NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates: The Trading Card Game

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Vassel wrote:Nation Name*]The Northern Republic of Vassel [Health*] 6 [Type*]military
[Ability Name and Effect]Reinforcments:By sacrificing this card,you may place two more military types.
[Attack Damage*]4 [Attack Name*]Naval Force
[Attack Effect / Condition]Flip a coin.If heads,the damage is doubled.
[Attack2 Damage]5 [Attack2 Name]Orbital Defense Network
[Attack2 Effect / Condition]Flip a coin.If heads,you may attack a second time.
[Resistance]-2 economic

Those attacks are too powerful, honestly. Minimum, one turn, with only this card, you do 4 damage.

Max, you can do 15. And since you don't specify on the second attack whether it's another attack on the same card or not, you could knock out one card, and possibly knock out a much more powerful card as well. Maybe
[Attack Damage*]4
[Attack Name*]Naval Force
[Attack Effect / Condition] Flip a coin. If heads,the damage is halved.
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Shanix
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Vassel wrote:Nation Name*]The Northern Republic of Vassel [Health*] 6 [Type*]military
[Ability Name and Effect]Reinforcments:By sacrificing this card,you may place two more military types.
[Attack Damage*]2 [Attack Name*]Naval Force
[Attack Effect / Condition]Flip a coin. If heads,the damage is doubled.
[Attack2 Effect / Condition]Flip a coin. If heads, you may attack a second time. First attack does count. You may not attack the same card on the second attack.
[Resistance]-2 economic

Change looks good to me. Though the second attack could be a bit OP, depending on the cards deployed.

Vassel
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vassel » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Shanix wrote:
[Attack Damage*]2 [Attack Name*]Naval Force
[Attack Effect / Condition]Flip a coin. If heads,the damage is doubled.
[Attack2 Effect / Condition]Flip a coin. If heads, you may attack a second time. First attack does count. You may not attack the same card on the second attack.
[Resistance]-2 economic

Change looks good to me. Though the second attack could be a bit OP, depending on the cards deployed.

Well,I'm using a phone so...
Soldiers of dictatorships,they don't care about you or anyone!All the care about is the benefit of themselves and undermining eveyone around them!What the dictator does is treat you like machines,not humans!They think they can tell you whatever to do and you will do that!They even expect you to murder children just because of thier greed!The dictator has a black stone for a heart,a demon where thier sanity should be,and only care about money,not the benefit of the people!They fight for supremacy,not equality!Fight for freedom,not slavery,for liberty not captivity.

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:31 am

Jenrak wrote:
Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:
[Nation Name*]Central and Eastern Visayas
[Health*]6
[Type*]Political
[Ability Name and Effect]Trade Reform and Recovery Act: Once for every Central and Eastern Visayas card, add one Logistics Point for every Economic card the opponent has in play.
[Attack Damage*]1
[Attack Name*]Air Strike
[Attack Effect / Condition]X
[Attack2 Damage]2+
[Attack2 Name]Para Bellum
[Attack2 Effect / Condition]XXX Deals 2 damage plus 1 damage for every additional Logistics Point.
[Resistance]Economic -2

[Nation Name*]Kamaynilaan
[Health*]7
[Type*]Economic
[Ability Name and Effect]Manilan Protectionism: Once for every Kamaynilaan card, add one Logistics Point for every Economic card in play (both yours and your opponent's). If this card is knocked out after the effect is used, the opponent gets double Objective Points.
[Attack Damage*]2+
[Attack Name*]Imperial Blockade
[Attack Effect / Condition]XXX Deals 2 damage plus 1 damage for every additional Logistics Point.
[Attack2 Damage]2
[Attack2 Name]Word of the Lord
[Attack2 Effect / Condition]XXX The next Word of the Lord deals an additional 1 damage for every Kamaynilaan card you have in play, including this card. Effect can only activate every other turn.
[Resistance]Military -2

[Nation Name*]Western Visayas and Palawan
[Health*]6
[Type*]Military
[Ability Name and Effect]National Service: For every Western Visayas and Palawan card, increase all attack damage by 1 point for every 2 Logistics Points. If this card is knocked out after the ability is activated, the opponent earns double Objective Points.
[Attack Damage*]2+
[Attack Name*]High-speed Bombing Run
[Attack Effect / Condition]XXX Deals 2 damage plus 1 damage for every additional Logistics Point.
[Attack2 Damage]3+
[Attack2 Name]Full Mobilization
[Attack2 Effect / Condition]XXXXX Deals 3 damage plus 1 damage for every additional Logistics Point. Effect does not trigger if National Service has been activated.
[Resistance]Political -2

I'm thinking of a idea for a few cards. Any suggestions?

