NATION

PASSWORD

TMWS RPG Armory

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

TMWS RPG Armory

Postby Dolmhold » Sat May 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Only for members of this.

This is the armory where you get to showcase, draft or explain what your nation uses! You may explain as much as you want, but remember, you are showcasing, drafting or explaining your military technology here, not your civilian. That's probably a reminder best directed to myself, but here it goes!

It is recommended that you organize it by tech period and then the equipment/spacecraft/weapons, or the equipment/spacecraft/weapon and its evolution throughout the tech periods, or when it was suddenly here or suddenly obsolete.

This thread is not for debate, that's why we have an OOC. It is recommended that your only posts here have to deal with detailing your military.

Let it begin then!

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Sat May 26, 2012 9:22 pm

I will act as OP for this thread. Follow the rules of not being stupid and you are good.

This thread is for the display and description of your military weapons, ships, teachnology, and tactics. Please feel free to describe all of you military junk in detail enough to make it seem slightly feaseable, or at least something that I would accept. Please sort out your technology into the different eras and techs so that nothing is confused. Do not godmod, flame, troll, or do anything unacceptable by my terms, which are extremely lax. Please, have tons of fun!

Example:
PMT:
Ships: Types and so forth
Weapons:
Power source?:

EFT:
yadda:
yadda:
yadda:

FT:
Last edited by Hladgos on Sun May 27, 2012 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

TheFall
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TheFall » Sat May 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Unmanned Combat Space/Atmospheric Vehicle (UCSAV)

Basically is a Drone that doubles as a stealth Fighter/Bomber and is very hard to engage due to its erratic movements. The UCSAV is equiped with Dual Advanced Impulse engines giving it extreme mobility, as part of the IECS program for the UEFP military each of its soldiers has a TACMAP that can control one of these drones per soldier. Or an onboard advanced A.I can manuever and pilot the drone independently. It has a cockpit for maintenance duties, but can be piloted by a humanoid if one chooses. With the ability to operate in any environment including space and planet atmosphere it is extremely versatile. Armaments include high powered Dual phasers and 2 Quantom Torpedo launchers onboard, housing at least 30 torpedoes. Its defensive capabilities are still classified, but what i can tell you is that it has Extremely powerful shields that are normally found on Recon starships of the federation.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: [img]http://www.impdb.org/images/a/a1/StealthEDI.jpg[/img] removed, as it causes Google Chrome to freak out.
Favorite Quotes
When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sat May 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Here's our major class of frigate:

The Perseus-class frigate:
The Perseus-class frigate is a light sub-capital ship that makes up the bulk of our support fleet. Its design is ancient and has been in use for over 800 years, commissioned in 2401. It is, however, one of the most versatile designs ever created. If a new advance is made it can often be retrofitted into the existing fleet. Despite this, it is currently nearing the end of its lifespan as military advisers have finally convinced the council that the Perseus-class should be decommissioned and replaced with a newer design that nativity incorporates the newer technology. Its modern variation is very much a patchwork vessel. It has two meters of crystalline titanium-A battle plate, a light energy shield, two mid-power energy projectors, three light mass-acceleration-canons, three plasma lances, several lasers, a couple large batteries of plasma torpedoes, and a few hundred missiles. It can travel up to 60% the speed of light under it two repulsor type sublight engines and at 60,000 light-years per-hour under its FTL drives. It is 1,000 meters long, and it carries a single squadron of fighters and a complement of 3,000 standard marines and 1,000 laconians. We currently employ 30,000 ships of this class.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sat May 26, 2012 9:44 pm

OOC: Deleted to be remade.
Last edited by Dolmhold on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:28 am, edited 6 times in total.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sat May 26, 2012 10:46 pm

The Ares-class heavy battlecruiser:
The Ares-class heavy battlecruiser is the main capital ship of the KRN and is at the core of every battle group. It has four hundred meters of crystalline titanium-A battle plate, a honey-combed internal bracing structure, a heavy energy shield, twenty heavy energy projectors, fifteen mass-acceleration-canons, thirty plasma lances, ten massive banks of heavy lasers, twenty large batteries of plasma torpedoes, and a tens of thousand missiles. It can travel up to 70% the speed of light under it twelve repulsor type sublight engines and at 70,000 light-years per-hour under its FTL drives. It is 15,000 meters long and carries ten fighter squadrons and a complement of 1,800 standard marines and 600 laconians. We current deploy 10,000 of these ships.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

