NATION

PASSWORD

Inspections + Regulations = Public Protection

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
GOLTZBORG
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Inspections + Regulations = Public Protection

Postby GOLTZBORG » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:52 pm

The Ministry of Agriculture has a division that inspects and regulates the production and distribution of crop produce and meat-producing animals, for the safety and protecion of the people of Goltzborg; as well as, oversees the manufacturing and distribution of man-made products produced for personal use, such as: medicines, cosmetics, food additives, etc.

This division of the the Ministry of Agriculture is known as the Consumer Protection Division / C.P.D.; and has the authority to issue and cancel licenses and permits to corporations engaged in any of the above categories of consumables.

Does your govt have any similar division for the protection of your citizens, with regards to products that are consumed by the public ?

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:55 pm

There are two authorities that inspect products: the Public Health Department of the Federal Government, and the privately-owned Public Safety Association.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Costa Fiero
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fiero » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Does your govt have any similar division for the protection of your citizens, with regards to products that are consumed by the public ?

Each ministry which oversees a commerical industry such as agriculture issues their own guidelines according to that specific industry. There are usually now "universal" rules but the vast majority of manufacturers, producers, growers etc. use common sense.

Return to Factbooks and National Information