NATION

PASSWORD

What is the main military weapon of your country?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:14 am

Fanaglia wrote:Tagan Arms presents its new line of combat weapons for 1883!

The TR-83 and TR-83C
Designed to replace the Tagan Revolving Rifle and Carbine, it features an improved gas-seal system similar to the previous model. The cylinder moves forward when the gun was cocked to close the gap between the cylinder and the barrel, providing a boost to the muzzle velocity of the fired projectile. Another advantage of this system is that it now allows the weapon to be suppressed - something very few revolvers can do because of the leaking of high-velocity gas through the gap between the cylinder and barrel, defeating the purpose of a sound suppressor.

The most significant change from the Tagan Rifle is the larger seven-shot cylinder, increased from 5 for the Tagan.

Another improvement over the original Tagan Rifle is the return to using iron rather than brass. The brass was originally chosen for its resistance to corrosion and little frictional resistance, though the metal proved inconveniently soft for the extra heat experienced by the barrels of repeating weapons. Also featured are a new, more comfortable stock and trigger assembly, added loops for the easy attachment of a shoulder strap, standard bayonet, and a lighter, more slender wooden handguard for decreased weight.

Length: 815 mm (rifle); 592 mm (carbine)
Weight: 3.7 kg (rifle); 3.0 kg (carbine)
Cartridge: .303 British
Action: Double-Action Revolver
Muzzle Velocity: 844 m/s
Feed System: 7-shot cylinder

The Tagan-12 Model 1883
Tagan Arms' first commercially-produced shotgun. Based on the TR-83 with a larger cylinder and barrel, but without the trademark gas-seal system.

Length: 586 mm
Weight: 3.1 kg
Caliber: 12-guage
Effective Range: 17 m
Feed System: 5-shot cylinder

OOC: I love Photoshop :lol: It took about 6 different guns to make these. Hope they're appreciated. Handgun and Gatling gun soon to come.

OOC:

Psst! you might want to edit the little .303s to have round nose bullets. Pointed bullets are so 1910 ;)
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:50 am

Crookfur wrote:

The TR-83 and TR-83C
Designed to replace the Tagan Revolving Rifle and Carbine, it features an improved gas-seal system similar to the previous model. The cylinder moves forward when the gun was cocked to close the gap between the cylinder and the barrel, providing a boost to the muzzle velocity of the fired projectile. Another advantage of this system is that it now allows the weapon to be suppressed - something very few revolvers can do because of the leaking of high-velocity gas through the gap between the cylinder and barrel, defeating the purpose of a sound suppressor.

The most significant change from the Tagan Rifle is the larger seven-shot cylinder, increased from 5 for the Tagan.

Another improvement over the original Tagan Rifle is the return to using iron rather than brass. The brass was originally chosen for its resistance to corrosion and little frictional resistance, though the metal proved inconveniently soft for the extra heat experienced by the barrels of repeating weapons. Also featured are a new, more comfortable stock and trigger assembly, added loops for the easy attachment of a shoulder strap, standard bayonet, and a lighter, more slender wooden handguard for decreased weight.

The Tagan-12 Model 1883
Tagan Arms' first commercially-produced shotgun. Based on the TR-83 with a larger cylinder and barrel, but without the trademark gas-seal system.

OOC: I love Photoshop :lol: It took about 6 different guns to make these. Hope they're appreciated. Handgun and Gatling gun soon to come.

OOC:

Psst! you might want to edit the little .303s to have round nose bullets. Pointed bullets are so 1910 ;)

OOC: :blink: :palm: You're right... More like 1891, though (the Mark 3, which used cordite instead of black powder), but I'd only seen pics of the pointed-tipped ones and it never even occurred to me. Thanks! I'll get on that...eventually...probably...
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Wanderjar
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wanderjar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:51 am

Wanderjarian Small Arms
MT
The Dual Habsburg Kingdom and Afrikaner Free State of Wanderjar

King Kristian von Habsburg
State President Michael Blair
Prime Minister Jan van Hoyek
Economic Left/Right: 9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59
"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my wrath upon them." Ezekiel 25:17

FT
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 am

Sharada wrote:
Noders wrote:
Sharada wrote:
Qoph wrote:Qoph's basic infantry gun is the M16. Yeah, we're boring, deal with it.

Go with what works i allways say,my nation stil uses the ak-47.
and these things.

ISRAEL SAYS BYE BYE

you are a genocidal Maniac.
DEATH TO THE ZIONISM!

I bet one of those missiles are shooped in.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Solyhniya
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solyhniya » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:31 am

Satirius wrote:
Solyhniya wrote:While we're on PDWs, allow me to introduce the Spaškov ZSO-300.

The ZSO-300 is Spaškov Industries' most successful attempt at a personal defence weapon. It is used by tank crews, security guards, bodyguards and special forces amongst others.

It fires the standard 6.1x35mm PDW round used in Solyhniya and some other Eurasian countries. A highly asymmetric design, the collapsible stock is held only on the right-hand side of the weapon, whilst the side-fed, 54 round magazine is loaded on the left.