TheFall
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2011

Postby TheFall » Sat May 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Intrepid Class

Activated Intrepid Class Meta Armor

The Intrepid class Battlecruiser is the backbone of the UEFP Fleet and the class was first commisioned in the year 2301 during the vexil invasion of the Milky Way galaxy. It is powerfully armed and actually quite manuverable. Many enemy vessels attempt to attack it and often resort to swarming in frustration, The Class is equipped with the Federations famous Temporel Drive and allows it to instantly traverse space. Its armaments include 12 Type 2 Transphasic cannons, 6 Type 2 Croniton Torpedo Launchers, along with 1 Isolytic burst cannon/Terraforming located in the vessel's deflector dish. The Terraforming cannon has became unique over the years as the federation began perfecting terraforming and found a way to do this with a cannon. So in essence the Intrepid class can terraform dead planets in about a week, giving the amount of power that is allocated to the cannon at the time. With a length of 600 meters and weight 2,000,000 metric tonnes the class is relatively a mid sized Starfleet vessel. The Meta Armor is a new armor developed by the Federation, first pioneered on the Discovery class. This Armor is about 8 times stronger than Ablative armor and as such able to withstand a wide array of punishment. The class is equipped with a scientific suite along with reconnisance and is a very capable explorer. Defensive capabilities are naturally classified, but is strong enough to traverse a star's corona and could remain there indefnitly to take detailed scans. The Intrepid class has a crew of 200+50 MACOs assigned for defensive purposes.
Last edited by TheFall on Sat May 26, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Favorite Quotes
When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Sun May 27, 2012 6:30 am

PMT:
Weapons: The very first weapons that were used in space were simple high velocity electromagnetic railguns, as shelding technologies of the galaxy were only magnetic and energy sheilding, both of which were exceedingly weak. The railguns simply fired powerful explosive slugs which detonated after getting about half way through the ship or device it was going through, rendering the target a wrenched ball of metal. As energy weapons became more useful, as sheilding technologies began to render metal slugs useless, ion cannons were the new choice, though conventional lasers, as well as high explosion bombs were used to weaken enemy sheilds. For decades, ships hardly changed, and their technology stayed almost the same, until a radical thought process began to take place in the minds of engineers, and as sheilding technology rapidly outpaced the weapons which were used against it, plasma lasers, as well as larger and faster slugs were introduced.
Ships:
Sheilding technology: When sheilding first arrived, it was strictly for protection against micrometeorites and cosmic radiation. After the first use of railguns in space proved to be exceedingly destructive, sheilds quickly turned to magnetic or plasma sheilding, attempting to either fling matter away or turn it into the sheilding. Active energy sheilding became a must have for all ships, so that their chances of survival would be drastically enhanced.
Last edited by Hladgos on Sun May 27, 2012 7:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sun May 27, 2012 6:47 am

Kreanolthan Mass Acceleration Cannons:

Early on, Kreanolthan scientists realized that if a slug of metal could be launched fast enough a slug as small as one pound could be extremely powerful, rendering explosives unnecessary. The Mass Acceleration Weapon was created to meat this need. It was a coil gun that fired projectiles . At least at first. As time went on, armor became thicker, and the slug had to move faster be become heavier to break the armor down until the slug weighed over one hundred tons and moved at nearly .05c. Then shielding was developed and the particle beam weapon was developed to break it down. After hundreds of years of being relegated to second class weapon the MAC returned. Advances in technology allowed for slugs to be fired at over .95c and for slugs to weigh over 10,000 tons. At this time Zeus-class battleships and Sparta-class orbital battle-stations can fire 12,000 ton slugs at .99c. At these weights and speeds that can lay waste to most shield tech and more forms of armor in little more that two or three shots, a number far lower than the amount of cannons carried by many classes of ships.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

The Argentina federation
Attaché

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Argentina federation » Sun May 27, 2012 7:00 am

I'm only going through Early FT-PFT

Early FT
The technology in space warfare was just being created. Much of the weapons we're low yield lasers, missiles, projectiles, rail guns, and EMP's.

