NATION

PASSWORD

REPEALED

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:44 am

Official Diplomatic Communication from the Uedcw Eqereoij, Someone of the Republic of Unnamedland to Uncle Happy, dictator of the Democratic People's Republic of Uncle Happy
Encryption: None

You're insane.
Last edited by Unnamedland on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

D I R E C T R U L E F R O M T I B B L E S

RIP Agentugly/Fred Flea, unjustly deleted
Founder, Defender, Flea

The Uncle Happy
Envoy

Founded: Sep 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Uncle Happy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:44 am

Purpelia wrote:
The Uncle Happy wrote:Most nations do not allow minors to marry people, animals, or objects.

Well no, of course not. You can't marry someone if you can neither impart children upon them or have them imparted by that someone onto you. But sex and marriage have nothing to do with one another. One is fun and the other is a contract between parents and the child for the purpose or raising said child.

(Purpelian marriage customs are ... non conventional ...)

Alright, we'll make an exemption for Purpelian tourists who want to "get affectionate". But nothing that causes harm to our children.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:46 am

The Uncle Happy wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Well no, of course not. You can't marry someone if you can neither impart children upon them or have them imparted by that someone onto you. But sex and marriage have nothing to do with one another. One is fun and the other is a contract between parents and the child for the purpose or raising said child.

Alright, we'll make an exemption for Purpelian tourists who want to "get affectionate". But nothing that causes harm to our children.

We like you, Uncle Happy. You are the kind of person that we can do business with.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Escanthea
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Escanthea » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:46 am

Purpelia wrote:
The Uncle Happy wrote:Most nations do not allow minors to marry people, animals, or objects.

Well no, of course not. You can't marry someone if you can neither impart children upon them or have them imparted by that someone onto you. But sex and marriage have nothing to do with one another. One is fun and the other is a contract between parents and the child for the purpose or raising said child.

Why has no one burned this country to the ground yet...
HRH Justinian Ezkantion- Prince Consort of Ainulindale, Emperor of Escanthea, Sovereign of Dellenaria
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
-Mewtwo

Senator of Ainur
Speaker for the Senate of Ainur
Foreign Minister of Ainur
Co-Minister of Internal Affairs of Ainur
Co-Regent of Ainur
Crown Prince of Ainur
Court Scribe of Wintreath
King of Ainur (claimant)

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:48 am

Escanthea wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Well no, of course not. You can't marry someone if you can neither impart children upon them or have them imparted by that someone onto you. But sex and marriage have nothing to do with one another. One is fun and the other is a contract between parents and the child for the purpose or raising said child.

Atomic weapons. Also the fact that having marriage be something that the parents enter into only to raise a child and than leave is hardly a massively controversial thing. Different, sure. But hardly in any way shocking or provocative. It's like "You two live together. Once you get a kid society considers you married and subsidizes you to raise that kid. Once it's all grown up the support ends."
Last edited by Purpelia on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:49 am

Escanthea wrote:

Agreed. We need an Anti-Uncle Happy Coalition. Anyone...anyone...

And by the way, due to the Southern Northian Regional Treaty and a bunch of other stuff I've RPed, your going to be facing Hetrica as well, and maybe Indo-Malaysia and The Imperium Empires, if we ever go to war.
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

Founder, Defender, Flea

Escanthea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Escanthea » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:51 am

Purpelia wrote:
Escanthea wrote:Why has no one burned this country to the ground yet...

Atomic weapons. Also the fact that having marriage be something that the parents enter into only to raise a child and than leave is hardly a massively controversial thing. Different, sure. But hardly in any way shocking or provocative.

Yeah, but the minors and sexual acts with animals being A-okay is a little more controversial. A lot more, actually.
HRH Justinian Ezkantion- Prince Consort of Ainulindale, Emperor of Escanthea, Sovereign of Dellenaria
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
-Mewtwo

Senator of Ainur
Co-Regent of Ainur
Crown Prince of Ainur
King of Ainur (claimant)

Escanthea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Escanthea » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:52 am

Unnamedland wrote:
Escanthea wrote:Why has no one burned this country to the ground yet...

Agreed. We need an Anti-Uncle Happy Coalition. Anyone...anyone...

And by the way, due to the Southern Northian Regional Treaty and a bunch of other stuff I've RPed, your going to be facing Hetrica as well, and maybe Indo-Malaysia and The Imperium Empires, if we ever go to war.