The magazine feeds from the rear. To load, the mag should be thrust towards the front locking mechanism (the grey area to the front of the clip); the clip fits into a system pivoting on a fulcrum, allowing the user to easily swing and slam the magazine into the receiving end. To charge the weapon, the magazine is drawn back temporarily; it will readjust to its original position.

The ZSO-300 is moderately accurate, and is "precise" when fired semi-auto at ranges of up to 300m. It has a high rate of fire of 880rpm.

EDIT: Apologies, the case ejector is difficult to point out. It's the rectangular indent on the right of the weapon.

I can only imagine the ease of rushing this weapon. Forget tank crews, this could be the AK of submachine guns.

I take that as compliment :ugeek:
Last edited by Solyhniya on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Democratic Hetmanate of Solynia
Демократичне Гетьманство Солинії
The Pan-Slavic Union State Embassies
Dimoniquid wrote:Dear God, Solyhniya, you kick so much ass!

Skaladora wrote:Christians in general and Catholics in particular should stop giving more weight to the words of random morons, and listen more closely to what the guy they believe to have been the son of God has been saying.

United human countries wrote:Funniest joke is one you don't have to explain.

Unless they don't get it.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 am

Fanaglia wrote:
Crookfur wrote:

The TR-83 and TR-83C

The Tagan-12 Model 1883

OOC:

OOC: :blink: :palm: You're right... More like 1891, though (the Mark 3, which used cordite instead of black powder), but I'd only seen pics of the pointed-tipped ones and it never even occurred to me. Thanks! I'll get on that...eventually...probably...

Well the Mk 3 should be a hollow point but sadly pictures of anything before the MK7 are very rare
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Noders
Senator

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noders » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 am

Satirius wrote:
Sharada wrote:
Noders wrote:
Sharada wrote:
Qoph wrote:Qoph's basic infantry gun is the M16. Yeah, we're boring, deal with it.

and these things.

ISRAEL SAYS BYE BYE

DEATH TO THE ZIONISM!

LOL :rofl: :rofl: :lol2: :lol2:
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Me=Noders God of pissing you off
Parkus= God Of Sex and Cool and lots of Cigs
Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
Indeos=God of you know what just a bloody god
Xarithis= God Of World Domination
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:43 am

Noders wrote:
Satirius wrote:
Sharada wrote:
Noders wrote:
Sharada wrote:

and these things.

ISRAEL SAYS BYE BYE

DEATH TO THE ZIONISM!

One on the far left is definitely a paste affair.

Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Crookfur wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:
Crookfur wrote:

The TR-83 and TR-83C

The Tagan-12 Model 1883

OOC:

Well the Mk 3 should be a hollow point but sadly pictures of anything before the MK7 are very rare

I noticed :( if I even bother fixing them, I'll probably just leave them as-is and just round off the tips in Photoshop.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Dostanuot Loj
Senator

Founded: Nov 04, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dostanuot Loj » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Satirius wrote:
Noders wrote:
Satirius wrote:
Sharada wrote:
Noders wrote:
Sharada wrote:

and these things.

ISRAEL SAYS BYE BYE

DEATH TO THE ZIONISM!

It isn't. Anyone with any photoshop skills can tell.

Especially when you've seen the picture before. They're all real.
Leopard 1 IRL

Kyiv is my disobedient child. :P

Chernobyl-Pripyat
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernobyl-Pripyat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Chernobyl-Pripyat wrote:experimented with the AM-99 again, this time in bullpup configuration. It now has an ambidextrous non-reciprocating charging handle.

original

constructive criticism?

Chaos Crescent
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chaos Crescent » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Mechs and ourselves. And a few of the standard weaponry no nukes.

Once any child can carry and hold anything they are taught to use any ballistic, edged or their own bodies even their surroundings.

Mechs are used only during foreign engagements along with ground troops.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie. Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self.
Fun^10 x int^40=ir2
Timeline
I am your delusion.
Galactic Economic and Security Organization Member?

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Dostanuot Loj wrote:
Satirius wrote:
Noders wrote:
Satirius wrote:
Sharada wrote:
Noders wrote:
Sharada wrote:

and these things.

ISRAEL SAYS BYE BYE

DEATH TO THE ZIONISM!

It isn't. Anyone with any photoshop skills can tell.

Especially when you've seen the picture before. They're all real.

I was being sarcastic, but yes, I concede their authenticity.

Uawc
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Chernobyl-Pripyat wrote:
Chernobyl-Pripyat wrote:experimented with the AM-99 again, this time in bullpup configuration. It now has an ambidextrous non-reciprocating charging handle.

original

constructive criticism?

Bullpup is far better. I think you should make the barrel just a little bit longer though, to take advantage of the fact that, with a bullpup, you can do so without making the gun too imbalanced.
Pro-democracy, pro-NATO, anti-authoritarian, anti-extremism.
Ex-leftist and ex-Muslim.

