NATION

PASSWORD

The Kingdom of Kakkoi, World Factbook

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Kakkoi
Secretary

Founded: May 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kakkoi » Sat May 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Information
Capital: Singporeshi
Official language: Kakkoian
Form of Government: Confederate Monarchy
Head of State: The Supreme King of Kakkoi
Currency: Gold Piece

The Kingdom of Kakkoi is a confederate monarchy led by the Supreme King. The people of the Kingdom of Kakkoi are proud and strong and adhere to a philosophy of peaceful coexistence and cooperation with the others. The nation is situated on a massive continent to the east. Thus, it is an ethnically diverse country, with wide variance in customs between different provinces and tribes.
Last edited by Kakkoi on Sat May 28, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oath: My life I give to my country,
With my hands I fight for our Supreme King and his farthers before him,
With my mind I seek better ways to better my country,
And with my feet may our march of civilisation continue!

Nation Factbook
Embassy Program

Kakkoi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Kakkoi » Sat May 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Geography

The geography of Kakkoi varies tremendously due to its immense size. The northwestern areas are covered in dense coniferous forests, while the western coast is home to a warmer climate and many deciduous forests. The inland west is also home to several swamps and the arid Great Divide, while the center of the Kingdom is comprised of the enormous Si Wong Desert. The southwestern coast is covered with lush forests - however, a rain shadow leaves the areas southwest of the Kolau Mountains arid mountain ranges with sparse grasslands - the only major settlement in the area being Omashu. The southern coast is a lush area filled with rivers and forested areas, populated by wealthy towns like Gaoling; north, over the mountains, the land turns to sparsely populated plains which once again meld into the Si Wong Desert. The northeast is mostly uninhabited beyond Singporeshi, consisting primarily of arid mountains and coniferous forests.

Natural Resources
While Kakkoi as a whole does not make use of fossil fuels, coal is mined in certain villages for fuel. The timber of their forests also serve as fuel along with being lumbered for building.

Architecture, farming, carpentry, hunting, and mining are among many significant industries. Its citizens have managed to develop an advanced trade and commerce system so that almost all may benefit. From the complex sewage and postal system of Omashu, to the Singporeshi metro transit stations, and various inventions and their inventors, such as the Mechanist, all serve as demonstration of the Kingdom's surprisingly sophisticated society.

An abundance of fresh vegetables grows in the rich fertile soil, and fruit and nut trees are plentiful. Animals thrive in the lush forest and farmlands, providing beef and poultry to add to the fruits and vegetables.

Nation Factbook
Embassy Program

Kakkoi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Kakkoi » Sat May 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Government

Government System: Confederate Monarchy

Head of State: The Supreme King of Kakkoi

Kakkoi is a large nation divided into provinces and major cities (such as Omashu, among others) which are subdivided. The capital of the Kingdom is Singporeshi. While there is a central ruler of the entire kingdom, known as the Supreme King, who lives in Singporeshi, some cities, such as Omashu, have kings of their own.

The Supreme King is the King of Singporeshi and the ruler of the entire kingdom. Viewed as gods by their subjects, there have been 52 Kings (The current king is 52th). The King's palace and seat of government reside in the Upper Ring of Singporeshi.

Traditionally, the Supreme King leaves behind all personal possessions upon ascending the throne, including his given name, and is henceforth known only as "Your Majesty" or through his reign number. This enhances the appearance as a figurehead, though the citizens of Singporeshi do not seem to care.

The Kingdom law states that the King of Singporeshi shall have power over the entire Kakkoi Kingdom and shall be styled 'The Supreme King'. After unifying the Kingdom through conquest, the Kings of Singporeshi consolidated their power into the walled city. Eventually the city came to be considered impenetrable. Though early Kings controlled their lands personally, often using brutal means to crush rebellion, over time the monarchy became stagnant and corrupt, as kings ceded more and more power and bureaucracy which sprang up around them, choosing to spend more time surrounded by courtesans and sycophants than taking an interest in the affairs of state.

By the time King Kuei (Current) ascended to the throne, the position had declined to that of a figurehead. Many of the the King's domains (such as Omashu) gradually slipped back into the positions of city-states over time, and paid little attention to the King's few decrees, therefore creating a strong confederation with the military and the Kingdoms name as the main political ties between each realm. King has since regained all power and is more involved in matters of state now.

The King traditionally made use of sixty-seven different seals, used depending on the occasion, season, and document in question.

The King of Kakkoi

Imperial Palace, SingporeShi
Last edited by Kakkoi on Sat May 28, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nation Factbook
Embassy Program

Kakkoi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Kakkoi » Sat May 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Military

The Military of the Kingdom of Kakkoi is the military organization responsible for the defense of the Kingdom. It consists of an army, a navy and several special forces. It wields considerable power. The King is the constitutional overall commander, although at times his actual power has been very limited. The main commanding authority is the Council of Five, an assembly of five senior generals who oversee war efforts from Singporeshi.

The Council of Five:The Council of Five is a group consisting of the five highest generals in the Military. As such, it is the highest authority in the military and oversees the country's entire defense. The council is headed by General How, the commanding officer of the military and The Supreme King.

Army
The Kingdom of Kakkoi's Army is the largest and most important branch of the military of the Kingdom.

