NATION

PASSWORD

Factbook of the Unified City-States of Tsvarchi + Q&A

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 22, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:20 am

Maryginia wrote:what if immigrants have their passport and medical records burned in an attempt to show that they never existed
The City-State keeps a digital and physical copy of both records.

Kreigan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreigan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:21 am

Maraque wrote:Military

As of January 2005 the military was disbanded and all funding was moved to education and social welfare.

Your nation has no military so that means your vulnerable :twisted:
Kreigan Imperial Armed Forces Official Weapons supplier: Schwerpunkt

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:23 am

Kreigan wrote:

As of January 2005 the military was disbanded and all funding was moved to education and social welfare.

That is correct. :clap:

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:24 am

Maraque wrote:
Kreigan wrote:

That is correct. :clap:

But I am sure that your nation has other ways of getting around, like other nations, right?
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:29 am

Remain neutral in international affairs, don't piss off potential enemies, and hope for the best.

There's nothing in the City-State that anyone would want, anyway.

Kreigan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreigan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:37 am

Maraque wrote:Remain neutral in international affairs, don't piss off potential enemies, and hope for the best.

Eh thats not true, your nation has land which can be used to benefiet my..I mean another nation.
Kreigan Imperial Armed Forces Official Weapons supplier: Schwerpunkt

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:39 am

Kreigan wrote:
Maraque wrote:Remain neutral in international affairs, don't piss off potential enemies, and hope for the best.

Eh thats not true, your nation has land which can be used to benefiet my..I mean another nation.
Worthless land.
I see what you're doing... :-P

The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Scandinvans » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:42 am

Maraque wrote:
Kreigan wrote:

Worthless land.
I see what you're doing... :-P
Your nation has a lot people. And they are all atheists. And women dominate society...

Therefore you must realize that we soon liberate and civilize your nation by any means.
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:43 am

Go ahead.

Seperate Vermont
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperate Vermont » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:26 pm

In Runoffs, what does your system prefer?

Instant-runoff voting, or a two round strategic system.

[Sorry, Im asking too many questions :P ]
No, we are not obsessed with Maple Syrup. Speaking of that, Would you like some 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup? We have a surplus this year.
http://www.mechiwiki.com/nationstates/index.php?nation=Seperate_Vermont
GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Two-round.

(OOC: There is no such thing as too many questions! They're good as historical facts or figures in case I ever change a position ICly - which I have done a few times.)

Seperate Vermont
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperate Vermont » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Maraque wrote:Two-round.

(OOC: There is no such thing as too many questions! They're good as historical facts or figures in case I ever change a position ICly - which I have done a few times.)

[I agree- Good postmarkers and questions bring about thought and answers.
I give you full permission to bombard me with questions in my factbook though :p ]
No, we are not obsessed with Maple Syrup. Speaking of that, Would you like some 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup? We have a surplus this year.
GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:40 pm

OOC: I just might have to take you up on that offer. :lol:

Nouvelle Louisiana
Secretary

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouvelle Louisiana » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:44 pm

Why should animals be granted the same rights if their intelligence level will not allow them to be able to function in humanoid lifestyles?
L'Honorable Justes Président et le Commandant-dans-le Chef de la République du sud, Victor Norbert
L'Honorable Juste Vizir et Tête du Gouvernement de la République du sud, Stéphanie Senneville

Population on Earth: 264,000,000
Persons working on Space Ships: 29,380,000
Population on Other Planets: 1,175,620,000

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Nouvelle Louisiana wrote:Why should animals be granted the same rights if their intelligence level will not allow them to be able to function in humanoid lifestyles?
Animals don't have rights per se, they just are afforded the freedom to roam without fear of entrapment, murder, assault, pain and suffering, etc.

As for the reason - a being's perceived intelligence level is not an adequate - or morally sound - reason to deny them dignity, respect and freedom.
Last edited by Maraque on Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seperate Vermont
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seperate Vermont » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:40 am

Maraque wrote:
Nouvelle Louisiana wrote:Why should animals be granted the same rights if their intelligence level will not allow them to be able to function in humanoid lifestyles?
Animals don't have rights per se, they just are afforded the freedom to roam without fear of entrapment, murder, assault, pain and suffering, etc.

