NATION

PASSWORD

Applications to Aeneas [Role-Playing Region]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kirisaki
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kirisaki » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:03 am

Los Padrinos wrote:Foreword: I'm the same player who applied with Sargosso, which is why there will be similarities between this nation and that one. I don't play Sargosso any more, and was hoping that I could replace them. If this disrupts the canon or previous RP, I can't really remember any, I'm sure we can hash it out.

Nation Name: The People's Republic of Los Padrinos
Form of Government: Officially an elective democracy, though the system is rife with corruption.
National Leader(s): President Adrián Alfito Santana
Population (Please remember our realism guidelines): 8,240,000
Estimated GDP: 380,000 (Nominal)
Description of National Culture: Multiculturalism is one of Los Padrinos' defining traits. While the majority of the population are ethnically Padrinan (76%), there is a large immigrant population who are employed into cheap labour, but also a large bubble of tourists and foreigners working in the country temporarily. As for food, music, and other cultural aspects, look to Cuba and in some parts Spain for cues on how the people act, dress, and look.
Climate and Geography: Los Padrinos is a tropical nation, befitted with stretches of soft-sand beaches, dense jungles, but also large expanses of wild grass. The summers are blisteringly hot and humid, while the winters only show a small dip in temperature. Los Padrinos's largely hot climate encourages a large amount of tourism during the warmest seasons.
National History: In 1561, the Gate Trading Company purchased a charter for the land on which Los Padrinos now stands, and soon set to colonising the area. Unlike traditional colonial powers, the Gate's leadership saw the advantage of assimilation over oppression, and worked diligently to encourage the native population to reform and join them. In the span of a decade, the trading company had successfully founded Gatist Lower Plata, a semi-autonomous region that served primarily as a region for trade. However, as time marched on, the Gate Trading Company began to wane in its global power, and was soon disestablished. The citizens of Lower Plata were now stranded, no food coming in, and no reinforcements to protect them for hostile global powers. Horrified at the idea of Lower Plata falling into the hands of some foreign power, the wealthy aristocrat Vidal Zavala declared himself the President of the newly formed Republic of Los Padrinos in the spring of 1600. While the restoration of a formal government was received well by most of the citizenry, Zavala knew he needed to act quickly to prevent any sort of civil war against those who saw him as power hungry. With his fortune, he bribed politicians into vowing their support, paid the mafia to protect him and his followers, and finally, hired a national guard. In only a few short months, the quick thinking President Zavala had secured himself as the sole leader of Los Padrinos, and on the 9th of June 1601, the country celebrated its independence from any sort of foreign power or company. A constitution was written, houses of congress established, and a flag adopted. The next 400 years saw Los Padrinos continue as a democracy, with each new president reforming the country a little bit closer to utopia. However at the same time, with each president, a new Jefe took control of the Padrinan Mafia, which by the 1920s was nearly as influential as the state itself. The historic 1960 trial of Jefe Gabriel Lisandro, is marked by historians as the point at which the mafia and the government had begun to permeate one another. The mob, wildly rich due to its profits from racketeering and smuggling, was able to buy-off nearly everyone in Lisandro's trial, and despite the overwhelming evidence against him, the Jefe saw all charges dropped. In response to the outcry, both from within the country and abroad, then President Raul Vicaro called the day "a noble example of our justice system at work". Today, Los Padrinos is something of a faux democracy, its President Santana possessing a 98% approval rating. The population of Los Padrinos know well how corrupt the government is, but it is far too hot to bother trying to overthrow it, and, for all its corruption, the small nation has a fairly impressive welfare system which tends to keep the people on the side of the government.
Description of National Economy (Major sectors, development, etc.): In the past, gold and tin mines were the main source of income for Los Padrinos, though nowadays, gold is scarce only the latter is mined regularly. Tin is typically sold on directly to other nations before being manufactured, though a small percentage is kept to turn into cans. Currently, the country makes the most money from tourism, as its resorts and beaches attract tens of thousands of foreigners each year. Additionally, Los Padrinos sells on its surplus of fish and tropical fruit, two commodities that the country has an ample supply of.
Description of National Military (Please remember our realism guidelines): Sargosso maintains a professional army of approximately 90,000 men. These soldiers have the sole mission of protecting Sargosso from internal and external threats, and primarily train for guerilla warfare. The military is given a small, but manageable, portion of the government's yearly budget, allowing for the military to house and feed its soldiers, though the money typically runs out there. Aligned with the military and the government is the paramilitary branch of the Padrinan Mafia, known as Los Oyentes (lit. The Listeners). The Oyentes dress in civilian clothing, though typically have a flair to them, be it a fashionable suit or expensive gold jewellery. The mission of Los Oyentes is to root out and destroy threats to the power of state. It is unknown how many belong to Los Oyentes, but it is believed they have some 10,000 members. The nation also boasts a small coast guard which it uses to protect trade.
Description of Geopolitical Role (E.g. expansionist middle power, small state, isolated dictatorship): Los Padrinos is a small state, and happily isolated from worldly conflicts. It is often the target of left wing pundits and activists who claim that the illegitimate President Santana needs to be exposed so that he may answer for the country's problems, but each time this is brought up, the President typically gives a public speech that shows off all his accomplishments, which is often enough to kill the media hype. Los Padrinos has proven to the world in the past that it is happily democratic by holding elections every four years, although Santana has won every election since he came to power in 2001. On a worldly scale, Los Padrinos is neutral, but friendly to all, trading with whomever will buy its tin, fruit, and fish.
Roleplaying Example or Link (Please provide at least three paragraphs): (Just going to use the one I used for Sargosso: http://pastebin.com/m1xTS47Q)
Notes and Questions: Nothing comes to mind.
Please list any active alts or puppets you may control: Sargosso, Legisa, both are inactive however and will not be brought into this RP.
Have you ever controlled a nation that was deleted for poor conduct: Nope.
Have you read and understood the guidelines on our OP: Yes!

