NATION

PASSWORD

The One-Stop Shop to Yohannes

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Lykosia wrote:I have three questions for you! ^__^

1) What is your opinion about the Unitary Republic of Lykosia?

2) I have noticed that discrimination towards the Black Yohannesian is exists (CMIIW, though). Then how the Yohannesians treat sentient ponies in their nation? Are they treated properly by the government and the other Yohannesians without discrimination or otherwise? In short, is speciesism also exists?

3) Connected to the previous questions, what is your (IC) thoughts on pony/ponyist nations and the Coalition of Ponyist States?

And reply quickly D:<

Fine, I'll reply now. >:

1.) In-Character wise, the Yohannesian Government held a favourable view towards that of the Unitary Lykosian Government. There has been, of course, a few historical strain upon that relationship (such as the Lykosian Pony crisis back then, when we rp'ed a crisis against one another IC-wise), however in overall the view has always been that of a positive one.

2.) Don't worry, IC-wise Yohannes do not mistreat its pony minorities :p (I don't usually rp'ed this as canon when I am rping with non-pony nations, however, since in this particular case you're roleplaying as a pony nation IC0-wise, thus I will apply this so that it can suit our IC relationship more)

3.) Relatively positive. IC-wise, His Majesty's Government maintain mutually favourable diplomatic and economic relationships with various CoPS nations, such as that of Crystal Spires, Lubyak and finally, Lykosia itself.

[Edited: fixed one missing word]
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Founded: Jan 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Yohannes wrote:
The UEG-Space Command wrote:The thing is ignore cannons are very immature, if you want to ignore someone then just do it, you don't need to drag your attention on it.

And lastly my question was not answered. Either you answer a question or don't, I don't force anything because I can't force anything on anyone, Yohannes is not my nation to decide what it does.

Ignore cannons are indeed immature, as you put it. However, mixing modern technology with future technology to gain an advantage for yourself, expressing your disapproval towards others than does not want to submit their sovereignty (IC wise) because you believe that you do have the absolute right to enforce Future Technology towards that of Modern Technology?

Bad.

Correction, I never said we would take your sovereignty.

I am, in fact, quite open-minded to the mix interaction of simultaneous technology (or let's say, a MT and FT entities rp with one another). I've roleplayed extensively with various fantasy-themed nations, and even in one case a PMT-FT nation.

However, when you try to enforce your view that you can simply override the well-established fact that one cannot mix MT and FT to gain a geo-political and military edge over other roleplayers, instead of doing so to co-operatively write an interesting story and scenario between the aforesaid FT and MT nations, then... yeah, I don't know dude.

The thing is ignore cannons are very immature, if you want to ignore someone then just do it, you don't need to drag your attention on it.

What I am curious about was the fact that you posted this:

The UEG-Space Command wrote:Upon first contact with a MT nation the UNSC has distinct protocol to try and make peace with them and start diplomacy, but not to baby feed contacts. The UNSC will most likely unofficially ask if Yohannes would like to have a representative in the UEG as a semi member which would help them be protected with ease as it would be considered a part of the UEG (while retaining full sovereignty.)

I don't know if anyone have told you this before, but you cannot really.. uhmm.. mix MT with FT, expect everyone to follow up with your idea, and complaint about how "immature" it would be for others to complain about your (without a doubt) shaky Rp'ed proposal.

It is called a hypothetical question, some MT players already RP with me because they are interested in good stories and interesting situations, however like the question said the UNSC would ask, not force.

The UEG-Space Command wrote:Either you answer a question or don't

Not really. I would actually love to answer your question, but I don't really like your poor OOC/Out-of-character manner and tone, therefore I am not going to answer your question.

No, I am just acting how I usually do, if you make a thread and have the words questions + Answers in the title, you should expect people asking questions and wishing for a answer.

And yes, there's nothing that you can do about it, because this is my thread and I am the OP. You have got to learn OOC ettiqutte and boundary before you start posting, and control the tone of your OOC manner. I would also suggest for you to read this: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=75017

Mixing Modern Technology (MT) and Future Technology (FT) and OOC-wise trying to prove that you are right? = Bad idea.

Never tried mixing it to say I was right, don't feed false information please

The UEG-Space Command wrote:if you want to ignore someone then just do it, you don't need to drag your attention on it.

Well, you did ask about how I will react in such a situation (whereby you will try to enforce your Future Technology Rp'ed world into my Modern Technology Rp'ed world, and then expect me to submit my sovereignty to you, as a blunt way of translating your previous post).

