NATION

PASSWORD

Wealth in your Nation?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vegetaria (Ancient)
Secretary

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vegetaria (Ancient) » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Regular meditation and the great ability to focus during it, adherence to daily prayer rituals, physical and mental health, skill and knowledge of bhajans (Hindu devotional songs), beautiful wife, children, material wealth.
Last edited by Vegetaria (Ancient) on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:18 pm

While net worth is a factor, the surest sign that someone is wealthy is if they have a clone of themselves. This is true for many of Frenequesta's richest, such as Rex Nerdett (a steel magnate), Lindsey Vissanageber (daughter of a petrochemical mogul and a retired representative to the Joplinian Congress), Geraldine Blood (the CEO of Frenequesta's largest native bank, Procyon Star Financial), and Ralph Seminole (a movie star), although of course, their clones are significantly younger than they are.
Last edited by Frenequesta on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Lanfang Republic (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lanfang Republic (Ancient) » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Our people are considered wealthy if they can afford things such as:
1. Luxurious food
2. Luxurious clothing
3. Luxurious dwelling
4. Luxurious vehicle
5. Luxurious gadget

Syleru
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Wealth (which is defined in Wikipedia as having an abundance of valuable resources and material possession) is often considered when a citizen or a group of individuals (or a business) owns a significant amount of luxurious materials, land and/or money which can be acquired via inheritance, personal gain or shared gain.

Syleru further defines being wealthy as qualifying for at least one of these:

- Making over $125 000 USD dollars a year, on a regular unchanged basis
- Owning a plot of land equal to or greater in value of $250 000
- Owning a house classified as a "Mansion" or "Estate" and having the currency to pay for all the bills required to maintain it without taking out loans or borrowing money
- Owning enough material possession to be valued equal to or greater than $250 000 and this includes vehicular possession
- Having the title "Noble or Nob" granted to you by the dictator respectfully and honorfully

If one qualifies for one-two of these titles, he/she is considered wealthy.

If one qualifies for three-four of these titles, he/she is considered very wealthy, or rich.

If one qualifies for five-six of these titles, he/she is considered ultra wealthy, or very rich.

Someone is completely and officially considered wealthy when Abraham Turen IV personally bestows the title of "Nob" on he/she, which he does quite frequently as more and more are achieving "wealthy" status.

Vincent Joanes NOB was the first official noble granted by Abraham Turen IV exactly three days after he gained power, and has actually reached Ultra Wealthy status in 2007, when his massive corporation for automobiles "SyleVehiclesCo" achieved it's sixty billionth dollar, and Vincent purchased his first mansion, finally nailing five out of six titles.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4
Tarvelia wrote:Environazis.

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.
★ PROUD MEMBER OF THE ANTI-COMMUNISM ALLIACE
Syleruian Information Links / Syleruian Carbon Output Index (Closed for now)

Expect me to edit my posts 3-4 times after I post them, I'm picky like that.

LandofWarriorWitch
Attaché

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby LandofWarriorWitch » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Democratic Koyro wrote:The Koy people have no concept of "Wealth"

^this. LandofWarriorWitch does not recognize the class system, rather our "economy" is barter and trade. Corporations are completely illegal as is private sector enterprise.
Joker, ME2 "This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! I have to spend all day computing pi because he plugged in the Overlord!"

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." Sir Winston Churchill, British politician (1874 - 1965)

I am very fond of truth, but not at all of martyrdom.~Voltaire

Allimanni
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Allimanni » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:04 pm

The amount of livestock you possess. The more cows or goats you have, the richer you are.

Dystara
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dystara » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

A noble name and at least one property on the Micemic coast.
...from the Diodovote of Dystara, and by the Principles of Purity; in the name of Rorsené, in the name of Ilvingr, in the name of Yus, in the
name of Buy do-Craah, in the name of Merard, in the name of Farrant, and in the name of all who gave of themselves for us and for Dystara.
State - Theoretically theocratic three-tier aristocracy of alliterators
Government - Tathate under Diodovote of 10
Population - 118,910,000 (1731
PP/2012 CE estimate)
Calendar - Parrah me-Nitringi (
PN = CE - 281)

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 am

A lot of money and a lot of material possessions. So people who own mansions/large plots of land and earn over $200,000 USD a year are considered wealthy.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

Povos do Mar
Envoy

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Povos do Mar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 am

A wealthy person in Povos do Mar would be a person who enjoys their life a great deal, or has a great many friends.

Kallstrom
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kallstrom » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:37 am

Everybody is wealthy in Kallstrom, because the country belongs to the people, instead of few capitalists.

New Asgariath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Asgariath » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:45 am

Thankfully, most of the wealth belongs to the intelligible upper class while the pathetic miserly disgusting filth known as the poor continue to rot in their own stupidity while trolling our upper classes.

-Senator Tarris

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 am

kind of a non concept. although generosity and creativity, especially in combination, earn a great deal of admiration and respect.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Ferdchental
Secretary

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ferdchental » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:04 am

Ferdchentalers measure their tru wealth by the relationship they have with the Living God. Without that strong spiritual bond, we are nothing but lost and depressed beings in this world without a purpose

However, as part of this world, we do have our foibles and weaknesses. We tend sometimes to place our personal desires first. When that happens, and it does fairly often with us, Aside from family and friends whom we value greatly, our weakness lies in class. A wealthy person in Ferdchental is one who has been recognized by the King and has had a title conferred upon him / her along with a small stipend by the government. There are very few of these individuals and the recogniotion is not easily given. However, once the title is conferred, and the stipend given, it cannot be taken away and is transferrable to descendents.
Rafael Straubezart - King of Ferdchental, Protector of Yogelstadt, Duke of Dedandiya

Du sollst nicht weinen
Bismark was misunderstood

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information