NATION

PASSWORD

Global Giant Retail Corporations: Know No Boundaries ( ? )

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
GOLTZBORG
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Global Giant Retail Corporations: Know No Boundaries ( ? )

Postby GOLTZBORG » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:55 pm

The govt of Goltzborg only allows a per-cent of mega / global retail corporations to operate within our borders; and all of these global retail corporations are required to grant the govt of Goltzborg the right to retain controlling interest of all of the units / stores which the global corps are granted permits to operate.

( OOC: Think Wal*Mart and the govts of Mexico and China; whereby, those two govts grant W*M business licenses, only with strict oversight by each of the two respective govts. )

Does your govt invite foreign based global retail corporations into your nation's markets; and if so, does your govt require controlling interests in these operations, or does your govt view these foreign global retail giants with the same rules and regulations as your own nation's retail chains ?

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:09 pm

No, we don't invite them, but if they want to come they can. They are subject to the same rules and regulations as domestic businesses.
Iā€™m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:13 pm

No, we don't really welcome them in at all. Exporting things to us is unlikely enough, but coming here and establishing stores? Unheard of.

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Frenequesta wrote:No, we don't invite them, but if they want to come they can. They are subject to the same rules and regulations as domestic businesses.

^This
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Return to Factbooks and National Information