Therefore, I simply answer your question all along.. did I?

Last time I said you wouldn't lose your sovereignty

Also, please don't think of me of being condescending here. I, in fact, am simply interested to hear your explanation more regarding this. I value open discussion, and this is me simply trying to discuss this with you openly, as a fellow roleplayer in NationStates. (please don't think that I am being angry or anything, I am not).

Good attempt at trying to calm me down with that last sentence, because honestly I am feeling sorta disrespected, read it over please, I anger easy so when people fail to read the hole post or something it usually makes me mad.

And just to add to the fact, having a nice colorful name and rank doesn't make you always right, not saying you are acting that way but I am just foreshadowing something that might be a possibility, as many respectable people have acted distasteful before and thus cause these types of reminders. Your not always going to be right, I am not always going to be right, heck the MODS are never going to be right, were all human so I want to get any sorta (Think your right) type of response out of the way right here because usually when people fail to discuss that crucial aspect of a conversation things deteriorate quickly.

Now I find the easiest way to go about this is simple, why do you feel so threatened by a FT player? It seemed like you went out of your way to say you would not RP with me before you even addressed the role play aspect. I have been in a good amount of decent RP's usually because i never managed to get into a good one that went for a while which is why I would rather type stories or not bother to post much in threads. Also lastly just so you know, I never said I was going to take your Sovereignty, I said you would be asked to have a representative so protection from interstellar threats could be done easier and I never tried to enforce anything as it was as said a hypothetical question.

Edit: Also I did have a real crappy day.
Last edited by The UEG-Space Command on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For too many years, humanity was on the backfoot. Reacting to threats, rather than preventing them. Rest of the galaxy was bigger than us. Stronger than us. We were mice, hiding in the shadows, hoping the giants would not see us. No more. Humanity is no longer on the defense. We are the giants now."

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
—Leonard Church

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:38 pm

You didn't answer my questions, Yohannes.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Lamoni wrote:You didn't answer my questions, Yohannes.

Yes, I will answer it after I've finished my discussion with The UEG-Space Command, Lamoni.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Let me put this nicely, we are all equal. I have never disrespect you, in any way at all.

However, ever since your first post in this thread, your OOC/out-of-character manner has been poor and your tone has been cold. You want others to be nice to you..? Well than I would suggest for you yourself to do that towards your fellow roleplayers. If you do have an anger issue, as you've put in your signature here:

This is quoted from your signature

Note: I do have some mild anger issues, not so mild in person but with the recent stress going on please don't try and start anything, I just want to take things nice and smooth.

It is not your right to expect others to accept your poor OOC attitude and anger issue.

The UEG-Space Command wrote:And just to add to the fact, having a nice colorful name and rank doesn't make you always right, not saying you are acting that way but I am just foreshadowing something that might be a possibility, as many respectable people have acted distasteful before and thus cause these types of reminders. Your not always going to be right, I am not always going to be right, heck the MODS are never going to be right, were all human so I want to get any sorta (Think your right) type of response out of the way right here because usually when people fail to discuss that crucial aspect of a conversation things deteriorate quickly.

As you have said yourself here:
not saying you are acting that way but I am just foreshadowing something that might be a possibility

That is not needed. Just by browsing my entire posting history, you will know that I have never disrespect any other roleplayers in NationStates. Therefore, I hope that you will cease from accusing me of being an elitist.

The UEG-Space Command wrote:Edit: Also I did have a real crappy day.

Just because you have a "real crappy day" (as you've said yourself), it does not grant you the right to throw your tantrum at others in NationStates. Again, I do completely understand how you feel, but I am merely trying to explain to you (and I hope you will understand) that having a bad day in real life does not grant you the right to throw your OOC-IC weight at others in the roleplaying forum of NationStates.

We can continue this over telegram, from where we can further discuss this together (and perhaps roleplay together and/or discuss why you're having the feeling of being secluded from the main roleplaying community of NS, as you've put it yourself with your previous post). For now, it seems that the conversation has gone off-topic.

Again, let's continue this over telegram, so that we can discuss it without spamming the thread with off-topic conversation.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Lamoni wrote:1.) What is the Yohannesian opinion of the Free Republic of Lamoni?
2.) How would the whites react to a massive organized rebellion by the black and colored populations?
3.) How do you think that both Lamoni and Yohannes are doing in our respective version of "The Great Game?"

