NATION

PASSWORD

Your nation's culture

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Beringovia wrote:
Yet Another Tyranny Death State wrote:North Korea meets maximum security prison.

Isn't that kind of the same thing?

*internet brofist*
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Apollonesia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Apollonesia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Vatican + Russia, I suppose.

And as of late, certain American characteristics, such as Tea Party elements.
Christian
Political Compass
Factbook - (Updating)
"God is not only true, but Truth itself."

Beringovia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beringovia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Vecherd wrote:
Secular Sweden wrote:Sorry. Just proved my point. Let us all get on with merry threadmaking.

PS I like dinosaurs, too. They were awesome. DS

The highest scoring country is also very religious, which country is it? Israel?

I noticed that also. The chart doesn't even prove (what I think is) his point.

HaiKowe
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby HaiKowe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:39 pm

African, Latino and a bit of Asian culture

Bratoslovoukia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Hail, Bratoslovoukia!

Postby Bratoslovoukia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm

My nation's culture is a mix of germanic, scandinavian, and jewish cultures.
Bratoslovoukia,a land untouched by the horrors of tyranny of the majority...until now.
Tourism|Embassies In: New Edom|Bratvit Standard Petroleum and Carbon Corporation|Bratoslovoukian Embassy Exchange Program|

Yupun
Envoy

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yupun » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:44 pm

Yupun

Era:
Digital age.

Architecture:
1940s Imperial Japan.

Military and police activety:
Very high.

Xiran
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiran » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:54 pm

Xiran has modern U.S.A. style cities but in arabic. :p
Iran rulez!

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:42 am

The Kangaroo Republic wrote:But at least nobody will SEE them being cowards.

Pahh they have enough of that already bigod, give the blasted men their parachutes and you will hear no end of it, bahh we should take those away, that ought to teach them to fight properly and make them more inclined to not get blow out of the skies all the time
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Han-Kuk
Secretary

Founded: Apr 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Han-Kuk » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:50 am

Bhutan, Mongolia, Korea and Japan.

Wealen
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wealen » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:24 am

EDIT: nvm
Last edited by Wealen on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vaucurea
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaucurea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:07 am

Vaucurea is best Curea!

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:56 am

Before creating a TurtleShroom, wash all of the government with the purity, blemishless, honesty, and purity of a little child, and then add some gullibility and naievity for good measure. Scrub the mixing pot thoroughly until there is no trace of corruption.

Okay. Take Victorian morality, the intolerance of alcohol in 1920s' America, and the political sway of Christianity from midieval times. Got those? Good.

Now, take the gun obbsessions of the American Southeast, the war-related behaviors of BOTH Texas and the pacifists that dot the nation, and toss in the "peace through superior firepower" doctrines of Ronald Reagan and the "domestic defense only" stance of Ron Paul.

For the government, take the patriotism of the most hardcore Americans, add the political turnout and excitement of the 2008 USA election cycles, and then crown three "enlightened philosopher kings" per Plato's "ship of state" theory.

Now that you have all that chaos, take the average American school's stance on drugs and double it. Add a healthy dose of rednecks and Southern drawls. Give everyone Dick Cheney's love and approval of oil.

Mix that altogether with the entire political agenda of the American Republican Party: both neo-conservatives, normal conservatives, and paleo-conservatives, but mostly social conservatives. Give the Religious Right the power to set the nation's policy.

You'll need addition ingredients such as capital punishment, modest dress, and puritianical laws of decency.

Finally, pour a vat of Christianity into the pot and let boil. Stir constantly until the mixture is consistent and completely blended as one.

As it boils, add sentient turtles and mushrooms in abundance and toss in the acceptance and tolerance of this novelty found only in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Pour into glass jars and sit in refrigerator. Cover in ice, but leave all other ideologies and recipies untouched. Unplug refrigerator so that all other ideologies spoil and must be removed, until your TS batter is the only one cold.

Remove jar, open lid, and pour into bowl.

Enjoy your TurtleShroom!
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ש✞ש▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

Shunar Bangla
Attaché

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shunar Bangla » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:00 am

China + Japan

Inutoland
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inutoland » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:06 am

Inutoland's culture started out under the premise: "What would it look like if an empire like the Incas were to have successfully resisted European conquest?" Then I added in a strong Polynesian influence, and Inutoland is now more Polynesian than Inca. It also has influences from Eastern Asia (prevalence of silk, and some of the traditional weaponry) and the Holy Roman Empire (elected monarchy).

Really, it's its own thing now. The way it's supposed to be.
Note: Our NS page is not entirely accurate. Please use the Factbook.
Embassy Program (MT) | MT Factbook | Culture Test (MT) | FT Factbook
Economic Left/Right: -3.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

If you want to abbreviate my nation's name, I prefer "Inu"

Santhene
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Santhene » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:09 am

Lots of tightly-knit communities exist within towns and suburbs, there is a heavy emphasis on friendship, acceptance, respect, politeness and tolerance. Immigrants are weaved into communities which support them, help them learn English, and give them new skills. Many communities sponsor programs to increase energy efficiency of neighborhoods, decrease waste, and educate children on recycling, growing your own food (there are communal gardens within most communities) and teamwork.
Teamwork is also heavily emphasised, and often work and jobs are less structured and more creative.
"You can't pray away the gay, baby I was born this way!"

