NATION

PASSWORD

Galonica Today

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Galonica
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Galonica Today

Postby Galonica » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Galonica Today is the Confederacy's top rated national news station. It can be compared to America's MSNBC. It is one of the most recognized stations on the Postlethwait, second only to Traillopia National News. It currently airs in Liluputia and Traillopia.

TG me if you want it to air in your country.
Last edited by Galonica on Thu May 17, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Galonica, a temperate paradise and military power.
Chairman: Vo Ludwig Arouj I
Chief of Staff: Leo McGarry
Minister of War: Edward Murriets
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Bill Glencoe
Minister of Commerce: Rênn Smithson
Minister of Internal Affairs: Fritz Gαlzburg
Minister of Agriculture: Judah Ben-Hur
Minister of Education: Charles Burchfield
Minister of Industry: Andre Junocev
Attorney General: Atticus Finch
Pro Tempore: Sen. Richard Lugar (R-DF)
Speaker: Rep. Carl Sandburg (S-PL)
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Two more countries!

Galonica Today will air in the Federal Republic of Gearria and the Democratic Republic of Valenia. Other countries being looked at are Hawai'i, Delgrae, and other nations that have an embassy in our country. Airing is expected to begin as early as Thursday in these nations.
Last edited by Galonica on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Morgan Cola A Hit!

The Castlerean soda company, Morgan Cola Company, has become a huge success in the Confederacy. Some speculators feared that it would be a bust, but it quickly sold out- taking a mere four days to sell out. Since then, a factory was built in Helios. Helios, the least employed state in Galonica, has seen a boost in job creation as a result. Many are considering open another factory in northern Galonica.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Galonican Intervention in Hawai'i

About three weeks ago, suspected terrorists planted a number of bombs at various government buildings in Honolulu, Hawai'i. Early in the morning, the bombs detonated killing 700 innocent Hawai'ian citizens. Hawai'ian politicians were also killed in the attack. Hawai'ian sources state that this attack was most likely an act of retaliation for a recent ban on Sharia Law.

Ambassador Friedrich Taber II, son of legendary Friedrich Taber, said of the attack, "If this is truly an act of retaliation by Islamic extremists, then there's something wrong. I'm not a Muslim, but last time I checked, Islam is supposed to teach tolerance for others. If that's the case, clearly the perpetrators of this vile and heinous act need to re-read the Quran." Governor Mustafa Falawi (G-RM) seconds the Ambassador's statement. "This is not what Muslims are supposed to do. This is not how we act. Especially in this modern world."

However, others applaud the actions of the extremists. General Herman Lee, leader of the Liluputian Freedom Fighters (LFF), said in a message, "This is what we must do when we have no representation in government. These "extremists" are to be applauded for their actions. Hopefully they can do more so the pigs of Hawai'ian Parliament can recognize their needs." The LFF is a noted terrorist organization that operates in both Galonica and Liluputia.

Image General Lee, leader of LFF

In response to the tragedy in Hawai'i, Chairman Arouj sent GIF Team 4 to aid Hawai'ian investigators. "This is what we do for our allies. They need help, so we're giving it to them." said the Chairman in a brief press conference. GIF Team 4 Leader Dr. Captain Nick Carraway said this, "We have come to aid a hurting friend. This is what you do, always."

Image Governor Falawi (G-RM)
Last edited by Galonica on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:52 pm

GIF Team Meets Hawai'ian Heads of State

Today, the 4th GIF led by Captain Dr. Nick Carraway met with Hawai'ian Prime Minister Adam Makahanaloa, along with their king Kawananokoa III. Along with them, they lunched with members of the Prime Minister's Cabinet. "It was a pleasure to meet them." says Dr. Carraway. "They're a humble people that don't have the typical arrogance of other monarchist nations. For that my team and I are very grateful."

Many Hawai'ian citizens are also happy for their arrival. "They're no doubt a huge welcome. Hopefully, we can resume our normal lives sooner with their help." says Prime Minister Makahanaloa.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:42 pm

New Executive Mansion Opened!

