NATION

PASSWORD

Latin Hispania National Factbook

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Latin Hispania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Latin Hispania National Factbook

Postby Latin Hispania » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:43 pm

National Factbook of The Obviously Independent State of Latin Hispania

Latin Hispania is a large nation located in the Pacific Ocean. It is a huge landmass that ranges approximately from the 110º meridian to the 160º meridian, north-south it ranges from just outside to Antarctic Circle to the 30º parallel.
It is the most heavily populated nation on Earth and is also one of the largest at 3,800,933 square miles (islands included). Latin Hispania is a friendly open nation that holds diplomatic relations with most countries in the international community.
Last edited by Latin Hispania on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

Mr. Wallcott: Are you sure about that, Agent Cho? Because I can make one phone call and your career is toast.
Cho: That's impressive. The best I can get with one call is a pizza.

A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is adressed: "To whom it may concern."

"God loves sex. Indeed, He created sex." - The Highest Messenger

Me: I just can´t do this anymore. I´ll kill myself tomorrow.
Consciousness: NO, there are better ways!
Me: Like what?
Consciousness: You can kill everyone you hate and then kill yourself.
Me: True...

Factbook

Latin Hispania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Geography

Postby Latin Hispania » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Ecosystems
Being a very large country, Latin Hispania has varied weather and topography. Since it reaches as far south as the Antarctic Circle, the southern edge of the country received a lot of snow during the Southern Hemisphere winter. Most of the southeastern zone of Latin Hispania consists of forests, most of the time the forests are dense and easy to get lost in, but in recent years large areas have been cut down to accommodate the growing population. The southwestern zone is mostly tundra that becomes prairies the higher north you go.
In the northern part of the country there is a large rainforest very similar to the Amazon. It is sometimes considered a "sister" rainforest and shares many characteristics with its Brazilian equivalent.
The central area of Latin Hispania consists, weirdly enough, of a desert. Although the desert is quite small, it is one of the deadliest places on Earth, as it is large enough that you can get lost and walk around for weeks before exiting it.

Topography
Latin Hispania is crisscrossed by three different tectonic plates, the Antarctic, Nazca, and Pacific plates. These plates form two main mountain ridges. The Nazca ridge, which occupies a small part of northeastern Latin Hispania is made up of prominent mountains that are not to high, the highest in that ridge being Mt. Velasco (named after the first person to climb it) which measures 6,780 meters.
The Hispanian Ridge, which ranges all the way from where the Antarctic and Pacific plates meet across the country. It is made up of some of the tallest mountains on Earth, with the highest mountain in the ridge, Devil's Peak (Pico del Diablo), measuring 18,153 meters high. It has never been conquered. The average height of the mountains in the Hispanian ridge is 8,945 meters high. This makes for very difficult crossings through this ridge. It also separates clearly the Hispanian desert from the northern rainforests and western forests.
The rest of Latin Hispania is relatively flat with elevations that range from -300 meters below sea level to smallish mountains of 3,000 meters high.

Hydrography
Latin Hispania has many rivers and lakes. Most of these water bodies are located on the northwestern and southeastern corners of the country, although a few important rivers descend from the Latin Hispanian ridge into the Hispanian Desert and the western forests. The longest river in the country is the Rio de Oro, named by Spanish colonizers in honor to the Argentinian and Uruguayan Rio de la Plata. It is a long river that crosses the northern half of western Latin Hispania. It was named that way because of the gold dust that traveled through it in relatively large quantities during the XVII and XVIII centuries.
Latin Hispania also has various lakes, most of small to medium size and with a few large lakes. The largest lake in the country, Lake Paradise (Lago Paraiso) is located, ironically, in the Hispanian desert. It is surrounded by a large fertile oasis that houses some of the few Latin Hispanian cities located in the desert.
There are many other lakes located throughout the country, most of them in the northern edges, although there are a few not-frozen lakes in the south.

Demography
Latin Hispania advanced parallel to Europe and Eastern Asia throughout the development of man, with it being only a century or so behind in technological achievement. When it was "discovered" in 1596 by Spanish sailors. After this clash of cultures, the Latin Hispanian peoples, which consisted mostly of Caucasians that migrated thousands of years ago and various different indigenous groups that had found their way to Latin Hispania over the millennia. Some of those consisted of South American fishermen, mostly Incas. There were also many peoples with similar characteristics to the indigenous polynesian peoples.
After Latin Hispania established relations with the Old World, the makeup of the population greatly changed. African people were introduced as slaves by the Spanish and European immigrants, and Chinese and Indian explorers moved there after hearing of the wonders of the new continent.
Nowadays the population's ethnicities are to mixed up. The two dominant groups are still native Caucasians and whites of European origins and the Polynesian Hispanians, but they make up less than 50% of all the population. There are significant population of people of African descent, descendants of Eastern Asian explorers and immigrants, as well as various smaller population groups, namely Arab and North American peoples.
Last edited by Latin Hispania on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mr. Wallcott: Are you sure about that, Agent Cho? Because I can make one phone call and your career is toast.

A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is adressed: "To whom it may concern."

Factbook

Latin Hispania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

History

Postby Latin Hispania » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Latin Hispania was somehow reached by ancestors of humans before America. It is theorized that early Homo Sapiens in Europe and the Middle East embarked on a trek across Asia and then somehow managed to reach the island group in rafts. The most likely theory is that European men did travel across Asia (the genetic makeup of Europeans and some Latin Hispanians is surprisingly similar) and island-hopped across the Pacific until they managed to reach Latin Hispania with the help of the numerous atolls in the western pacific. For this theory to be true, the settlers would have had to do this trek in a relatively short amount of time, perhaps as little as 700 years.
With the European travelers, various Asian, Indonesian, and Polynesian groups might've joined the trek, this would explain the varied races that make up Latin Hispania today and that were there when contact with the Spanish was made.

Once Latin Hispania was permanently settled, it grew in a similar way to Europe and Asia. Various civilizations saw their rise and fall, so did empires. A few examples of this would be civilizations would be the Tlocarianos, the Meridianos, and the Porfarianos, which took place during 10,000 BC, 9,300 BC, and 8600 BC respectively.
Many empires also saw their rise in Latin Hispanian, namely the Mortican Empire, which at one time managed to control all of mainland Latin Hispania. Other important empires are the Plofurias, Amatistur, and Negotherion Empires.
Of these empires, the last one was the one that controlled most of Latin Hispania at the time of European contact, despite having been born out of war, it was a pacific empire that wanted as little war as possible, an experience learned from the last few centuries of Latin Hispanian history.The Negotherion Empire ruled the almost entirety of the landmass for two hundred years before the first Spaniard ships were spotted on the horizon.
After first contact, the European explorers were surprised to find a civilization as advanced as their own in the Americas, a continent that had been though to be inhabited only by savages and peoples with little technological advancement. When it became obvious that conquest wasn't an option, the Spanish conquistadors forged an alliance with the Negotherion Empire. This alliance would set the foundations of a prosperous and productive trade relationship with Spain, and later on, the rest of Europe.
Last edited by Latin Hispania on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Factbook

Latin Hispania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Government

Postby Latin Hispania » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm

reserved

Factbook

Latin Hispania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Armed Forces

Postby Latin Hispania » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:45 pm

reserved

Factbook

Latin Hispania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Latin Hispanians

Postby Latin Hispania » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:45 pm

reserved

Factbook

Latin Hispania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Economy

Postby Latin Hispania » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 pm

reserved

Factbook

Latin Hispania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Communications

Postby Latin Hispania » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 pm

reserved
Last edited by Latin Hispania on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Factbook

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information