As for the reason - a being's perceived intelligence level is not an adequate - or morally sound - reason to deny them dignity, respect and freedom.

And aren't certain animals even more intelligent in ways Humans couldn't possibly or simply do not understand, and to treat them arrogantly with our sense of intelligence is to simply turn our back on scientific progress?

Err...To make that question more sound in this thread.... add "In your nation?"
Last edited by Seperate Vermont on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 am

Seperate Vermont wrote:
Maraque wrote:

And aren't certain animals even more intelligent in ways Humans couldn't possibly or simply do not understand, and to treat them arrogantly with our sense of intelligence is to simply turn our back on scientific progress?

Err...To make that question more sound in this thread.... add "In your nation?"
That is correct. Studies in the region have shown that animals indigenous to the region have shown higher intelligence levels than similar animals in other parts of the world.

They have a heightened sense of awareness, and are able to understand rudimentary English and communicate with humans in non-verbal ways. But animals have always been held in a high regard - the new study just set in stone our belief.

Youvtha
Attaché

Founded: May 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Youvtha » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:31 pm

How does your nation's society deal with allegations specifically of child indoctrination, to expand on your factbook, national info topics entry for the proceedings of Child Abuse?
Last edited by Youvtha on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalakda
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalakda » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:34 pm

What is the City-State's opinion on Radical/Fundamentalist Islam, an ideology that has caused problems for Kalakda for decades?
MAKE WAR ON LOVE - Put this in your signature if you agree.
Embassies In: Noordeinde Grays Harbor Orlkjestad New Olwe Chrisman Union Meldaria
Alliances: Christian Coalition of Countries, Space Colonization Coalition, United Conservatives Alliance, Pan-Slavic Union State
-Turgov Civil War (Pulled out)
-First Russenich War (Victory)
-Operation Wipeout (Stalemate)
-Modk Riots (Victory, GA rebels defeated)
-IRS rebellion (Victory)
-Second Russenich War (Stalemate)
George W Bush AOED wrote:I would blame Obama for the last 8 years.

Old Beringia wrote:Resembling the American 1950 average style. Before everything went straight to hell aesthetically wise due to pansy hippies.

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Youvtha wrote:How does your nation's society deal with allegations specifically of child indoctrination, to expand on your factbook, national info topics entry for the proceedings of Child Abuse?
Maraquean society in general believes a child should be able to think for themselves and parents will allow them freedom to make their own decisions at a young age, as to give them critical thinking skills later in life.

Forcing a specific thought or belief on a child to the point of indoctrination is considered a gross violation of a child's intellect and innocence.

Kalakda wrote:What is the City-State's opinion on Radical/Fundamentalist Islam, an ideology that has caused problems for Kalakda for decades?
We only concern ourselves with radical fundamentalists if they actually act upon their radicalism to commit vicious crimes against the City-State and its people. We do not persecute thoughts or beliefs - just actions motivated by them.
Last edited by Maraque on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Has your nation ever thought of moving a few citizens on another planet? I mean given your nation's vast population and the most certainty that lots of resources are on your planet, your nation should find more room, no?

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Sungai Pusat wrote:Has your nation ever thought of moving a few citizens on another planet? I mean given your nation's vast population and the most certainty that lots of resources are on your planet, your nation should find more room, no?
Our space program was halted indefinitely because of lack of funds, let alone the cost to explore the universe for a viable planet to terraform, build infrastructure on and colonize.

Youvtha
Attaché

Founded: May 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Youvtha » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 pm

Yet your nation has a Gross Domestic Product of $544,039 billion [Sunset] and a Government Budget of $13,869 billion? Has the government not allowed in the absense of funds private organizations to develop a space program with a government initiative?

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Maraque wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:Has your nation ever thought of moving a few citizens on another planet? I mean given your nation's vast population and the most certainty that lots of resources are on your planet, your nation should find more room, no?
Our space program was halted indefinitely because of lack of funds, let alone the cost to explore the universe for a viable planet to terraform, build infrastructure on and colonize.

I feel sympathetic for your nation. We are already having plans to expand into space further with about 1/20 of the population and yet, your nation of 10 billion which should be able to afford it, is not able to do it?

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Would Maraque pursue a space program in the future when it has more funds to do so?
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information