NATION

PASSWORD

Experiments in Your Nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: Experiments in Your Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:33 pm

We are currently working on a method by which to REDACTED. So far, progress REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED. We are preparing to REDACTED REDACTED.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Meadowmere
Attaché

Founded: Jun 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Meadowmere » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 pm

The only government sponsored experiments are things like agriculture efficiency works, you know, what bacteria to use to digest wood scraps from the lumber mills to grow better mushrooms for our restaurants and exports. Then there are bio-balance experiments to more effectively rotate crops in order to minimize fertilizers and crop arrangements in order to minimize insect damage without pesticides.

Khodoristan
Minister

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Khodoristan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Meadowmere wrote:The only government sponsored experiments are things like agriculture efficiency works, you know, what bacteria to use to digest wood scraps from the lumber mills to grow better mushrooms for our restaurants and exports. Then there are bio-balance experiments to more effectively rotate crops in order to minimize fertilizers and crop arrangements in order to minimize insect damage without pesticides.

we should cooperate in order to create agricultural efficiency
Economic Left/Right: -3.88, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69 (centrist)
DERECON: 1 2 3 4 5

REST IN PEACE UNDERØATH 11/30/97-1/26/13
Pro: NATO, SEATO, ANZUS, EU, ROC, ROK, Japan, Israel, Russia, Turkey, India, gay rights, fiscal and social liberalism, Christianity, Judaism
Against: Iran, Pakistan, China, DPRK, Venezuela, racism, sexism, abortion, Islam, conservatism, military aggression

I'm a nihilistic Catholic. Yes, we do exist.

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:40 pm

We are currently developing holograms for educational, and military, interests.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Wutaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Wutaco » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:42 pm

Arivada wrote:
Wutaco wrote:Um....We experimented on a black guy once....As to how, what we did, if it was legal, and if he was accepting; The answer is clearly.... CLASSIFIED!....But it worked, we succesfully turned a Black guy into a...CLASSIFIED!...Thank you for listening!

We recently turned a Wutaco guy into a...What the.... which was ....Uh idiotic.... which is .....Talk to George Lopez for comedy lessons because ....classified......isn't funny.

Protip: You're not cool.
You keep sending them, I'll keep knocking them down!

In response to a thread involing bringing back a Neandrathal:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:We should make one, then fuck it to see if we can interbreed.

More Quotes:
SexocraticLands wrote:I hope the fan kills the cat. And then the fan should kill Miley Cyrus.

Perhaps the fan could rig her jet so it crashes into the Jonas Brother's tour bus?

JuNii wrote:
The Norse Hordes wrote:Fuck PETA. Fuck Glenn Beck.

Ewww... do I reallly have to?

Arivada
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arivada » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Protip. YOur post was not funny. I know i am not funny. People laugh at my crap jokes because they are stupid i am just awaring you that your post was well it made sense but it was kinda of Idiotic.
Last edited by Arivada on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Army-40,000,000
National Guard-5,000,000
Marine Corp Rangers-5,000,000
States Milita-5,000,000
Navy-1,200 ships, 5 Million Personnel
Air Force-12,000 Planes, 5 million personnel

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:57 pm

Well, there was the now abandoned 'Infection' project. Not that we admit to being involved in it. Only that it exists. And nothing came of it. Especially not anything that could impact CM today. >.>
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Das People
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Das People » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:27 pm

A couple of our declassified experiments:
Regenerating cell technology, which allows soldiers to heal after injuries
A jetpack device for recon use. (Epic Phail, 5 scientists killed in freak accident.)
Plasma weaponry
Gauss Rifles
Portable Laser systems
Lightweight, Fire retardant, stab proof, bulletproof body armor. Only 250lbs.
Personal Motion Tracker Devices
Neural Implants
Political Compass
Social: -8.36
Economic: -7.12

axmanland
Attaché

Founded: Apr 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby axmanland » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:32 am

We of Axmanland believe strongly in the power of science to revolutionize lives, some of our recent experiments include.