Star fighter- Durmus

The Durmus star fighter was the first of it's kind. It was built early on as a type of space taxi, but soon during a large war between a first contact species we had to change it. It's speed is 200 MPS, it is run on 2 small Laser Acquitted Engine. It's weapon system are 2 low yield laser ray's, and 4 Auto cannon's. It's does not have a shield systems mainly because of it's sturdy hull made out of Iron-C-3. It is largely used as the main star fighter in the Argentina federation Navy. It's crew is made up of 2 people, a driver and a comm's officer.

Frigate- Sylvania

The Sylvania style frigate is one of the most powerful in the region of space in which it fly's through. It's current speed is over 2,300 MPS, it is run by 4 quad core duo Laser Acquitted engines. It's weapons system is 6 high yield laser beams, 2 missile launchers, it's shielding is a low powered laser shield, it's hull strong enough to crash into a asteroid, and survive. It's crew is made up of 42 people.

Capital ship- Diablo

The Diablo or the "Devil" is a massive ship capable of destroying asteroids, ships, causing solar flares, and destroying the atmosphere of planets. It is run by 14 Helium I-C3 reactors, that keep the ship going at a steady 90 MPS. It's warp drive can go only warp speed 2. It's shielding is a Highly powered plasma shielding ray. It's weapons systems are 72 low yield laser's, and 1 TEOAL (The End Of All Life) it is capable of destroying atmosphere's of planets. It has a crew of 47,650.

PFT

RPs I'm in.

NATIONS:
United states of Istan
Vircher

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun May 27, 2012 8:14 am

Imperial Starfleet
Imperial Starfleet is the main space military arm of the United Federation of Terra and commanded by group of ten admirals, however they are all answerable to one Grand admiral who serves as Commander-in-Chief of both Imperial starfleet and MACO and only answerable to Monarch himself. Due to great emphasis on technological advancement: ships are frequently commissioned with obsolete ones being stored at junk yard: as an reserve which can be repaired and brought back to service (of course, they wont be as effective as normal ships). Average age of a ship's design are overhauled every 20-30 years in peacetime; here will only be the base design of ships.
For females, trousers are replaced with skirts (and vice versa): colour combination obviously remains the same as that is what identifies your branch. In mid EFT, MACO takes over security so, Security officer's uniform is obsolete.
EFT
Command Uniform

Engineering Uniform

Operations Uniform

Security Uniform

FT
Command Uniform

Science Uniform

Operations Uniform

PFT
Command Uniform

Operations Uniform

Science Uniform

Ships

FT
Everest class is the largest and most heavily armed starship of the Imperial Starfleet: and its pride. It can only be commanded by admiral and only 30 are in active service while rest are in reserve to be commanded in case of large scale warfare.
Weapon:
-Can be refitted with Trilithium generator.
- 1x Antiproton cannon
- 5x Subatomic disruptor cannon
- Quantum resonance charge
- 5x Isolytic tube
- 3x Optronic weapons array
- 20x Phaser cannon
-

Defences: Temporal shield, Regenerative shield, Covariant shield, Fifty inches of Reactive armor, Ablative generator, and Critical systems defended by ten inches of Monotanium armour.
Cloak: Phased cloak

[Incomplete]
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Ships: 14 active battle groups. 6 reserve battle groups Ship types and numbers per group below:

Fortis-Class: Essentially a flying fortress, or a mobile missile platform with anti-fighter guns. Holds roughly 5,500 crewmen, although typical complement hovers around 5,320. The heart of any Adventian battle group. The Fortis is the embodiment of the Adventian doctrine of precise, long-range missile barrages, calculated to take advantage of orbital trajectories to stope hostile fleets dead in their tracks. one per battle group. Unique rotary hull design allows the ship to fire a maximum number of missiles while still maintaining a maneuverable shape. Fortis class vessels are essentially designed to be self-sustaining, with onboard missile and munitions factories that are completely automated, and mining drones capable of procuring resources from nearby asteroid belts.