Soldier, carry a wide variety of weapons, from spears, swords and other various polearms, to more unusual weapons such as hammers, axes and sickles. Soldiers typically wear a specially armored conical helmet which has been shown to act as an impromptu shield in battle. Helmets are pointed and are decorated with the Kingdom emblem. They wear boots. Officers wear yellow armor in place of the regular green armor. Infantry clothing color is color-coded.

Army Training

Heavy Infantry:
The cavalry consists of Horses.

Recently, The Mechanist, a brilliant kingdom inventor, designed and produced several highly-advanced tanks for the Kingdom. These tanks, which travel on treads, are powered by coal and can travel over virtually any terrain. They carry at least a dozen troops and possess side hatches that allow attack at enemy forces. These tanks are multi-segmented, so they can be manipulated to travel on or over obstacles and can make wide turns when necessary. However, if these tanks get overturned, it is relatively difficult to get them upright.

The Mechanist also manufactured a select number of Supply Trucks. These vehicles are designed to carry weapons. They are driven entirely on treads. They are controlled by a single driver and are made entirely of metal. They possess a large flatbed that can carry earthen boulders, jugs of water, fire bombs, etc.

The Navy:
The Kingdom is currently setting up a Naval force.

Kyoshi Warriors:
The Kyoshi Warriors are an all-female group of fighters on Kyoshi Island. Their fighting style and clothing mimic those of their founder, Princess Kyoshi. Clad in ornate, green armor and Kabuki-like makeup designed to intimidate opponents, Kyoshi Island Warriors use metal fans as their main weapons. Warriors also utilize katanas and wrist shields. Holding the fans like extensions of their own arms, they aim to turn the strength of their opponents against them. Traditionally, only women are trained as Kyoshi Warriors, however there is one known exception.

Kyoshi Warriors

Terra Force:
The Terra Force is an elite platoon of Earthbenders under the command of General Sung. They are due to be disbanded and merged with the Army.

Terra Force Troops

Royal Guard:
The Royal Guards of SingporeShi, known commonly as the King's Guards, are warriors within the Kingdom and are affiliated with neither the Dai Li nor the military, but serve as personal protectors of the Supreme King. There seem to be hundreds of them guarding the Royal Palace. They have also been seen as the gate keepers of the outer and inner walls of Singporeshi, and could also serve as guards in important events. They sport a uniform different from a normal soldier, wearing heavier, dark green armor with a green feather at the top of the helmet.

Royal Guard

Dai Li
The Dai Li serve as the police of Singporeshi. They were created by the 46th Supreme King.

Dai Li Agents
Last edited by Kakkoi on Sat May 28, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nation Factbook
Embassy Program

Kakkoi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Kakkoi » Sat May 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Culture

Singporeshi Nobles

Kakkoi Kingdom architecture varies by province. The national colour of Kakkoi is green. The majority of the buildings are made of stone, wood, and plaster; these may be used in conjunction with one another or separately, depending on the available resources. Most buildings have sloping roofs covered with dark gray or green tiles; yellow tiles denote wealth, and are used by aristocrats in Singporeshi. The Kingdom insignia is often put on important buildings and fortresses as a symbol of the government. Roads vary considerably - in the country, they are usually made of well-worn dirt, while cities have well-made flagstone streets.

The population of the Kingdom is among small villages, larger towns, and the capital city of Singporeshi, which contains a significant portion of its citizens. Tiny villages of ten or so inhabitants dot the landscape; larger towns, such as Chin and Gaoling, are found more infrequently.

The people of the Kingdom are proud and strong and adhere to a philosophy of peaceful coexistence and cooperation with the other nations of the world.
Citizens of the Kingdom tend to have black or brown hair, green, brown, or gray eyes, and are often tanned, though the complexions of the nobility are often much lighter.

Fashions in the Kingdom vary greatly; in the West and South, men typically wear their hair in a topknot, ornamented with various holders and pins, and often have beards and/or mustaches. Women wear their hair down or piled on top of their head. In Singporeshi, women usually wear their long hair wrapped around a support, ornamented with tassels or flowers; men usually don a queue. Omashu citizens typically wear tunics over a long robe or pants, with their hair hidden by a small turban or hat. Farmers and other laborers typically wear conical straw hats secured to the head by string.

Members of the army wear green and beige uniforms that may have yellow touches to them. Traditional colors worn throughout the kingdom range from vibrant greens and yellows to more muted beiges and browns, though outfits of other colors can be seen, especially in Singporeshi.

As a result of the various minerals the country's soil contains, Kingdom farmers are able to grow a wide variety of foods to support their diets, including vegetables, fruit and nut orchards, and rice, the Kingdom's staple crop. The wild game which thrives within its many dense forests and domesticated animals found on many farms add meat and poultry to the citizens' diet. Tea is the most common drink, and it is made from many plants, including Ginseng, Lychee, Jasmine, and the rare White Dragon bush.

The currency consists of gold, silver, and bronze pieces of varying sizes used by citizens to purchase goods and services; they are fashioned in the shape of the national emblem, though gold pieces have four notches on the edge, giving them a flower-like shape.
Last edited by Kakkoi on Sat May 28, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nation Factbook
Embassy Program

Return to Factbooks and National Information