Is the formula for National Service y = y + (1 x 2L) or y = 1 x (1 + (1 x 2L))?

Each individual WVP card can add one additional attack point for every 2 LP's attached to it.

For example:

WVP card has 4 Logistics Points. If National Service is activated, that translates to an additional 2 attack points. If that same card uses High-speed Bombing Run, which requires 3 LP's and deals a minimum damage of 2, the actual damage dealt by the attack is 5 (2 base damage + 1 additional damage from extra LP + 2 additional damage from the effects of National Service). I added the catch in an attempt to balance it out.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:42 am

Jormengand wrote:Let's redo this:
[Nation Name]Jormengand [Health*] 5 [Type*] Military
[Ability Name and Effect] Bait force: Forces the target enemy (Must be used on an enemy!) nation to immediately use their ability. If their ability is targeted, the controlling player of the target may target the ability at any valid target. (Allows baited nation to decide target) If the ability is not valid at this time, it cannot be the targt of bait force. Bait force is used at any time, even out of sequence, so long as the target ability can also be used out of sequence.
[Attack Damage*] ? [Attack Name*]●●●● Logistical raid
[Attack Effect / Condition]Jormengand loses all logistic points, and the target nation takes 2 damage, plus 1 damage (Changed damage formula) for each logistics point Jormengand lost. (Can no longer take enemy logistics points on kill)
[Attack2 Damage] ? [Attack2 Name]●●●● Interception
[Attack2 Effect / Condition] All nation cards in play lose all logistics points, and take 2 damage for each that they lost. (Kills Jormengand, unless its health is buffed to at least 8 or it can somehow use fewer LP)
[Resistance: -1 to all nations]
Any more suggestions?
Last edited by Jormengand on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jormengand wrote:It would be really meta if I sigged this.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:48 am

Jormengand wrote:
Jenrak wrote:
I feel as if Bait force could lead to a ban on Morlago very quickly without caution. Perhaps in the future, once we figure it, since we have only rudimentary mechanics thus far. Logistical Raid equates to 8 damage for 4 LP, then can be replenished for another 8. That's a OHKO on a non-resistant card, where the highest base set card released thus far is at 8 health. Seems a bit overpowered in this scenario.

Interception is far too broken. A competent player will not play Interception with cards other than a long Jormengand, as a lone Jormengand can wreak havoc / destroy a field by itself.

Let's redo this:
[Ability Name and Effect] Bait force: Forces the target enemy (Must be used on an enemy!) nation to immediately use their ability. If their ability is targeted, the controlling player of the target may target the ability at any valid target. (Allows baited nation to decide target) If the ability is not valid at this time, it cannot be the targt of bait force. Bait force is used at any time, even out of sequence, so long as the target ability can also be used out of sequence.
[Attack Effect / Condition]Jormengand loses all logistic points, and the target nation takes 2 damage, plus 1 damage (Changed damage formula) for each logistics point Jormengand lost. (Can no longer take enemy logistics points on kill)
[Attack2 Effect / Condition] All nation cards in play lose all logistics points, and take 2 damage for each that they lost. (Kills Jormengand, unless its health is buffed to at least 8 or it can somehow use fewer LP)

Thoughts? Also, Kraven's ravage can 1HKO anything, especially when it's taken a lot of damage. Also, it can't be killed so easily by someone with the first turn. I don't see how Logistical raid (which also causes me to lose all my LP) is that OP.

Kraven has no resistance, whereas your card has resistance to all. That's very important, as now Kraven has a hard counter in Lamoni, which discards all LP from one nation. One Kraven has difficulty against Lamoni, which has Military Resistance on it, hence depriving Kraven of a hard-hitting status until the enemy gets out another Nation to sweep.

I'm really against Interception because it says "All Nation cards in play", which means both Actives, both Safe Zones, and then on top of that, they all get hit for 2 damage. Hence, one Jormengand using Interception will shut down an entire field because there's nothing to stop me from playing nothing but 1 Jormengand at a time, use Interception, and then have them lose all LP while I would theoretically only lose 4 and a Jormengand. The problem is an entirely different one from Kraven's.

Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:
Jenrak wrote:
Is the formula for National Service y = y + (1 x 2L) or y = 1 x (1 + (1 x 2L))?