I stand with Ukraine and Israel.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Altamirus wrote:
Altamirus wrote:What ya'll think about my battle rifle. Image
Range:1000 meters
Cartridge:7.62X51 NATO
.300 Winchester magnum
7.5 X 55 swiss
Magazine:10 round magazine
Operation: Balanced gas operation
Weight:8.50 kg
Known for its reduced recoil and power.
Barrel length:28.6
Overall length:39.2
Range: 1100
DM rifle
Semi auto.

^Any comments?

Seriously though, while the specs are very different, that looks like a scaled-down, less modular and heavier version of our CS-RO. Additionally, the sights don't seem to line up at all.

Also, that grip looks very difficult and uncomfortable to hold with human hands.
Last edited by Uawc on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Comunizland
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Comunizland » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:13 pm

FN F2000
The United Socialist States of Comunizland
Please visit our Factbook
Type of Government: Communist State, Welfare State

Nolstafvia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nolstafvia » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Altamirus wrote:
UAWC wrote:
Altamirus wrote:
Altamirus wrote:What ya'll think about my battle rifle. Image
Range:1000 meters
Cartridge:7.62X51 NATO
.300 Winchester magnum
7.5 X 55 swiss
Magazine:10 round magazine
Operation: Balanced gas operation
Weight:8.50 kg
Known for its reduced recoil and power.
Barrel length:28.6
Overall length:39.2
Range: 1100
DM rifle
Semi auto.

^Any comments?

Seriously though, while the specs are very different, that looks like a scaled-down, less modular and heavier version of our CS-RO. Additionally, the sights don't seem to line up at all.

Also, that grip looks very difficult and uncomfortable to hold with human hands.

^I'm not copying you.Image

He's not copying you, he only used the same receiver as you, the one from the Aug. I see nothing else the same.
Director of Populace: Brogund Nolstafvaer Ourgund
Currency: The Nolta
National Language: Nolstafvarian (Tressi)

Senestrum
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Senestrum » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

I already pointed that out to him, in lots of detail.
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?
If so, join Lineartinc today, Nationstates' only lineart community!
We welcome people of any skill level, from first-timers to veteran artists.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:08 pm

The stock, receiver and grip. :?

Ah, forget it.
Last edited by Uawc on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uawc
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Altamirus wrote:
UAWC wrote:The stock, receiver and grip. :?

Ah, forget it.

^Different rails, different sights, different barrels, and I have a scope and the gun is larger.

Wait, since when does our rifle not have a scope? :blink:

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Description: this is you all purpose infantry replacement droid capable of replacing bionic soldiers
Price Per 100=$200,000 USD
Class: Anti Personal Droid (Dink)
Mode of transportation: Bi Pedal
Height: 5"8
Armor: .23 inches of titanium durasteel
Weapons: Blast-o Gre.nades,K-16 Automatic Ri.fle .78 caliber bullets mag 50
AI: None Requires link to main data hub broadcast center for commands
Last edited by Noders on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Israslovakahzerbajan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Israslovakahzerbajan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:52 am

Noders wrote:Description: this is you all purpose infantry replacement droid capable of replacing bionic soldiers
Price Per 150=$20,000 USD

That is a really big FAMAS.
IC name: El Reino Panamericano/El Reino de La Dorada
IC Flag: Follow this link

México-Americano, por nacimiento. Nacionalista de mi país adoptivo: México.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Oh, I bet it counts alright...otaku gets anyone a x50 multiplier on their hell points.

The Eagleland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eagleland » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:32 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
UAWC wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
UAWC wrote:Oh, and by the way,the aforementioned 5.7x28mm round is also a hell of a lot thinner than both .45 and 9mm. If you want magazine capacity, accuracy, armor penetration and range, that's a damn good round to go for.

The 5.7x28mm round doesn't offer much damage after impact because it is so small, one of the main drawbacks to PDWs.

I'd still trust it over the 9mm for range and accuracy.

Well, it is only about half as wide, so it only makes about half as big a hole. So even if your 5.7mm round can hit the enemy, you will need far more hits to bring them down than with a 9mm.

Have to agree,the 5.7 can penetrate armor but does not carry as much punch as a 9mm let alone the 45.ACP.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:45 am

Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:
Noders wrote:Description: this is you all purpose infantry replacement droid capable of replacing bionic soldiers
Price Per 150=$20,000 USD

That is a really big FAMAS.

sorry i screwed that one up thanks though

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Vesser
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesser » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:59 am

The Vesser Independance Firearms Company has recently unveiled two new rifles.

First, is the VSK-1:

Cartridge: 7.62x39mm NATO
Action: Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of fire: 750 rounds/min
Muzzle velocity: 3,200 ft/s (975 m/s
Effective range: 600 yards (550 m)
Feed system: 20-round STANAG magazine

Second is the VSR-95:

Cartridge: 7.62x51mm NATO
Action: Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of fire: Semi-automatic
Muzzle velocity: 3,200 ft/s (975 m/s
Effective range: 1500 yards (1370 m)
Feed system: 10-round detachable box magazine

(OOC: These are my first actual rifles that I designed from scratch. How do they look?)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information