NATION

PASSWORD

The Roman Republic of Christantle's factbook.(WIP)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Christantle
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

The Roman Republic of Christantle's factbook.(WIP)

Postby Christantle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:07 pm

The Roman Republic of Christantle
The Official Factbook

The Roman Republic of Christantle is a
Republic made up of three prefectures, the west, east, and north prefectures.
The Roman Republic of Christantle has a population of 1,029,000,000
people in a land area that exceeds 18,782,392km, it's density
is averaged to 24.94 people per square kilometer. In the country, though
Christantle's area is far and vast, the majority of Christantle's citizens
live in the cities. The cities of Christantle are technologically advanced.
Christantle is a diverse country with a large constitue of about 58% Italian
decent. In second, there is English at 23%.

When the country was bound by the Declaration of Roma, Christantle was born.
Since then, Christantle has been struck down and risen up many times. The
Great Depression of 1911, which in turn crippled the Christantian economy.
Unemployment rose to a record high of nearly 43%. Only one man was able to save
Christantle from an almost certain rebellion and collapse, Rodrigo Da Puccini.
Overthrowing the Montgomery family, who were in power for hundreds of years,
he declared The Holy Roman Empire of Christantle obsolete. Thus, the imperial
era of Christantle ended, and in the ashes of the once vibrant fire, a new nation arose.
The Roman Republic of Christantle had risen.

Contents
    I. Etymology
    II. Geography
      3.1 Terrain
      3.2 Agriculture
      3.3 Climate
      3.4 Environmental Responsibility
    III. History
    IV.Government
      4.1 Overview
      4.2 Constitution and founders
      4.3 Foreign Relations
    V. Military
      5.1 Overview
      5.2 Army
      5.3 Navy
      5.3 Marine Corps
      5.4 Air Force
    VI. Economy
      6.1 Economic layout
      6.2 Income and Human Development
      6.3 Science and Technology
      6.4 Transportation
      6.5 Energy
      6.6 Manufacturing and Labour Force
    VII. Demographics
      7.1 Language
      7.2 Religion
      7.3 Education
      7.4 Health
      7.5 Crime and Law Enforcement
    VIII. Culture
      8.1 Popular Media
      8.2 Literature and the arts
      8.3 Food
      8.4 Sports
Image . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . Image

Flag
. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . .. . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . Seal

Motto: “In nome della Roma e della Repubblica!"

Anthem: The Republic and I

Capital: La bella città di Roma
Largest City:La bella città di Roma

National Language:Italian

Demonym:Christantians

Government:Republican Monarch

Indepedence The Constintutional Roman Empire of Roma
Declared: May 19, 46 BC
Recognized: October 24, 42 BC
Current Government: April 4, 2011

Area
Total: 23,182,392km2
. .. . . .. . . . . . ... . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .

Population
2010 Census: 1,029,000,000
Density: 54.94 /km2
. .. . . .. . . . . . ... . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .

GDP (PPP): 2010 Estimate
Total:$38,126,241,436,119.70
Per Capita: $38,247.32

Gini: 41.02

HDI: Image .586 (High)

Currency: Imperial Dollar

Time Zone: West/East (UTC−5 to −10)

Date Format: mm/dd/yyyy (CE)

Drives on the: Right

Internet TLD: .com

Calling Code: +7
Last edited by Christantle on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 17 times in total.
If you insult me, would I care? Should I care? Why should I care? If I do care, I may do something terrible to you, or I'll dropkick you with my fist.
The Official Post Stalker of North Orus

Guide to War
The Roman Republic of Cristantle

Pope of NSG
I am the premier ninja of F7!
If you need help on NS, telegram me and I will give you advice.

Christantle
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Etymology

Postby Christantle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Etymology

EtymologyThe assumptions on the etymology of the name "Christantler" are very numerous and the corpus of the solutions proposed by historians and linguists is very wide. Shall it be either because of being a former territory of the once great Roman Empire, or should it be nothing. All that is known is that Christantle is a diredct descendant of the former Roman Empire.

