NATION

PASSWORD

The View on Volume

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
GOLTZBORG
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

The View on Volume

Postby GOLTZBORG » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:57 am

( OOC: Think how much louder advertisements are, when compared to regular television and radio programs; whereby, one usually has to mute, or turn down the volume, when an ad is aired; and then has to adjust the volume controls again when the ad is done. / Note: Same or similar law that had been suggested in the U.S. Congress last year. )

The Ministry Of Communication Affairs ( M.O.C.A. ), of the govt of Goltzborg, has established a universal volume standard, which regulates the intensity of sound by which any radio or television program is allowed to broadcast on any advertisement being aired over the public airwaves; whereby, the same degree of volume has to be maintained as the regular program that promotes any product in an advertisement.

Such action was requested by several physicians who practice medicine that involves their patients hearing; and has since been required as the standard by which all radio and television advertising will be conducted within the borders of Goltzborg.

Is there any regulation of volume in the broadcasts of your nation's radio and/or television advertising ?
Last edited by GOLTZBORG on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inutoland
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inutoland » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:33 pm

No, there's no law about it. But there isn't a single broadcaster in the country who would agree to broadcast advertisements at a higher volume than the main programming schedule. That would be considered an abuse of their position as broadcasters and almost a breach of public trust.

In short, we don't legislate it, but we don't need to because our culture regulates the behaviour for us. We discourage that kind of "corporations can ignore the demand for reasonable behaviour because They Have The Money" thinking.
Note: Our NS page is not entirely accurate. Please use the Factbook.
Embassy Program (MT) | MT Factbook | Culture Test (MT) | FT Factbook
Economic Left/Right: -3.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

If you want to abbreviate my nation's name, I prefer "Inu"

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Corporations may broadcast at whatever volume they like, however Imerians are not that impressed by loud noises so if they want to keep their listeners or viewers so is it wise for them to use an appropriate volume for their broadcasts.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:57 pm

There are no regulations, but Decepticon holovision sets typically have noise-evening technology because the market prefers this capability. Since this became common, advertisers have stopped bothering to jack up the volume of their ads.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:10 pm

We don't legislate every breath the people take. If the commercials are too loud, complain to the sponsor.

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 22, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Tsvarchivans are louder than their televisions, so perhaps they need a volume control.

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:19 pm

No, it's up to the people viewing the broadcasts to do this. Each TV remote comes with 2 nice, big buttons specially set aside for this purpose.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Capivara Group
Envoy

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Capivara Group » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:13 pm

You need to regulate volume? What manner of travesty is this?
This post has been awarded the Official Seu Creysson seal of quality by Seu Creysson, CEO of Capivara Seu Creysson Group Inc. ("Capivara Group")

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:44 pm

No, remotes do that.
Canadian
Political Compass
Member of: RIMT | CI | WA
Dominions: The Rhodian Antilles
New Factbook & Embassy in the Works--Never Forget

Amacrei
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Amacrei » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:We don't legislate every breath the people take. If the commercials are too loud, complain to the sponsor.

Quite right. No government has any business legislating on such issues.
Muammar Muhammad al-Gaddafi, also known as Colonel Gaddafi, siezed the leadership of Libya illegally through force of arms on 1 September, 1969. Those who call him the legitimate leader in Libya really need to do some more homework, and perhaps take a good look at themselves morally.

Both sides have problems, and the rebels are certainly working with criminals, but the man they are fighting is not a saint. Remove them both, and let the Libyan people decide. Is it too much to request a little backbone from our leaders in this?

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:48 pm

No, of course not! Because we have common sense!
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information