Since the brief unrest in Delfino following the Ansfield Scandals of 1992, the original Executive Mansion was condemned in a resulting firefight. Since then, Chairman Arouj, his staff, his Cabinet, and their staffs have occupied the Postle Museum of Central Galonican Antiquities. "I'm glad that the new mansion is finally open. We've all been waiting years for this to happen." says Executive Mansion Press Secretary CJ Concanon.

The center building has 28 floors. The West and East Wings each have 11 floors. The West Wing holds the offices of the Chairman, his staff, the Chief of Staff (equivalent to VP), his staff, and half the Cabinet and their staffs. The East Wing holds the offices of the First Lady and her staff, the other half of the Cabinet and their staffs, and the press briefing room. The main building is the Residence. The Wings both hold a variety of other conference rooms.

It was approved for building by Chairman Arouj 26 March 1997, two years into his rule. Construction has taken so long due to bugdet issues throughout the years and extensive inspections and planning. It was officially declared ready last week and was consecrated yesterday. Chairman Arouj and his family, the Chief of Staff and his family, and the government offices have moved in today. Chairman Arouj has stated that he will reopen the Postle Museum next week and help get it going again. A ceremony is expected this Friday.

The newly opened Executive Mansion
Last edited by Galonica on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Galonica returns to old Flag!

On Thursday 8 March 2012, at 22:34, Congress voted to return to the original flag of Galonica. The history of the flag is long and controversial. When Galonica was recognized as a colony, this flag was flown over Fort Erae in 1859. It was even flown into battle by the Galonican Continental Army, the revolutionaries under Chairman Caesar Arouj.

Many people are excited by the change. "This great." syas exuberant citizen Ferdinand Wilson. "We're returning to our proud history. We flew it in both World Wars and Korea. We flew it in the Revolution. It is a flag to be proud of." Chairman Arouj, who had proposed going back to it last spring, said this, "It's a great flag. It was flown proudly over Fort Erae, taking us through victory. My grandfather flew it into battle in the Revolution, and it is found out that he wanted to keep it as our flag."

Others, however, weren't so enthusiastic. "It's a symbol of our colonialism!" rants jinogist DC Stephenson, editor of the Vincennes Post. "The next thing we know, we'll be going back to the Colonial Confederacy of Galonica. No thank you."

Regardless, many people are happy to return a significant symbol of Galonican pride back to its place of glory.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:51 pm

State of Galonica Address

Today, at 20:00, Chairman Arouj began his State of Galonica Address to Congress. He talked about the war in Gearria, the peace talks in Terhendaim, the attacks in Hawai'i, and various domestic concerns. Here is a copy of his Address:

Thank you, Herr Speaker, Herr Pro Tempore, Senators, Representatives, and people of Galonica. Now, traditionally, the first State of Galonica Address occurs when Congress reconvenes 1 March. However, what with the events around the world, and the tragedies that have hit Galonica, it was pushed back. Now, I call Congress together to speak of Galonica's present state. I am proud to say that the State of Galonica is strong and getting stronger every day!

The war in Gearria is finally coming to a close, after two years of bloodshed. The unjustified attack by Jake Featherston and his crowd of hatemongers has not succeeded. Because of the valiant efforts of our troops and civilians, we have kept the Imperials from wiping out an ally. As we speak, the Traillopians are drafting a treaty to end the war on a peaceful note. Don't think we have lost this war. We have not, it was the Imperials that sued for peace. It was the dedicated forces of the Coalition that God has blessed! The Allied acts of genocide will not go unpunished by God. He's brewin' something up right now!

Recently, our Hawai'ian allies have suffered great pain. They have suffered two tragedies at the hands of Muslim extremists. The head of the LFF even praised their efforts. I just want to tell you that General Lee's days are numbered. We are working with Liluputia to end his campaign of terror in the Confederacy and the Republic. I had lunch with my brother today. As you all know, he's a Muslim cleric. We were talking about the attacks in Hawai'i. He told me, "Vo, those extremists are a pack of fake, stupid Muslims. Islam is a religion of peace and love, not blowing oneself up in a mall, flying into a skyscraper, or any other acts of "loyalty". Allah isn't happy with that. They need to re-read the Quran, granted they already have. They're just as bad as those that they're trying to destroy." To the Muslims of the world, don't align yourselves with those hypocrites. We have sent in investigators to Hawai'i and intend to stay until the extremists have been brought to justice.