Festina-Class: The destroyers of the Adventian fleet, designed for 'mop-up operations' after an effective barrage, also equipped to fire long range missiles in support. Roughly 550 crew complement. seven per battle group

Raptor-Class: Two-seater and single seater fighter jets, designed for both orbital, in-atmosphere, and ship-based combat. Roughly a thousand of these per battle group, most housed in Fortis class vessels

Hasta Class: Essentially a military shuttle, also outfitted as a deep space cruiser for small crews. Based off of several civilian models. Functions as the workhorse of the fleet, rescuing downed pilots and performing munitions resupply runs.

Pics in factbook. May post 'em later.

Ground forces: Roughly 2 million
“The supreme function of reason is to show man that some things are beyond reason”---Blaise Pascal
"Just by being themselves, they make the best case against humanism." Luke Winkie

Constantinopolis wrote:
To paraphrase C.S. Lewis, I would choose to live as if God existed even if I knew He didn't. Either I am on the side of Life Victorious, or I am making a defiant but hopeless last stand against the all-consuming abyss. It does not really matter which it is. I am doing the right thing either way.

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004

Postby Feazanthia » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Alright. The armory of the Cetelak Democratic Imperium. Similar to my inspirational techbase, it's based around small numbers of actual ships utilizing high technology to win the day. I figured it'd be an interesting twist considering most everyone else seems to be using swarms of warships. It is in first draft form, as admittedly your “time period” system still confuses me (I'm used to ships from all tech bases being relatively equal, dammit!)

Space Armaments

ENERGY
EFT: By harnessing volatile, high-energy plasma from their own reactors and sublight drives and utilizing it as a lasing medium; Cetelak warships are capable of generating immense bursts of X-ray radiation. Via sophisticated deflection mirror arrays, these X-rays can be focused into a coherent beam. Democratic Imperium vessels utilize these powerful beams in both a defensive and offensive role.

FT: Taking full advantage of the immense energy potential of the Niling d-sink, and the focusing capability of gravity lensing, Cetelak warships are capable of generating streams of coherent, relativistic electrons in the Gamma range; surpassing the range and power of previous coherent light weapons systems by several orders of magnitude.

GUIDED

EFT
The Type 7 Automated Weapons Carrier is launched from its parent ship on magnetic rails before accelerating on fusion-plasma rockets. Its active scanner system locks on to the target vessel and the carrier homes in. At either a pre-programmed distance-to-target or via command from the parent, the vehicle will activate its shaped cutting charges and shed its outer dust shield; revealing ten independent missiles. These missiles will then launch, each independently targeting the designated target and pursuing on a high-acceleration, low-endurance plasma rocket. The missiles carry various warheads.

Antiship X-ray – Rather than detonating and “pumping” a series of lasing rods as previous generations, Cetelak X-ray warheads siphon high-energy plasma from their own drive system to emit a coherent X-ray tight beam from the missile's nose. Without starship grade radiators, the vehicle quickly overheats, but not before emitting substantial radiation at the target.

Countermeasure – Countermeasure warheads carry a system similar to X-ray warheads, but rather than focusing the beam into incredibly small widths; countermeasure warheads deliberately defocus the beam. While their lasers are typically not enough to damage enemy hulls save for extremely close range, they are designed to encompass an entire enemy vessel or missile volley and blind any exposed sensors.

Guidance – Rather than a true weaponized warhead, guidance missiles mount a low-endurance zero-width wormhole along with omnidirectional laser transmitters, allowing the missile's host ship to transmit and receive information to and from the missile group in real time.

Heavy Antiship Particle – A relatively new technology, heavy antiship missiles are too large to be carried on T7 AWCs; and are instead launched from specialized coil accelerators aboard capital ships. Heavy antiship missiles focus an incredibly powerful thermonuclear reaction into a laser-like beam width, for the first time in Imperial Republic history making the holy grail of charged particle weaponry remotely feasible.

