NATION

PASSWORD

The One-Stop Shop to Yohannes

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Alright, just one question:

What is the opinion of the Yohannesian government and people of the Reformed Republican Union of Orlkjestad?
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:30 pm

Sorry, I've been updating my other threads and stuff, will respond now.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Vlack Sturm wrote:OOC: A Flemmish-Germanic nation? Jesus. I will make love with ya. :P

Its not really a Flemish-Germanic nation, Vlack. Its more of a mix between 1970s Rhodesia, 1980s South Africa, the second period of the British Empire, and that of (weird I know) Swedish economic model and German social market model mixed into one.

Vlack Sturm wrote:Anywho, question time.

Sure

Vlack Sturm wrote:what is the IC stance toward the Sturmian Federation?

In-Character wise, since the Sturmian Federation is located in the roleplaying region of Ellorea, His Majesty's Government consider the maintenance of diplomatic relation with the Sturmian Government to be important, though not as a first in-line priority, but nevertheless still, important.

Furthermore, due to the fact that Trivval is a dominion of the Yohannesian Crown Commonwealth Realms, and Tarler/St.George of England, is an important allied state to Yohannes, thus the maintenance of good relationship with Sturmia, suit in conjunction with Yohannes' historical and current geo-political presence in Ellorea.

Vlack Sturm wrote:Is Lutheranism in the role plays we will be doing known as the Jakobsenite Church?

Pardon...?

Vlack Sturm wrote:And.

What happened to Crown Princess Ceara?

Retconned. :lol2:
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:06 am

MInroz wrote:What is the Yohannes' view of Minroz?

Well, In-Character wise, it would be the following:

• The acknowledgement of Minroz as a sovereign nation, due to the fact that a Minrozian embassy has been established within the Yohannesian home island in Gholgoth. His Majesty's Government has furthermore established its embassy within the nation of Minroz.
  • VMK Aktiengesellschaft has informed His Majesty's Ministry of Defence upon the importance of maintaining a positive diplomatic relationship with the Minrozian Government, due to the fact that it was thanks to the Minrozian Government's previous significant amount of defence contracts and orders that many Yohannesian jobs were created and formed, thereby further boosting the healthy manufacturing and high-technology engineering industry within the Yohannesian Home Island.

Snefaldia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Snefaldia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:53 am

OOC: I love this thread format so much I may need to pilfer it. With credit, of course. :p

IC: There are several questions:

• What is the current Yohannesian position on the international involvement of the States-Federation of Snefaldia, as it pertains to trade and foreign policy?
  • What is the Yohannesion position on the Western Atlantic region as a whole pertaining economy, trade, and monetary policy?
  • What is the Yohannesian position on Western Atlantic nations in particular in the same spheres?
  • Does the Yohanessian government have a position on the World Assembly?
  • Is there any support for increased trade relations with the States-Federation of Snefaldia?

Thank you for your time.
Welcome to Snefaldia!
Also the player behind: Kartlis & Sabaristan

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:37 pm

Snefaldia wrote:OOC: I love this thread format so much I may need to pilfer it. With credit, of course.

Feel free to steal the format Snef. Also, question and answer session in this thread is OOC in nature, so no need to specify the OOC and IC tag. :p

Snefaldia wrote:What is the current Yohannesian position on the international involvement of the States-Federation of Snefaldia, as it pertains to trade and foreign policy?

Positive mainly. His Majesty's Government and the States-Federation Government of Snefaldia has never interacted with each other that much, thus with the limited knowledge which His Majesty's Government have towards the existence of Snefaldia as nation, nothing much can be gathered.

Of course, recently a trade agreement has been established. It signalled the increasing positive points which His Majesty's Government hold towards Snefaldia and her government. Plus, the Snefaldian Government is known by His Majesty's Ministry of Defence as a loyal client to both VMK AG and Yohannesische Bundesbank.

Snefaldia wrote:What is the Yohannesion position on the Western Atlantic region as a whole pertaining economy, trade, and monetary policy?

Largely neutral. His Majesty's Government has not discovered much about the Western Atlantic region yet (if this is a Europa Universalis III type of game; it would be terra-incognita), with the exception of course, of both Knootoss and Snefaldia, which His Majesty's Government hold in high regard and view positively.

Snefaldia wrote:Does the Yohanessian government have a position on the World Assembly?

His Majesty's Government and the Yohannesian Crown quit the World Assembly ever since the amalgamation of the nineteen countries throughout the late 18th century. The reason was due to the fact that His Majesty's Government held no wish to acknowledge the various binding legislations and effects which without a shadow of one's doubt would've accompany a membership within the aforesaid international organisation.

However, His Majesty's Government is as of the present a neutral observer of the World Assembly, due to the fact that various closely aligned states of Yohannes and positively viewed fellow nations, such as that of Karita (Scandavian States), Minoa and Knootoss being members of the aforesaid organisation.

Snefaldia wrote:Is there any support for increased trade relations with the States-Federation of Snefaldia?