We have also been hit with our own tragedies. Tornadoes have ripped through southern Galonica, and two towns in southern Galonica have been wiped off the map: Marysville and Henryville, Abex. There is a total of 50 dead, with thousands homeless. Our meteorologists are working to see how this happened. We're not in tornado season just yet. The people of Galonica have shown their dedication to their fellow citizens. Millions of marks, food, clothing, water, and building supplies have been sent to the towns. The Natural Law of Man states: Humans don't combine easily, but when it happens and we can get over our greed and evil as humans, we can not only survive, but thrive. This is a clear example. People of all races, religions, social statuses coming together to help out someone in need. We need more of that.

Education is a big issue. Every day, students drop out of school, believing that it's unrealistic. I propose a plan to get kids back in school, and I'll get it to you on Monday. Kids need to get back in school, they are our future. If they're not in school, then we're doomed to failure.

Galonica is getting stronger everyday, even as we speak our strength is growing. Let's keep it up for our children and their children. Thank you, good night.

Massive applause filled the House Chamber numerous times. It aired on all political stations and was viewed by a record-breaking 254 million people, about 34% being under 18 years of age. Those in attendance were the Chairman's family, his Cabinet, their respective families, the Legislators' families, Prime Minister Makahanaloa, his wife, the Hawai'ian Ambassador, and numerous others.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Treaty of Terhendaim Drafted

After two weeks, the Traillopians have finally brought the first draft of the Treaty of Terhendaim. In the close of 2011, the Imperial Gearrians proposed peace talks to end the war. Highlights of the treaty include war debts, plans for peace, and even fines for smart-ass comments. The delegates will be called back into session tommorow at noon to discuss the treaty.

Senator Colfax blames extremists

State Senator Shuyler Colfax (R-RM) stated today in a press conference that extremists are the reason for prejudice. "The extremists, particularly the Muslim extremists, are responsible for the world's misconception and maltreatment of Muslims." Senator Colfax, a Muslim has stated this in defense of Islam and to turn his fellow Muslims against the extremists. So far, it has worked. Muslims all over the Confederacy are signing petitions denouncing the extremists. They are working with Jews and Christians on the creation of a Pan-Abrahamic League. More on this story as it develops.

Senator Colfax (R-RM)
Last edited by Galonica on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Chairman Arouj Lands in Terhendaim

At about 17:13 today, Luft 1 landed in Terhendaim, Traillopia. Following two years of war, delegates from the belligerent nations in the Fourth Gearrian War have convened to end it through peace. The Chairman has arrived to sign the final draft of the Treaty alongside Ambassador Friedrich Taber and the other Allied and Coalition delegates. Minutes later, Liluputian Chairman Hans Brandt arrived in Terhendaim. Signing is expected to be next Friday.
Last edited by Galonica on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:17 pm

GO PIkE!!
Last edited by Galonica on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:54 pm

War Over! Treaty of Terhendaim Signed!

At 21:38 tonight, the Treaty of Terhendaim, which has been debated over since December, was signed by all delegations of the Fourth Gearrian War. It was made official by the signatures of Chairman Anez and Chief Justice Zeltwanger. Upon his return, Chairman Arouj said "Peace has now been achieved. Hopefully, we can maintain it."

Chairman Arouj signing the Treaty
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Field Marshal Murriets Retiring

With the Fourth Gearrian War over, Field Marshal Felix Murriets is finally retiring. He had originally planned to retire, but, as the Field Marshal puts it, "those bastards in the Freedom Party interrupted my retirement." But now, with peace on the Gearrian continent, he can finally lead a peaceful life.