1.) In-Character/IC wise, the people of Yohannes and the Yohannesian Government has always held an opinion of high regard towards that of the Free Republic of Lamoni. However, there has been some rumour from within the upper governmental echelon that the Yohannesian Government has recently voiced its disapproval of Lamoni's high-handed, undiplomatic attitude towards slaver states.

2.) Hmmm... that's an interesting question, actually. It'll probably be brutal, although in the age of information technology I can foresee that eventually, the political cause of the oppressed black and coloured majority will triumph eventually (its just inevitable really, and I will most likely roleplay this. It'll be awesome, yet at the same time I know of the negative implication which this will have on the Yohannesian economy, In-Character/IC wise).

3.) It has never been of the Yohannesian government's interest to, in anyway whatsoever, threaten the Lamonian sphere of influence internationally. (I am confused on this one Lamoni, by "The Great Game", would it be a similar version of the Russo-British great game during the height of the middle-late imperialism era throughout the Minor-Middleeast asian regions?)

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Well Yohannes, do you mind if I steal this FB format? Its top notch.

Another question, what are the nessacry steps that have to be made for the Commonwealth to be offically at war?
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

When refering to me ICly, please use the proper term Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor, not Ngāti of Onekawa-Nukanor. Thank you.

Sensal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sensal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 pm

1) What does the Yohannesian Commonwealth think about the Imperial Republic of Sensal?

2) If a state were to launch an invasion of Sensal and the Imperial Republic requested the Yohannesian Commonwealth to intervene, would the Yohannesian Commonwealth come to the aid of the Sensalian state?

3) When coming to the question of economic policy, does the Yohannesian Commonwealth believe in complete unregulated international trade or does it tend to lean more toward mercantilist policies of protecting domestic industries?
The Imperial Republic of Sensal
Domain of His Royal and Imperial Highness Gyungi Younghyun

Capital - Hanyang
Population - 60,531,000
GDP(PPP) - 4.74 trillion USD
Demonym - Sensalian

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:Well Yohannes, do you mind if I steal this FB format? Its top notch.

Go ahead Onekawa. :p

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:Another question, what are the nessacry steps that have to be made for the Commonwealth to be offically at war?

Hmm... an inteesting question. In-Character/IC wise:

List of possible causes:
  • An official or de-facto existing blockade upon home island Yohannes in Gholgoth
  • An official declaration of war towards Yohannes from foreign entities. (obviously)
  • An attack upon any Yohannesian maritime vessels (in a neutral situation), up to three times. At the third time that such has been done by the same entity, an official declaration of war would follow rightly.
  • Yeah.. the list goes on and on...

List of steps:
  • The Monarch of Yohannes (His Majesty Aurel III) hold the supreme authority and reserve the right to declare an official war acknowledgement and situation.
  • The Lord's Council (18 (minus the King of Yohannes himself) reigning monarchs of Yohannes' nineteen monarchical countries, which act as the sole parliament of the Commonwealth) do not have any real capacity to override His Majesty Aurel III at all, de-jure. However, de-facto, the Monarch of Yohannes (will most obviously) ask the support of the Lord's Council in such a situation.

In essence, the Monarch of Yohannes hold the supreme authority and reserve the right to declare war whenever he wishes to do as so.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Sensal wrote:1) What does the Yohannesian Commonwealth think about the Imperial Republic of Sensal?

As one of Yohannes' notable oil exporters, the security of the Sensalian Imperial Republic stood high within His Majesty's Government agenda. The Foreign & Trade Office has expressed its relief by the fact that, compared to other continents and regions, Sensal's location within the region of Ellorea has assured her the regional stability and security she needed to thrive economically.

His Majesty's Government hold an interest to, perhaps sometime in the future, conduct a more closer, bilateral trade agreement and negotiation with that of the Imperial Sensalian Government.

Sensal wrote:2) If a state were to launch an invasion of Sensal and the Imperial Republic requested the Yohannesian Commonwealth to intervene, would the Yohannesian Commonwealth come to the aid of the Sensalian state?

As clearly explained previously, the answer is a yes.

Sensal wrote:3) When coming to the question of economic policy, does the Yohannesian Commonwealth believe in complete unregulated international trade or does it tend to lean more toward mercantilist policies of protecting domestic industries?

The former rather than the latter.
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Premislyd wrote:How does the Yohannesian populace and Government view the Imperial and Royal Empire of Premislyd?

Nice thread btw.

Thanks Prem :p

I am sure you know the long answer already, by now. Yes, the mainstream of Yohannesian people has always favourably look upon the Imperial and Royal Land, and her people. Regarding that, I want to ask you another question; What role(s), if there's any, does the Imperial and Royal Majesty of Premislyd play within the country's government?