More to come.
Last edited by Christantle on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you insult me, would I care? Should I care? Why should I care? If I do care, I may do something terrible to you, or I'll dropkick you with my fist.

Guide to War

Pope of NSG

Christantle
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Geography

Postby Christantle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Geography

Guide to War

Pope of NSG

Christantle
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

History

Postby Christantle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:22 pm

History

The Roman Republic traces it's history back to 46BC. During this time, Christantle was a colony of the Roman Empire, now an empire that ceased to exit. Political instabilisty had arosen many years after the founding. Rome had then, to increase the uneasy relation, inflicted severe taxes that crippled the fragile colony. The economy was destroyed and the people begun to die. Then one day, Amerigo Da Lukn, the son of the mock government stood up and unnited the colony in a daring speech. Once more united, they cut off all connections with the Romans. Rome did not take this well and invaded the following Summer. The Romans had made a fatal mistake in waiting until summer as Amerigo had armed his army he created with a many weapons.

The battle of Christantle begun on 45 BC and would last for nearly two years. During this time, Rome would suffer horendous catastrophes. An estimate 34,000 men died on both sides during the siege. In 43 BC, after two years of battle, Amerigo Da Lukn had sucessfully defeated the mightiest nation on the planet. Using their hit and run tactics, the Christantians had become one of the few who could defeat the Romans.

Years would pass before Christantle would once again fight for their lives. During the barbarian invasions of the Roman Empire, Christantle was caught in the mist of it. The capital at that time, Pamu was sacked and burnt to a crisp. Rome even came to the aid of Christantle and together begun a brutal campaign to repel the barbarians, but it wouldn't be enough. After years of bloody fighting, Christantle pulled out and the Mother country, The Roman Empire was finally divided. In all the new country took over 100,000 casulties in the many decades of brutal bloodshed.
Last edited by Christantle on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guide to War

Pope of NSG

Christantle
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Government

Postby Christantle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Government

4.1 Overview

The Roman Republic is one of the world's oldest surviving federations existing today. Christantle is a constitutional republic and representative democracy, in which majority rule is tempered by minority rights protected by law. The government of Christantle is regulated by a system of checks and balances defined by the Christantian Constitution, which is the formal foundation for all creations of the country. In the Christantle federalist system, citizens are usually subject to three levels of government, federal, state, and local.
Last edited by Christantle on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guide to War

Pope of NSG

Christantle
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Military

Postby Christantle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Foreign Relations and Military

5.1 Overview

The modern military of Christantle exercises global economic, political, and military influence. Though quite small in numbers compared to other nation in the world, the Christantian Armed Forces(CAF) are numbers in the tens of millions. Christantle has special relations ships with the country of Tiami economically and militarily. Other nations such as Milograd and original members of the deceased WERTA Alliance.

In 2011, Christantle spent $85.4 billion on Official development assistance, the top ten most in Guanxi.The leader of Christantle holds the title of commander-in-chief of the nation's armed forces and appoints its leaders, the secretary of defense and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The Department of Defense administers the armed forces, including the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force. Christantle's Coast Guard is run by Homeland Security, not the militay. In 2010, the total troop count was 23,494,546 personnel on active duty. The Defense Department deploys 3.2 million citizens.

Military service is compulsory. All men ages 18-44 must serve at least one year of active duty. A draft is only accpetable in war or leading up to war, where the military can reach a size on upwards of nearl 90,000,000. Christantian forces can be rapidly deployed by the large fleets of the Air Force, then Navy's thrity Aircraft carriers, or the Marine Expenditionary Forces. After Census, Christantle had 3,348 bases operating worldwide. The shear amount of this global military presence has prompted some scholars to describe the Christantians as maintaining an "empire of bases

5.2 Army

The Christantian Army are the main branch of the Christantian Armed Forces. It is the largest and oldest of the five uniformed branches of the military. The modern army has it's establishment from the Independence war of Rome. In 46 BC, Christantle revolted against the Roman Empire and the army was the back bone of the revolution. At the Battle of the Plains, 50,000 Christantians slaughtered over 100,000 Roman Legions. Shortly after the horrific battle, Roma recognized Christantle as a new country and thus Christantle was forever born.