Research into a vaccine to provide protection from self propitiating thought meme's (like lolcats and religion)

Genetic research into human sexuality (can we make sex even more enjoyable)

Genetic engineering of crop species resulting in the now famous Axmanland "Blue Bud" a strain of cannabis so likely to cause psychosis that in many countries its classified as a separate drug

And we spend allot of time researching basic gravitation. ( The Axmanlandian government firmly denies that its gravitational research consists of dropping rebels from the palace walls )

Eternal Mysteries
Envoy

Founded: Jul 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eternal Mysteries » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:41 am

We are watching a trend from long ago. People while knowing what is right and what is truth, still prefer to be lied to and to tell a lie, to fill the bubble over their cartoon head.

Meciene
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Meciene » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:50 am

We're currently experimenting of recreating Jet Streams to further improve our public transportation system.

We've already succeeded in making corn plants grow fully in under 2 hours in winter.
The Free State Alliance of Meciene
Од Јие-ниеу Ентсаре Јансин ит Масуид||Масуиске

Embassy||First Mecian Airways||MeciFly||Jonder Yuaje International||Factbook
'cause cyrillic looks nicer than greek

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 20, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:07 am

OOC knowledge only!

We're working in secret on an indestructable regenerating organic metal known only as Substance Z. You don't want to see the reseults of A-Y, their, frightening. In fact, Substance A eventually developed into a contributing member of society, through methods we don't know about. One night, Substance A was a block of material in a lab, the next morning, Substance A was a sentient entity of indescribable horror.

We're also working on a class of ship we'll only call Anomaly class.

Kantria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kantria » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:32 am

Kantria's government primarily provides funding for research in the areas of neurology and computer science, with the ultimate goal of creating a fully-functional artificial brain, capable of directly interfacing with and substituting for natural, organic brains. We are also experimenting with gene manipulation to improve baseline capabilities of humans, though we eventually hope to develop a highly-robust, physically superior replacement for the human body itself, which we expect to incorporate both organic and inorganic elements.
Straight, white, cis male U.S. American
Secular humanist
Social democrat
Transhumanist
Techno-utopian
Atheist (6.9)
Registered Democrat

I reserve the right to compromise, change my mind and otherwise ignore ideals in favor of pragmatic, effective solutions that benefit society. Small steps forward are still progress.

Despoticania
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2006
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Despoticania » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:38 am

My MT nation (Despoticania, obviously) is researching into several human enhancement technologies, like human genetic engineering, cybernetics and nanotechnological augmentation of mental and physical capabilities.

Looks like they were successfull, as my FT "nation" has fractured into several Interstellar Transhuman Trading Clans.
God was a dream of good government.

Despoticania factbooks

Paroom
Envoy

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Paroom » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:27 pm

The Paroom Outer Space Ensemble (POSE) and the Paroomian military are pleased to announce the creation of THE ultimate orbital weapon. This marvel of technology is inspired by the science fiction Halo series. Ladies and gentlemen, we introduce to you...

The Magnetic Accelerator Cannon

This colossal coilgun is one of our best-kept secrets. This orbtal station-mounted weapon will be able to fire a 600-ton ferric tungsten projectile at 30,000 meters per second using kinetic energy and powerful magnetic fields. Right now, it is in the construction stage at 2%, and our architects predict that it will be deployed to our space station by the end of August of this year or sooner. More information can be found here: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Magnetic_Accelerator_Cannon

OOC: Am I allowed to provide links to wiki sites? And is this godmodding?
Last edited by Paroom on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Current President: Roy Gardner (3rd, elected on 6/15/10)

Recent Activity:
-Founded the Krianian-Paroomian Alliance.
-Established an embassy in Kriania.
-Sided with Polska in the Polskan-Berengan War.
-Purchased military equipment from Montana-Darae Defences.
-Built MAC and launched it into space.

My Political Compass:
Economic:
Left/Right: -2.50

Social:
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

Magnetic Accelerator Cannon is ONLINE AND ORBITING EARTH

My Economy
Winner of the Nations' Cup Veteran Division!
Hablo Español!

Lizardium
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lizardium » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Scientists in Lizardium experiment on... hehehe... everything, you know, especially, on humans (for example, project "CHUCK" to create some supersoldiers)... Creating new deseases and poisons, cures for old ones, new weapons (nuclear, biological or even melee, hehehe), etc... Sciense, in general, is focused on military and medicine... Also we don't avoid such things like occultism and magic... MWAHAHAHAHA!.. :lol:

Meadowmere
Attaché

Founded: Jun 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Meadowmere » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 pm

The Bureaucrat of Khodoristan, is welcome to contact our state department to arrange a reciprocal mission or embassy arrangement, as your country chooses. The monarch sends word for the secretaries of state and interior to cooperate fully. The interior department will contact the agriculture college where our bio-efficiency experiments are centered.