Could you explain why you weren't really active at all with Sargosso? I'm asking because we're /very/ reluctant to accept members that go into bouts of prolonged inactivity for no good reason. Frankly speaking, you're a good writer and roleplayer, judging from what I've seen of your material, yet until my concerns regarding activity are properly addressed I shall have to lean towards a nay.

Note - please also revise your GDP figure. I'm guessing it was a simple error on your part, but that cannot possibly a realistic GDP for a MT nation.
The artist known as Kyrin Knightsbridge; everybody's favourite blend of acidic, astringent sarcasm.

Los Padrinos
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Los Padrinos » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:49 am

Kirisaki wrote:
Los Padrinos wrote:snip

Could you explain why you weren't really active at all with Sargosso? I'm asking because we're /very/ reluctant to accept members that go into bouts of prolonged inactivity for no good reason. Frankly speaking, you're a good writer and roleplayer, judging from what I've seen of your material, yet until my concerns regarding activity are properly addressed I shall have to lean towards a nay.

Note - please also revise your GDP figure. I'm guessing it was a simple error on your part, but that cannot possibly a realistic GDP for a MT nation.

I realise it was pretty lame of me to become utterly inactive only a week or so after joining you all, and I do regret it. As for an explanation why, in a word: exams. The pressure of school really ramped up and I'd taken my attention off of most of my hobbies, NS included. It's summer now and I have a huge amount of time to spend, so don't worry about me ditching again.

As for the GDP, the figure is close to Colombia's GDP, but I think I forgot to mention that the units were "millions of dollars". GDP has always been something that confused me, so sorry if I'm not making a whole lot of sense here. If you simply need an estimate, imagine the wealth of a nation like Colombia or Venezuela.

Aurinsula
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurinsula » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:30 am

Los Padrinos wrote:
Kirisaki wrote:

I realise it was pretty lame of me to become utterly inactive only a week or so after joining you all, and I do regret it. As for an explanation why, in a word: exams. The pressure of school really ramped up and I'd taken my attention off of most of my hobbies, NS included. It's summer now and I have a huge amount of time to spend, so don't worry about me ditching again.

As for the GDP, the figure is close to Colombia's GDP, but I think I forgot to mention that the units were "millions of dollars". GDP has always been something that confused me, so sorry if I'm not making a whole lot of sense here. If you simply need an estimate, imagine the wealth of a nation like Colombia or Venezuela.

That explanation satisfies me. I say aye.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:06 am

Los Padrinos wrote:Foreword: I'm the same player who applied with Sargosso, which is why there will be similarities between this nation and that one. I don't play Sargosso any more, and was hoping that I could replace them. If this disrupts the canon or previous RP, I can't really remember any, I'm sure we can hash it out.

