NATION

PASSWORD

Sleep in your nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Anglo-Nihon
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Sleep in your nation

Postby Anglo-Nihon » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:32 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get?
Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep?
How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"?
Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation?
What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation?
Describe where your nations people sleep. (Beds, other surfaces, etc)
Last edited by Anglo-Nihon on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:34 pm

A citizen gets 5-9 hours of sleep per day on average.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Nuvalia
Envoy

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuvalia » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:36 pm

Anglo-Nihon wrote:How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get?

Such statistical data is a waste, and thus Parliament has deemed it an unfit waste of Government funds. We also don't think it's important to know these things. We don't ever plan on hosting a national slumber party.

Afrikaner-volk
Envoy

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Afrikaner-volk » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Amount of sleep depends entirely on the individual, however reports have shown that on average, an Afrikaner citizen gets between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night.

Planta Genista
Envoy

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Planta Genista » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:38 pm

8-12 hours

Healthy amount of sleep

How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"?
It is important

No, most citizens sleep this amount.

For men: Boxers, briefs or other underwear.
For women: tee shirt and shorts

A normal bed
GORAUCHWARAECYDCHWARAE

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:40 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get? 9 hours
Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep? Healthy
Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation? By groups do you mean ethnic groups or age groups?
What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation? Depends from person to person, but generally thin and loose clothing.
How is sleep regarded in your nation? Essential, without it, you'll be sleep deprived.
Describe where your nations people sleep. (Beds, other surfaces, etc) Futons for most peopleImage, and beds for those who can't use a futon, the disabled, elderly, etc. Geilinor is a crowded nation, so efficient use of space is important, and futons eliminate the need for many actual bedrooms.
Last edited by Geilinor on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:40 pm

4 hours
Healthy-- most Frenequestans have a cybernetic chip in their brain that helps with a number of things, and also compresses the sleep cycle, so they can sleep for a shorter amount of time.
Very important-- after all, life can be stressful.
No, not significantly.
Many sleep in the clothes that they have worn in the day; to have special sleep wear is considered frivolous.
Yes, they do sleep in beds, but the next place where they tend to sleep is their office space-- especially those who work late at nights.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Vecherd
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:40 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get? Between 6-8 hours are believe to be normal

Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep? N/A

How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"? More of an extended luxury, Vecherdians are usually busy.

Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation? N/A

What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation? In the South sleeping nude is normal, in the north underwear is normal and maybe a t-shirt.

Describe where your nations people sleep. (Beds, other surfaces, etc) Beds are by far the most sleeping place.
[align=center]Frie markeder Frie folk
[spoiler=Political Stuff]Left/Right: 8.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -10.00

New Asgariath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Asgariath » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Rich people: 10 hours of sleep in regen pods. (A sort of water with regenerating properties).

Middle class: 8 hours of sleep in regen bathtubs.

Lower class: 6 hours of sleep in beds.

Criminals: whatever they want. The lowest criminals usually have bionics that take away any need for sleep. After all, if you're insane, loosing an hour of sleep won't kill you.

But I'll focus on the middle class.

8 hours of sleep in regen baths. This is considered a healthy amount of sleep. As above, the amount of sleep greatly varies between classes, but in general sleep is important. The middle class sleeps in swimming trunks or bikinies.

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:47 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get? 6-9 hours
Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep? Healthy
How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"? It is viewed as important; rest is necessary to properly function.
Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation? Not Really
What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation? Usually Nude.
Describe where your nations people sleep. Bed, typically.
The Free Federation of the Golden Lands
Free Federation Q&A
Liberal Democracy; Militaristic; Federation; Feminist
"None Shall be Held in Chains"
"All May Find Shelter Behind Our Walls"
"No Evil Shall Survive Our Wrath"

Karmaimps
Envoy

Founded: Dec 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Karmaimps » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get? 6-8
Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep?Healthy
How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"?As any other bodily function it is normal and not considered a luxury.
Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation?No
What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation? Nude
Describe where your nations people sleep.Most people sleep in beds of some kind(From Multi-person bunks to king sized heated smart beds)
Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49

"Think about it. Arda Tulvuans are suppose to follow a rigid social code. There is a lot of pent up rage against each other. So, they release it via sex or sanctioned martial art fights." -Arda Tuluva

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Piacentini
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Piacentini » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:53 pm

An average citizen usually gets 6-12 hours of sleep on weekends, and 5-9 hours on workdays.
My Music: https://soundcloud.com/neongalaxies

Roleplaying as an extremely authoritarian religious theocracy with vested interests.