Being an Absolute Monarchy, you could imagine that Her Imperial and Royal Majesty plays quite an important role in both domestic and external affairs. Of course though, having a oh so busy schedule of a monarch, there are hundreds of ministers that deal with State level affairs, although all decisions must ultimately be approved by Her Imperial and Royal Majesty before they can be put into action.

Just to keep the ball rolling: If (and rather unfortunately too) war were to break out as a result of the current Liberian situation (not including whether or not Quendi or New Edom started it), how exactly would His Majesty and the Yohannesian Commonwealth react to this, and what would their plans be in order to ensure the sovereignty of Yohannesian territory within the region of Xanadou?
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Premislyd wrote:Being an Absolute Monarchy, you could imagine that Her Imperial and Royal Majesty plays quite an important role in both domestic and external affairs.

Interesting... I automatically assume that In-Character Premislyd is not an absolute monarchy, in fact. I am surprised by this, I initially thought its more of a constitutional monarchical nation, with a mix of Austria-Hungary (by the end of 1916, in which it has started to adopt progressive constitutional monarchical characteristics, mainly due to the threat of dissolution, and by 1917 as a way to bring a concession towards the future allies and various nationalist elements within the Empire itself).

Premislyd wrote:Of course though, having a oh so busy schedule of a monarch

I am sure the monarch is very busy :p

Premislyd wrote:there are hundreds of ministers that deal with State level affairs, although all decisions must ultimately be approved by Her Imperial and Royal Majesty before they can be put into action.

Okay, so its quite similar to the second German Empire by concept then. One further thought come to my mind... technically speaking, is the Imperial and Royal Land itself an agglomeration of estates owned by His Imperial and Royal Majesty, or is it technically just a sovereign state with His Imperial and Royal Majesty as its sovereign monarch by divine right?

Premislyd wrote:Just to keep the ball rolling: If (and rather unfortunately too) war were to break out as a result of the current Liberian situation (not including whether or not Quendi or New Edom started it), how exactly would His Majesty and the Yohannesian Commonwealth react to this, and what would their plans be in order to ensure the sovereignty of Yohannesian territory within the region of Xanadou?

In-Character wise, Yohannes and Her Crown Commonwealth Realms will most probably support whichever side Lamoni is on.
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:04 pm

What are the Ranks (and Insignias if produced) of the Commonwealth Military?

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Celritannia wrote:What are the Ranks (and Insignias if produced) of the Commonwealth Military?

Hmmm... Dunno really, I haven't dwell on that side of the military yet, because I consider it boring and unnecessary, in comparison to focusing instead upon a nation's culture, tradition, economy, political system, etc.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Celritannia wrote:What are the Ranks (and Insignias if produced) of the Commonwealth Military?

Hmmm... Dunno really, I haven't dwell on that side of the military yet, because I consider it boring and unnecessary, in comparison to focusing instead upon a nation's culture, tradition, economy, political system, etc.

I find the military side, as well as the political system more interesting :lol:.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

The Eagleland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eagleland » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:22 pm

I have several questions for you, Yohannes.

1: I understand that you may need to make a factbook for your military at some time. Until then, would you mind divulging some information (like numbers) about your own military?
2: Have there been several insurgencies against the monarchy in the history of Yohannes?

Other than that, I have no further questions. (Quite embarrassing, eh?)
And as I understand that you may find the Military factbook boring, I may have to agree with you on that, since I am working on my factbook and it is neither easy nor interesting to post about the Military in great detail...
Last edited by The Eagleland on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:35 pm

The Eagleland wrote:I have several questions for you, Yohannes.

Sure :)

The Eagleland wrote:1: I understand that you may need to make a factbook for your military at some time. Until then, would you mind divulging some information (like numbers) about your own military?

I haven't really thought out the strategic active and reserve numbers of the army and air force branch, but the Commonwealth Navy (the navy of not just home island Yohannes in Gholgoth, but that of Yohannes and Her Commonwealth Empire as a whole worldwide) has an estimated budget of $12.715 trillion, 45,767,893 personnel on active duty and 14,047,930 personnel within its centralised strategic reserve components and I dunno, huge number of ships?

The Eagleland wrote:2: Have there been several insurgencies against the monarchy in the history of Yohannes?

Yes, though the insurgencies occured most commonly throughout the Crown colonies and Crown dominions overseas (such as that of Kylarnatia in northwestern Gholgoth and Cosszka in Tetrakon) (mostly concentrated around the late 18th century and early 19th century)

The Eagleland wrote:Other than that, I have no further questions. (Quite embarrassing, eh?)

