NATION

PASSWORD

What is the main military weapon of your country?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bryn Shander
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Bryn Shander » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Fanaglia wrote:
UAWC wrote:
Satirius wrote:-snip-
Also, I've revised it a bit, too.

While I honestly think that's a nice weapon, I fail to see how this doesn't get called bulky while the Union's main assault rifle, the FM-BHAR does.

It's called ergonomics. The grip on your rifle is almost as high as your stock and it's angled sharply forward. Unless you're firing like .22LR, prepare to break wrists. Satirius' rifle looks heavy as hell, but at least it looks a lot more comfortable to hold.

Are you retarded or something? The recoil is absorbed by the shoulder, not the hands. The hands hold the weapon firmly to the shoulder.
The Jannarii Empire | Founder of the Hermes Alliance
Bryn Shander is the capital city. Jannath is the homeworld. The adjective for the people is Jannarii, while the adjective for the people that live in the capital and the ethnic group that lived in the Kingdom of Bryn Shander before planetary unification is Shanderan. Shanderan is also the name of the language spoken in the Jannarii Empire.
FT Map of the Milky Way | Qustions and Answers concerning the Jannarii Empire.
NS Futuretech on Facebook | NS Futuretech on IRC | NS Balls | NS Trainers
IBNFTW local 8492

Noders
Senator

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noders » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Bryn Shander wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:
UAWC wrote:

While I honestly think that's a nice weapon, I fail to see how this doesn't get called bulky while the Union's main assault rifle, the FM-BHAR does.

It's called ergonomics. The grip on your rifle is almost as high as your stock and it's angled sharply forward. Unless you're firing like .22LR, prepare to break wrists. Satirius' rifle looks heavy as hell, but at least it looks a lot more comfortable to hold.

Are you retarded or something? The recoil is absorbed by the shoulder, not the hands. The hands hold the weapon firmly to the shoulder.

he corrected himself
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Me=Noders God of pissing you off
Parkus= God Of Sex and Cool and lots of Cigs
Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
Indeos=God of you know what just a bloody god
Xarithis= God Of World Domination
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Uawc
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:01 pm

In an effort to standardize its equipment and simplify logistics, the UAWC has decided to make our CS-RO bullpup battle rifle the new main weapon of the Union. We've taken advantage of its high modularity, coming up with four standard configurations of the rifle to suit different purposes. Of course, there are many, many other configurations - the CS-RO is to the Union what the AR-15 is to capitalist countries.

First off, the standard, original version, simply called the CS-RO. Fires 7.62x54mm from a box magazine of 25 rounds (both larger and smaller magazines are available). Has a two-stage trigger and an internal safety. When on fully automatic, it fires at 550 RPM. The CS-RO was originally designed as a designated marksman rifle, but due to its relatively compact size compared to other rifles of the same type, high degree of accuracy, and other factors, it has found its place in many different roles. It is, as aforementioned, highly modular, and can be customized in many different ways. This rifle has been in service with the Union for many years and remains virtually unchanged.

Next up is the AR-RO. It's the assault rifle version, and fires 7.62x39mmC (Our version of 7.62x39, optimized for tumbling which significantly boosts the lethality of the round). It can use old, cheap AK mags, though usually is loaded with new ones of 30 (both larger and smaller mags exist, however). Like the other versions of the CS-RO, it has a two-stage trigger. Unlike them, it's 600 RPM when fully automatic.

And now for the MG-RO, the machine gun configuration. Can work as either a light or general purpose machine gun, feeding from either AK mags or boxes of 50, 70, 75, 100, and other sizes. Two-stage trigger, of course, and the MG-RO fires at 700 RPM when on fully automatic. It can be chambered in 7.62x39mmC or 7.62x54mm.

Finally, we have the MP-RO. Nearly a submachine gun, it can lay down high volumes of fire and is meant for CQB in urban environments, for use by special ops teams. Again, 7.62x39mmC, 30-round mag with larger and smaller ones available. Two-stage trigger, 800 RPM when fully automatic. This is the least accurate of the CS-RO standard versions. However, due to its bullpup design it still has a long barrel by carbine standards and is still accurate enough to be useful.

All versions of the CS-RO are gas-operated and fire from a rotating bolt. And, in reality, these are all pretty much the same gun with only a couple different extra parts. A Union soldier can be trained to turn one into the other fairly quickly and easily, and the CS-RO comes with all the parts necessary to do so.
Last edited by Uawc on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pro-democracy, pro-NATO, anti-authoritarian, anti-extremism.
Ex-leftist and ex-Muslim.

I stand with Ukraine and Israel.