Eustio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eustio » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:11 pm

South american redneck style just much bigger towns. :rofl:
Bad ass texan! 8D

Verataza
Attaché

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verataza » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Verataza is mostly a fusion of Andalusian, Catalonian, and Caribbean culture

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:35 pm

South east asian cultures, Imperial China, Tsarist Russia, Ottoman Turkey, Australia and Mughal India are the most similars for my nation.

Piacentini
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Piacentini » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Similar to French, Irish, Scottish, English, and Dutch. Its very interesting :)
My Music: https://soundcloud.com/neongalaxies

Roleplaying as an extremely authoritarian religious theocracy with vested interests.

Yuyencia wrote:
「My friend please be respect are uneducate。 priest mans determine president are yuyencia people agreed tradition。Yuyencian people arelaugh your opinion defacate。 real fool who is are apparent,I am recommend reality check conversate starving street citizen」
- foreign minister mans are deliver vitriol message

Inutoland
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inutoland » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Eustio wrote:South american redneck style just much bigger towns. :rofl:

I didn't think people from South America were classifiable as "Redneck" :p
Note: Our NS page is not entirely accurate. Please use the Factbook.
Embassy Program (MT) | MT Factbook | Culture Test (MT) | FT Factbook
Economic Left/Right: -3.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

If you want to abbreviate my nation's name, I prefer "Inu"

Vorond
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vorond » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:28 pm

The balkan-wars meet thr russian civil war. Culturally a mix of Mongolia (shamanistic religions, nomadic peasants) and the Ukraine of 1920, or: What happens if you give Ghengis Khan a Tachanka?

The land itself: harsh mountains closing on vast steppes. In summer excruciatingly warm, in winter deathly cold. The shores of harsh cliffs and dangerous rocks. Wood is scarce, the mountains though yield a plethora of metal. Oil is almost nonexistant, large rivers and small mountain creeks give energy, as do wind-generators. Airplanes cross the steppe, railroads that run on a straight line for hundreds of miles. They connect cities filled with concrete, utilitarian bunkers and networks of subterranian walkways.

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Ideologically we stand as a modern democracy with strong elements of direct democracy and anarchocommunism, the government, despite being exemplary democratic, a cumbersome blunt instrument. Essentially everyone doing as he pleases, the atmosphere one of creative chaos. The name of the nation suggests it already: The Free Territory, of course a hommage to the Makhnovist state of 1918-1921.

Culturally just about everything simply fell apart in the first year of the civil war that lasted from 1979 to 1991. 12 years of barbarism and atrocity, resulting in total chaos. The war simply ended in a big stalemate of reds, anarchists and just about any democratic faction imagineable, with the reds and blacks having an uneasy peace - which they then used to crush the whites. The last emperor of Vorond was (after a manhunt of epic proportions and whole battles fought for his possession) executed by firing squad on what today is Victory Square, in the center of the industrial city of Brokdorf. A wave of nihilism, left by the war, is only gradually averted as the people turn to scientific progress as the goal of the new nation.

Most citizens, now twenty years after the revolution, voted in favour of giving the youth a military education. That bit is mostly handled locally: the local militias (who are now equipped with modern weapons from government factories) form a loose kind of regular defense and everyone who wants to have the rights of a citizen is expected to get training with them, learning to defend what we have built. The result are fierce guerilla-fighters, hardened by war and trained in insurgent warfare from the generation that pounded the well-equipped modern army of the empire into defeat. Any invader would find it very, very easy to actually incade the Nation. And then he would discover that gaining ground and holding it are two entirely different things. Those who actually want to pursue a military career join either the special forces of the army, our elite in covert warfare, or the navy. The latter is a purely professional force that controls all airforce-equipment as well for simple organisational reasons. The guerilla-commandos of the army exclusively operate land-based and without air-cover. The nature of this military force is such as that we actually simply cannot attack anyone. organisatios simply are not built to do so, and logistics are (while almost perfect inside our borders) nearly nonexistant when it comes to supplying forces outside our borders.
Last edited by Vorond on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Diplomacy

“If a man isn't willing to take some risk for his opinions, either his opinions are no good or he's no good”
― Ezra Pound

The old wisdom of 4chan holdfs very true in almost every NSG thread.

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Inutoland wrote:
Eustio wrote:South american redneck style just much bigger towns. :rofl:

I didn't think people from South America were classifiable as "Redneck" :p

I think he meant "Deep South." 8)

OP: Basically what happens when Filipinos thrive under a federal state, with President and PM sharing power. Elements of a Western ethos permeate the country.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Isolated China
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Isolated China » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:36 pm

We are all about
A. Chinese Culture
B. Mongolian Culture
C. Asian Culture in general.
I mean, we're China!
Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
- Lao Tzu
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
- Sun Tzu
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- Chinese Proverb

Self-Declared Grammar Communist of the World
TG Box is open for discussing, help, or just flat-out conversation. Feel free to message me anytime!
Oh and I'm back.

Garyandia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Garyandia » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:32 pm

Alkorus wrote:My nation is what the Roman Empire was long ago (well still is) except we have great technology now. My country is the Roman Empire. We defeated the barbarian hordes in the north and Rome was saved (it did fall once, but it was reclaimed).

Hail Caesar!
The Emperor is a nice guy,respect his authoritah!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE EMPIRE OF GARYANDIA IS COMPOSED OF THE MAINLAND AND THE 4 ISLAND COLONIES OF ST.DAVID,ST.WENCESLAS,ST.GEORGE,AND ST.ANDREW.
Member of the Commonwealth of Garyan States

Ararna
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ararna » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Ancient Egyptian modernized with some bizarre elements added to it to make me want to live there.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information