At the present, His Majesty's Government hold a positive view towards such an initiative, although none has been recommended by King Aurel III yet.

Tedoka
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tedoka » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 am

What do government of Yohannes thinks of the Kingdom of Tedoka, and of Europeia in general?

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:12 am

Tedoka wrote:What do government of Yohannes thinks of the Kingdom of Tedoka, and of Europeia in general?

His Majesty's Goverment positively views the Kingdom of Tedoka and her government; both economically and diplomatically. As of the recent, economic advisors to the Court of King Aurel III discovered the potential which the economy of Tedoka have towards overseas foreign investors.

Furthermore, His Majesty's Office of Foreign Affairs & Trade is currently considering the implementation upon a proposal for the Yohannesian Crown to invest within the private sector of Tedoka. However, further research will still need to be completed, before such a proposal will be forwarded towards the government of Tedoka.

The ambassador of Yohannes in Tedoka furthermore keep an up-to-date monthly analysis of Tedoka.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:13 am

[OOC: Some of these are horribly vain questions, sorry. Although I imagine that IC Radiatians would have a sort of envy/competitiveness towards Yohannes... sort of the way Germany viewed England before World War One.]

1. What is the current economic outlook for Yohannes, given the income divide and the fact that it appears to be* selling treasury bonds (and getting itself in debt) to finance public works?

*I could be wrong of course.

2. How do the Yohannesian people feel about the (admittedly rather piddly) investment that Radiatia has made in the country? Indeed, how do they feel about foreigners in general. (The people, not the government).

3. (OOC: Vain one) How does the Yohannesian Commonwealth view the Radiatian Federation, and does it think there will be closer ties in the future?

4. Does Yohannes have any intention of establishing an embassy in the Radiatian Federation?

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:18 am

That is fine. Sorry for not replying until now Radiatia.

1. What is the current economic outlook for Yohannes, given the income divide and the fact that it appears to be* selling treasury bonds (and getting itself in debt) to finance public works?

Yup, you're wrong. His Majesty's Government allows the selling of treasury bond not because it is lacking the fiscal capacity to finance and/or invest domestically. In fact, through various governmental-guided entities such as that of VMK AG, Royal Beaufort Shipwrights Guild and Yohannesische Bundesbank, the Yohannesian government invest considerably overseas throughout no less than one hundred nations (list can be seen by visiting the Yohannesische Bundesbank storefront).

The reason for the treasury bond's release was due to the fact that high-tech investment and high intensity R&D requirements domestically would've absorbed the available investment fund which will generate higher return by channeling it overseas, instead of injecting it domestically. There are tons of other background as well, though the other reason's due to the fact that I want to be one of the few players in NS that actually roleplay something negative about my economy (that of bond release to indicate one of my IC shortcoming), instead of roleplaying everything as rosy and perfection in a wonderland of no weakness.

2. How do the Yohannesian people feel about the (admittedly rather piddly) investment that Radiatia has made in the country? Indeed, how do they feel about foreigners in general. (The people, not the government).

Has Radiatia invest inside Yohannes..? I don't think you've posted in the Yohannesische Bundesbank or my Foreign & Trade Office in Fb&I regarding any IC offer of investment. I might be wrong, of course, because I am simply remembering it off-hand by memory.

Regarding the second point; think of the common Yohannesians as that of South Africans, but with ~70% European (though I don't IC-wise call it "European", because Europe does not exist in my world), instead of a black African majority. Generally, Yohannesians are not very conservative social-wise (not really ever since the end of an apartheid-like period on ~1970s) yet are not very socially liberal as well. Thus, Yohannesians in general don't view foreigners as inherently bad or good; depending within each circumstance, such as the social seat of the specific foreigner, wealth, culture, etc.

3. (OOC: Vain one) How does the Yohannesian Commonwealth view the Radiatian Federation, and does it think there will be closer ties in the future?

Perhaps ;)

4. Does Yohannes have any intention of establishing an embassy in the Radiatian Federation?

Yes, I will establish a Yohannesian diplomatic mission in the form of an embassy in your programme soo

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:57 am

Has Radiatia invest inside Yohannes..?

Yes we have.

Although I'd forgotten about these questions, looking back on them... yeah I got a lot of stuff wrong.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:03 am

When did Radiatia invested inside Yohannes..? I must've forgotten about this. :p

Greater Mackonia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mackonia » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:03 am

What is or what would be Yohannes opinion on the Mack species.
The Agonocracy of Greater Mackonia
"Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser."
-Donald J. Trump.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:08 am

Yohannes wrote:When did Radiatia invested inside Yohannes..? I must've forgotten about this. :p

We bought a fair share of treasury bonds, and we SHOULD have an account somewhere in Yohannesiche Bundesbank (although I can't seem to locate it...)
Last edited by Radiatia on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:16 am

Radiatia wrote:We bought a fair share of treasury bonds, and we SHOULD have an account somewhere in Yohannesiche Bundesbank (although I can't seem to locate it...)