Yuyencia wrote:
「My friend please be respect are uneducate。 priest mans determine president are yuyencia people agreed tradition。Yuyencian people arelaugh your opinion defacate。 real fool who is are apparent,I am recommend reality check conversate starving street citizen」
- foreign minister mans are deliver vitriol message

Romalae
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Romalae » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:53 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get? Around 7 hours on weekdays, and usually a couple more on weekends.

Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep? Depends on your perspective and age.

How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"? It's important, but it shouldn't impede on one's daily life.

Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation? Not significantly. Most groups believe the same.

What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation? Usually just underwear. It varies depending on personal preference.

Describe where your nations people sleep. (Beds, other surfaces, etc) Beds.
Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

Ideology: somewhere between left-leaning centrism and social democracy
Other: irreligious, white, male

Neuvonan
Attaché

Founded: May 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neuvonan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:54 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get? 9-13 hours.
Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep? A healthy amount.
How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"? Important.
Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation? It's pretty much the same for everyone.
What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation? They wear what they wore that day.
Describe where your nations people sleep. (Beds, other surfaces, etc) A regular bed.

Black Adder and Baldrick
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Adder and Baldrick » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Nuvalia wrote:
Anglo-Nihon wrote:How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get?

Such statistical data is a waste, and thus Parliament has deemed it an unfit waste of Government funds. We also don't think it's important to know these things. We don't ever plan on hosting a national slumber party.
Agreed :clap: (exept we all sleep on memory foam matresses for they are the only ones allowed in our nation.and I Know this because 1.I run this nation 2.We only order them and 3.our monthly stock is taken so I know how many more to oder)
Generation 30 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")
Don't click on the nexxt one it's kinda embarrasing
I told you not to look
National motto:"I have a cunning plan" check me out! at
Black Adder and Baldrick
Or join or check out
The Imperial Legion

Helghast empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Helghast empire » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:58 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get? 7 - 9
Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep? Decent
How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"? It's needed to survive
Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation? No?
What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation? A nightgown or something similar
Describe where your nations people sleep. Bed..housing block...the like...

Ruskarkand
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:00 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get: 12+ Hours.
Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep: A very healthy amount of sleep.
How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury": Very important.
Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation: Different groups, no. Different species, yes.
What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation: Underwear commonly, the remaining amount sleep Nude.
Describe where your nations people sleep. (Beds, other surfaces, etc): Beds, Carpets, the Floor, anything goes for your average Ruskarkan.
- Scottish resident of the United Kingdom.
- Appreciator of Dragons and Draconic things.
- Minor FanT. FT.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Antarctic Isles
Envoy

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarctic Isles » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Recently, local newspaper "Antarctic Times" published some information regarding the Isles' sleeping habits.

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get? 5-8 in summer, 7-9 in winter.

Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep? Healthy.

How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"? Important.

Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation? Yes. Citizens sleep an average of 8-9 hours year round, while slaves sleep much less - depending on their work, as little as 4 hours per night (and up to 7-8 hours). Slaves working in the entertainment and tourism sectors usually sleep less in summer and more in winter (due to less demand for their services in winter), while slaves working in the fishing sector sleep more hours year round (since their physical job requires wakefulness).

What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation? Thermal underwear is usually worn year round. Blankets aren't enough to keep warm in the Isles' climate.

Describe where your nations people sleep: Citizens usually sleep in beds. Slaves, depending on their behaviour, sleep in beds, on carpets, floors, or on other surfaces.
Factbook and Q&A - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=99434
The Antarctic Seed Bank - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=101406#p5042949
1st International Cold Water Swimming Championship - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=107568#p5377611

New Lyrane
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Lyrane » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:23 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get? On average, 6-7 hours.
Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep? Reasonable. 3 watches 6 hours 45 minutes is considered sufficient for a healthy adult.
How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"? Sleep is important for health. But excessive sleep is as bad as any other self-indulgence.
Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation? No, this is pretty universal in New Lyrane.
What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation? Nothing, of course.
Describe where your nations people sleep. (Beds, other surfaces, etc) Mostly in beds. Some sleep on a mattress that is laid on the floor for the night and rolled up and put away in the morning.
Sari Kaniraya, PhD (University of Haru, New Lyrane)
Speaker-to-Animals
"Also? I can kill you with my brain."
Trying to strike a balance between Author Appeal, Flawed Utopia, Nightmare Fuel, and Realism... IN SPACE!

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:29 pm

7-10 tends to be the norm
It is considered normal
A necessary rest when the soul temporary leaves the body so it is nothing that should be done too long.
Christians and Muslims tend to disagree a bit but humbug to them!
Pyjamas
Beds or under trees if they are out on a journey tends to be the most common.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Inutoland
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inutoland » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:40 pm

Survey studies have shown that 7-11 hours of sleep per 24-hour day is "normal" for Homo sapiens citizens. Homo neanderthalensis citizens typically get a little less (6.5-10 hours) and Homo floresiensis citizens a considerable amount less (5-9 hours)

This is considered a healthy amount of sleep for each of the three human species in our nation.