Each individual WVP card can add one additional attack point for every 2 LP's attached to it.

For example:

WVP card has 4 Logistics Points. If National Service is activated, that translates to an additional 2 attack points. If that same card uses High-speed Bombing Run, which requires 3 LP's and deals a minimum damage of 2, the actual damage dealt by the attack is 5 (2 base damage + 1 additional damage from extra LP + 2 additional damage from the effects of National Service). I added the catch in an attempt to balance it out.

So I assume the wording should be: "This Ability is always in effect. For every 2 Logistics Point attached to this card, add 1 damage after all effects to WVP's total damage output"?

As an FYI to everyone, shuffling and coin flipping cannot be easily done, so do not add it in as effects to anything. The reason is simple: we're using a text forum with no way to figure out the integrity and legitimacy of each other.

On that count, I've updated the Legal Modified list with a few more cards. Milograd and I will sometime today set up a match to test out the rules, the run, and how it functions, if there are no problems, I will set up a tournament right away for NSTCG.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:54 am

Not really. The downsides to the National Service ability are doubling the individual WVP card's bounty--I mean Objective Points awarded to the opponent--and the fact that it doesn't stack with one of the card's attack effects. My thought is that National Service can be activated once per card, given the risks. But when activated, it will always be active.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
4. PDAF can go to hell!

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:55 am

Jenrak wrote:both Safe Zones

Ahh, you're right. I didn't mean that to be the case. Let's try this again:
[Attack2 Effect / Condition] All active cards (No longer affects safe zone cards, nor was it ever intended to) lose all logistics points, and take 2 damage for each that they lost. (Kills Jormengand, unless its health is buffed to at least 8 or it can somehow use fewer LP)

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:11 am

Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:Not really. The downsides to the National Service ability are doubling the individual WVP card's bounty--I mean Objective Points awarded to the opponent--and the fact that it doesn't stack with one of the card's attack effects. My thought is that National Service can be activated once per card, given the risks. But when activated, it will always be active.

So "You may use this Ability once per card, per game. If you do, this Ability is always in effect"?

Jormengand wrote:
Jenrak wrote:both Safe Zones

Ahh, you're right. I didn't mean that to be the case. Let's try this again:
[Attack2 Effect / Condition] All active cards (No longer affects safe zone cards, nor was it ever intended to) lose all logistics points, and take 2 damage for each that they lost. (Kills Jormengand, unless its health is buffed to at least 8 or it can somehow use fewer LP)

Alright, Interception sounds more reasonable.

Bait force sounds like a semi-counterspell. Was it intended to?

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:12 am

[Nation Name*]TaQud
[Health*]8
[Type*]Political
[Ability Name and Effect]Copyright Act: Prevents two cards of the same card to be used in the safe zone or attack nations.
[Attack Damage*]2
[Attack Name*]Advertisements
[Attack Effect / Condition]The lower the health of this card... the more powerful it gets. (Health: 8 Power 1, Health: 7 Power 2, Health: 6 Power 3, Health 5: Power 4, Health: 4 Power 5, Health: 3 Power 6, Health: 2 Power 7, Health: 1 Power 8 )
[Resistance]-1 military

is this okay?
Last edited by TaQud on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:16 am

Attack costs?

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 am

TaQud wrote:Health: 1 Power 9

That will 1HKO just about anything, save something with 8 hp and 2 resistance.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:18 am

That's pretty much it.

4. PDAF can go to hell!

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:19 am

Jormengand wrote:
TaQud wrote:Health: 1 Power 9

That will 1HKO just about anything, save something with 8 hp and 2 resistance.

Fine I'll edit.

@Jenrak: What are the available options?
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:20 am

Jenrak wrote:Bait force sounds like a semi-counterspell. Was it intended to?

It was designed to be one of two things:
"Ha, you just used an ability that damages you/heals me/whatever."
"Ha, you just used your one shot ability that heals you to full health, when you were on full health."

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:23 am

Can I say the attack cost 1 (whatever it is)?

Vassel
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vassel » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:23 am

Jormengand wrote:
Jenrak wrote:Bait force sounds like a semi-counterspell. Was it intended to?

It was designed to be one of two things:
"Ha, you just used your one shot ability that heals you to full health, when you were on full health."

