everyone, including elite special forces that they spend a decade training. Despite the name I gave this category, it includes any weapon from before 1950 that is not chambered in a round with over 3,500 J muzzle energy.

2. LOL HUGE BATTLE RIFLES: Battle rifles like the ISR-Mk IV, and the FN Rougecote FGR. They are chambered in oversized rounds usually due to megalomania, or compensation issues.

3. LOL FUTURE MODERN WEAPONZ: I added the Z because Zs are cooler than Ses. Weapons the are top of the line, caseless ammo, BARS, fancy optics, the works. They are generally issued by very disciplined, well equipped militaries, or militaries that like to waste money on guns that cost as much as a new car or a 42 in plasma screen TV.

4. Modern weapons: They use modern weapons, that actually exist, or NS weapons that cost less than $2,500. Issued by normal armies, they are generally good enough, often chambered in any round between 5.45x39mm to 7.62x54mm. The nations that use these guns are boring, but probably have more effective soldiers for the cost to equip them than any of the above examples except for the AK-47 users.

Which one do my guns actually fall in? I'm pretty sure it's 4, but I kinda drift towards 3 too...

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:I think I have found out all of the main infantry weapons ns nations use. They can be divided into 4 categories

My Army uses No. 3's (my BARS bullpup :blush: )
And My Militia uses No. 4's (a rifle similar to the L1A1 SLR)
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Wolohanistan wrote:The stock on the Machine Pistol's done. There's a folding stock and a solid stock and a bonus barrel extension. All it needs now are some stats and a name.
Any thoughts?

Aw, no internally suppressed version?

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Bafuria wrote:

Yours would probably be in group 4.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Bafuria wrote:

TASE, whats your opinion on where mine is? I want some input on my weapons
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Bafuria wrote:

On a second thought, I have to agree. My nation IS pretty boring :p

I suppose the R2 is in category 3.
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Byelorussian SSR
Envoy

Founded: Sep 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Byelorussian SSR » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:06 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Yours would probably be in group 4.

What about me? I don't post a whole lot though so it may be harder to figure me out. I'd say I'm between 3-4, leaning towards 3.

Examples:
Category 3:

Category 4:
Image - pushing it
Image - also pushing it
Factbook:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=32542&p=1302004#p1302004

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Bafuria wrote:
Bafuria wrote:

On a second thought, I have to agree. My nation IS pretty boring :p

I suppose the R2 is in category 3.

The R2 is category 3 personified.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Indeos wrote:The R2 is category 3 personified.

Byelorussian SSR wrote:Yep, pretty much group 3 weapons are like the R2 or LY20 HILAR (High Lethality Assault Rifle), weapons that don't exist in the real world because real life nations can't afford to give each soldier a rifle the cost of a new car or tv.
What about me? I don't post a whole lot though so it may be harder to figure me out. I'd say I'm between 3-4, leaning towards 3.

I have to say group 4
Itailian Maifias wrote:TASE, whats your opinion on where mine is? I want some input on my weapons

Either group 3 or 4. They are expensive, and they have BARS, but they aren't really futuristic looks or in usage. I really think you should either do something to show why the weapons in your storefront are so expensive, or greatly decrease the prices.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Indeos wrote:The R2 is category 3 personified.

Byelorussian SSR wrote:Yep, pretty much group 3 weapons are like the R2 or LY20 HILAR (High Lethality Assault Rifle), weapons that don't exist in the real world because real life nations can't afford to give each soldier a rifle the cost of a new car or tv.

I have to say group 4
Itailian Maifias wrote:TASE, whats your opinion on where mine is? I want some input on my weapons

Either group 3 or 4. They are expensive, and they have BARS, but they aren't really futuristic looks or in usage. I really think you should either do something to show why the weapons in your storefront are so expensive, or greatly decrease the prices.

O, I am decreasing the price with the renovations
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information