Type 16 “Duvoir” Missile – Too large to be deployed by any but the largest capital ships, and too expensive to be used except in the most dire of circumstances, the Duvoir takes advantage of the smallest continuous wormhole drive ever developed. Completely without any sort of warhead, the Duvoir instead takes advantage of the unique physics of wormhole space to exit close to the target at high relativistic velocities. Due to relatively unstable, first-generation generators, the Duvoir must exit wormhole space several times (depending on distance) in order to restabilize the wormhole and reacquire its target.

FT
The type 28 Automated Weapons Carrier is little changed from its elder cousin, other than its capacity being increased to twenty individual missiles, an increase in operational range, and an overall decrease in dimensions and mass.

Antiship Particle – Following refinements to the technology, charged particle warheads have completely replaced directed energy weapons as the mainstay antiship missile of the Cetelak

Countermeasure – The countermeasure warhead is unchanged in concept to its predecessor, but has added a charged particle “screen” to its high-energy radiation emissions.

Guidance – Guidance missiles now utilize entanglement communications to communicate with their “flock”, making it next to impossible to jam transmissions.

Quantum Buster – The quantum buster has replaced the Duvoir as the Imperium's strategic weapon-of-choice. By disrupting the quantum state of matter within its “blast” radius, quantum busters can generate runaway cascade reactions in contiguous pieces of baryonic matter; collapsing them and converting them into energy. If deployed against an inhabited world, it would render the world sterile in a matter of days.

Advanced Quantum Buster – Developed in response to the threat of devastating, Quantum Buster-fueled solar flares, the AQB is a variant on the Quantum Buster meant to survive in the incredibly hazardous conditions of a stellar body. Were it deployed against such a body, the effects on any world in the star's habitable belt would be disastrous.
Last edited by Feazanthia on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

The canardian republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The canardian republic » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:49 pm

EFT to FT

nadak class fighter Image
functions on an electromagnetic repulor in atmospheric conditions while switching to a high efficency chemical propulsion in dpace combat. it is equiped with two 50. machine guns and two plasma misssiles

jumta class cruiserImage
the pride and joy of the imperial navy, the jumta features the latest in fusion,plasma cannon, and ftl technology available, it sports 4 tontarin plasma cannons, 5 hydrogen missile launching tubes and a hefty mass deflector shield as its main defense, and is powerd by a good sized fusion core.

tum jand class star baseImage
a heavily armed and armored starbase.

standard plasma rifleImage
the thing that kept our race going for almost a century, the standard plasma rifle is still used today by the imperial military as an entry level plasma wepon that requires minimal training and a decent amount of firepower.

caros portable plasma turret http://www.firingsquad.com/media/hirez.asp?file=/media/galleries/timeshift_weapons_feature/12.jpg
an easy to put up and take down plasma turret used to hold a position.

tor taka walker tank Image

shielding:
nasda class electromagnetic shield
torta class mass deflector shield($$$)

PFT
above plus

vantok class capitol ship Image
a standard capitol ship in every way except design.

jsm ore collector Image

varana galactic jump gateImage
Last edited by The canardian republic on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Not our body and our muscles make us strong. It is our will to survive, to defend our family and the ability to love. Those are the things which make us even stronger than everything else. THIS is strength! No computer, intergalactic race or animal will defeat the zakesh race as long as we have this fires in our hearts burning!"
quote from Zer'kesh the defender.

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Last edited by Daskoxian on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Ruivan Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 20, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Ruivan Empire » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:51 am

The Military of the Union Of Imperial Systems is a very large branch of the Union appropriately named the Fist Of The Union.

the ships classes and types of ships are listed below:

The largest and most heavily armed ships the Union has ever fielded resides in this prestigious class of warships. Only the most abled bodied and smartest of Imperial Soldiers can even be considered when crewing these gargantuan beasts.

Emperors Wrath class Star dreadnought-Image-21,500 Kilometers long
armed with 19,000 Turbolaser emplacements,1,000 Ion Cannons, 1,500, missiles tubes, 2,000 AA Laser Turrets Two Shield Generators, Nine Ion engine units, Three Hypermatter Annihilator reactors.