Nation Name: The People's Republic of Los Padrinos
Form of Government: Officially an elective democracy, though the system is rife with corruption.
National Leader(s): President Adrián Alfito Santana
Population (Please remember our realism guidelines): 8,240,000
Estimated GDP: 380,000 (Nominal)
Description of National Culture: Multiculturalism is one of Los Padrinos' defining traits. While the majority of the population are ethnically Padrinan (76%), there is a large immigrant population who are employed into cheap labour, but also a large bubble of tourists and foreigners working in the country temporarily. As for food, music, and other cultural aspects, look to Cuba and in some parts Spain for cues on how the people act, dress, and look.
Climate and Geography: Los Padrinos is a tropical nation, befitted with stretches of soft-sand beaches, dense jungles, but also large expanses of wild grass. The summers are blisteringly hot and humid, while the winters only show a small dip in temperature. Los Padrinos's largely hot climate encourages a large amount of tourism during the warmest seasons.
National History: In 1561, the Gate Trading Company purchased a charter for the land on which Los Padrinos now stands, and soon set to colonising the area. Unlike traditional colonial powers, the Gate's leadership saw the advantage of assimilation over oppression, and worked diligently to encourage the native population to reform and join them. In the span of a decade, the trading company had successfully founded Gatist Lower Plata, a semi-autonomous region that served primarily as a region for trade. However, as time marched on, the Gate Trading Company began to wane in its global power, and was soon disestablished. The citizens of Lower Plata were now stranded, no food coming in, and no reinforcements to protect them for hostile global powers. Horrified at the idea of Lower Plata falling into the hands of some foreign power, the wealthy aristocrat Vidal Zavala declared himself the President of the newly formed Republic of Los Padrinos in the spring of 1600. While the restoration of a formal government was received well by most of the citizenry, Zavala knew he needed to act quickly to prevent any sort of civil war against those who saw him as power hungry. With his fortune, he bribed politicians into vowing their support, paid the mafia to protect him and his followers, and finally, hired a national guard. In only a few short months, the quick thinking President Zavala had secured himself as the sole leader of Los Padrinos, and on the 9th of June 1601, the country celebrated its independence from any sort of foreign power or company. A constitution was written, houses of congress established, and a flag adopted. The next 400 years saw Los Padrinos continue as a democracy, with each new president reforming the country a little bit closer to utopia. However at the same time, with each president, a new Jefe took control of the Padrinan Mafia, which by the 1920s was nearly as influential as the state itself. The historic 1960 trial of Jefe Gabriel Lisandro, is marked by historians as the point at which the mafia and the government had begun to permeate one another. The mob, wildly rich due to its profits from racketeering and smuggling, was able to buy-off nearly everyone in Lisandro's trial, and despite the overwhelming evidence against him, the Jefe saw all charges dropped. In response to the outcry, both from within the country and abroad, then President Raul Vicaro called the day "a noble example of our justice system at work". Today, Los Padrinos is something of a faux democracy, its President Santana possessing a 98% approval rating. The population of Los Padrinos know well how corrupt the government is, but it is far too hot to bother trying to overthrow it, and, for all its corruption, the small nation has a fairly impressive welfare system which tends to keep the people on the side of the government.
Description of National Economy (Major sectors, development, etc.): In the past, gold and tin mines were the main source of income for Los Padrinos, though nowadays, gold is scarce only the latter is mined regularly. Tin is typically sold on directly to other nations before being manufactured, though a small percentage is kept to turn into cans. Currently, the country makes the most money from tourism, as its resorts and beaches attract tens of thousands of foreigners each year. Additionally, Los Padrinos sells on its surplus of fish and tropical fruit, two commodities that the country has an ample supply of.
Description of National Military (Please remember our realism guidelines): Sargosso maintains a professional army of approximately 90,000 men. These soldiers have the sole mission of protecting Sargosso from internal and external threats, and primarily train for guerilla warfare. The military is given a small, but manageable, portion of the government's yearly budget, allowing for the military to house and feed its soldiers, though the money typically runs out there. Aligned with the military and the government is the paramilitary branch of the Padrinan Mafia, known as Los Oyentes (lit. The Listeners). The Oyentes dress in civilian clothing, though typically have a flair to them, be it a fashionable suit or expensive gold jewellery. The mission of Los Oyentes is to root out and destroy threats to the power of state. It is unknown how many belong to Los Oyentes, but it is believed they have some 10,000 members. The nation also boasts a small coast guard which it uses to protect trade.
Description of Geopolitical Role (E.g. expansionist middle power, small state, isolated dictatorship): Los Padrinos is a small state, and happily isolated from worldly conflicts. It is often the target of left wing pundits and activists who claim that the illegitimate President Santana needs to be exposed so that he may answer for the country's problems, but each time this is brought up, the President typically gives a public speech that shows off all his accomplishments, which is often enough to kill the media hype. Los Padrinos has proven to the world in the past that it is happily democratic by holding elections every four years, although Santana has won every election since he came to power in 2001. On a worldly scale, Los Padrinos is neutral, but friendly to all, trading with whomever will buy its tin, fruit, and fish.
Roleplaying Example or Link (Please provide at least three paragraphs): (Just going to use the one I used for Sargosso: http://pastebin.com/m1xTS47Q)
Notes and Questions: Nothing comes to mind.
Please list any active alts or puppets you may control: Sargosso, Legisa, both are inactive however and will not be brought into this RP.
Have you ever controlled a nation that was deleted for poor conduct: Nope.
Have you read and understood the guidelines on our OP: Yes!