The attorney general will also be advised in order her people to prepare a brief of necessary legal aspects to discuss with your country's legal authorities for appropriate release protocols for the release of techniques and information that possess monetary value. It would not do for your businesses to profit from our preliminary findings released for your review, or our people gaining inappropriate advantage from such studies as your country shares with our people.

We have faced this before when farmers participating in trials withheld some of their test crops in order to save seed and get a jump on neighbors who had to wait a couple of years for the finalized seed to be available on the market. We would not want you to hurt us, and certainly not for us to hurt you, when trust fails (besides, it really messes up the test results).

Special Assistant to the Monarch

Crystal

Altergo
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altergo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:12 pm

All of you are in the Dark Ages compared to Altergo's complex Science. Right know we are working on an efficient way to create Universes from scratch.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 pm

Altergo wrote:All of you are in the Dark Ages compared to Altergo's complex Science. Right know we are working on an efficient way to create Universes from scratch.

Aha.

Ahaha.

AHAHAHA.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
[SHOCKING] Woman dragged by coffee cup into the MANDRILL MAZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdllAAHq-WA

Altergo
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altergo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Allied Governments wrote:
Altergo wrote:All of you are in the Dark Ages compared to Altergo's complex Science. Right know we are working on an efficient way to create Universes from scratch.

Aha.

Ahaha.

AHAHAHA.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well, what remarkable, world changing, experiment are you working on?

Volzgrad
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Volzgrad » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Currently, the Empire is conducting several very high priority (and obviously top secret) military projects. The most prominent is labeled simply as Project Wolf, which is an extensive study for the potential use of genetically engineered, cross-species super soldiers for the Imperial Army and Commissariat. So far, it has made a respectable amount of progress, though the goal of a long-living and useful subject is still evading the scientists.

The other project, labeled as Project Ferrum, is a project to create useful, reliable, and powerful cybernetic replacements for lost limbs. So far, Project Ferrum has met with a great deal of success and rudimentary replacements limbs (not limited to but including legs, eyes, and arms) are currently entering early production phases. These cybernetics can allow a critically wounded soldier to return to duty as if the injuries were never sustained, and indeed there have been reports of improvements to combat performance after receiving a replacement limb.

Guanzhong
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Guanzhong » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:56 pm

We are working extensively on Agricultural science and engineering, and dabbling in genetic modification of crops.

Exiting stuff.
A Single Spark Can Light a Prairie Fire.
Embassies|Factbook
Member: COMINTERN, Serovskya Pact, SLU

Volzgrad
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Volzgrad » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:58 pm

Guanzhong wrote:We are working extensively on Agricultural science and engineering, and dabbling in genetic modification of crops.

Exiting stuff.

It puts my genetically modified super-soldiers to shame. Got any xtreme corn hybrids yet?

Paroom
Envoy

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Paroom » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Volzgrad wrote:
Guanzhong wrote:We are working extensively on Agricultural science and engineering, and dabbling in genetic modification of crops.

Exiting stuff.

It puts my genetically modified super-soldiers to shame. Got any xtreme corn hybrids yet?

OOC: Look up in the sky! What is it? It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's Supercorn!!!

Current President: Roy Gardner (3rd, elected on 6/15/10)

Recent Activity:
-Founded the Krianian-Paroomian Alliance.
-Established an embassy in Kriania.
-Sided with Polska in the Polskan-Berengan War.
-Purchased military equipment from Montana-Darae Defences.
-Built MAC and launched it into space.

My Political Compass:
Economic:
Left/Right: -2.50

Social:
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

Magnetic Accelerator Cannon is ONLINE AND ORBITING EARTH

My Economy
Winner of the Nations' Cup Veteran Division!
Hablo Español!

Fisenesia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Fisenesia » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Current Notable Topics Of Study

--Project Digamma--Psychokinesis Research

--Project San--Teleportation Development

--Project Qoppa--Nanotechnology Development

--Project Sampi--Artificial Intelligence Development