Empires dawn class Star dreadnought-Image- 16,000 kilometers long, 10,000 Turbolaser emplacments, 1,400 ion cannons, 900 Missile tubes, 3,000 AA Laser turrets, Redundant Shield Genrators (3), 2 Hypermatter Annihilator reactors

More to come
Last edited by The Ruivan Empire on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ME: "SO IF I PUSH IT THEN SOMEONE DIES BUT I GET A MILLION DOLLARS?"
MAN:"YES"
ME: (PUSHES BUTTON TEN TIMES)
ME :" ILL TAKE MY TEN MILLION PLEASE!"
MAN:"......"

The Army Republic of Neo Prussia wrote:
Galactic Federation of the FDR wrote:How exactly did Jersey fly a C-130 through space to Dertuya and got past the massive battle in a single post?

Hard work, determination, duct tape, and several nukes.

International Fascism Defense and Economic Coalition

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Velociraptor-class Star Destroyer

One of the ship classes that forms the backbone of the Saurisian fleet, the Velociraptor-class is a longtime veteran having been in service for decades yet is still capable of punching a hole in enemy ships. Like all star destroyers, it is a medium ship and is thus faster than a Star Dreadnought but is more heavily armed and armored than a frigate or corvette. Also like all star destroyers, it has a built-in hangar and thus contains its own contingent of fighters, bombers, and transports. This technically makes it a carrier, but is not officially dubbed so. First entering service in 2617, it was one of the first fully-indigenous classes that was not based on a Saurorean design. Its versatility and overall cheap price compared to other ships of its class ensured that the Velociraptor-class remains in service and is a common sight in fleets, orbital defenses, convoys, and exploration units.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:51 pm

This is a quick and dirty overview of some of the technologies and weapons used by the Terran Dominion.

The Astrum: The Astrum is the method by which all interstellar travel is possible. Harnessing the potential of fortified smoke, vessels are able to gain access to this secondary dimension, and exceed the speed of light. Any vessel within the Astrum may view out into reality, although their sensors are badly degraded by the powerful interference of the tides and currents. Some ships have specially built sensors that permit them to peer through the oppressive fog of interference, by only partially exiting the dimension. Peering into the Astrum is nearly impossible, although there are some highly specialized and primitive forms of detection equipment that can do so, in a limited manner. A more reliable method for detecting ships traveling in the Astrum is to spot the distinctive wake they leave in reality. This wake is most notable just before a vessel returns to the real world, or when a Draussenboote is traveling near the surface in a position to strike.

Draussenbootes: One of the unique facets of the Astrum is the ability to peer and strike from concealment against forces in reality. Draussenbootes operate in small packs, picking off whatever targets they can. Cautious captains strike from hiding with their torpedoes, dropping fast moving missiles into reality with a suddenness fit to stun even the most well trained crew. Bold skippers will emerge from the Astrum, bringing their single powerful deck gun to bear on vulnerable targets. The deck gun permits greater precision against vulnerable merchants, but pitting it against a prepared warship is not a wise choice, due to the low rate of fire and low yield of their rounds.

Warships: Other than the Draussenbootes, Dominion warships follow a general design. Each vessel is built with a set of dorsal and ventral turrets, containing powerful mass driver cannon to accelerate their shells to high velocity. The most modern vessels fire guided rounds that can actively track their targets, increasing hit probabilities. Turrets come in several configurations, though the most common are single, double and triple, some quadruple turrets do exist. All ships also mount a set of secondary turrets, in a smaller bore than the primaries. Tertiary turrets and point defense guns are also mounted on each ship, in numbers sufficient to degrade any incoming attack.

Battleships: The largest fleet units carrying the heaviest guns. Most battleships mount between sixteen and twenty four twelve to fifteen inch main cannon. Each cannon can fire a one ton DU/AM slug every twenty seconds, giving battleships nearly uncontested mastery of the spaceways. Their secondary cannon are between four and six inches in diameter, and fire cruiser weight shells. Battleships are heavily outfitted with point defense cannon, most classes carrying between one hundred and one hundred and sixty emplacements to protect against torpedo and strike bomber attacks.