Field Marshal Murriets began his military career in the Galonican Army in 1951. During the Revolution, he first served as a colonel in the Loyal Galonican Army to put down the Revolution. However, after the Battle of Puneet in July 1960, he began having second thoughts. He proved his military genius early on in the Revolution, gaining the respect and ire of the Arouj brothers. On 3 May 1961, he defected from the LGA and joined the GCA. Due to his experience, eventual Chairman Caesar Arouj gave him the rank of Major-General. Weeks before the Battle of Fort Galonica, he tried to take the colonial capital of Delfino. Heavily outnumbered, he pulled his men out under cover of night before he could be surrounded.

Following the Revolution, he was court-martialed for treason, but as Galonica gained its independence, he was aquited. Chairman Caesar Arouj made him the first Field Marshal. He commanded the Confederacy's troops during all of Galonica's conflicts.

Now that he is planning to retire, he will no longer command our troops. Who will lead? He said he will announce his successor during his retirement ceremony. "I plan on living out my days with my wife at the farm. A nice quiet life ought to be nice." said the Field Marshal in an interview. His ceremony will be on Friday.

Field Marshal Felix Murriets
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Supreme Court Rules ID Theft same as Murder

The ruling of Mulls v. Kapslinger has been announced. Seven months ago, Ferdinand Kapslinger was convicted of stealing the identity of Ira Mulls. Mulls, 86, is a veteran of the Revolution and served in the 16th Helios Volunteer Cavalry under Field Marshal Murriets in his attempt to take Delfino. Ferdinand Kapslinger, 32, was a veteran of the Second Gearrian War.

On 8 July 2011, Ira Mulls dined with his wife in South Bend, Aiko. Kapslinger, a waiter, rubbed Mr. Mulls's credit card and later proceeded to steal his identity. Talking to his banker for a move to Boca Island. It was revealed that he had reportedly spent $12,495 marks on an RV. After investigations, it was revealed his identity was stolen and the offender was found. Kapslinger was convicted of identity theft and sentenced to 15 years in prison.

In a court of appeals, the charge changed to murder and was sentenced to death. Since then, it has caught the attention of the Supreme Court. After seven months, the ruling has come out. Kapslinger will be sentenced to death and Ira Mulls will get his money back with interest in accordance of the Tills Act of 1997. Mr. Mulls, however wished for a different sentence. Since he did not suffer heavily as a result of Kaplinger's crime, he wished the charge to be changed to manslaughter and the sentence be ten years in prison with one year of rehab. The Justices agreed to the change.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Sun May 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Lee Killed!

At 13:52 today, Chairman Arouj gave the go-ahead for Operation: Resolution.

After years of searching, the GIF has located the headquarters of the all but defeated LFF. The Liluputian Freedom Fighters, founded by General Herman Lee in 1981, is a terrorist organization dedicated to the destruction of Galonica. They have committed acts of terrorism primarily in the border states of Onwa and Astar, but even going as far south as Helios. Their acts have typically been bombings in congested areas, but have included assasination attempts on several politicians.

However, following numerous strikes on their bases in the Postle Mountains and the fall of the Ansfield regime in Liluptia, the LFF's numbers have dwindled drastically. With the authorization of Operation: Resolution, the GIF was able to strike the main headquarters.

The 12th GIF, in an Mi-8 Hip, landed 5 miles east of the camp. After treking through the Darling Valley, the operatives climbed the east wall. Silently killing the sentries, they took over the heavy machine guns located in the towers and opened fire on the terrorists in the courtyard. After a 25 minute firefight, the 15 operatives stormed the main building. After another firefight, General Lee was captured. Shortly after, he was executed. His body was then hauled into the chopper, along with important LFF files. He was then dumped in the ocean.

Following their safe return, Chairman Arouj gave a speech.

"Good evening, Galonica and the world. This afternoon, I authorized Operation: Resolution, the mission to kill General Herman Lee. After 31 years and four leaderships, we have finally killed the LFF leader. If it were not for the bravery, sacrifice, and camradery of the 12th GIF - the GIF as whole - this would not have happened. Now, Galonicans can sleep soundly in their beds without the fear of an LFF attack. However, there are still small pockets of LFF in the mountains that we must still wipe out. We will not stop until every remnant of the Liluputian freedom Fighters is wiped out.