Not really. I am kinda chill and don't really mind, so I don't see what's wrong with that. :p

The Eagleland wrote:And as I understand that you may find the Military factbook boring,

It is indeed boring, and I find it unattractive. I do rather dream about Yohannes' culture, society, inter-ethnic relationship, economic system, economic history, history, etc. rather than concentrating on some meaningless abbreviations of military terms and a huge quantity of meaningless numbers, which are largely not going to matter anywho as they are not an essential part of creating/writing a good story in the NS and/or II sub-forum.

The Eagleland wrote:I may have to agree with you on that, since I am working on my factbook and it is neither easy nor interesting to post about the Military in great detail...

I stopped making a military factbook after three months of obsessing about my military numbers on NS and trying to wave it for show. After that, I realised that I've wasted my time for essentially nil.
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:39 pm

Yohannes wrote:Interesting... I automatically assume that In-Character Premislyd is not an absolute monarchy, in fact. I am surprised by this, I initially thought its more of a constitutional monarchical nation, with a mix of Austria-Hungary (by the end of 1916, in which it has started to adopt progressive constitutional monarchical characteristics, mainly due to the threat of dissolution, and by 1917 as a way to bring a concession towards the future allies and various nationalist elements within the Empire itself).

Well yes, sort of. After a few hours of reading up on the Austro-Hungarian system of government and modified it for the use of having an Absolute Monarchy

Yohannes wrote: Okay, so its quite similar to the second German Empire by concept then. One further thought come to my mind... technically speaking, is the Imperial and Royal Land itself an agglomeration of estates owned by His Imperial and Royal Majesty, or is it technically just a sovereign state with His Imperial and Royal Majesty as its sovereign monarch by divine right?

In concept it's the same, although I usually try to do it where Prussia took over Austria in the Seven Weeks War. Following a regional war, Premislyd essentially fell apart into a loose confederation of corporate states (states that are essentially ran by a corporation with the CEO as the "Leader" of the state). Recently with the "Unification war" the states were reunited, except they were allowed to remain independent and the corporations were replaced by local governments... so in a way sort of like how the Yohannesian Commonwealth is set up in terms of organizations.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:I got a couple of questions!

• What are the local views or criticisms of VMK AG and their sale of weapons?
  • What are their views of the Empire of Wolfenium and Astol in general?

Hey Wolfenium!

1.) Local Yohannesians (living within the vicinity of VMK factories and manufacturing assemblies) dislike the company. They view the industrial giant as holding an unhealthy influence within the higher circles of the Yohannesian politicians and politics within the nation, with some speculating that the present Yohannesian Prime Minister is simply a frontline puppet of industrial giants within the nation, such as VMK.

The common (middle and working class) Yohannesians even more despise the irsurmountable and untold of bloodshed and misery which VMK's annual exported main battle tanks and vehicles has inflicted upon multiple innocent civilians overseas, with many of the company's trademark, that of the Panthera Tigris, reportedly crushing multiple peaceful demonstrators throughout overt dictatorial regimes and nations internationally

2.) Common Yohannesians tend to not know any subtantial information regarding Wolfenium and Astol, due to its location far far away from Gholgoth. However, bureaucrats and foreign relations officers do know factual information and knowledge of Wolfenium and Astol. Generally, opinion of Wolfenium is that of a favourable one, with many approving of Wolfenium's similar culture to that of Yohannesian culture.

Hmm... either my factbook is lacing crucial details, or I've been away from Diplomacy longer than I thought...

Anyways: MOAR QUESTIONS! :eek:

1. What the views on magic, particularly Astoli magic, in your country?
2. What is the stance of the government and public opinion on the First Astoli War, in particular the Empire's occupation of foreign territory as of current.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:36 pm

@Wolfenium: I am currently reading your war. It seems like an interesting read, especially over a cup of evening tea :p

I'll reply with the In-Character view of Yohannes and His Majesty's Government once I have finished reading that well-written rp.

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:12 am

More questions, Yay!

What is the Yohannesian peoples view of Ngãti Onekawa-Nukanor?

How popular is Rugby Union within the Yohannesian Commonwealth, and if there is a national team, what is it called?

What is the oldest military branch in Yohannes?

And what could be done to cement stronger diplomatic relation between our nations?