Aye for me as well.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:12 am

Yes

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:18 pm

In favor of Los Padrinos.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:31 pm

I'm in Favor of Los Padrinos
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

North Defese
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:18 am

I'll be in favour of Los Padrinos. I think everyone was hit with inactivity during that time.

Aye to Surulia as well - come to Agenor, and make it more stronk, comrade.
"One minute Defesian logic is all happy and joyish with some seriousness involved. Then suddenly you look into the context and notice a brutal, bloody wording.
And you're like 'Holy shit, Defese is terrifying.'" - Restored Belka
The Defesian National Anthem
Pro: good things :)
Con: bad things >:(

Los Padrinos
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Los Padrinos » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:02 am

Just curious as to when or if I've been accepted, would appreciate an update.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:04 am

Los Padrinos wrote:Just curious as to when or if I've been accepted, would appreciate an update.

I can't be for sure on this but you should receive an official update on your statuse as a member in the next day or two.

Yalottska
Attaché

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalottska » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:04 pm

Dear Sirs, Madames of Aeneas,

Hey all. I was a member of your region for about two weeks before I suddenly decided to take off, without much warning. I'm deeply sorry for whatever inconvenience this caused; a combination of OOC arguments with other players [very heated arguments, I might add] and some residual depression following the suicide of a friend led me to take off inconsiderately, and for that I apologize.

Since leaving, however, I've found it to be a horrible mistake; I'm not sure if NS is like a drug, or whatever, but I love the joy of world building, writing and crafting entire nations, cultures and creeds with naught but a word processor and my computer. I often try to justify the time into NS by reminding myself that I don't play videogames, but the point stands; this game is way too much fun to let go.

I implore you to consider retaking me into your region, with all of my hard-worked updates and edits. I truly hope that I can address residual resentments, if there are any, and hope for a better future in NS. I would very much like to return to Aeneas, arguably the best region on this entire damn site. :D (No, but seriously, I was looking for something like this for AGES)

Best,

--Yalottksa

Nation Name:The Sak’kath Eyukate [Holy Matriarchal Empire] of T'yalot'tska

Link to Factbook

Form of Government: Absolute Monarchy

National Leader(s): Eyuka Jakataii XVII
Kra-Psna Eyuka (Crown Princess) Syuoka
Psna Eyuka (Princess) Kyuoka
Psno Eyuka (Prince) Khezanhka
Tu’zzoka (Baron) Henekkt Svovakataii of S’ua Chikito
Tu’zzoka (Baron) Pokuii Shukitzo of Huena
Tu’zzoka (Baron) Yupik Manikato of Ju’tozzo
Tu’zzoka (Baron) Zkaiboto Kennos of Yukkaikko
Okeik (Baron) Sa’vak’S’chema Kess’ik of Sa’vahanna
Okeik (Baron) Kkennaii Kennshoui
S’ya Tozza Kran (Grand Marshal) Shuikko Senyaukka
S’ya Tozza Nevt (Grand Admiral) Jemekt Shoyyoykuoi
S'ya Tozza Mucheono (Grand Aviator) Neikaya Kuzemena
Shoyo (Religious, Spiritual Leader) Tsen-kkataii Kennos

Population (Please remember our realism guidelines): 214 million

Cities:
Su’kottoui--21.4 million
Ju'tozzo-- 15.7 million
Hueana-- 7.5 million
Yukkaikko-- 6.7 million
S'ua Chiikto-- 6.6 million
Sa’vahanna-- 6.6 million
Nvet-Yalovska-- 6.4 million
Ku'enovuoa-- 3.4 million
S'ua Makto-- 2.9 million
S'ua Tozzo-- 2.8 million
S'kenttokkottuoi-- 1.35 million
S'uakekuoi-- 0.98 million
Vykkoshkatt--0.64 million

Estimated GDP: $1.6906 billion [per capita of 7,900]

Description of National Culture:

Tea, Anybody?

Learn it, live it, love it.

The Sak’kath Eyukate of T'yalot'tska is a vast, diverse empire of exotic cultures and traditions. Dominated primarily by the Yalosii nationality, the empire also comprises Zeikla, Kaschk’Tua’u and Sokkuttuoi ethnic groups, all of whom proudly defend their respective religious and cultural customs in the face of Yalosii hegemony. This diversity can prove to be rather divisive, especially when religious differences flare between the groups. Nonetheless, the Sak’kath Eyukate’s dedication to pluralism and its identity as a Feyaissii (the state’s religion) state, as adverse to being a Yalosii state, has contributed, in part, to its centuries of survival.