Carriers: Carriers are a recent addition to the fleet. For some time these unarmed and lightly armored ships were seen as too fragile to be useful, but with the improvement of the Draussenbootes, carriers have become a practical option once more. Strikes are launched from within the Astrum, and it is only when their weapons have been expended that the carrier will emerge, recover its charges, and slip away to safety once more. Carrier fighters are capable of making short trips through the Astrum on their own, but their range is severely limited, and only the boldest will risk such a chance.

Heavy Cruisers: The next step down from battleeships, heavy cruisers mount guns nearly as powerful as the larger battleships, but they carry much lighter armor. In addition, they usually mount fewer guns, both in terms of main armament, as well as secondaries and point defense. Their main utility lies in being faster than battleships, able to engage a fleeing foe, or evade a pursuer with equal ease.

Light Cruisers: Mounting the same armor as heavy cruisers, bbut lighter guns, light cruisers operate at the fringes of fleet actions, darting in to pick apart vulnerable targets with their light cannon, or forming squadrons to defend against fighter attacks. While each ship lacks the point defense capability of a battleshi on its own, their combined might can decimate unwary flights.

Destroyers: The generalists of the fleet, destroyers mount the fewest and lightest guns. They make up for it by carrying deadly torpedoes, and astrum charges with which to engage Draussenbootes. Their ability to engage ships in direct combat is limited, but if they can successfully close to torpedo range and fire a spread, they are more than the equal of any battleship.

Weapons:

Cannon: Dominion cannon are powerful mass drivers, launching individual shells at high velocities. The shells are all fairly large, and each one contains within it a large store of antimatter, inside a thin shell. Reaction with the shell and the targets hull converts the antimatter and real matter into energy, for a large scale energy release. Penatrators do exist, but their use against light ships is limited, due to issues of overpenetration.

Torpedoes: The primary anti-ship weapons of torpedo boats, destroyers and Draussenbootes, these weapons are quite versatile. They can be fired either within the Astrum, or in the real world, and accelerate rapidly toward targets under their own power. Torpedoes contain a specialized shaping field that serves to spread the antimatter charge across a predetermined area of the target, permitting them to compromise large sections of armor in a single strike.

Point Defense Cannon: Point defense comes in several flavors, from 40mm cannon, to light 12.7mm CIWS. The main purpose of most forms of point defense is to fill a very large volume of space with particles that will be inimical to the health of any object passing through that particular area. Point defense is the only weapon type that does not rely on antimatter for the majority of its punch.

Will complete later.
Last edited by Mini Miehm on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

Sythyn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sythyn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 am

OOC: Sorry for this but I have to say this. For the love of Violet, please use spoiler tags! It's killing my connection! It ain't hard to use! :(

Code Protocol 45#291 favours lightning fast attacks, engaging active combat at FTL speeds while attempting to whittle down the oppositions by dropping random solid objects in FTL velocities toward enemy path or drop out of FTL to deliver a salvo of torpedoes before accelerating into FTL speeds again. Their heavy usage of inertialess drives made most space on their warships dedicated to provide power for the propulsion unit henceforth warships of Code Protocol 45#291 cannot remain in extended warfare for long or deliver enough damage to ships comparable to their size.

As a common trademark for all Sythyn units, Code Protocol 45#291 warships do not have a proper shielding other spatial area generators that bend space around themselves to deflect or suppress damage from contacting their surfaces. These generators can be also used to reduce their presence significantly in normal space, augmenting Code Protocol 45#291 warships FTL attacks. Every warship in Sythyn service include a nanolathe suite and Code Protocol 45#291 warships are no stranger to this; the suite allow the warships to repair themselves, or upgrade themselves or build smaller Sythyn equipments on the go, given enough energy, mass and time given.

Unlike other Code Protocols of Sythyn, Code Protocol 45#291 favours on using PHC-13 photon torpedoes and Slaze Nine weapons in a massed salvos when not engaging in FTL warfare while exclusively use Slysic Tachyon Torpedo during FTL mode, preferring hit and run attacks in a very long range. Work pending! My factbook in my sig explain things better.
Last edited by Sythyn on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
“What and who am I? What is my purpose, what is the meaning of my existence? Why am I alive?”
“The future battlefield shall be dominated by one weapon. And that is you, and your sole purpose, Commander.”
FT Resources
[FT Argument Thread][The State of Galaxy - MWG][FT Advice Thread]

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:48 am

This motherfucker separates things at the molecular level, which negates all forms of armor and matter in general. Energy is warped due to it's nature, meaning even energy-based defenses are rendered in-effective. This is a race that was built on constant struggle, conflict, and warfare. What do you expect for their ground weapons?