About this military section Yohannes, I think you got it all wrong. Writing mine was great, but I had to stop it because of RL . I must of wrote 6,000 or so words on my military history, and that was from about middle 1800s to 1942, so I wasn't even near finishing.
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

When refering to me ICly, please use the proper term Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor, not Ngāti of Onekawa-Nukanor. Thank you.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:23 am

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:More questions, Yay!

Yay! :p

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:What is the Yohannesian peoples view of Ngãti Onekawa-Nukanor?

Mostly positive, beside the occasional news of how Ngãti Onekawa-Nukanor trade extensively with VMK, not so much has been known about Onekawa-Nukanor in general (think of a world, where there are around 2,000+ nations in it)

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:How popular is Rugby Union within the Yohannesian Commonwealth, and if there is a national team, what is it called?

Rugby is very popular inside the nineteen Yohannesian countries. There are nineteen national teams, not just one. :p

Each of the nineteen Yohannesian countries has its own version of the All Blacks.

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:What is the oldest military branch in Yohannes?

The Commonwealth Navy dum dum dum (u don't want to cross dem crazieh RCN shipz)

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:And what could be done to cement stronger diplomatic relation between our nations?

OOC-wise, we can roleplay short and leisurely-made up stuff, dunno, perhaps trade agreement, diplomatic visit, etc.?

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:About this military section Yohannes, I think you got it all wrong.

Indeed. I've never said that I was right, as I knew myself that everyone has their own opinion, and has the absolute right to maintain the belief that their opinion's the right one. I merely stated that that was my own personal belief, based from my own experience, and of observing other roleplayers and what they've done all around the In-Character sub-forums ever since I've first started roleplaying in NationStates itself.

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:Writing mine was great, but I had to stop it because of RL . I must of wrote 6,000 or so words on my military history, and that was from about middle 1800s to 1942, so I wasn't even near finishing.

Nod, yeah I'll have to agree with you there. Military history is indeed a fun topic to write about. What's the military history of Onekawa-Nukanor so far..? (its history like from 1800 until 1942 in brief overview)

Vlack Sturm
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlack Sturm » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:43 am

OOC: A Flemmish-Germanic nation? Jesus. I will make love with ya. :P

Anywho, question time.

what is the IC stance toward the Sturmian Federation?

Is Lutheranism in the role plays we will be doing known as the Jakobsenite Church?

And.

What happened to Crown Princess Ceara?
Federation of Burzia
Pardes

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:14 am

What is the Yohannes' view of Minroz?

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:33 am

Yohannes wrote:
Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:More questions, Yay!

Yay! :p

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:What is the Yohannesian peoples view of Ngãti Onekawa-Nukanor?

Mostly positive, beside the occasional news of how Ngãti Onekawa-Nukanor trade extensively with VMK, not so much has been known about Onekawa-Nukanor in general (think of a world, where there are around 2,000+ nations in it)

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:How popular is Rugby Union within the Yohannesian Commonwealth, and if there is a national team, what is it called?

Rugby is very popular inside the nineteen Yohannesian countries. There are nineteen national teams, not just one. :p

Each of the nineteen Yohannesian countries has its own version of the All Blacks.

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:What is the oldest military branch in Yohannes?

The Commonwealth Navy dum dum dum (u don't want to cross dem crazieh RCN shipz)

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:And what could be done to cement stronger diplomatic relation between our nations?

OOC-wise, we can roleplay short and leisurely-made up stuff, dunno, perhaps trade agreement, diplomatic visit, etc.?

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:About this military section Yohannes, I think you got it all wrong.

Indeed. I've never said that I was right, as I knew myself that everyone has their own opinion, and has the absolute right to maintain the belief that their opinion's the right one. I merely stated that that was my own personal belief, based from my own experience, and of observing other roleplayers and what they've done all around the In-Character sub-forums ever since I've first started roleplaying in NationStates itself.

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:Writing mine was great, but I had to stop it because of RL . I must of wrote 6,000 or so words on my military history, and that was from about middle 1800s to 1942, so I wasn't even near finishing.

Nod, yeah I'll have to agree with you there. Military history is indeed a fun topic to write about. What's the military history of Onekawa-Nukanor so far..? (its history like from 1800 until 1942 in brief overview)

I didn't think you would take my comment on you being wrong as seriously as you did, I mean't it in friendly jest :p

For a really short overview, most of it is invalid now, and shouldn't be take as the actual MH, but it can't hurt.

Kicked out the British, crushed the Italian fleet at the battle of the Balearic Islands in WW2, stretched out the battle of France to a couple of months, and I can't remember much else.
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information