NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Main Battle Mech (No Tanks)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:46 am

The AnK-150A is a fully unmanned quadrupedal combat walker, and is armed with a pair of multi-barrel autocannons mounted on pneumatic crane-arms. It can also be equipped with medium-range vertical launch siege missiles. It also has the ability to transform into a cube when on standby, which looks like an ordinary container, adding an infiltration element.

- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

Jade Tigers
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Tigers » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:12 am

A top secret project still in the conceptual phases, Jade Tigers first mech has yet to even be named. However, a concept sketch has been leaked:
It would appear to be a multi-terrain unit, likely remote operated and possibly intended as infantry support, though it is hard to be certain given how little is actually known about the project.
Please vote in our current Elections! http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=242241

Reichsland
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 am

Reichsland's military briefly poured a large sum of money into developing a suit of mechanized infantry armor. When the time came for unveiling the prototype, the lead developer showed us this. We immediately fired him, cancelled the program, and burned everything that pertained to said program.

Demonym: Landser
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:54 am

Ularn wrote:
"we are most likely perfectly aware of how infeasible mechs would really be in real life"

Suddenly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1czBcnX1Ww.
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

Batista
Envoy

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Batista » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:36 pm

125mm autocannon x1
SRM launcher x2 10 missiles
MRM launcher x1 6 missiles
180mm Flamer x1
Vibroblade x1
Last edited by Batista on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.”
-Monty Python
PMT/FanT-The Militant Theocracy of Batista
FT- Theocratic Systems of Kathorium

Saraban Cortolrol
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saraban Cortolrol » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:44 pm

The "Mad Cat" Prototype, The guy who made this was fired soonafter

Batista
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Batista » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Saraban Cortolrol wrote:

The "Mad Cat" Prototype, The guy who made this was fired soonafter

Sunavabitch I think we hired the same guy

“NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.”
-Monty Python
PMT/FanT-The Militant Theocracy of Batista
FT- Theocratic Systems of Kathorium

Saraban Cortolrol
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saraban Cortolrol » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Okay, after the "Mad Cat" guy got fired we developed our own mech.

Introducing The C-7 Insectoid

The Robotech Expeditionary Force
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Robotech Expeditionary Force » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:27 pm

STATISTICS:
Designation: VHT-1
Mecha Class: Veritech hovertank.
Crew: 1 pilot.
Weight: 26.40 tons (dry)

HOVERTANK MODE
Length: 6.00 m
Height: 2.25 m
Width: 2.7 m
Max speed: 161 kph

GUARDIAN MODE
Length: 7.75 m
Height: 4.50 m
Width: 2.25 m
Max speed: 13 kph

BATTLOID MODE
Depth: 2.00m
Height: 6.20m
Breadth: 4.40m
Max speed: 56 kph

ARMAMENT
1 x single barrel 105mm high velocity cannon with 60 shells. This cannon is mounted in the right arm.
1 x 28mm beam cannon gun pod (Battloid mode) or mounted on the front in hovertank mode.
1 x triple-barreled 36mm pulse beam cannon mounted in the left arm

Paixao
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paixao » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Hey guys, looking for an image of a mech with this sorta description, can anybody help? (Yes... I've tried google, many times):

A legged design, the 3 oversized front legs are designed as giant shields, behind which infantry can take cover when assaulting fortified positions, advancing slowly under the suppression fire provided by two independently aimed 20mm autocannons. 2 smaller legs at the rear act to steady the UCV as it takes oncoming fire. The legs are built to withstand hits from all small arms fire and most shoulder fired RPGs, at a push, they might even be able to take a glancing shot from a tank.

Yes, I know it may not be a very realistic design. Not a problem in my region.

If somebody does know of an image like it, please TG me a link or something :)

Thanks!

(Approximate dimensions:
Height: 3m
Width: 4m
Length: 3.5m)
Last edited by Paixao on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

[Citations Needed]

Steampunk Mars
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Steampunk Mars » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Paixao wrote:Hey guys, looking for an image of a mech with this sorta description, can anybody help? (Yes... I've tried google, many times):

A legged design, the 3 oversized front legs are designed as giant shields, behind which infantry can take cover when assaulting fortified positions, advancing slowly under the suppression fire provided by two independently aimed 20mm autocannons. 2 smaller legs at the rear act to steady the UCV as it takes oncoming fire. The legs are built to withstand hits from all small arms fire and most shoulder fired RPGs, at a push, they might even be able to take a glancing shot from a tank.

Yes, I know it may not be a very realistic design. Not a problem in my region.

If somebody does know of an image like it, please TG me a link or something :)

Thanks!

(Approximate dimensions:
Height: 3m
Width: 4m
Length: 3.5m)

I might be able to lineart you one, but it might be a couple of weeks before I can get started. From your description this is an MT/early PMT vehicle, yes?
The year is 1893 | Queen Victoria II | Overall Factbook | The Solar System | May Contain Nuts
There is life on Mars. Real-world astronomy can go jump.

The United Federations
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Federations » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:50 pm

The main battle mechs of the United Federations are as follows,

The F-6t Bigfoot

And the B-3x Hotshot

Steampunk Mars
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Steampunk Mars » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:41 am

The United Federations wrote:The main battle mechs of the United Federations are as follows,

The F-6t Bigfoot
(Image)

And the B-3x Hotshot
(Image)

Hinged, open/closeable missile pods seem a bit silly, even for a mech. What if there's a short in the opening mechanism, or the motor that operates the doors burns out? You lose most of your offensive capability to a simple electrical problem which is going to happen at some point through general wear and tear. And Murphy being Murphy, you know it's going to happen at the most inconvenient time, right after your mech has lumbered off from the base where all the engineers and spares are and right before you're about to unleash a hail of missiles on your selected target.