The Yalosii were a Sino-Asiatic people who quickly conquered a significant swathe of the current Yalosii isles through force and mingled with the locals to create an exotic, unique linguistic and cultural tradition. The modern Yalosii have since inherited their ancestors’ traditions, unshatterable pride and deep, profound respect of the great wilderness. Once a grazing, nomadic people, the Yalosii have since abandoned their traditional ways for life in cities--but many Shamans and keepers of the old ways still continue to wander the plains, holding great influence and sway in modern Sak’kathi governance. The Yalosii are a people of infinite spirit and great wisdom.

The Zeikla were amongst the first tribes to come into the Yalosii, and while they ultimately succumbed to the armies of Eyuka Empress, Yunskathatta the First, they were able to decisively defeat many Yalosii armies before being brought to their knees. The Zeikla have earned a special prestige in the Sak’kath Eyukate as mighty warriors, and have faithfully served the Sak’kath Dynasty for the past centuries as devoted guardsmen, and in more recent times, shock-troopers and secret police. Hailing from the great jungles, the Zeikla have evolved into a cult of warrior fanatics, abandoning their axes and slings for modern implements of war.

The Kaschk’Tha’u were once a dominant cultural group inhabiting very many of the same regions as the modern Eyukate. When the combined Zeikla and Yalosii armies marched into their lands, however, they were found to be rather unprepared, having mostly lived as simple farmers. The Yalottskii proceeded to slaughter the men and rape the women, effectively destroying the Kaschk’Tha’u as a homogenous, independent group. They have since been fully integrated into mainstream Yalosii culture, but their cultural influences live on. They are the originators of several Yalottskii holidays, for example.

The nation is very much united by the Feyiassi faith---a shamanistic naturalist animal-worshiping religion---that preaches Seven Essential Virtues to guide adherents through their daily lives. It is part of the very glue that holds the decaying empire together, and has. Feyaissi is very much a product of indigenous Sokkuttuoi, who were quick to spread the faith to the new Yalottskii colonists, and establish it as the official faith of the Sak'kath Eyukate. The Yalottskii incorporated their own versions of fire and sun worship, and Feyaissii, as it is known today, was born.

Another note; the Yalottskii have an obsession with fire and heat. Their own islands, arid and dry, are home to lions and other beasts indigenous to the hot grasslands of Africa. Their own culture almost worships and reveres fire as a living, breathing spiritual force of power and endless wisdom. Many shamans specialize in fortune-telling through the use of flame and smoke, for example. Many Yalosii also worship the sun, rising early in the morning so that they may pray to the sunrise each morning. Eyuka Jakataii herself prays to the Sun, and is a strong advocate of sun worship. Heat worship extends to massive consumption of herbal teas and candles, both of which are considered objects instrumental to worship.

The Yalottskii also worship birds, viewing all birds of prey as nothing short of Gods. “Lesser” birds, such as song birds and herons, are considered messengers of the Gods, are at the very least sacred or holy. It is for this reason that poultry is all but banned in Yalos, with the exception of duck which is interestingly regarded as a kind of fish. This distinction, while bizarre to western observers, makes total sense to Yalottskii Feyaissii worshippers.

There are three leading races in the Sak'kath Eyukate of Yalottska. There are, naturally, the Yalottksa, the Zeikla, and the Sokkuttuoi. Other minorities include Indians, Chinese and Slavs. The three major groups all speak Yalottskii tongue, and worship Feyaissii. Their similarities are broad, and their differences tend to be minor and generally based on social status rather than any specific racial difference. Ethnically, inbreeding has caused the races to all look, more or less, the same. There are no real race-specific dialects and no major differences. Thus, all differences are based on social-status, clan name and economic position, and perceived differences rather than actual ones.

Climate and Geography:The Sak’kath Eyukate of Yalottska is a land of vast grasslands, mighty beasts and exotic jungles overlooked by the majestic S’ua Tozza mountains. Several rivers run down and into the great Kentzo seas (the waters surrounding Yalos.) Semi-arid Grassland and savannas tend to encompass a majority of the island landmass, though there are vast swathes of desert on each island and the southern islands are almost completely dressed in dense growth of jungle. The nation is, generally speaking, semi-arid with some rainfall.