Sleep is considered a necessity. However, beyond a certain point (about 9 hours a night for Homo sapiens) it becomes an enjoyable luxury.

See above.

Many people in the tropical lowlands sleep nude. Others wear a kilt, loincloth, briefs or similar. In the mountains, the colder climate necessitates more clothes for sleeping in. In this environment, typically some form of insulated pyjamas are worn.

Describe where your nations people sleep. (Beds, other surfaces, etc) Hammock-style beds are quite popular in the lowlands, and are particularly common among the Puruhi (H. floresiensis). Other people sleep on a mat on the floor, or occasionally Western-style beds.
With the typical Inutolander party culture and warm equatorial climate, though, many people just sleep wherever they happen to be when they fall asleep - on the beach, at the pool, in a city square. Cultural traditions declare the sleep cycle to be a sacred "power time" of dream travelling, and Inutolanders are typically hesitant to wake or take advantage of a sleeper. Someone or someones will typically carry them to a place where they can sleep safely, doing their best not to rouse them in the process.
Note: Our NS page is not entirely accurate. Please use the Factbook.
Embassy Program (MT) | MT Factbook | Culture Test (MT) | FT Factbook
Economic Left/Right: -3.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

If you want to abbreviate my nation's name, I prefer "Inu"

All Awesome People
Envoy

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby All Awesome People » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Here the average person gets 7-8 hours of sleep during the week, and 6-10 on weekends. This is seen as normal by everyone except grandmothers. People in areas within the electric grid tend to sleep naked, but others sleep in ultra warm pajamas. Almost everyone still sleeps in beds, but in the rural areas hammocks are increasing in popularity and gradually gaining fans among the urban population.
And by the way, corporations are not People!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy and pate bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:57 pm

7 to 9 hours.

It's considered a perfectly normal amount of sleep.

It's considered to be a necessity.

Not really, no.

Most people here don't wear anything when they go to sleep.

Most people sleep in a bed, but there are some people who will sleep on the floor or in other strange places.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:15 pm

The average YellowApplan will receive between 4-8 hours of sleep per 24-hour period, consisting mostly of 1-2 hour naps throughout the chronological day. Sleep does not usually correlate to daylight, as YellowApple's constant motion through the stratosphere result in a mismatch of YellowApplan clocks and clocks local to regions below.

Studies at Del Tangerino City College indicate that two 4-5 hour sleep periods every 24 hours are sufficient for healthy functioning of the brain, attributing anything less to increases in fatigue, stress, and overall inefficient psychological states.

Most YellowApplan citizens have the luxury of sleeping in a dedicated bed or other sleep-capable furniture. Of said furniture purchased from registered sources, 45% are double-sized beds, 25% are single sized beds, 15% are futons and other foldable beds, and 20% are miscellaneous lounge chairs and other sleep-oriented furniture. There is a growing trend in "aquatic suspension therapy" (AST), which involves sleep while submerged completely in water inside a specially-designed container and wearing little more than an oxygen mask and (usually, but not always) a swimsuit of some sort. Such systems are claimed to promote improved depth of sleep due to reduction of pressure on musculoskeletal structures. They are often referred to as "human aquariums" or "humaquariums" due to their similarities to large aquariums.

Typical sleepwear in YellowApple consists of loose undergarments and, on occassion, a matching robe, both woven from either silk (spider silk being the most sought-after for durability) or synthetic, breathable material. Such undergarments are usually minimal in coverage, consisting of a bikini or boxer-brief bottom (for women and men, respectively) and, occasionally (but increasingly uncommon), a bikini-style top for more reserved women. Such undergarments are usually sold with a matching robe of the same material and pattern. Male sleepwear is most popular in plain, cool colors, while female sleepwear is most popular with artistic designs, especially floral in nature.

Sleep is considered a necessity in YellowApplan social standards and daily activity. A lack of sleep is considered to be unhealthy and unsightly, although overindulgence is seen to be impolite.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:32 pm

How many hours of sleep does an average person in your nation get? 5 hours. *sniff sniif* so tired
Is this regarded as sleep deprived or a healthy amount of sleep? Sleep deprived
How is sleep regarded in your nation? As important, or more an "extended luxury"? Extended Luxury, many people stay up for days at a time, taking amphetamines to keep themselves awake so they can finish a project.
Do these significantly vary when compared to different groups in your nation? Yes.
What is the typical sleeping wear in your nation? Underwear.
Describe where your nations people sleep. (Beds, other surfaces, etc) Beds.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information