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Fanaglia wrote:
UAWC wrote:

Like any self-respecting modern weapon, it also rapes the hell out of lightweight polymers. G11 was only 9 and a half pounds loaded, yo.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:37 pm

BFG.
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

Solyhniya
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solyhniya » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:47 pm

While we're on PDWs, allow me to introduce the Spaškov ZSO-300.

The ZSO-300 is Spaškov Industries' most successful attempt at a personal defence weapon. It is used by tank crews, security guards, bodyguards and special forces amongst others.

It fires the standard 6.1x35mm PDW round used in Solyhniya and some other Eurasian countries. A highly asymmetric design, the collapsible stock is held only on the right-hand side of the weapon, whilst the side-fed, 54 round magazine is loaded on the left.

The magazine feeds from the rear. To load, the mag should be thrust towards the front locking mechanism (the grey area to the front of the clip); the clip fits into a system pivoting on a fulcrum, allowing the user to easily swing and slam the magazine into the receiving end. To charge the weapon, the magazine is drawn back temporarily; it will readjust to its original position.

The ZSO-300 is moderately accurate, and is "precise" when fired semi-auto at ranges of up to 300m. It has a high rate of fire of 880rpm.

EDIT: Apologies, the case ejector is difficult to point out. It's the rectangular indent on the right of the weapon.
Last edited by Solyhniya on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Democratic Hetmanate of Solynia
Демократичне Гетьманство Солинії
The Pan-Slavic Union State Embassies
Dimoniquid wrote:Dear God, Solyhniya, you kick so much ass!

Skaladora wrote:Christians in general and Catholics in particular should stop giving more weight to the words of random morons, and listen more closely to what the guy they believe to have been the son of God has been saying.

United human countries wrote:Funniest joke is one you don't have to explain.

Unless they don't get it.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Solyhniya wrote:While we're on PDWs, allow me to introduce the Spaškov ZSO-300.

The ZSO-300 is Spaškov Industries' most successful attempt at a personal defence weapon. It is used by tank crews, security guards, bodyguards and special forces amongst others.

It fires the standard 6.1x35mm PDW round used in Solyhniya and some other Eurasian countries. A highly asymmetric design, the collapsible stock is held only on the right-hand side of the weapon, whilst the side-fed, 54 round magazine is loaded on the left.

The magazine feeds from the rear. To load, the mag should be thrust towards the front locking mechanism (the grey area to the front of the clip); the clip fits into a system pivoting on a fulcrum, allowing the user to easily swing and slam the magazine into the receiving end. To charge the weapon, the magazine is drawn back temporarily; it will readjust to its original position.

The ZSO-300 is moderately accurate, and is "precise" when fired semi-auto at ranges of up to 300m. It has a high rate of fire of 880rpm.

EDIT: Apologies, the case ejector is difficult to point out. It's the rectangular indent on the right of the weapon.

I can only imagine the ease of rushing this weapon. Forget tank crews, this could be the AK of submachine guns.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Auman
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:04 pm

UAWC wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:
UAWC wrote:
Imitora wrote:
Senestrum wrote:Have you ever actually used any of the cartridges you're talking about?

In the real world, I'd bet money that UAWC has never actually touched a real weapon.

I can tell he's never fired a .454 round, because I'm good friends with people who own .500S&W Magnums, and even THEY don't like shooting .454.

OOC: That's not true. I have several bladed weapons and have fired a 9mm handgun.

Given the context of the current discussion, it should be fairly obvious that when people accuse you of never having "touched a real weapon" that what is inferred is in fact a firearm. Now, you state you have fired "a 9mm handgun." The fact that it was one handgun (and by your phrasing, I'm assuming it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience) and that that was the extent of the details you have given us only serves to reinforce your obvious lack of experience with real life firearms.

I have fired muzzle-loading muskets and rifles on several occasions. My uncle collects guns and I've fired an AK-47 on full-auto. Does that make me an expert? Hell no. But do I pretend to be one and stubbornly refuse any advice given me? No. I exaggerate not when I say that at least 1/4 of this thread is your ignorant nonsense and the arguments and accusations that follow.

OOC: I live in Canada. Guns are hard to get here. And FFS, I'm just doing an RP. Can we not dump a big pile of serious on the thread? It makes it less enjoyable.

OOC: I live in Canada, guns are not hard to get here. Go to a local gun store and ask for your CFSC test and take it. If you fail, call one of the many instructors around to run a safety course for you. If you fail the test, you are retarded and shouldn't own guns anyway.
IBNFTW local 8492

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Auman wrote:
UAWC wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:
UAWC wrote:
Imitora wrote:
Senestrum wrote:Have you ever actually used any of the cartridges you're talking about?