Or we could just pay some suicidal citizens in their capital to activate a nuclear bomb and pretty much destroy the entire political system there in one stroke.
-Mewtwo

Senator of Ainur
Co-Regent of Ainur
Crown Prince of Ainur
King of Ainur (claimant)

Ndaku
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ndaku » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:54 am

The Federation of Bosnia and Hercegovina wrote:Military forces are sent to Uncle Happy to try and liberate the people on the mediocre regions

320 soldiers
13 Tanks
4 Helicopters

This action is most definitely not necessary and the Federation implores the Bosnian government to keep armed conflict out of the equation for now.
'Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.' (II Timothy 4:1-5 NKJV)

Non-denominational Christian. Savopia is my WA puppet nation. Feel free to telegram me!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:55 am

Escanthea wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Atomic weapons. Also the fact that having marriage be something that the parents enter into only to raise a child and than leave is hardly a massively controversial thing. Different, sure. But hardly in any way shocking or provocative.

Yeah, but the minors and sexual acts with animals being A-okay is a little more controversial. A lot more, actually.

Sexual acts with animals are legal in many countries in the real world. This includes Canada, Finland and some american states. As for the rest really it's hardly the most controversial thing in the world. There are countries out there, in the real world today that practice much more shocking things as matter of fact and nobody bothers them.

Like for example it's a completely normal and tolerated custom in large swathes of Africa for people with AIDS to rape virgins in a belief that this will cure them. The various rich crab countries essentially use slave labor in the form of imported Asian workers that work in conditions resembling the american south. Etc.

Purpelia is purposefully designed to be shocking but actually not that massively out there if you chose to stick your head out into the real world. If it was a real nation its international standing would be about that of say Russia. Not liked but also not despised.
Last edited by Purpelia on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Paradimensional Ascendancy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Paradimensional Ascendancy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:59 am

"The Ascendancy chuckles amusedly at this demonstration, yet intends to continue selling our goods to Uncle Happy at the best prices." -Supreme Leader Sophistic

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:00 am

The Federation of Bosnia and Hercegovina wrote:Military forces are sent to Uncle Happy to try and liberate the people on the mediocre regions

320 soldiers
13 Tanks
4 Helicopters

Agreed, although that small of an invasion force may not be enough. I would recommend something much larger. I might not be able to provide much help, though, since Unnamedland doesn't really have that much of an army and it relies on it's navy to defend itself, since Unnamedland is an island.

An official embargo of The Uncle Happy begins, although I know it won't do much.

Although...didn't Uncle Happy say they were using their navy to stop people from escaping by sea? How big is your navy, Uncle Happy, and how well-defended is it against submarine or air warfare?
Join Driselbia!

Founder, Defender, Flea

Escanthea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Escanthea » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:01 am

Purpelia wrote:
Escanthea wrote:Yeah, but the minors and sexual acts with animals being A-okay is a little more controversial. A lot more, actually.

Sexual acts with animals are legal in many countries in the real world. This includes Canada, Finland and some american states. As for the rest really it's hardly the most controversial thing in the world. There are countries out there, in the real world today that practice much more shocking things as matter of fact and nobody bothers them.

Like for example it's a completely normal and tolerated custom in large swathes of Africa for people with AIDS to rape virgins in a belief that this will cure them. The various rich crab countries essentially use slave labor in the form of imported Asian workers that work in conditions resembling the american south. Etc.

Purpelia is purposefully designed to be shocking but actually not that massively out there if you chose to stick your head out into the real world.

That's a cop out answer and you know it. And wasn't there some sort of WA law that prevented bestiality?
-Mewtwo

Senator of Ainur
Co-Regent of Ainur
Crown Prince of Ainur
King of Ainur (claimant)

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:02 am

Escanthea wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Sexual acts with animals are legal in many countries in the real world. This includes Canada, Finland and some american states. As for the rest really it's hardly the most controversial thing in the world. There are countries out there, in the real world today that practice much more shocking things as matter of fact and nobody bothers them.

Purpelia is purposefully designed to be shocking but actually not that massively out there if you chose to stick your head out into the real world.

That's a cop out answer and you know it. And wasn't there some sort of WA law that prevented bestiality?

No, it's an explicit design goal. Basically I want to shock but not be implausible.

Also, I don't RP outside a closed circle and thus do not interact with the WA or the rest of NS in general aside from threads in this section.

Escanthea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Escanthea » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:05 am

Purpelia wrote:
Escanthea wrote:That's a cop out answer and you know it. And wasn't there some sort of WA law that prevented bestiality?

No, it's an explicit design goal. Basically I want to shock but not be implausible.

Also, I don't RP outside a closed circle and thus do not interact with the WA or the rest of NS in general aside from threads in this section.

I guess if I actually followed the WA I wouldn't be using animal testing for my chemical weapons experiments, and that's never gonna not happen. But still, I can feel nothing but disgust at everything you do. So as an Imperialist it is my sworn duty to laugh maniacally when one of your citizens dies from screwing a horse and type about how it's justice on the internet.
-Mewtwo

Senator of Ainur
Co-Regent of Ainur
Crown Prince of Ainur
King of Ainur (claimant)

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:07 am

Escanthea wrote:
Purpelia wrote:No, it's an explicit design goal. Basically I want to shock but not be implausible.