What kind of corrosive weather do you have that your missiles need to be protected from but your mech's outer skin can survive?
The year is 1893 | Queen Victoria II | Overall Factbook | The Solar System | May Contain Nuts

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:51 am

Steampunk Mars wrote:Hinged, open/closeable missile pods seem a bit silly, even for a mech. What if there's a short in the opening mechanism, or the motor that operates the doors burns out? You lose most of your offensive capability to a simple electrical problem which is going to happen at some point through general wear and tear. And Murphy being Murphy, you know it's going to happen at the most inconvenient time, right after your mech has lumbered off from the base where all the engineers and spares are and right before you're about to unleash a hail of missiles on your selected target.

What kind of corrosive weather do you have that your missiles need to be protected from but your mech's outer skin can survive?

Wrong question. The right question would be what kind of corrosive weather he has that his missiles need to be protected from when loaded that will magically stop being a threat to them once they are fired.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

The UCNE
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The UCNE » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:16 am

http://www.artbytheodoric.hu/temp/mech/ ... WIP_01.jpg

Behold, the C-100 Heavy Walker

It Comes with a wide array of rockets, rockets and large caliber bullets.

The United Federations
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Federations » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:13 am

Both images are the prototype designs from the first 2 models made beforehand, which had the pod doors, the modernized versions of the F-6t Bigfoot and B-3x Hotshot don't actually have the pod doors (they did for the original designs and games they came from, but eventually are removed since they are seen as unnecessary)

Inutoland
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inutoland » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:41 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Steampunk Mars wrote:Hinged, open/closeable missile pods seem a bit silly, even for a mech. What if there's a short in the opening mechanism, or the motor that operates the doors burns out? You lose most of your offensive capability to a simple electrical problem which is going to happen at some point through general wear and tear. And Murphy being Murphy, you know it's going to happen at the most inconvenient time, right after your mech has lumbered off from the base where all the engineers and spares are and right before you're about to unleash a hail of missiles on your selected target.

Wrong question. The right question would be what kind of corrosive weather he has that his missiles need to be protected from when loaded that will magically stop being a threat to them once they are fired.

The missile being fired has a limited lifespan. It go up in de air. It come down on de bad guy. It go boom. Bye-bye, missile. It would probably survive long enough to get where it's going.
Note: Our NS page is not entirely accurate. Please use the Factbook.
Embassy Program (MT) | MT Factbook | Culture Test (MT) | FT Factbook
Economic Left/Right: -3.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

If you want to abbreviate my nation's name, I prefer "Inu"

Steampunk Mars
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Steampunk Mars » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:22 pm

The Morrigan-class steamjack. Statblock and full description under construction.

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Bullets?
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Regrettably...this thing
Length (Body): 2.50 m
Height: More than 15 meters
Width: 5 m
Max speed: 80 kph
Armor: Super-Heated aluminum placed with Carbon (Artificial Diamond), and added-on armor plates in our upgrade.
Main Armament: Photonic Directed Energy Cannon
Secondary Armament: Since Black Smoke would be a Chemical weapon, and we signed a treaty...we replaced the Smoke Launcher with a heavy rocket launcher.
Added on things: Apart from fitting in chaff grenades, we added an electronic counter-measures system, and an added on 7.62mm Machine Gun. Believe it or not, the oldest model actually had an added on DShK on the mounting.
Used Since: Classified...but they were apparently sold as scrap by the British who had an excess of these.
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:37 am

The Type 09 is a brand new (still being tested) mech developed secretly by the National Army. Information is classified.
The mechs are armed with a 12 cell rocket launcher, 3x 20mm autocannon fitted on top and an advance, solid state laser weapon.

Currently, ~9 have been built.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:50 am

Inutoland wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Wrong question. The right question would be what kind of corrosive weather he has that his missiles need to be protected from when loaded that will magically stop being a threat to them once they are fired.

The missile being fired has a limited lifespan. It go up in de air. It come down on de bad guy. It go boom. Bye-bye, missile. It would probably survive long enough to get where it's going.

I have to seriously ask what it is that's worth fighting over in such an environment.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Steampunk Mars
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Steampunk Mars » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:06 am

Purpelia wrote:
Inutoland wrote:

I have to seriously ask what it is that's worth fighting over in such an environment.

War is seldom logical. In 1939, Germany's #1 trading partner was... France.

Maybe they said his leader stank of oxygen. Maybe they tried to xenoform his home planet. Who knows?

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:31 am

Steampunk Mars wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I have to seriously ask what it is that's worth fighting over in such an environment.

War is seldom logical. In 1939, Germany's #1 trading partner was... France.

Maybe they said his leader stank of oxygen. Maybe they tried to xenoform his home planet. Who knows?

As a rule thou when you meet a place that is so obviously unlivable you should just nuke it from orbit rather than fighting over it. After all why preserve something you can't use?

Steampunk Mars
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Steampunk Mars » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:54 pm

You'd think. But a lot of FT ground combat shouldn't really exist.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information