Some starter images. Few spacecraft and an infantry rifle. Tactics can be discussed later.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:22 pm

F/A-161 Quetzalcoatlus Multirole Fighter

The mainstay of the Navy's fighter force, the F/A-161 is fast, hard-hitting, and extremely maneuverable. It is also quite strong, since it is both protected by shielding and armor that enables it to take quite a bit of punishment. Armed with two blaster cannons mounted on the underside of the elongated nose and four proton torpedoes that can be launched from two launch tubes, located on both sides of the fighter's nose, the F/A-161 is a capable dogfighter. In addition to its role as a dogfighter, the 161 can also be easily modified to put bombs on target and is perfectly capable of performing ground attack and reconnaissance missions (with the right modifications, of course).

Nicknamed the "Q" and "The Fighting Quetz", the 161 has its roots in a contract issued by the government for the design of a new fighter that is maneuverable, fast, and able to pack quite a punch some 38 years ago. It was meant to replace the Navy's aging fleet of F/A-9 and F-77 fighters as part of an extensive campaign to overhaul the Saurisian Military. Rionell Astro Designs was awarded the contract and some two months later, designed what would become the F/A-161, embodying the traditional Saurisian principles of balanced schematics, with an equal amount of dedication to speed, maneuverability, and firepower. The first 161s entered service with both the Navy and Army Air Corps in 2784 after years of testing, modification, and so forth and it has proudly served ever since.

There are two primary versions of the F/A-161, the single-seat A variant and the two-seater B variant. In the B variant, the second crewdino, the copilot, sits behind the pilot, and helps ease the pressure of handling the craft's mechanisms and computers all by him or herself. It's this version that is most commonly used for certain diplomatic missions. There is also the C variant, designed for reconnaissance missions, and it is an enlarged version with only one cannon instead of the two. It is a three-seat version, with a pilot, a crewdino to monitor the complex long-range sensors, and a gunner to cover the craft's six (with a built-in turret exactly for this purpose).
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Red Talons
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Talons » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:43 am

Figured I'd leave a tag here, and mention that all of my national information can be found in my sig.

Godspeed all.
This is my factbook(perpetually under construction)
Because I advocate more space-magic, Laws For Magic.
A 4.2 civilization, according to this index.
---
Defense Status
{Green}--{Orange}--|{Blue}|--{Red}--{Black}
---
Universal peace is an archaic concept.
It is like taking a handful of sand,
and expecting none of it to slip through your fingers...

=Isahil Traekith=
---
Fear is a basic emotion...
What frightens you more, the evil that you know?...
...Or the evil that you don't...
When you light a candle,
you also cast a shadow...
=[Data Redacted]=

Sri Tschow
Minister

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Dawn-Class Light Shuttle
SPECS:
Hyperdrive: None
Supplies: 2 Days

Sabre-Class Troopship
SPECS:
Hyperdrive: Class 0.2 (4LY/H)
Supplies: 1 Month

Commodant-Class Gunboat
SPECS:
Hyperdrive: 0.1 (2LY/H)
Supplies: 1 Week

Freedom-Class Frigate
SPECS:
Hyperdrive: 0.1 (2LY/H)
Supplies: 1 Week

Liberation-Class Medium Cruiser
SPECS:
Hyperdrive: 2.0 (6LY/H)
Supplies: 4 Months

Leviathan-Class Star Dreadnought
SPECS:
Hyperdrive: 5.2 (10LY/H)
Supplies: 2 Years

Freeman-Class Heavy Frigate
SPECS
Hyperdrive: 5.2 (10LY/H)
Supplies: 4 Years

That's most of my navy, minus the fighters.
Last edited by Sri Tschow on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Economic Left|Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian|Authoritarian: -6.87
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information