In the real world, I'd bet money that UAWC has never actually touched a real weapon.

I can tell he's never fired a .454 round, because I'm good friends with people who own .500S&W Magnums, and even THEY don't like shooting .454.

OOC: That's not true. I have several bladed weapons and have fired a 9mm handgun.

Given the context of the current discussion, it should be fairly obvious that when people accuse you of never having "touched a real weapon" that what is inferred is in fact a firearm. Now, you state you have fired "a 9mm handgun." The fact that it was one handgun (and by your phrasing, I'm assuming it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience) and that that was the extent of the details you have given us only serves to reinforce your obvious lack of experience with real life firearms.

I have fired muzzle-loading muskets and rifles on several occasions. My uncle collects guns and I've fired an AK-47 on full-auto. Does that make me an expert? Hell no. But do I pretend to be one and stubbornly refuse any advice given me? No. I exaggerate not when I say that at least 1/4 of this thread is your ignorant nonsense and the arguments and accusations that follow.

OOC: I live in Canada. Guns are hard to get here. And FFS, I'm just doing an RP. Can we not dump a big pile of serious on the thread? It makes it less enjoyable.

OOC: I live in Canada, guns are not hard to get here. Go to a local gun store and ask for your CFSC test and take it. If you fail, call one of the many instructors around to run a safety course for you. If you fail the test, you are retarded and shouldn't own guns anyway.

OOC: I've never seen a Canadian gun store, not once. Also, you're not allowed to have magazines with more than 5 rounds in them, and that pisses me off.
Last edited by Uawc on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Byelorussian SSR
Envoy

Founded: Sep 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Byelorussian SSR » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:20 pm

UAWC wrote:OOC: I've never seen a Canadian gun store, not once. Also, you're not allowed to have magazines with more than 5 rounds in them, and that pisses me off.

OOC: That may be true, but I've seen the 'sportsterized' ak variants with 5 rd mags, but can take the original mags with no problem/very little modifying. Or so I'm told...
Factbook:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=32542&p=1302004#p1302004

Byelorussian SSR
Envoy

Founded: Sep 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Byelorussian SSR » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Satirius wrote:Hey guys made a submachine gun.

The SMG7 is a conventional machine pistol as far as our weapons go (straight blowback, cased ammunition, etc, etc.), and it will accept any rail-mounted sight. Chambered in 9mm armor-pierecing Parabellum (ooc: whatever the hell Luger Para the PP2000 uses), the magazine is stored in the plastic handguard. A later revision may include integrated ironsights, but as of now it is speculation.

Coloration is for our navy and Riot Control officers. Different coloration, is of course, available.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
That is one of the greatest guns I've seen posted in long time! :) Very ingenious!
Factbook:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=32542&p=1302004#p1302004

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Byelorussian SSR wrote:
UAWC wrote:OOC: I've never seen a Canadian gun store, not once. Also, you're not allowed to have magazines with more than 5 rounds in them, and that pisses me off.

OOC: That may be true, but I've seen the 'sportsterized' ak variants with 5 rd mags, but can take the original mags with no problem/very little modifying. Or so I'm told...

That's true, they can...but how the hell do you get them legally?

Brostan
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brostan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:33 pm

The new assault rifle created in the United Federation of Brostan, the XBAR-7 (Experimental Bulprup Assault Rifle), promises to replace all existing weapons as the standard issue weapon in the United Federation of Brostan's armed forces. It fires the 6.8 Remington SPC cartridge from a 30 round magazine at 700RPM, more stats to come.

Demonym: Brostani

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:37 pm

UAWC wrote:In an effort to standardize its equipment and simplify logistics, the UAWC has decided to make our CS-RO bullpup battle rifle the new main weapon of the Union. We've taken advantage of its high modularity, coming up with four standard configurations of the rifle to suit different purposes. Of course, there are many, many other configurations - the CS-RO is to the Union what the AR-15 is to capitalist countries.

First off, the standard, original version, simply called the CS-RO. Fires 7.62x54mm from a box magazine of 25 rounds (both larger and smaller magazines are available). Has a two-stage trigger and an internal safety. When on fully automatic, it fires at 550 RPM. The CS-RO was originally designed as a designated marksman rifle, but due to its relatively compact size compared to other rifles of the same type, high degree of accuracy, and other factors, it has found its place in many different roles. It is, as aforementioned, highly modular, and can be customized in many different ways. This rifle has been in service with the Union for many years and remains virtually unchanged.