The primary mission of the Army is to "provide necessary forces and capabilities in support of the National Security and Defense Strategies. Christantle's army is part of the Department of Defense. The Army is headed by the Supreme Secretary General, and the Chief Staff of Defense. In 2011, the Department of Defense released that the size of the Christantian Army Division(CAD) was at an all time high of 11,948,348 soldiers; The National Guard was estimate at 1,203,493; And the Reserve estimated at 900,043,483 soldiers, bringing the total to nearl 14.5 million soldiers.

5.3 Navy

The Christantian Navy is the Maritime forces and naval warfare branch of the Christantian Armed Forces and one of the five uniformed branches. In Guanxi and around the world, the navy maintains a sizeable fleet to ensure domestic tranquility and peace at home. The CN has a large battle group of thrity-seven Aircraft Carriers, with four being built and one being planned, which includes a dual deck design. As of 2011, 1,345,945 men are enlisted to operate the 1,120 warships in active reserve and over 10,000 aircraft.

The 21st century Christantle Navy maintains a sizable global presence, deploying in such areas as Guanxi and and other non regional allies and to preserve peace in scarred countries. It is a blue-water navy with the ability to project force onto the littoral regions of the world, engage in forward areas during peacetime, and rapidly respond to regional crises, making it an active player in Christantian foreign and defense policy.

5.4 Marine Corps

The Marine Corps are the naval infantry responsible for prividing projection of power from the sea. Using swift mobility, Christantian marines under go brutal training to become some of the best in the world. The CMC is one of the five uniformed branches of the Christantian Armed Forces. In the civilian leadership structure of the Christantian military, the Marine Corps is a component of the Christantian Naval Department, which the work closely with the Navy.

The Marine Corps can trace it's origin back to the battle of Ancestor, in 2 B.C. While fighting off the Romans after independence, Gneral Mirkali formed an amphibious assault forces he called the Marin. A total fo 15,000 men on man hundreds Quinqueremes. With the flanking strategy in place, the Christantians were able to catch the Roman Legions in a pincer move, thus forcing a surrender and an era where no wars existed between them.

The Christantian Marine Corps includes just under 750,000 active duty Marines (as of December 2009)and just under 200,000 reserve Marines. It is the smallest of the Christantian armed forces in the Department of Defense. The Marine Corps is nonetheless larger than the armed forces of many significant military powers.
Last edited by Christantle on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Guide to War

Pope of NSG

Christantle
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Economy

Postby Christantle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Economy

The Roman Republic is a Capitalist Mixed Economy, which is fueled by abundant natural resources, a well-developed infrastructure, and high productivity. According to The Economic Bureau of Christantle, Christsantle had a GPD of $35.323 trillion, which makes Christantle one of the richest nations in Guanxi. The Nagoy Prefecture is by far the richest of the four prefectures in Christantle. The estimate GPD per capita was $37,934, one of the highest in Guanxi.

In 2011, the Private sector was estimate to be 66% and the Public sector at 44%. After estimation, the Christantian workfroce was over 641.3 million. With 73.1 million citizens, commerce is the leading field of emplyment. The largest private employment sector is health care and social assistance, with 59.6 million people. 15% of all workers are estimated to be unionized, possibly one of the lowest in
Guanxi.

The Roman Republic is a leading exporter and importer in Guanxi. Christantle exports material such as Steel, Iron, Carbon Fiber, Wood, Oil, Energy, etc. Christantle is also one of the largest producers in Guanxi since founding. With electricity being produced, nuclear power plays a massive part in such times. Wind and Coal power is second and third behind nuclear power in terms of production of electricity.