National History: The Sak’kath Eyukate of Yalottksa finds its roots in a number of Endogamous Asiatic Farmers known as the ”Hu’a Luo Skaa” who came to the present Yalottskii isle around 800 AD in search of land, and potential wives. These Farmers, outcasts from their own nations, came to Yalottska on massive boats, whereupon they, with superior military organization and technology, were able to defeat and subjugate dozens of small, fractured tribes, take their land and begin small grazing communities which were able to develop cultural independence over a span of a few centuries.

These shepherds, however, grew increasingly ambitious, and the daughter of one particularly prosperous merchant, Yunska’thatta, was able to seduce and unite the armies of a number of powerful H’a Luo Skaa (which had evolved into the world, “Yalottska,” by this time) leaders, promising them land, glory and love. Her efforts united these small grazing communities and transformed them into a cohesive, powerful military force. In just a few centuries, Yunska’thatta and her descendants were able to conquer a large, multi-ethnic empire, thus forming the basis of the Sak’kath Dynasty. The Sak’kath Eyukas have ruled since.

Foreign industrialists, imperialist and other foreign forces have failed to effectively take control of Yalottska due to its island location, fanatic, fervent militant culture, and the sheer size of the nation's landmass and population, even if most of said nation is somewhat undeveloped and poverty-stricken.

Description of National Economy (Major sectors, development, etc.): The Sak'kath Eyukate has a relatively weak economy given heavy environmental restrictions and a relatively repressive autocratic government, in the form of the Eyukate. Much of the nation lacks access to clean water supplies, a steady source of food and proper infrastructure; many citizens of the Eyukate, especially non-Yalottskii, Sokkuttuoi or Zeikla, live in abject poverty. Working conditions are absolutely horrific and workplace discrimination is an extreme issue. In some provinces, serfdom has not yet been abolished, and virtual legions of unmotivated slaves are forced to work for cruel owners.

The central government has done very little in past years to impact the economy, generally leaving local governors, tribal leaders and military officials to exploit their peoples and natural resources. Several wealthy Okeiks (Sokkuttuoi noblemen) have grown exceedingly wealthy off drilling. Meanwhile, vast mineral deposits and rich swathes of potential grazing land are closed off to private use by the state, which defends the lands for religious reasons. In general, the Sak'kathi Economy isn't in the most competitive condition, and has long been repressed and castrated by inefficient government practices/an unwillingness to crack down on corruption.

With the rise of Eyuka Jakataii, however, such problems have seen some amelioration, and there has been a recent stimulation of the economy. To say that it will dramatically improve, however, is laughable without real meaningful change in the governmental-economic system. Things such as wealth inequality and social immobility are real, severe problems necessitating extreme solutions that the Eyuka neither has the will nor power to solve. Indeed, the rise of the oil Okeiks and their alliance with military elite, especially in the Zeikla clans, has made attempt at reform nearly impossible. Jakataii's heiress, Kyuoka, however, has bigger plans in mind and is a secret member of the V'entukoi Movement.

The economy is heavily based on drilling, fishing and beef-based agriculture, though a good light manufacturing sector has emerged from the lack of government work regulations. Because there is no minimum wage, workers can often be forced into grueling labor for nearly no economic benefit, and slavery is still in practice de facto, and actually has yet to be officially abolished de jure. Cheap, unregulated sweatshops, for example, are perfect targets for massive, international corporations bent on achieving low production costs.

Description of National Military (Please remember our realism guidelines):

Military Factbook

Rapid Response Forces

Elite Female Guards Division

The Sak'Kath Eyuka's Army is a large conscript force that maintains a few elements of highly motivated ethnic "Zeikla Divisions" and most of the military is equipped with outdated or insufficient equipment. Still, the Zeikla formations pose a credible threat to a potential enemy through their sheer fanaticism and dedication to the Eyukate, though the majority of the army doesn't nearly approach such levels of dedication.

The Sak'kathi military is generally led by Okeiks or Tu'zzoks, with little room for personal advancement for those without patronage or heritage. Most equipment are modified Soviet or Russian models designed for the wide plains of Yalos, and not very much high-technology is to be found amongst Yalos' armed forces. This isn't to say, however, that the Yalosii army is weak. While certainly underfunded and poor motivation, the Yalosii army also dwarves its neighbors' and still has a credible, infamous formation of Zeiklese warriors who, generally speaking, train from infancy for cultural and religious reasons.

Sokkuttuoi formations, surprisingly, almost entirely dominate the application of Yalottskii artillery and air forces. Generally speaking, the Sokkuttuoi are not fond of the idea of direct combat.

Description of Geopolitical Role (E.g. expansionist middle power, small state, isolated dictatorship): Isolationist, reemerging power [with potential for reform]

Roleplaying Example or Link (Please provide at least three paragraphs):
Obsidian Fortress
When Will the Sun Rise?
The Cacophony of Clashing Steel
The Napoleonic Complex
The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth
The Blue Insurrection
Some FT
The Gathering Storm

Notes and Questions:

EDIT:

I promised to write Estoni a poem. Here is a haiku.