Next up is the AR-RO. It's the assault rifle version, and fires 7.62x39mmC (Our version of 7.62x39, optimized for tumbling which significantly boosts the lethality of the round). It can use old, cheap AK mags, though usually is loaded with new ones of 30 (both larger and smaller mags exist, however). Like the other versions of the CS-RO, it has a two-stage trigger. Unlike them, it's 600 RPM when fully automatic.

And now for the MG-RO, the machine gun configuration. Can work as either a light or general purpose machine gun, feeding from either AK mags or boxes of 50, 70, 75, 100, and other sizes. Two-stage trigger, of course, and the MG-RO fires at 700 RPM when on fully automatic. It can be chambered in 7.62x39mmC or 7.62x54mm.

Finally, we have the MP-RO. Nearly a submachine gun, it can lay down high volumes of fire and is meant for CQB in urban environments, for use by special ops teams. Again, 7.62x39mmC, 30-round mag with larger and smaller ones available. Two-stage trigger, 800 RPM when fully automatic. This is the least accurate of the CS-RO standard versions. However, due to its bullpup design it still has a long barrel by carbine standards and is still accurate enough to be useful.

All versions of the CS-RO are gas-operated and fire from a rotating bolt. And, in reality, these are all pretty much the same gun with only a couple different extra parts. A Union soldier can be trained to turn one into the other fairly quickly and easily, and the CS-RO comes with all the parts necessary to do so.

Nobody has an opinion on the CS-RO rifle family?
Last edited by Uawc on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Brostan wrote:The new assault rifle created in the United Federation of Brostan, the XBAR-7 (Experimental Bulprup Assault Rifle), promises to replace all existing weapons as the standard issue weapon in the United Federation of Brostan's armed forces. It fires the 6.8 Remington SPC cartridge from a 30 round magazine at 700RPM, more stats to come.

Stock looks too long, and I think you should use folding sights instead of fixed ones. Otherwise, nice job.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:23 pm

UAWC wrote:OOC: I've never seen a Canadian gun store, not once.

OOC: There's one four blocks from my house. I've never been inside it. Like a Fatatatutian, I'd find more use for a giraffe than a gun.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:

OOC: There's one four blocks from my house. I've never been inside it. Like a Fatatatutian, I'd find more use for a giraffe than a gun.

That is a terrible analogy, you could not find anything better to compare a gun to?
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Noders
Senator

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noders » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Altamirus wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

^ What's a giraffe useful for?

SUP DUDE
Last edited by Noders on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Me=Noders God of pissing you off
Parkus= God Of Sex and Cool and lots of Cigs
Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
Indeos=God of you know what just a bloody god
Xarithis= God Of World Domination
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:

Wait, do you live in Ontario?

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:33 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

That is a terrible analogy, you could not find anything better to compare a gun to?

It's not an analogy. I said that, for me, a gun has as many uses as a giraffe (hint: zero). I could have said "submarine polisher" or "moon-dust display case".

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:34 pm

UAWC wrote:Wait, do you live in Ontario?

Hell, no.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:
UAWC wrote:Wait, do you live in Ontario?

Hell, no.

OOC: Well, that explains it.

I'll take my second guess at BC.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 pm

UAWC wrote:OOC: I'll take my second guess at BC.

OOC: Even worse. And no, you don't get ten guesses.

(Why is it so windy on the prairies? Because BC blows and Ontario sucks.)
Last edited by Fatatatutti on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:
(Why is it so windy on the prairies? Because BC blows and Ontario sucks.)

Was that a fart joke?
Last edited by Uawc on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albrante
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrante » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Because of the recent talk about swords I will unveil the latest addition to the Albrantean Arsenal:
The BS-2 or Battle Stiletto One.

With our high tech guns and large quantity of guided cruise missiles we felt our repertoire was missing something. We had previously been using a two knife system, then we swapped to standard, stainless steel stilettos. So now we have made a further step on the road to an advanced man-portable melee system. The blade itself is made of a expensive and high quality steel-carbide, the blade can be used as a utility knife and is very useful for stabbing and parrying combat knife attacks. It can be put directly onto the barrel of a LA-7 Assault Rifle and its handle is made of a non-conductive and heat resistant polymer. The knife can also be physically "clipped" into the scabbard and the scabbard itself has a serrated edge which allows it to be used as a small handsaw as not to dull the blade on thicker obstacles. Finally the knife can attack to the scabbard in a way that it can act as a set of wire cutters, useful for repair, utility and cutting any stray razor wire.

So what do yall think?
Last edited by Albrante on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Ambrosian Kingdom of the Crown and People of Albrante
------------Fortuna-Supra-Prospectum-Sita-Est-------------

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information