In The Roman Republic of Christantle, is measured by the way of the Christantian Commerce Department by household. The differences between household and personal income is considerable since 35% of households, the majority of those in the top two quintiles with incomes exceeding $49,342, now have two income earners

Income inequality has increased considerably, with the mean after-tax income of the top percentile increasing 128%, versus 45% for the top quintile overall, 85% for the fourth quintile, 12% for the middle quintile, 30% for the second quintile and 3% for the bottom quintile

Pictured to the right is the Roman World Finance Center in Roma. Standing at nearly 2,100 ft., RWFC is one of the tallest buildings in the city. A total of $2.4 trillion Imperial Dollars are present within the depths of the building. The Finace Center was built after the 2009 terrorist attack that took place on December 18. Trillions of funds were lost while the deaths were numbers on upwards of 6,839.
Last edited by Christantle on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Guide to War

Pope of NSG

Christantle
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Demographics

Postby Christantle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Demographics

The 2011 Christantian Census reported that 945,382,234 residents; The Christantian Census Bereau's Population Clock estimates the population to be on upwards of 985,193,860, including an estimated 34,583,285 illegal immigrants. Christantle is one of the populous nations of Guanxi. Wuth a birth rate of ab out 94.32 of 1,000, Christantle is above average for the world average. In the fiscal 2009 year, 5,426,987 immigrants were awarded citizenships into the newly founded Republic. The Italian descent has been the leading immigration group for the past four decades.

The Roman Republic of Christantle is highly diverse, with twenty threenancestry groups over one million members. By far, the largest race is the white population, which constitutes of about 83% of the 935,193,860 estimate Christantian citizens. Asian Christantians are the largest minority group in Christantle. With so much diversity, it is hard to believe that Christantle could hold all these people in. The Roman Republics estimated population in ten years is expected to be two billion citizens. Which by then, Christantle would start to become seriously crowded.

About 93% of the population lives in the Urbanized areas of Christantle. Two thirds of the urban population lives in cities of 75,000 people. In 2010, 456 incorporated areas had population over 100,000, Seventeen cities had a population of over one million, and nine global cities had a population of over 3 million. Of the hundred fastest growing metropoliticians in Christantle, Eighty-seven were situated on the North Coast of Christantle, in the Nagoy Prefectures

La bella città di Roma is the Roman Republic's economic hub. It is also the capital city. The Christantian Census estimated the population to be 18,923,493 people. The Metro is estimated in at 75,395,382 people. This makes Roma the largest city in Christantle and one of the largest in Guanxi. A large presence of Italian Descents is present here, as in the rest of the country. Roma has an estimate profit of over $3.5trillion Universal Standard Dollars. With left over money, Roma has undergone a massive building spree. Over 235 buildings soar over 200 meters. Of the thousands of skyscrapers, 97 reach a staggering height of 500 meters, with the tallest building, The Roman Trade Center, towering at 3,436ft.

After recent studies, if Roma continues to grow, the city must grow taller because of the possibility of crowded area. Being on a penisula means there is not as much land. As Roma grows, the population grows, which is soaring. Roma had an increase of population from 10,000,000 in 2005, to 18,000,0000 in 2011, making Roma one of the fastest growing cities in the world. Roma maintains a large presence of immigrant, as she is the main immigration city in Christantle.

La città imperiale di Valencia is the cultural hub of Christantle. Valencia is the Manktino Prefecture capital. The Christantian Census estimated the population to be 15,094,804 people. Valencia's Metro Area is estimated to be in at 46,938,385 people. This officially make Valencia the second largest city in Christantle and possibly one of the largest in Guanxi. The largest majority group in Valencia is still Italian. Valencia's profit is to be estimated at $1.75trillion Universal standard Dollars. Many skyscrapers make their home here, with 62 buildings over 200 meters, while only 14 reach a heigh of over 500 meters. World Valencian Financing is the tallest building in Valencia at 2,089 feet.