Estoni, you are
Beautiful because you are
A British Laddie
Last edited by Yalottska on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Su'ayuka K'tozza Kard'tza [Infinite Imperial State] fuer T'yalot'tska || The Yalottskii Language
Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization || The Sua'tozza Khen'mekki [Military] || RP Resume || Muh RP Stats
Korean American, Military Aspirations
This nation does not represent my views in any way. I'm not a right wing theocratic, autocratic, pro-slavery monarchist in any way.

Viridisolum
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Viridisolum » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:08 pm

Yalos~

I support your application without any hesitation.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Yalottska wrote:I would very much like to return to Aeneas, arguably the best region on this entire damn site. :D (No, but seriously, I was looking for something like this for AGES)

*throws money at my laptop screen*

Welcome home.

Kirisaki
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kirisaki » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:02 am

No objection.
The artist known as Kyrin Knightsbridge; everybody's favourite blend of acidic, astringent sarcasm.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:31 am

...Yalos?

*Heavy Breathing*

(Also no objections)

Estoni
Attaché

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estoni » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Come home bby.
Florys wrote:14:20 Flo "And on your left you can see a local militia finishing off a mass grave." "Oooh look honey, gosh they look so much like people, get a photo with me and the harrowing poverty."
Tericio wrote:03:09 Tericio "For a genocidal regime, Estoni has incredible trust in human goodwill."

Imperial Valaran
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Valaran » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:14 pm

On this latest App, I choose to quote a wise Alpaca:

Ewwww wtf no gtfo, get away from this region u dirt bag.

jk, obviously AYE
Brytene: "Well strap yourself in kiddo, I am a literal fountain of abusive metaphors and fun"

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Alt of Valaran. I guess this one is more regal?

And now. Buses.

Yalottska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yalottska » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:17 pm

Imperial Valaran wrote:On this latest App, I choose to quote a wise Alpaca:

jk, obviously AYE

Oh. HE's here. Nvm. I don't want to join anymore.

Jk, I lub u Valaran :o

The Su'ayuka K'tozza Kard'tza [Infinite Imperial State] fuer T'yalot'tska || The Yalottskii Language
Santiago Anti-Communist Treaty Organization || The Sua'tozza Khen'mekki [Military] || RP Resume || Muh RP Stats
This nation does not represent my views in any way. I'm not a right wing theocratic, autocratic, pro-slavery monarchist in any way.

Imperial Valaran
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Valaran » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:19 pm

Yalottska wrote:
Imperial Valaran wrote:On this latest App, I choose to quote a wise Alpaca:

jk, obviously AYE

Oh. HE's here. Nvm. I don't want to join anymore.

remov, remov the Yalos from the premises. Only the wise Alpaca can return.

:hug:
Brytene: "Well strap yourself in kiddo, I am a literal fountain of abusive metaphors and fun"

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Alt of Valaran. I guess this one is more regal?

And now. Buses.

Yalottska
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yalottska » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Imperial Valaran wrote:
Yalottska wrote:Oh. HE's here. Nvm. I don't want to join anymore.

remov, remov the Yalos from the premises. Only the wise Alpaca can return.

:hug:

Get on IRC or I'll hurt you.

North Rietumimark
Envoy

Founded: Nov 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby North Rietumimark » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Aye for Yalos.
The Totalitarian Genocidal Socialist Paradise of Rietumimark

[17:41] <Andallion> Riet is that one person who you invite over to the slumber party and quietly commits genocide with the toy soldiers in the corner

Helvianir
Attaché

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Helvianir » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:49 pm

Nation Name: Helvianir
Form of Government: Absolute Monarchy, however it goes deeper than that, Helvianir is split up in several different realms, called Holds which are ruled by a Jarl (King), Every hold has its own armed forces and all holds govern themselves, This can be seen in things like crime, commit one crime in one hold but get safety in another. All Jarls however swear loyalty to the High King , which is an institute in itself, The High King has access to a small National Defense Force at first but if Helvianir itself is under attack all Hold Armies join the National Defense. So the High King unifies Helvianir and inturn provides protection. He also makes some general rules. The title of High King is not bound to one family (house), To which house it goes depends on the first born son or daughter and which house she or he will belong to. Currently House Lorwynne holds the title of High King for 3 consecutive generations. If no heir is present all Jarls and members of major houses come together to hold a moot. If the moorlt fails the nation mostly plunges into what outsiders call civil war. Helvianir has also several Independent Cities, these act as city states with their own rules, taxes, governments and the like, but still belong to the Helvianir Kingdom. Most IC Governments mimic a democratic republic style.