Ahh.. of course! It has been recorded within the list of bond holders located in the main investment thread, so I guess it was utterly my fault for not even double-checking there (and instead went by memory). Also, I've located your post at the Yohannesische Bundesbank thread, by the way. So that as well :p

Greater Mackonia wrote:What is or what would be Yohannes opinion on the Mack species.

In-Character wise, His Majesty's Government has not yet heard any Yohannesian diplomatic and economic multilateral relationships with any known Mackonian-cultural based entities and/or nations.

Venolia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Venolia » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:37 pm

We have had very few relations -- if any -- but what does Yohannes (the Nation) think of Venolia (the Nation)?
World Factbook Entry of Venolia
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! "I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these!?" Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give the Imperium Novum of Venolia lemons! "Do you know who I am? I'm the nation who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!"
IMPERIUM NOVUM OF VENOLIA
PAX PER BELLVM
ROMULUS AURELIUS II
GOD BLESS VENOLIA

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:18 am

Venolia wrote:We have had very few relations -- if any -- but what does Yohannes (the Nation) think of Venolia (the Nation)?

I do not think that we've ever had any diplomatic relations with one another in the past... if I remember correctly. Have you established a consulate or embassy inside Yohannes, In-Character wise?

Venolia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Venolia » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:54 am

Yohannes wrote:
Venolia wrote:We have had very few relations -- if any -- but what does Yohannes (the Nation) think of Venolia (the Nation)?

I do not think that we've ever had any diplomatic relations with one another in the past... if I remember correctly. Have you established a consulate or embassy inside Yohannes, In-Character wise?

Um... I'm not sure, I don't think we have.
But, anyways! This is still a good factbook. :)
World Factbook Entry of Venolia
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! "I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these!?" Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give the Imperium Novum of Venolia lemons! "Do you know who I am? I'm the nation who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!"
IMPERIUM NOVUM OF VENOLIA
PAX PER BELLVM
ROMULUS AURELIUS II
GOD BLESS VENOLIA

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks..! Its still massively under construction, though.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Content updated, specifically politics and history.

Syleru
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Yohannes, I have a question.

- Based on interactions or worldwide news, what is the Commonwealth's opinion on the Autocratic Establishment of Syleruias?
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4
Tarvelia wrote:Environazis.

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.
★ PROUD MEMBER OF THE ANTI-COMMUNISM ALLIACE
Syleruian Information Links / Syleruian Carbon Output Index (Closed for now)

Expect me to edit my posts 3-4 times after I post them, I'm picky like that.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Mostly positive. :)

I don't see any IC reasons as to why our relation will be hostile towards one another, though I am not sure myself; what is the culture of Syleru like..?

Syleru
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Yohannes wrote:Mostly positive. :)

I don't see any IC reasons as to why our relation will be hostile towards one another, though I am not sure myself; what is the culture of Syleru like..?

Very environmentally friendly, always seeking renewable energies to sustain, not exploit the Earth. The crime in Syleru is non-existent thanks to heavy funding to Law & Order. Citizens are very friendly toward one another and one could compare it to Matrix, except this is real, not a fantasy and my citizens are not caught in a landslide and can escape reality by travelling away to one of our other islands, each with it's own specific culture. Being an archipelago, citizens are often caught in a rivalry with other islands.

Overall it's very pleasant if you obey the plethora of laws, there is non-existent pollution and environmental is minimal as the technological progress made by our dedicated scientists allows us to find "greener" and "greener" ways of building and exploiting.

[Did you see any Queens references?]
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4
Tarvelia wrote:Environazis.

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.
★ PROUD MEMBER OF THE ANTI-COMMUNISM ALLIACE
Syleruian Information Links / Syleruian Carbon Output Index (Closed for now)

Expect me to edit my posts 3-4 times after I post them, I'm picky like that.

United Earthlings
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United Earthlings » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:55 am

From your factbook, "The Commonwealth Navy, or more commonly referred to overseas as the Royal Commonwealth Navy".

Why I'm posting that and hence my question: Ignoring national pride and an earlier founding date I'd be interested on your take {confusion wise for other nations} on their being two Royal Commonwealth Navies, Mine & Yours.

Who gets dibs, what compromises must be met or does this mean war {over bragging/naming rights}?

One other thing, {see sarcasm enter}, I was also going to name an Aircraft Carrier design I was working on as the Commonwealth Class, so thanks for stealing that you selfish bastard, now I have to come up with another name. :roll: :p

Never Mind, just thought of another name, you better not steal that too or so be it... :evil: :roll:

P.S. For comparison here's my nation's Navy Registry and so you don't steal my other armed forces branches names here's the other three branches.

That is all...
Commonwealth Defence Export|OC Thread for Storefront|Write-Ups
Embassy Page|Categories Types

You may delay, but time will not, therefore make sure to enjoy the time you've wasted.

Welcome to the NSverse, where funding priorities and spending levels may seem very odd, to say the least.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 am

I hope you do realise, UE, that the Commonwealth Navy is not the Navy of Yohannes, isn't it..? :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information