"There is still the matter of Hawai'i. Following these last few months, we have located the terrorists to the island of Hawai'i and are working with the McNernian SAS and Hawai'ian State Police forces to finish them off.

"These are steps in the war on terror, and the forces of good are prevailing. Thank you, good night."
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Wed May 16, 2012 6:14 pm

GNS Sudetes Outrage!

The Red Rising has hit Galonica! The Rising, which began in the town of Wheatly on 8 April, has resulted in numerous battles throughout Demphorian-Gearria. The Demophorians have closed the borders and are currently locked in bloody fighting to quell the rebellion.

The GNS Sudetes, a Mountain-class destroyer, was on patrol around Gearria. As it neared the west coast of Gearria, heavy storms began to develop. Attempting to enter Howes Harbor, she was turned away by a coastal battery. Finding a small opening in the storm, Captain Roth turned there to continue the patrol.

Sadly, the opening closed and the Sudetes was caught in the storm. Battling heavy rain, waves, and wind, Captain Roth began to turn the ship around. About five miles off the coast, he ordered the ship to be abandoned. Shortly after the order went out, the Sudetes capsized on her port side. Only half of the starboard boats were launched.

Captain Roth and 245 other sailors went down with the Sudetes. Only 52 sailors managed to survive the sinking.

As word reached the populace, a national outcry erupted. Citizens are outraged over Demphor's refusal of humanity. Protests are occuring outside the Demphorian Embassy. Foreign Minister Glencoe had this to say: "The actions of the Demphorian military are despicable. I don't care if there is a revolution going on in their territory, that is no excuse for a refusal of hospitality. Because of them, at least 246 sailors are dead." Chairman Arouj has stated that we will begin talking to the Demphorian government in order to avoid war, but also regards the Demphorian action as barbaric and thoughtless.

More on this story as it develops.

ImageProtesters in front of the Capitol Building in response to the GNS Sudetes Tragedy
Last edited by Galonica on Wed May 16, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Galonica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Galonica » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 am

Galonica Mourns Andy Griffith

TV's Andy Griffith passed away 3 June 2012 at the age of 86. Chairman Arouj, a devoted fan of the late star, declared a day of mourning.

Griffith, born Andrew Samuel Griffith, was born 1 June 1926 in Mount Airy, North Carolina. He began his career as a comedian before getting cast on A Face in the Crowd in 1958. He was best known for his role in The Andy Griffith Show (1960-1968) as Andy Taylor, the easygoing sheriff of the fictional Mayberry, North Carolina. He starred in the show alongside various other famous stars such as Don Knotts, Frances Bavier, Ron Howard, Jim Nabors, and many others. In 1999, the entire cast and crew were named Honorary Galonican Citizens by Chairman Arouj.Griffith also starred in Matlock (1986-1995) as legendary lawyer Ben Matlock.

Griffith was also a Southern Gospel, Bluegrass, and Country singer, and made many albums.

A Democrat, Griffith supported Barack Obama and Joe Biden in the 2008 election. He also starred in several videos supporting Medicare. In 1989, he turned down an offer by Democratic Party leadership to run against incumbent Senator Jesse Helms (R-NC), who he was beating in the polls. In 2005, Griffith was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President George W. Bush.

Griffith is survived by his wife Cindi Knight and his daughter Dixie Griffith.

RIP Andy (1926-2012)
Factbook
Military
Embassy Program
Galonica Today
Visit Galonica
Hoosier Democrat

Selzburg
Envoy

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Selzburg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Notice: I'm Galonica, this thread isn't dead. Please continue to read. Thank you.
Minister of Education: Christopher Hsu

Hoosier Democrat
Obama-Biden 2012
I am Galonica, and will be addressed as such.

Selzburg
Envoy

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Selzburg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Galonica Today is the Confederacy's top rated national news station. It can be compared to America's MSNBC. It is one of the most recognized stations on the Postlethwait, second only to Traillopia National News. It currently airs in Liluputia and Traillopia.

TG me if you want it to air in your country.
Minister of Education: Christopher Hsu

Hoosier Democrat
Obama-Biden 2012
I am Galonica, and will be addressed as such.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information