National Leader(s): The Head of State is High King Dedrick Lorwynne.

Population (Please remember our realism guidelines): 45,000,000

Estimated GDP:
Total 1,998,090,000,000
Per capita 44,402
Looking at it now, these numbers are ofcourse far off, I'd need to recalculate them if needed but if somebody helps in it that would be great, as I am not really a mathematician. The person I calculated with said this was acceptable to him.

Description of National Culture:
Helvianir is a colorfull mixture between Germanic, Nordic , slightly Celtic and slightly Slavic culture, Helvianir is octolingual but the commom tongue would be English, These languages are Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, German, Danish, Estonian, Dutch and English.
The people of Helvianir could be described as self determined, ambitious, loyalists, conservative, stubborn l, creative, self reliant people, oitsiders describe Helvianirians however as cold, blunt, extroverts and humoristic. Helvianir has its own religion called The Old Gods of Helvianir, which comes along with its own Pantheon and Mythology which are losely based on the Nordic Pagan Religions. Christianity was never able to hold a sturdy grip on Helvianir due to the nature of the Helvianir people.
While immigration is not a steady flow the Independent Cities make up for that which are more multicultural, tourism however excels to Helvianir due to the mountains and overal beauty of the land.

Climate and Geography:
Helvianir is a medium to large sized country laying in the north of Agenor, Helvianir has a rugged landscape with enormous mountains making it a low populated density country, most population centers are found alongside the coast, on a river or near lakes. Helvianir has put a lot of emphasis on Nature Conservatism and has several national parks and 2 reservates.

National History:
History was recorded in year 1, when the first man painted murals of creating fires. In the 1030 the first holds appeared and in 1520 the first High King was elected in a moot by the first 4 holds. There were two major notable high king wars, named Vit Sommer, were High King Rodrik was slaughtered by an organization calling itself the Sommer Toters in 1545 and the Dunkla Vinter War in 1601 taking place in one of the harshest winters of Helvianir after High King Torryll was beheaded by his son High King Tommïl The Kinslayer. the first Viking Voyages took place in 1287. The history is a w.i.p but these are the get to know points.

Description of National Economy (Major sectors, development, etc.): Helvianor is economically a strong nation, major sectors include Tourism, warfare equipment (vehicles, weaponry) and agriculture, developing sectors are ICT and fishing after a succesfull revitalize the lakes programs. A lot of people in Helvianir are also self suffiecient meaning that most people make their own stuff, and mostly selling their items to their communities.

Description of National Military (Please remember our realism guidelines): as I said the holds have their own armed forces, i would say that the army is not the size of america but its not too small either. i still need to calculate numbers, but this can only be done when i spread my population out over the holds. Iiwiki articles will most likely appear.

Description of Geopolitical Role (E.g. expansionist middle power, small state, isolated dictatorship): Helvianir is a small power, but a nation of tensiom aswell due to the nature of how the title of high king is passed down. Helvianir is however a cultural hotspot.

Roleplaying Example or Link (Please provide at least three paragraphs):
1. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=334483#p23909760
2. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=331160#p23555030 (Just focus on the backstory, but this also shows me being able to cook something up)
3. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=326372
4. http://pastebin.com/iRpjjfwf

Notes and Questions:
- Wrote this on a hot mobile.
- Okay so I applied before and was told that my english was not up to par to that of a native speaker but to be honest I will never achieve that, as I am not a native speaker. I try my best to improve but you guys got to give me a chance, yes I know some level of quality has to be achieved but do remember that this is a game and is visited by more than just anglophones. I shouldn't be lectured about it constantly. Please allow me to proof to you all that my English can improve, that I do know how to express myself. thats all

Please list any active alts or puppets you may control: Legendardisch was my former main turned alt

Have you ever controlled a nation that was deleted for poor conduct:
no
Have you read and understood the guidelines on our OP:
yes
Last edited by Helvianir on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Hell yes.

Estoni
Attaché

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estoni » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:58 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:Hell yes.

For just this once I'm with the L-Man.
Florys wrote:14:20 Flo "And on your left you can see a local militia finishing off a mass grave." "Oooh look honey, gosh they look so much like people, get a photo with me and the harrowing poverty."
Tericio wrote:03:09 Tericio "For a genocidal regime, Estoni has incredible trust in human goodwill."

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm in support. It's a good app and having another "evil" monarchy with a Slavic minority near me might be the kick in the butt I need to want to RP again because it puts me in that much more of an interesting spot.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information