Though not growing as fast as Roma, Valencia's population is growing massively. After adding four million in 2010 from 2005, Valencia is the second largest growing city in Christantle. As Valencia grows, crowded areas are more common. However, Valencia is about twice the size of Roma in total area, with the population spread out of that distance, allowing more room in the city for industrial building. Valencia too, maintins a large but not as large presence of immigrants in the city.

7.1 Language

Christantle is diverse in language. However, with usuality, Italian is the most spoken language in the country. The Department of Language and Culture estimated that the Italian language spoken as a premium was 52%, or about 417,000,000 citizens. With the diversity of Christantle, English is second most spoken language, with 23% of all Christantiantian speaking as a premium or secondary. Other languages such as Russian, Greek, Arabic, Spanish, French, German, and Canadian are also spoken in manner as a premium or primary.

7.2 Religion

The Roman Republic of Christantle is secular nation; the Federal Constitution guarantees the free exercise of religion and forbids the establishment of any religious governance. In 2009, after a survey, 79% of all Christians claimed "Religion is a major factor in life." According to another survey, 51% of Christantians identified themselves as Christians, down from 69% in 2000. The leading non-Christian faiths were Judaism (1.7%), Buddhism (0.7%), Islam (0.6%), Hinduism (0.4%), and Unitarian Universalism (0.3%). The total reporting non-Christian religions in 2007 was 4.7%, up from 3.3% in 1990

7.3 Education

Education in Christantle is a big deal. Everyone is entitled to a free education, whether or not they want or deserve it. Education is directed by the Department of Education. Generally, from six years of age, your enter school. Once you have reach eighteen years of age(Leading you through the 12th grade), you may exit school. Of the four Christantian prefectures, each laws for education are different when it comes to quitting school. .23% of all schooled students homeschooled while about 3% attend private schools in the Nagoy Prefecture. Literacy rate is 99.9%.

7.4 Health

The Roman Republic's life expectancy 87.1 at birth is one of the highest in the region of Guanxi. Over the course of many decades, with the way of life improving dramatically and health care rising, the people have become exceptionally healthy. Thus, this allows for many citizens to live in their eighties. Obesisty is a small problem with only 2.5 million of the entire adult population being obese. Christantle is generally called one of the fittest nations in Guanxi.

The Christantian adolescent pregnancy rate of 89.3 per 1,000 women is respectively high for what is it in Christantle's repective region. Abortion on legal demand is high controversial. The Nagoy Prefecture bans public funding of the procedure and restrict late-term abortions, require parental notification for minors, and mandate a waiting period. While the abortion rate is falling, the abortion ratio of 121 per 1,000 live births and abortion rate of 11 per 1,000 women aged 15–44 remain higher than those of most Guanxi

7.5 Crime and Law Enforcement

Law Enforcements in The Roman Republic is the primarily responsibility of the local Sheriff's department, while the prefecture departments provide a much borader array of services. With such a high population, even with a well funded police force, Christantle has a farely high crime rate, but has been decreasing for many years. The lowest rates of crime are in the countryside of the Republic, where few live because of the density of the cities with their way of life.

Among developed nations of Guanxi, the Republic has above-average levels of violent crime and particularly high levels of homicide. In 2011, there were 4.6 murders per 100,000 persons, much higher than other nations in the region. The Christantian homicide rate, which decreased by 65% between 2001 and 2004, has been roughly steady but decreasing little by little since. Gun ownership rights are the subject of contentious political debate.
Last edited by Christantle on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Guide to War

Pope of NSG

Christantle
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Culture

Postby Christantle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:38 am

Culture

The Roman Republic is a multicultural nation, home to a wide variety of ethnic groups, tradition, and values. Nearly all the population is in home, as immigration was low considering their homeland is Christantian land.
Last edited by Christantle on Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guide to War

Pope of NSG

Christantle
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Alliances

Postby Christantle » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Alliances
Last edited by Christantle on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guide to War

Pope of NSG

Christantle
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Credits

Postby Christantle » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Credits

Guide to War

Pope of NSG

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information