That sounds like a double-edged sword.
Soldiers of dictatorships,they don't care about you or anyone!All the care about is the benefit of themselves and undermining eveyone around them!What the dictator does is treat you like machines,not humans!They think they can tell you whatever to do and you will do that!They even expect you to murder children just because of thier greed!The dictator has a black stone for a heart,a demon where thier sanity should be,and only care about money,not the benefit of the people!They fight for supremacy,not equality!Fight for freedom,not slavery,for liberty not captivity.

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:25 am

Vassel wrote:
Jormengand wrote:It was designed to be one of two things:

That sounds like a double-edged sword.

Well, it's meant to be used to make the enemy use their abilities at totally inappropriate times. This will generally mean that they have a reduced effect.

Vassel
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vassel » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:31 am

Jormengand wrote:
Vassel wrote:That sounds like a double-edged sword.

Well, it's meant to be used to make the enemy use their abilities at totally inappropriate times. This will generally mean that they have a reduced effect.

Still,the effect of Bait Force can either be good for you or be your own demise. :geek:

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:34 am

Vassel wrote:
Jormengand wrote:Well, it's meant to be used to make the enemy use their abilities at totally inappropriate times. This will generally mean that they have a reduced effect.

Still,the effect of Bait Force can either be good for you or be your own demise. :geek:

Maybe, given that it does also let the enemy use a card effect out of sequence. However, a good player will be able to use it in a way that won't backfire.

Generex
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Generex » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:42 am

Generex [5] [P]
[Diversity: If Generex would be destroyed, you may transfer the remaining health of Generex to other nations you control.]
[2] [State Strike]
[X This attack ignores resistances. If Generex has 2 or less health left, deal 1 damage to Generex]
[2+] [Rim Artillary]
[X This attack deals 2 damage plus 1 more damage for each logistic point you have on this card. If this card's current health is less than its original health, subtract the difference from the damage of this attack.]
[-1 Economic Resistance]

How's this?
Factbook - Gov. Overview
Practically, somewhere between a libertarian and a liberal.
Impractically, I would prefer (atleast government wise) for something like generex. Than (theoretically), most people could be satisfied.
-WARNING: User likes to post while barely awake, has no truely solid opinion about anything, and is unable to RP to save his life-
RIP, 1000 Cats :(

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 am

TaQud wrote:
[Nation Name*]TaQud
[Health*]8
[Type*]Political
[Ability Name and Effect]Copyright Act: Prevents two cards of the same card to be used in the safe zone or attack nations.
[Attack Damage*]2
[Attack Name*]Advertisements
[Attack Effect / Condition]The lower the health of this card... the more powerful it gets. (Health: 8 Power 1, Health: 7 Power 2, Health: 6 Power 3, Health 5: Power 4, Health: 4 Power 5, Health: 3 Power 6, Health: 2 Power 7, Health: 1 Power 8 )
[Resistance]-1 military

is this okay?

There edited

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:50 am

Generex wrote:
Generex [5] [P]
[Diversity: If Generex would be destroyed, you may transfer the remaining health of Generex to other nations you control.]
[2] [State Strike]
[X This attack ignores resistances. If Generex has 2 or less health left, deal 1 damage to Generex]
[2+] [Rim Artillary]
[X This attack deals 2 damage plus 1 more damage for each logistic point you have on this card. If this card's current health is less than its original health, subtract the difference from the damage of this attack.]
[-1 Economic Resistance]

How's this?

Looks a little underpowered, but good. That's just my personal opinion though.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 am

[Vetalia*] [5*] [Economic*]

All Vetalia abilities can be played while the nation is in the safe zone

[Predatory Lending: Add two logistic points to your pool this turn. Next turn, you receive no logistic points.]

[Bank of Vetalia: Attach any number of logistic points to Vetalia. For every two points attached to Vetalia, you receive an additional logistic point to play per turn. Instead of this action, you may remove logistic points from Vetalia and return them to your pool.]

[Speculative Bubble: Flip a coin. If heads, double the number of logistic points on Vetalia. If tails, remove all logistic points from Vetalia.]

[Flavor Text: The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.- Proverbs 22:7]

[Resistance: Economic -3]
[Weakness: Crimmond, Automagfreek +1 Attacks on Vetalia from these nations inflict an additional damage point]
Last edited by Vetalia on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Shanix
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:24 am

Jormengand wrote:
Generex wrote:
Generex [5] [P]
[2] [State Strike]
[2+] [Rim Artillary]
[-1 Economic Resistance]

How's this?

Looks a little underpowered, but good. That's just my personal opinion though.

I think it looks fine. Good attacks, with some nice negative effects just in case.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information