I guess if I actually followed the WA I wouldn't be using animal testing for my chemical weapons experiments, and that's never gonna not happen. But still, I can feel nothing but disgust at everything you do. So as an Imperialist it is my sworn duty to laugh maniacally when one of your citizens dies from screwing a horse and type about how it's justice on the internet.

That's the reaction I want really. Impotent disgust. :)

Anyway, back to everyone's favorite cheerful uncle.

The Federation of Bosnia and Hercegovina wrote:BiH troops continue to push forward. Ignoring the appeal of the other countries.
They added an additional 320 soldiers, 32 tanks and 14 helicopters as well.

That's what, a battalion worth total? Something like that. How are they not dead already?
Last edited by Purpelia on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:14 am

The Federation of Bosnia and Hercegovina wrote:
Purpelia wrote:That's the reaction I want really. Impotent disgust. :)

Anyway, back to everyone's favorite cheerful uncle.

That's what, a battalion worth total? Something like that. How are they not dead already?

We're taking smaller areas, also its an ADDITION to an already existing force.

And how are you transporting these to his nation? Like do you think anyone in between is going to let you drive an army through? Well, I might. But it'd cost you a pretty penny. Probably more than you've got really.

Provincias Unidas Sudamericanas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Provincias Unidas Sudamericanas » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:32 am

Well they're still in transport, we mostly drop them out of skies or shoot our ways through the seas.

Also, what countries border uncle happy? So i can pass through fine.

We only border Gran Colombia and Brazil. But you better not fly through our airspace to go to Uncle Happy.
This nation is getting a complete makeover. Facts and policies posted before 2019 are NOT accurate.

Jumhuriyah Hindustan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jumhuriyah Hindustan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:40 am

After seeing the poor roleplaying in this thread, I feel like retconning.
☪اللہ اکبر☪
Proud member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation
THE REPUBLIC OF HINDUSTAN
Head of State: Prime Minister Abdullah Rahman
Capital City: Lahore
RP Population: 867,000,000
RP Military: 875,000 Active, 1,540,000 Reserves, 250,000 Paramilitary (2,665,000 Total)
Tech: MT
Factbook
Map
Chrinthanium wrote:No. There is no Blaatslutten here.
Alvecia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:One problem with that. A 707 didn't hit the towers a 757 did

50 arbitrary units of plane more than it could withstand

Provincias Unidas Sudamericanas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Provincias Unidas Sudamericanas » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:47 am

"Uncle Happy, we would like 10 humans to test our new chemical weapons. How much do you want for them?"

South American weapons engineer
Last edited by Provincias Unidas Sudamericanas on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
This nation is getting a complete makeover. Facts and policies posted before 2019 are NOT accurate.

Jumhuriyah Hindustan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jumhuriyah Hindustan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:50 am

Jumhuriyah Hindustan wrote:After seeing the poor roleplaying in this thread, I feel like retconning.

Its not even in a roleplay forum

From the index:
A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In-character]
☪اللہ اکبر☪
RP Military: 875,000 Active, 1,540,000 Reserves, 250,000 Paramilitary (2,665,000 Total)
Factbook
Map
Alvecia wrote:

Jumhuriyah Hindustan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jumhuriyah Hindustan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:57 am

Jumhuriyah Hindustan wrote:From the index:
A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In-character]

Yes, but its INFORMATION,
if its to be RP it should be moved to International Incidents

Well then, without spamming the thread, I suggest to move this to II? I'll TG Happy.
☪اللہ اکبر☪
Factbook
Map
Alvecia wrote:

The Uncle Happy
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Uncle Happy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:17 pm

The Party has officially REPEALED the ban on numbers and math. It cites the following reasons:
-Enforcing the ban required a lot of manpower
-Uncle Happy did not experience significant economic growth from the ban
-Rates of defection actually increased as a result of the ban

While using numbers is no longer illegal, advanced mathematics will not be taught in schools as the Party considers it a useless subject like art, music, or creative writing. Uncle Happy citizens only need to know enough to do manual or factory labor, and fight in the military.

Caelestiam
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelestiam » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:18 pm

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT WORK GENTLEMEN, KEEP UP THE PRESSURE.
I do NOT use NS STATS. Please refer to my factbooks here: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=caelestiam/detail=factbook for information.
A Modern Fantasy slight PMT Nation founded in 1255 AD, today still run by a monarchy and an appointed Council. Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Beastfolk in modern Central Asia, around a terraformed Caspian Sea. Traditional, sensible, classical liberal.

Troperia wrote:We, of the Troperian Government would like to congratulate Uncle Happy for finally giving their ordinary citizens basic human rights.

The Uncle Happy
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Uncle Happy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Don't be too excited. The ban on music, sports, cars, computers, and fun isn't going away anytime soon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information